NCAA Football Thread - 2010-11

Megatron

Justin Verlander > You
With the College Football season, which I prefer over the NFL, just days away from returning, I figured it was time to make the official thread. In here, obviously, talk about NCAA FB. You can also make your early season predictions in here as well. I'll give my MSU Spartans preview in a few days. But until then, let's let the anticipation build up.

Conference Champions:
ACC: NORTH CAROLINA over Florida State
BIG EAST: PITTSBURGH
BIG TEN: IOWA
BIG 12: NEBRASKA over Oklahoma
PAC 10: OREGON
SEC: FLORIDA over Alabama

MWC: TCU
WAC: BOISE STATE
MAC: TEMPLE
C-USA: HOUSTON
SUN BELT: TROY

BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP: NEBRASKA over Florida

Boise State, TCU, Ohio State, and Alabama all get the At-Large BCS Bids.

HEISMAN: RYAN MALLET, QB, ARKANSAS over Terelle Pryor, QB, Ohio State and Kellen Moore, QB, Boise State.

I agree with most of it. I'm a Florida fan, and without being biased I agree with you. We don't have Tebow anymore, but we're still stacked.

Iowa is a logical, and thought out pick, but they always lose a game they shouldn't. There's nothing factual for me to stand on, but I couldn't trust them to finish a season, so I give that to Ohio State. I also give Stanford the Pac10, but Oregon is a good choice.

Backtracking to Florida, while I think they'll be great this year, I don't think we'll be that good. We'll lose a game, maybe two. I believe we win the SEC though. I think it will be the first year in a while without an SEC team in the title game. We'll probably have Ohio State vs the Big 12 winner, Nebraska or Oklahoma. Ryan Mallett is good, but he doesn't have National Support, nor does he play on popular enough of a team to garner him support over a Terrelle Pryor, Landry Jones/Demarcco Murray, or even Andrew Luck/Jake Locker who already have momentum from last year.

That being said, I'll post mine and let everyone agree or disagree:

ACC: Miami over Florida State
Big 12: Oklahoma over Nebraska; Closest call to me, but Oklahoma has more experience.
Big 10: Ohio State; They get by Miami early, they'll be on a roll. Iowa will be toughest game.
Big East: West Virginia
Pac 10: Stanford
SEC: Florida over Alabama; Pretty evenly matched. Reverse of last season, Florida with new QB, etc

Heisman: Landry Jones over Terrelle Pryor, Andrew Luck, Jake Locker, and Mark Ingram

National Title Game: Ohio State over Oklahoma; Pryor looked big in the Rose Bowl last year, I think he continues it. Big boost for him. Meanwhile, the Sooners continue their big game woes.

I hope Boise State gets in so they get shallacked though. Kill the whining.

All of Iowa's big games (Ohio State, Wisconsin, MSU, and I think Penn St) are all at home. And if Ricky Stanzi can stay healthy, which is questionable, they are great. Every game that he's started and finished the Hawkeyes have won, and I'm just not buying into the Pryor hype. I know I picked him to be in the Heisman contention, but he'll always have games where you're scratching your head at what he's doing, like the Purdue game last year.

As for the Heisman, Mallett certainly has some backing from people. He's been named the best QB in the SEC, ahead of McIlroy and Brantley. He'll put up crazy stats and probably be the most efficient QB in the NCAA, aside from maybe Moore. Arkansas should be a good team, as well, so that won't hurt anything.

Oh, and Washington to be the sleeper team in Pac 10. Locker has been heavily hyped and they had a nice 4 win increase last year, including beating USC. Should be a bowl team, and possibly may challenge Oregon and USC in the Pac-10 race.

Northwestern has their number. It just seems they lose just when you think they've made it.

Pryor is an interesting case. He's obviously talented, and yes, has horrible games. But I think he will grow with the other guys he's worked his way up with. Almost all of his co-starters he's played with since he's taken over. And again, the Rose Bowl had to be a huge confidence boost.

With Mallett, he'll be the on the 3rd-4th team at best, and is overshadowed by the guy who just won the Heisman, and the guy who is taking over for a past winner. He just won't get the support. If Oklahoma goes undefeated, Landry Jones will catapult past him too. He'll put up a great season, but I don't think that alone is enough to get him past everyone with everything he needs to pass them in.

