Night Of Champions: Chris Jericho vs. Kofi Kingston

Knowing as how this is WWE and they haven't made an IC title match for NOC, I could see them making a battle royal for the title, and then have some stipulation where anyone who is a former champion can be in the match, they could have HBK in the match and just go straight after Jericho and both go over the top rope at the same time or some shit like that, guaranteeing us a new champion, it's kinda dumb, and been done before but just seems to scream WWE if you ask me

Shawn Michaels will still be out for NOC it will be Jeff Hardy vs. Chris Jericho, Lance Cade will come down to interfere causing a run-in from Shawn Michaels to take out Cade and a whisper in the wind on Jericho to regain the IC title. Setting up Hardy's next feud with Cade and continuing Michaels and Jericho until GAB

I could see Jericho making an open challenge on Raw to anyone to challange him. Then with the pick in the draft Raw gets MVP. He comes to the ring and accepts the challange. He talks about his run as US champion and he wants more gold. It could be the beginning of a new feud which has the possiblities of being a great one.

Knowing as how this is WWE and they haven't made an IC title match for NOC, I could see them making a battle royal for the title, and then have some stipulation where anyone who is a former champion can be in the match, they could have HBK in the match and just go straight after Jericho and both go over the top rope at the same time or some shit like that, guaranteeing us a new champion, it's kinda dumb, and been done before but just seems to scream WWE if you ask me

I wouldn't mind seeing something like that, just as long as someone credible would win the title. A lot of people want Hardy back as IC champ but they don't realize that it'd be a step down from his main event push. He'd be feuding with Cade, who hasn't gotten the reputation yet.

If they were to have a new IC champ that wasn't HBK, I'd want it to be Kennedy. Trouble is, it disrupts the Jericho/HBK, Kennedy/Burchill feuds going on. They'd have to wait to give Kennedy the title from Jericho so they can have a proper feud.

All in all, I'm 100% expecting to see HBK vs Jericho with Jericho retaining. Its just far too logical, makes far too much sense, and has already had the build necessary to warrant the challenge. Any other option makes no sense in my opinion unless you want Jericho vs Cade and have Jericho completely throw the match to Cade, making him IC champ, screwing the credibility once more.

Looks like they'll either have Rey or Punk vs Jericho or just have Michaels come out looking for revenge, whether he is supposed to be injured or not, kind of like what happened on Raw last night. Unless they have a supplemental draft or something like they had last year just after the main one, where someone could go to Raw and challenge Jericho for the belt, but seeing as the extra draft will most likely be done on WWE.com I doubt there will be anyone drafted with enough star power to face Jericho. Because Jericho is basically Raw's top heel now other than... JBL? Hell no.

Edit: Lol, as soon as I post a comment talking about a supplemental draft, I read a new post on the site saying that there probably won't be one. Ok, hopefully Jericho vs Rey/Punk/HBK will be good or whatever other type of match they put together. Every one of those four that could be in the match can wrestle, so it should at least be entertaining to watch.

The likely scenerios are Jericho issuing an open challenge at NOC and HBK answering it or perhaps Y2J granting Cade an IC championship match for his "support" of Jericho on RAW. Unless something is announced prior to NOC, we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm surprised that the Intercontinental Title has been treated so second or even third rate again. It's hard to believe the last time the IC Title was defended on PPV was Summerslam last year when Umaga beat Kennedy and Carlito. I love Jericho as Champ because he can put on a great match with anyone. With this being "Night of Champions" what I would love to see is a Winner Take All: IC Title vs. Money in the Bank Match = Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk. The most logical choice is HBK but the IC Title is nowhere near being on his radar. The only other logical choice would be Jeff Hardy especially since he is yet to get his rematch.

I think we get an open challenge by Jericho, and it is excepted by a SD superstar (either Jeff Hardy or Mr. Kennedy), and then they defeat Jericho with the help of HBK. That way it continues the feud between HBK and Jericho and SD gets the IC title. Now with Matt Hardy as US champ on ECW, they will soon be working with Raw, so the US title will be an ECW belt, but Raw superstars have a shot at it then.

I agree with drthe093. I think an open challenge would be a great idea and then having a SmackDown! superstar like Jeff Hardy or Kennedy answering it to take the belt to SD! with the help of HBK. Otherwise SmackDown! is going to be without a mid-card championship for the time being, even though they have both World Titles, but we all know one of those is going over to RAW. I would like to see either Jericho vs. Kennedy, Hardy or HBK if he's feeling better.

