NXT Prize: Championship Match with a Champion at a PPV

Barret: IC title shot. It seems more fitting for him to be on smackdown. Smackdown has a blurry line in dominance between midcard and mainevent and the jump to main event would be easier here.

Otunga: US title shot. Otunga shouldn't win...but if WWE wants to get him big time heat, he will win and challenge R-truth and be released within a year and a half of being a jobber. BTW, he's not great on the mic. Slater was better. Otunga's voice isn't loud enough and he doesn't use AN OUNCE of conviction in his voice. SUCKY

...Gabriel...think about this. Unified Tag Title shot with....Evan Bourne or Matt Hardy.
I think people aren't considering the Tag Titles. Using a title shot on the tag titles would give the straps a little more credibility in my opinion.

I think Gabriel and Bourne could make AWESOME and WAY OVER tag champs. Simultaneous 450 and Shooting Star?!
I think Gabriel and Matt would be ok, but Matt should be on his own.

I think Barret will be fine w/o winning. I think Otunga needs it to establish credibility..but he's so bad he'll hurt someone within a month of being on an active roster. Gabriel needs and doesn't need this at the same time. Regardless, he'll get a contract, but with a win here I think he will climb higher to the top of the midcard. Without it, I fear he'll be Evan Bourne-ized.

I honestly hope whoever wins chooses to go after a top tier title (WWE or WHC) and not a midcard title. I don't think any of the three would actually win their match, and would get bumped into the midcard as a result, but to have NXT mean anything at all, the winner should try to become "THE" champion of whatever brand they jump to.

Barret: He might win, based on his current streak, but it is possible that he could lose out to either of the other two. For some reason, I can see a Barret/Cena matchup in the future. He is a decent heel and a loss to Cena wouldn't bury Barret as much as a loss to come other midcard guy. He could also go after Kofi's US title on Smackdown or R-Truth on RAW, but I doubt it right now.

Otunga: Again, Otunga/Cena seems like the most-likely option. Hell, it has some groundwork laid out for it already, which I why I feel that Otunga might win NXT. Yes, he could potentially go after a midcard belt, most likely R-Truth's, but I'd rather see the NXT winner in the main event, if even for a short time.

Gabriel: Gabriel is the oddball face in this, and while I don't think he will win, he presents more options in the title challenge department. As previously stated by Brink, he could challenge for the Tag Titles, as well as either midcard title in a face/face matchup. However, if he needs a heel to go up against or even over, then Swagger on Smackdown presents the ideal target.

Just my 2 cents, but hopefully whoever wins gets a decent storyline to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back