Pryor is an interesting case. He's obviously talented, and yes, has horrible games. But I think he will grow with the other guys he's worked his way up with. Almost all of his co-starters he's played with since he's taken over. And again, the Rose Bowl had to be a huge confidence boost.

For the most part Pryor is shit and always has been. One good Rose Bowl game will not change my opinion on the guy. I believe he will single handedly cost OSU at least one if not two games this season. Way too inaccurate and way too inconsistent for me to take OSU serious as a contender.

If Pryor is ever going to make the step to the next level, it'll be this year. After the way he finished off lats year it's clear his capable of being a very good passer, but don't forget, just a few weeks before the Rose Bowl he had a 96 yard passing game against Iowa. Given Ohio State's defense and the rest of the talent they got, I'd say they're in fine position to at least get to the national title game, if Pryor is slightly above average.

National Title Game: Boise over Florida.

Conference Champions:
ACC: VIRGINIA TECH over Boston College
BIG EAST: PITTSBURGH
BIG TEN: OHIO ST
BIG 12: NEBRASKA over Oklahoma
PAC 10: OREGON
SEC: ALABAMA over Florida

BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP: VIRGINIA TECH over Ohio St.

Iowa, TCU, Miami, and Alabama all get the At-Large BCS Bids.

HEISMAN: Ryan Williams, RB, Virginia Tech over Terelle Pryor and Ryan Mallett.

Im gonna get bashed for it, but thats how I feel. Noone has taken VT serious. The ap has them 10th. They finished the year last year in 6th, and returned almost everyone on offense, plus got their injured RB Darren Evans back. Plus the growth of Tyrod Taylor. Bud Foster is one of the top 3 D Cordinators in the country and will field a good defense. Maybe people will see Labor Day when they play Boise.

For the most part Pryor is shit and always has been. One good Rose Bowl game will not change my opinion on the guy. I believe he will single handedly cost OSU at least one if not two games this season. Way too inaccurate and way too inconsistent for me to take OSU serious as a contender.

No, I agree with you. Its based on a gut feeling more than fact. I have nothing, nor does anyone else for that matter, that says he'll be better, but Ohio State as a whole should be based on what we know, returning a lot of starters, and despite Pryor's flaws, he led a team who only lost two games.

And I pray to the mighty God of Heaven that Florida can play Boise in the Title Game. Finally shut everyone up.

Should be a pretty damn exciting season this year. Pretty sure Boise will make it to the BCS game, I honestly don't see them losing any games in the regular season, and I have them winning the confrence championship handily. But the interesting aspects of this year are:

A: Who will play Boise in the BCS title game?

B: Will Boise stand a chance against the team they get?

I think that either 'Bama, or Nebraska will be in the title game alongside Boise, and I do believe that either of those teams will kick the shit out of Boise.

Confrence picks'll be up soon.

Time for my (slightly biased) predictions of how my Spartans season will end out.

Sep. 4 vs. Western Michigan WIN
Sep. 11 vs. Florida Atlantic WIN
Sep. 18 vs. Notre Dame WIN
Sep. 25 vs. Northern Colorado WIN

Not a difficult OOC schedule, at all. Only ND poses a threat of defeat, obviously. However, since 97 we've pretty much owned the Irish, even if 3 of their 4 wins were at Spartan Stadium. We stopped that streak two years ago, and the one thing that ND fans either like to forget or just don't talk about with Brian Kelly is that his teams are really, really poor defensively. He's pretty much an improved version of Charlie Weis. The offense will score, but it'll be tough for them to stop a lot of guys, especially since this is Kelly's first year at ND. The passing game of Cousins to Dell, Cunningham, Nichol, Martin, and Gantt should be enough to propell them to a fast start, which hindered them last year.

Oct. 2 vs. Wisconsin LOSS

Tough start to the Big 10 opener, facing one of the favorites in Wisconsin. It'll be a shootout like it was last year, with our passing game holding our own against John Clay and Co. I really could see this going either way, considering that us and Wisconsin have had a lot of close and back and forth games b/w each other recently. However, for the sake of not looking super biased, I'll take the Badgers.