It doesn't matter what happens, Jericho needs to loose this belt. When was the last time he even brought it out to the ring with him? The IC title has disappeared when Jeff had it now its completely buried around Jerichos waist. They need to get the belt on a younger star like Kingston, Kennedy, or CM Punk. Raw has a nice Mid Card spotlight since the draft. Jericho is interfering with this. He needs to be at the top. Regardless who challenges Jericho, Michaels will most likely interfere and make him loose it with a roll up pin or something. I think it would do wonders for these belt if Michaels could win it. It would restore the glory and prestige to the belt. But we all know that would not happen. Jericho must loose. I like the guy but because of his new Michaels program, the belt doesnt fit this and it would get buried futher as this rivalry go on.

I'm going to go off the board here and say that Rey Mysterio will be the mystery partner, Jericho will come out and say he does not have a partner, HBK will interfere giving the title to Rey, further freeing up the HBK/Y2J feud while also allowing there to be a feud for the IC title between Mysterio and maybe a heel CM Punk

Im thinking that if Jericho doesnt face HBK in an open Challenge at N.O.C then it may be someone thats new to Raw but still a huge name like Rey Mystrio J.R jus because it would be a huge suprise and a good for a cheap pop and Jeirco gettin screwed and losing the belt to Rey work cause it futher his feud with HBK and it gives the belt to Rey to make his return a huge impact and a great start for him on Raw

Three options, that's all I can see happening:

1. Jericho faces Michaels. Retains the title.

2. Jericho faces Cade, lays down for him, lets Cade become the new IC champion.

3. Jericho issues an open challenge and its answered by Kennedy, who wins the IC title, bringing it to Smackdown. If this happens, then Matt will retain his US title, so that when the Raw/ECW merger happens, Raw gets the US title. However, I really hope that this doesn't happen, as I don't share the same thoughts as others that "switching belts makes things more interesting", as its the same mentality that if they suddenly start using the red/white/blue ring ropes again, Creative will write better stories and wrestlers will perform better lol.

I expect to see HBK surprisingly come out and face Jericho at NOC, all the signs are pointing to it, and I see jericho finally getting a win over HBK, with possible help from Lance Cade, who the WWE is reportedly planningn to push as a heel, afterwards, I possibly can see jericho challenging for the WWE or WHC in the forseeable future, maybe entering a program against cena, as the RAW roster really doesn't have that major heel, JBL doesn't have it, and with Orton hurt, Y2J apppears to be ready for a heel main event run.

From what I've read, they're serious about pushing Cade as a main event heel, so perhaps the biggest way possible to get him over would be to have Michaels win the IC title in a couple of days and then have Cade beat Michaels in the future most likely via rollup from Jericho's distraction or whatever. Just an idea, but probably won't happen anyway.

I see the only logical guy to be the mystery opponet is.....

Kofi Kingston. Think of it. Guy has been pushed, and is pretty over, and that of at least a mid card. He JUST got moved to RAW. The belt would be 100 times better served around his waist than anyone else, and they dont really have any other legit faces from the mid card to upper mid card, since Rey Mysterio is still hurt. I can deineatley see a suprise entrance from Kofi, with outside interference from HBK costing Jericho the title.

I see the only logical guy to be the mystery opponet is.....

Kofi Kingston. QUOTE]

i was just thinking that he would be the way to go, could also help jericho be pushed to the main event....loses to a raw newcomer (who he has never heard of) is pissed off about it, claims he is the best and was fluked out of title, then claims title was beneath him so goes for the big gold

Has no one even thought of the possibility of Ron Killings or Chris Harris making their long-awaited debuts? I think either of those men, in a match against Y2J, would make for a HUGE pop.

Of course, I'm glad someone mentioned Kofi Kingston. If either of the aforementioned TNA guys don't debut as Jericho's mystery opponent, then it seems like Kingston is guaranteed for a title shot. Why would they bring him to Raw if they didn't plan on pushing him? They did the same thing with Shelton Benjamin four years ago.

Either way, I think everyone is gonna be in for a big surprise, come Sunday night.

Or who knows, maybe Disco Inferno is gonna make his return to the ring...

HAH.

wishful thinking.

I'm still standing strongly by my judgment that the Intercontinental Championship will be won by a Smackdown Superstar. It makes perfect sense, especially if Matt Hardy will be bringing the United States Championship to E.C.W., and by that it'll share with Raw.

