New Impact World Champion!

Starkist

(To Rip) The Heart From Your Hate
Tonight on Redemption saw Lucha Underground and I guess current Impact star Pentagon Jr., capture the Impact World Heavyweight Champion title from Austin Aries along with Fenix in a three way dance.

I am currently shocked that they put the belt on the man I was hoping would win. Pentagon screams money as he goes as Pentagon Jr. Pentagon Dark and many more unique variations of his name. He capture tonight the debuting (much better WHC title) new title belt as well. He is the man of Zero Fear, has massive amounts of charisma for a man that barely speaks. (My only issue is who speaks for him? Mysterious? One could hope) Fenix is amazing as well so it will be interesting as who becomes apart of the WHC main event picture now that the man with no fear holds the belt.

What are you thoughts on Impacts new World Champion Pentagon Jr?

Cero Miedo!

Surprising but a risk that could be just what they need to get people watching.

Pentagon has that character that if described you would just have to watch and see for yourself.

Now if they book him correctly and not fuck things up then they could be in business. With the amazing matches I've seen them have a feud between Fenix and Pentagon over the World Championship would be money

I agree 100% with what you said. Callis seems to be a legit hand so hopefully he can call the shots on how this is handled. Maybe I can go see a TV taping since it is free to get into and only and hour drive. It would be nice to see Jr. Live with the newly created title and see how they handle him. The matches are endless. Impact, Aries, Fenix, Cage, Sydal, Edwards, Drago, DJ Z, Moose and that's not nearly all the epic battles we could have. Pentagon needs a mouth piece and I think and am guessing which could be crazy but, but! VAMPIRO! After all, Vampiro is Pentagon Jr's master.

Thoughts on that?

My apologies, it seems both Fenix and Pentagon are no longer with AAA or Lucha Underground. They have been working with Crash and are known as The Lucha Brothers (they are real life brothers) and apparently have had some great match ups. So it seems a working relationship with Impact is ongoing. This is awesome for Impact.

I went out and got a subscription with Global Wrestling Network when I heard of this result. This PPV isn't on it yet, but I'll probably watch it fifty times when it is. Being able to watch the entirety of the TNA library is nice.

With what little CMLL and AAA I was able to watch as a kid, I was a huge fan of Octagon. He was a Mexican ninja whose theme music was La Bamba, so there was that. He was also crazy fast and precise with his kicks. Then in the mid-nineties came Pentagon, who I only knew about after the following match happened:

I was 13 when that match happened, and I was an instant fan of Pentagon. He made being bad look cool. Sasuke and Octagon were "good guys" and I honestly didn't really like good guys at that age. It was like watching Samurai Showdown in real life, two ninjas battling it out was the easiest way to get my paper route money back then. To my knowledge, that was the only time Octagon and Pentagon fought one on one.

Then a few years later they appeared on an episode of RAW where a bunch of clearly oblivious fans clearly didn't realize how epic an encounter they were witnessing:

At 3:40 Pentagon and Octagon are tagged in, and dear lord I was losing my shit. The two men went about 110 mph and left me both ecstatic for what I was seeing and seething at the crowd for not popping huge for such a rare and epic encounter.

Pentagon Jr is a very fitting example of the theme of a martial arts technician in Lucha Libre, one of my favorite matches of his was when he took on Ricochet and never lost a step:

Pentagon Jr has also proven that he can wrestle in the style of a bruiser with an unmatched tolerance for pain, showcased in his insanely captivating match with Vampiro:

Ultima Lucha: Part 2: Vampiro vs Pentagon Jr. CERO MIEDO MATCH - FULL MATCH

I love that Pentagon Jr is getting some real recognition for his presence and his talents. The Cero Miedo chant is infectious for all the right reasons and he always puts on a flawless show. I, like 99% of the prowrestling world, expected Austin Aries to win that triple threat match. Impact just made me into a superfan of theirs by doing what was right instead of doing what made the most sense.

Thank you Impact Wrestling, thank you Pentagon Jr.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be surprise if this is just a transitional thing to get peoples talking about them and that Eli drake might cash in his title shot and win the title on the next set of tv tapings.

Wouldn't be surprise if this is just a transitional thing to get peoples talking about them and that Eli drake might cash in his title shot and win the title on the next set of tv tapings.

Ah man! Please do not say that. This does have all the potential to be the case. If Stiner does not stick around, then I see Drake dropping the belts to LAX or another team, then Drake cashing in on the Aries/Pentagon rematch and winning the belt.

Still, i hope this shock follows with potentially great tv tapings.

I will be watching IMPACT now. I am currently on Season 2 of Lucha Underground (watching on Netflix) and Pentagon Jr. is my favorite on the roster by a long shot. If I had known he was going to win (defeats the purpose I know) I would've ordered the show last night. Like Starkist, I REALLY hope this isn't just a title switch for the sake of a PPV.

Keep the belt on Pentagon for a while, PLEASE.

I may not view this thread again because I am afraid of LU spoilers, but thank you for posting this result. I would not have watched IMPACT this week otherwise. Anyone who has not seen Pentagon, do yourself a favor and give him a chance. IMO he has a fantastic anti-hero character.

Sorry but FAKE News lol
They may have left AAA but are still very much with LU Penat is still the champ and has been doing live shows and Fenix has been spotted at both tapings so far
My apologies, it seems both Fenix and Pentagon are no longer with AAA or Lucha Underground. They have been working with Crash and are known as The Lucha Brothers (they are real life brothers) and apparently have had some great match ups. So it seems a working relationship with Impact is ongoing. This is awesome for Impact.

Sorry but FAKE News lol
They may have left AAA but are still very much with LU Penat is still the champ and has been doing live shows and Fenix has been spotted at both tapings so far

Word. Didn't know it was fake news. But that is good to hear and hopefully they keep pushing Pentagon and Fenix.

Yeah looks like the only main event guys gone from LU are Angelico (who was injured more than Daniel Bryan) Puma and Sexy Starr who did it to herself
Word. Didn't know it was fake news. But that is good to hear and hopefully they keep pushing Pentagon and Fenix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back