New Idea For a Storyline

BillAlfonso

Getting Noticed By Management
Where to begin? Here’s my new idea for an angle, I’ll use the WWE since, because of circumstances, it’s the promotion I get to watch the most but you can apply it to any promotion. Take an unassuming wrestler, we’ll call him A. Nother Wrestler, this is a guy that goes about his business, just happy to be a wrestler. He’s nothing special in the ring and just a “nice guy” backstage, when we see him during backstage vignettes no one dislikes him, even the heels are generally cordial to him, he’s always eager to help and expects nothing in return. The key is for him to never, I repeat, NEVER get over with the fans, there’s no pops or any kind of fan reaction for him, I even want the announcers to acknowledge the fact that he’s a very nice guy but my wrestling/sports entertainment isn’t for him, like even if he wins, he doesn’t win cleanly (just have him wrestle HHH every week).

Now, he tries to make time with some of the Divas but they keep shooting him down because of the ol’ bullshit excuse, he’s too nice(they actually like him and talk about him favorably as maybe boyfriend material but his just too nice). After being shot down so much, he reserves himself to his fate of being unsuccessful with women but eventually he makes friends with one of the face Divas (Kelly Kelly on Raw and Eve or Maria on Smackdown), who is one of the Divas that have turned him down but he’s just cool with being friends with her. Their in each other’s corners during their matches, etc. and after a while, she starts to warm up to him and eventually starts to like him because of how nice and supportive he is to her the problem is that he’s oblivious to it because, as I said before, he just assumes that he’ll ever have any success with the ladies and she’s unable to admit to herself, let alone him.

Let’s fast-forward a month or two, he’s been on a tear, he’s been dumping guys on their head every where he goes and winning cleanly. His recent string of victories earns him a shot at the I.C./U.S. title and he wins so cleanly, so cleanly that it’s clear that there’s an opportunity for the WWE/World Heavyweight Title shot in his future which draws the attention of a heel Diva (Maryse on Raw and Layla or Michelle McCool on Smackdown). He’s so happy that things have been going his way with his career and his love life that, naturally, he tells his friend who’s happy for him to his face but is kinda down when he isn’t around. Now, it’s obvious to every that the Diva is just using him but once again, he’s oblivious to how women operate. This creates heat between his friend and his girlfriend and he has to break up their fights, she wants to tell him but doesn’t want to ruin his friendship.

Now eventually, the WWE/World Heavyweight Champion (The Miz, if he ever gets it, on Raw or Edge on Smackdown. I use these guys because they seem to be the only superstars to acknowledge pussy, the other guys are so asexual. Even Orton.) takes an interest in his girl and she leaves him for the champ which hurts him and causes him to lose his title. He’s so hurt his world is turned upside down and begins losing his matches left and right, everyone feels bad for him because they could see it coming but they couldn’t tell him anything, the guys do things guys do to take their friend’s mind off of their ex and the divas all think that if they were a little nicer to him that maybe such a nice guy wouldn’t have gotten hurt like that. His friend tries to console him, but he’s avoids contact with women for fear of being hurt like that again. Eventually, he’s so lost that he “leaves” the WWE, one his male friends finds him before he leaves and tries in vain to talk him out of it. Realizing that he’s unable to, he asks him when he will back and he replies that he doesn’t know if he’ll ever comeback.

Time goes by and the heel Diva starts to realize that the champion is a pretty crappy boyfriend, she start’s to miss A. Nother Wrestler, she feels bad for what she did to him and eventually breaks up with the champion. Fast-forward, a new stable(maybe the stable I thought of in another thread I started, “New Idea For A Stable”) shows up and begins handing the WWE it’s ass and we find out that A. Nother Wrestler is apart of it and he has a new girlfriend, a really trashy girl who simply adores him. This woman loves him to the point that it’s sickening, she gropes him and kisses on him every chance she gets. His friend and his ex, who like the rest of the WWE have put their differences aside to take on the stable, come to the ring and try to talk some sense into him. His friend tries first and tells him how she liked him but just couldn’t admit it, he listens and decides to leave without saying anything but his ex stops him and tries her hand. She tells him that she’s sorry about what she did to him and for driving him into such a vile group of people, this draws a response out of him. He goes off on them both, he tells his friend that she’s no different from everyone else because she never really accepted him, that she was just around because he was a nice person that gave without expecting anything in return. He then tells his ex that she shouldn’t be so vain because the only thing she did was open his eyes to how people really were.

He then tells them that the reason he’s with the stable isn’t for titles, money, or women, it’s because he’s finally found some people that have accepted him and want nothing from him accept loyalty which is something he always gave them. He leaves then they try to stop him again which brings his new girlfriend out, she starts going off on them about how they don’t deserve a man like him. They then tell him that, maybe they don’t deserve him but they don’t think that she does either and they go at it with her and he breaks them up. Backstage, his friend and his ex talk about how then need to get him away from her but then the question of who gets him arises and thus begins a three-way feud them and A. Nother Wrestler’s girlfriend.

Eventually, they talk him out of the stable and they think that the battle over his heart was just between them but to their surprise his girlfriend follows him because she’s in love with them, continuing their three-way feud and beginning his feud with the stable. The angle end with him finally helping the WWE defeat the stable and one of the girls winning his heart, whether or not he ever wins the title is inconsequential. What do you think?

You posted this thread twice, and couldn't get it in the right forum either time. Feel fortunate I'm a nice guy.

As far as your storyline goes, it sucks. Like, hardcore. It's one of the worst things I've ever read on a wrestling forum, in the way of storylines, and I've read some pretty awful ones. Your idea includes a wrestler no one cares about, a love story that's been done millions of times in movies, and a storyline arc that lasts for something like a year. It'll never work, it's dumb, and reeks of amateur writing. I can do a better storyline in one sentence. Here watch:

Person A is fighting for a World title when Person B interrupts the match causing A to lose, and now A wants revenge on Person B.

Much more interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back