With that being said, the perfect opponent for Chris Jericho, in his last Raw-like appearance would/should be none other than Mr. Kennedy.

I think Kennedy would be the right choice for this, as he is jumping to Smackdown, yet won't be infused directly into the Main Event with Triple H. also there, as well as the Undertaker returning in a month. So since you wouldn't likely want to de-push Kennedy, I'd say let him win the Intercontinental Championship and then feud with M.V.P. or any number of other guys.

Wow u think tht Kofi Kingston is going to be the challenger huh.... um... i kno who it will be.... THE FUCKING HEARTBREAK KID SHAWN MICHAELS. THese two guys has got a lot of heat between them espically after Jericho rammed Shawn into the Jerichotron, I'm an HBK fan so I would really like to see Shawn winning the I.C. belt and keeping to summerslam tht way i can watch him defend tht belt live!!!!

Wow u think tht Kofi Kingston is going to be the challenger huh.... um... i kno who it will be.... THE FUCKING HEARTBREAK KID SHAWN MICHAELS. THese two guys has got a lot of heat between them espically after Jericho rammed Shawn into the Jerichotron, I'm an HBK fan so I would really like to see Shawn winning the I.C. belt and keeping to summerslam tht way i can watch him defend tht belt live!!!!

I don't know if you've noticed or not, but Shawn's been having a bit of a problem seeing.. let alone wrestling. Mr. Showstopper won't be making a B-Pay Per View appearance, except to cost Jericho his Championship.

They'll wanna push the Shawn Michaels v. Chris Jericho feud for as long as they can, and within that it looks like it could become H.B.K. v. Lance Cade, while long building Jericho v. H.B.K. for Summerslam. Either way, thats a major storyline that'd be blown to shit if they just blew their load early on H.B.K. v. Jericho at a p.p.v. designed to strictly be around Championships being defended.

Have Jericho drop the title to a Smackdown guy. Maybe Kennedy or Shelton?
Then give RAW a Cruiserweight championship for guys like Kofi, Noble, Mysterio and London to fight over.
Have Mark Henry win the ECW title and that leaves every brand with a main title. a secondary title and a women's title. (Apart from ECW, who can presumably challenge for the RAW title after the merge is complete?

This would also mean either Batista/Cena bringing a title back to RAW. I think this PPV will sell simply because of the almost guaranteed title changes.

I don't think Kennedy's gonna be in-line for a IC title push at ALL.

If anyone was watching the Draft on monday night, as I'm sure you all were, when Kennedy's name was picked to go to Smackdown, did you notice the words he was mouthing to Edge? "I'm coming for you", or something along those lines.

To me, that says Kennedy's gonna screw Edge out of his title, or at least help him win so HE (kennedy) can challenge Edge for the belt.

I firmly believe Kennedy is in line for a major push, now that he's back on Smackdown. Him and Edge could have a great feud. All they've gotta do is get rid of that useless La Familia, break Chavo off from the pack, and send Hawkins and Rider back to FCW. Edge NEEDS to go solo again.

He's a great heel, but he's a weak champ. Having all those guys around to do his dirty work proves he can't get the job done by himself. If he were to break away, I'd have much more respect for him as a champion.
Then again, I guess he's doing his job as a heel, if he's got so many people hatin' on him.

Yeah. I'd love Kennedy vs Edge for the championship.
Just thinking of a way to get a secondary title on Smackdown after Sunday.

Yeah, La Familia is pretty useless. It suits Edge's character but he needs to prove he can legitimately beat top stars without 5 guys in his corner. Like when he beat Mick Foley and Cena a couple of times with only Lita in his corner, a hot Diva suits Edge's Rated R gimmick, perhaps his wedding planner?

Anyway back to Night Of Champions. Shelton sounds like a good option for the shot? Heel vs Heel I know, but it would only be for one match...

If they really want to bring back a secondary, or even tertiary title, into the fray, why not the Hardcore championship? Bring back all the old rules, such as the 24/7 thing, blah blah blah. Just a thought.

Again, back to the NOC. I think Shelton vs. Y2J could be a fan-f**king-tastic match, heel vs. heel or not. It's already been established that Shelton Benjamin can hold his own in the ring with the best of 'em. (i.e. his debut match on Raw against HHH).
Why not give him another push?
It does make sense.

All the same, I'm kinda hoping it turns out to be Kofi Kingston. I'm really diggin' this guy lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back