NJPW Star Coming To WWE?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
On the main page and some other sites, there's a report staying that a current & major star from New Japan Pro Wrestling is coming to WWE. On November 2, Devitt sent out this Tweet: "I am going to WWE.... To find a new member of #BulletClub.."

I can't say that I'm overly familiar with Devitt except for basic information. He's an Irish wrestler that's been in the business since 2000, he's 32 years old, about 5'10"-6'0" tall, 185-200 pounds and has been a major player as a Junior Heavyweight in New Japan for the past 5 or 6 years. He's been one half of the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions 6 times, 2 times with Minoru Tanaka & 4 times with Ryusuke Taguchi and is currently on his 3rd run as IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion. In May, Devitt has been working as the heel leader of a faction called Bullet Club, which is basically a stable of foreign invaders of Caucasian, Latino and Polynesian descent.

Just before the summer or right in the midst of early summer, a report came out suggesting that Devitt is someone that Triple H has had his eye on. In the report, William Regal brought Triple H some footage of Devitt doing his thing and Trips was immediately interested. This is partially because, according to this & other stuff I've read, allegedly, Triple H trusts William Regal's judgment. Regal, again allegedly, is responsible for bring some of the top talent currently in NXT to Triple H's attention.

I don't know if he's been talking to WWE, if he's about to begin talks with WWE or if he's just putting stuff on Twitter for the hell of it like a lot of people. As I said, I'm not all that familiar with his work, so is he someone worth bringing in?

Devitt is awesome. I will say I've only seen a handful of his matches (most against Alex Shelley) but from what I saw the guy is a beast. He's great in the ring and is good on the mic. His Irish accent lends itself to being a heel certainly. He certainly has all the tools to become a big player in WWE

As to whether he actually will go to WWE I don't know. Him saying something on Twitter is one thing. He could be genuine or taking the piss. I'd wait and see before I jump at the idea.

I will say this though. If WWE are really looking at him they certainly seem to be more interested in actual ring talent now. With guys like Rollins and Ambrose on the roster and Sami Zayn down in NXT they certainly seem to be going that route.

Devitt is indeed awesome and I hope he is coming in, would be great to watch him on WWE shows!

Hey remember when there was a "memo" about WWE not wanting indie guys and saying they needed more "big guys" lol!

I've only seen one match of Devitt against Pac (Adrianne Neville) but I liked what I saw. I've also seen his finisher on some youtube compilations and it looks deadly (single underhook implant DDT). I believe he calls it Bloody Sunday.

Devitt is the ill nana. But, don't believe it until you see it since WWE has wanted him for a long, long, long time. If he does come, hopefully WWE puts him in feuds with the right people (e.g. CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler). It will be a tragic misuse of talent if we have to see him go against someone like Sheamus or Ryback.

Daron Acemoğlu;4667247 said:
Devitt is the ill nana. But, don't believe it until you see it since WWE has wanted him for a long, long, long time. If he does come, hopefully WWE puts him in feuds with the right people (e.g. CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler). It will be a tragic misuse of talent if we have to see him go against someone like Sheamus or Ryback.
If I were devitt, I'd be incredibly insulted. You're basically saying he needs to work with other indie guys to be entertaining, in ither words, one dimensional. My favorite CM Punk match if all time (and I've been a fan of Punk since IWA-MS When Hero Met Punk) is Punk vs Cena on Raw. Punk is a dynamic wrestler. If Devitt is any good, he should actually be better against guys opposite of him because it's harder but there is a better story to tell.

Devitt is fantastic but he's also getting the the biggest push of his career right now. In the hottest wrestling promotion on the planet at this point in time. So personally I can't see it unless WWE make a big money play for him. There are obvious dream match ups but I can't see why WWE would bring in a guy like Devitt with the pomp and circumstance that his skill deserves.

I hear there's a master of the Discus Elbow that's up for hire. Maybe if this Devitt guy is smart, he'll consider doing something with it. That is, if he's not going to WWE. If is, then I wonder how long until WWE decides to make him, Zayn, and Sheamus out to be related.

Devitt is fantastic but he's also getting the the biggest push of his career right now. In the hottest wrestling promotion on the planet at this point in time. So personally I can't see it unless WWE make a big money play for him. There are obvious dream match ups but I can't see why WWE would bring in a guy like Devitt with the pomp and circumstance that his skill deserves.

It's not as hot as you may think it is. WWE could offer him probably 1/4 of what NJPW is offering and Devitt would jump like crazy. And he'd be wise to do so. Unlike NJPW, WWE opens him to a global audience that can't be duplicated. He'd be known to people from the United States to Australia, and everywhere in between. NJPW gives him a chance to be seen by people of Japan and the few people who care to search on Youtube for him. Do not say that the exposure is the same, because it's not. WWE trumps every company there is to trump, and there's not even a second thought about it.

Explain "hottest wrestling promotion on the planet" because WWE will draw 70K at Mania every year regardless. They are also about to be the latest recipient of the sports cable TV bubble sweepstakes and probably get a billion dollar contact signed from a company that wants the rights to air their programming.

Too many of you don't understand just how big and successful (yes, even to this day), the WWE is.

Devitt should sign with WWE if it's offered. It makes your career. You can ask for more money simply having been on WWE TV. You think Eugene would be making shit on the indies if he wasn't ever on WWE TV? Even in Japan you can ask for more money. You become a bigger name, a more marketable name, thus, you generate more revenue for the company and can command more of a paycheck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back