Oct. 9 at Michigan WIN
Oct. 16 vs. Illinois WIN

Our schedule makers have made this very favorable for the Spartans, not giving us a game out of state until late October. Michigan, while I think will be better then what they've been, still is questionable at the QB situation. I know we'll be halfway into the season by then, but State finally will be the favorites and we'll see how they react to being the 'Big Dog'. Hopefully this doesn't start the time when MSU begins their tradition of fading late. They haven't done it badly with Dantonio, but winning in October and November is important if this team wants to step into the top echelon of the Big 10.

Oct. 23 at Northwestern WIN
Oct. 30 at Iowa LOSS

Our first true road test versus NW should be a challenging one, but we've always seemed to get the better of them each and every year, no matter how badly we're doing. I just don't know if they'll be able to stop our sexy looking passing game. As for Iowa, this is another game that, like when we play Wisconsin, could really bounce either way. They do have Wisconsin the week before at home, and this could be a little bit of a hangover game for them. Do I think it will? No. But MSU went to Kinnick two years ago and came back to beat the Hawkeyes, so they've shown they can win there. Sure, the team wasn't as good as they should be this year, but it's still a big road win. I expect this game to be scored somewhere b/w the mid teens low 20's at best.

Nov. 6 vs. Minnesota WIN
Nov. 13 vs. Purdue WIN
Nov. 20 at Penn State LOSS

November looks quite nice for us, two of the 3 games, yet again, at home. Minnesota looks like they're gonna have a down year, and we have to make up for that disappointing loss against them last year. Purdue I think could be a surprise team and the two had an exciting shootout last year, and this team slightly worries me with Marve under the center. One of the few home games I'm slightly not 100% sure on, along with ND. Penn State has had us the past two years, and although they *shouldn't* run all over us this year, they've just had our number.

Overall: 9-3 (5-3 in Big 10)

That looks like an honest prediction, tbh. Sure, there's a few toss-up games that I sided with Sparty, (ND, NW, Purdue) but Dantonio did lead these guys to 9 wins last year and, if they would've had the ball bounce a few ways their side last year, would've probably had back to back 9 win campaigns. Winning the games they should is important. They need to start a tradition of winning games late and not losing as many by single digits and at the last minute. Again, they've gotten better of not falling flat once it turns to October since Dantonio was hired and I think they'll bounce back to 08 form, but until they can pull out wins on the games that they are the underdogs (Iowa, Wisconsin, Penn State) they'll probably be no better then 5th or 6th in the conference, especially since Nebraska is coming into the conference next year.

I really like Dantonio as a coach. I mean, really. I think he's underappreciated for what he's done in changing the culture at State. But if they wanna become a Big 10 power like I'd love for them to see, they HAVE HAVE HAVE to close out games. Last year they lost 5 games that they had leads in the 4th. That completely changes the outlook of a season. I expect them to turnaround from last year and learn from their early season mistakes and make it another memorable season for Sparty, ending in our first bowl win since like 2000.

Conference Winners -

ACC - Virginia Tech
Big East - Cincinnati
Big Ten - Ohio State
Big 12 - Texas
Pac-10 - Oregon
SEC - Alabama

Heisman - Kellen Moore

Oregon Ducks Breakdown -

New Mexico - Win

Oregon has difficulties coming out of the gate hot, so scheduling a team like New Mexico should be a good thing. New Mexico won a lot of games last year, but they don't have the athletes to hang with Oregon.

Tennessee - Win

A lot of SEC heads are going to jump on me for this one, but Tennessee lost their coaches and some of their top recruits during the offseason. Their team is incredibly young and Oregon is going to go to Neyland and show the Orange how Pac-10 football is played. Take that to the bank.

Portland State - Win
Arizona State - Win

Stanford - Win

They smacked our defense around last year. Gerhart made us look like punks. We have them at home this year, have an older and more experienced defense, and they lost their Heisman hopeful. I don't think Stanford is going to be as good as Kirk Herbstreit does. They aren't a team you can just check off as a win on your calender anymore, but they aren't the class of the Pac-10.

Washington State - Win

UCLA - Win

If UCLA could find a competent quarterback and just have a serviceable offense, they'd be a tough team to beat. That defense is always going to be strong. Unfortunately, they can't score on my high school team.

USC - Win

I think USC is going to let a lot of people down. We clown-stomped them last year at Autzen and I have us doing something similar this year. They have nothing to play for other than pride. I don't think that fits the character of their team to play hard for nothing.

California - Loss

I think it's three straight we've lost at Berkley. I don't know what it is about that place, but I'm the superstitious type. This is going to be the game that an undefeated (9-0), top-5 Oregon drops and kills our national championship hopes for the year.

Washington - Win

Washington is a program that is on the upswing, but they aren't there yet. They'll be a middling 6-6, 7-5 team and won't come in to Autzen and win.

Arizona - Win

We beat them in 3 OTs last year at their place. It was the toughest game we won last season. Arizona has a potent offense and a good quarterback. I think that we handle our business this year, but again, a close game.

Oregon State - Win

Oregon State is never an automatic win. Their defense is going to be very good this year, but our offensive line is bigger and older this year. They have a new quarterback (so do we, but ours is way more talented) and I think Jacquizz is going to be banged up a lot this year by the strong defenses they play. Oregon State is in for a tough year, with probable losses to USC, TCU, Boise and capped by a loss in Eugene.

I have the Ducks at 11-1 and going to the Rose Bowl and beating Iowa 31 -20.

PITT does it again. Everytime I get my hopes up for this team, the stab me right in the heart. Now, there are some positives to be taken from the game against Utah last night. Sunseri looked much much better in the second half. Also, they showed a never say die attitude, which is big. I'm one of the decreasing few that still thinks Dave Wannstedt is the perfect fit for this program, but damn it if I'm not starting to get sick of this HHHeartbreak. Utah did a great job of not only bottling Lewis up on Defense, but also singling their recievers out on our LB's on Offense. I'm not sure why PITT didn't go for the jugular at the end of regulation instead of running Lewis on third down. Obviously, they were already in FG range, and should have tried one pass to Big Johnathan Baldwin in the End Zone. Our Defense looked confused all game. What happened to the All-American D Line we supposedly have? I hardly heard Romeus' name all night. GRRRRR, I hate this.

On a side note, if I'm a Utah fan, I'm slamming my coach today for calling that second time out when PITT was kicking the second field goal at the end of regulation. I mean ice him once, Ok....but twice? Man I don't know about that. Also, I wasn't sure about the rule, but apparently it's different than in the pros whereas you are permitted to call two timeouts in a row in that situation. Let's hope PITT can still take the Big East!

I fell ya, man. As rough as the game was last night, we take one of the best home teams in the country over the past few years into OT with a first time starting QB. That has to mean something, doesn't it? Probably not, but whatever.

Last night, the gameplan in the first have was just awful. You can't keep running on 1st and 2nd down every series, eventually they're going to catch on, which they did. They adjusted, but we didn't. I don't remember them throwing on 1st down at all in the first half. Baldwin wasn't used nearly enough either. He had a good 8 inches on the guy guarding him, and we couldn't get him the ball until the 4th quarter.

Not a total disaster, but certainly a really disappointing night.

Yeah, they run the ball EVERY first and second down in the first half, or at least it felt that way. I can understand the logic. If you come out guns blazing w/Tino and he fails, his confidence may get shot for the rest of the year. Although, I would hope he has thicker skin then that cry baby Bostic. One thing I saw (they mentioned it a number of times as well) was that Baldwin was not getting off of the line very well. Other teams would be wise to use that strategy until someone gets burned. There were a couple of jump ball situations where Baldwin would normally come down with the ball but for whatever reason last night, he didn't. I have to give a lot of credit to that DB. If Lewis has any hopes for the Heisman, he'll have to start making up for that game in a hurry.

I have two comments to make quickly. First, those announcers were ATROCIOUS last night. If Versus wants more national games, they will have to get that rectified. I mean one of those guys even called him Brad Baldwin or something of that nature....TERRIBLE. How do you NOT know the name of one of the best recievers in the country?? Second, with that PITT loss, I REALLY REALLY hope Bama beats the shit outta penn state. I can't fucking stand the arrogance of those fans. They act like they are better than PITT, but what the FUCK have they done in the last how many years? Maybe one great season?

Yeah, they run the ball EVERY first and second down in the first half, or at least it felt that way. I can understand the logic. If you come out guns blazing w/Tino and he fails, his confidence may get shot for the rest of the year. Although, I would hope he has thicker skin then that cry baby Bostic. One thing I saw (they mentioned it a number of times as well) was that Baldwin was not getting off of the line very well. Other teams would be wise to use that strategy until someone gets burned. There were a couple of jump ball situations where Baldwin would normally come down with the ball but for whatever reason last night, he didn't. I have to give a lot of credit to that DB. If Lewis has any hopes for the Heisman, he'll have to start making up for that game in a hurry.

I actually don't mind Bostick that much. He did win at Notre Dame a few years ago. Not that great, but we might've won with him last night. Wasn't he also the one that got homesick at left for a few weeks? That was a weak move.

I think Baldwin will be ok though, as will the rest of the offense. Opening up at Utah is a tough way to start off the season, that's for sure.
I have two comments to make quickly. First, those announcers were ATROCIOUS last night. If Versus wants more national games, they will have to get that rectified. I mean one of those guys even called him Brad Baldwin or something of that nature....TERRIBLE. How do you NOT know the name of one of the best recievers in the country?? Second, with that PITT loss, I REALLY REALLY hope Bama beats the shit outta penn state. I can't fucking stand the arrogance of those fans. They act like they are better than PITT, but what the FUCK have they done in the last how many years? Maybe one great season?

Agreed. Can't stand Penn State at all. Hopefully this will be a wake up call after they've opened up with 4 cupcakes for what seems like the last 20 years. The announcers were also terrible. Clearly biased, with it being a MWC network and all.

Erm, Penn State has two shared Big 10 titles and are 1-1 in BCS bowls in the past 5 years. They've had 5 straight 9 win seasons compared to Pitts two. They DO have a right to talk trash, considering they've been a better program then Pitt lately. Pitt seems to be on the upswing, but until they get some BCS Bowl berths and Big East Championships they will be a little brother to Penn State. I've always wondered why the two don't play each other regularly, either, since it's an obvious in-state rivalry and Pitt gets 5 NC games, you think they'd have a yearly matchup.

I actually don't mind Bostick that much. He did win at Notre Dame a few years ago. Not that great, but we might've won with him last night. Wasn't he also the one that got homesick at left for a few weeks? That was a weak move.

Agreed. Can't stand Penn State at all. Hopefully this will be a wake up call after they've opened up with 4 cupcakes for what seems like the last 20 years. The announcers were also terrible. Clearly biased, with it being a MWC network and all.

I contend that the Big Ten in general plays a ton of cupcake teams and is the most overated conference the the NCAA. Ohio State is the only team in my eyes that has a chance to do big things this year. I hope Rodrigez stinks to high heaven for his entire tenure at Michagan. It will be interesting to see how the new divisions work in the future and I'm sure glad they kept the Ohio Stat/Michigan rivalary going every year. PITT/penn st. could be a great rivalry as well if they would just man up and play us. They don't have a "true" rival in the Big Ten and they act as though it would be beneath them to play PITT every year, or we would have to concede two home games to them, to every 1 at Heinz....FUCK THAT

I contend that the Big Ten in general plays a ton of cupcake teams and is the most overated conference the the NCAA. Ohio State is the only team in my eyes that has a chance to do big things this year. I hope Rodrigez stinks to high heaven for his entire tenure at Michagan. It will be interesting to see how the new divisions work in the future and I'm sure glad they kept the Ohio Stat/Michigan rivalary going every year. PITT/penn st. could be a great rivalry as well if they would just man up and play us. They don't have a "true" rival in the Big Ten and they act as though it would be beneath them to play PITT every year, or we would have to concede two home games to them, to every 1 at Heinz....FUCK THAT

Please, every team plays a bunch of cupcakes except for 1 game OOC. OSU has Miami. Penn State has Bama. Michigan, State, and Purdue all have ND, who's still a high prestige program despite being poor the past few years. Minnesota has USC. Wisconsin has Arizona St. Illinois plays Missouri. NW plays Vandy, who is an SEC school. Iowa plays Arizona State and Iowa State. Only Indiana plays a weak schedule.

Get outta here with that poor OOC bullshit. Big Ten is clearly the 2nd best conference.

Please, every team plays a bunch of cupcakes except for 1 game OOC. OSU has Miami. Penn State has Bama. Michigan, State, and Purdue all have ND, who's still a high prestige program despite being poor the past few years. Minnesota has USC. Wisconsin has Arizona St. Illinois plays Missouri. NW plays Vandy, who is an SEC school. Iowa plays Arizona State and Iowa State. Only Indiana plays a weak schedule.

Get outta here with that poor OOC bullshit. Big Ten is clearly the 2nd best conference.

PITT plays Utah, Miami AND Notre Dame out of Conference. Who in the Big Ten has a better OOC Schedule than that?

The Big Ten has more quality and depth in the conference though. Who's all good in the Big East for Pitt? WVU and Cincy are the only teams that possess real threats to Big East titles. Ohio State, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Penn State all are legit contenders to the title. MSU and Northwestern are legit 8 win teams each year. SEC teams don't play jack shit OOC either, but they don't have to b/c their conference is much stronger then the Big East. Why schedule more then 1 hard OOC game when you have tough enough competition as it is inside and a loss would ruin your chances at a Title Game berth. The Big East is weaker so Pitt has to schedule tougher opponents if they ever have dreams of making a BCS Championship.

MSU and Northwestern are legit 8 win teams each year.

I'm sorry I wasn't going to intervene in this argument but this statement is bullshit. Northwestern has had at least 8 wins the last 2 years but before that the last time they had 8 wins was 2000. That doesn't make you a legit 8 win team every year. They've had a nice two year run but lets not kid ourselves. This is still Northwestern.

Michigan State has only won at least 8 games 3 times since 1991. They didn't even get to 8 wins last year. How exactly does three 8 win seasons in 19 years make you a legit 8 win team every year?

You're acting as if they've been a poor team. State easily could've been a 8 win team last year if they would've pulled out a few. Northwestern has had a good run with Fitzgerald or w/e their coaches name is. Obviously they have to close out the games, but it's not as if they weren't in many of their games last year. So don't feed me that bullshit. If they would've had the ball bounce their way once or twice they would've. I don't see how the last 20 years matter when both teams have had overhauls in coaching since then. Lately they have both been right near 8 wins. Plus, both teams weak schedules could easily give them 8 wins this year.

In other news, State started their way to a winning season again, romping on Western Michigan 38-14.

The Good:
-Run game was crazy. Sure, it was only a MAC team, I know, but what I thought was gonna be our weakness this year went for about 300 yards. Two guys with 100+ games is a good sign, especially when we didn't have our #1 back playing today.
-Defense caused 3 turnovers, which is good considering we were a poor team at getting the ball last year. They have to capitalize on mistakes better, only getting a TD out of those 3, but for today it was fine.

The Bad:
-The passing game wasn't great, which I thought was gonna be a major strength of this team. A lot of dropped balls on passes that they had no right of dropping. Dell and Cousins had a nice connection b/w each other, but other then that they didn't have much. Granted, they didn't throw a whole lot, but hopefully these receivers learn to hang onto the ball.

Overall, a solid performance, although they didn't show a whole lot considering they didn't need to and they'll have another week to warm up for ND. We look good, but I'm not gonna take a whole lot, good or bad, out of this win. Other then the fact that we did win.

utah, miami, nd, uconn, usf, wvu, cincy

bama, iowa, osu

Just to clear something up, Pitt clearly has a tougher schedule than Penn State this year, and most every other year for that matter. No question, really. Pitt has 7 pretty legit opponents, Utha, Miami, Notre Dame, Uconn, South Florida, WVU, and Cincy.

Penn State has only has 4 opponents as good as any of those 7, Alabama, Iowa, Ohio State, and Michigain State. Maybe Northwestern can be added to that list. Not sure though. Also, this is the only year in forever Penn State hasn't played 4 cupcakes in a row nonconference. Over the last few years, Pitt hasn't neccessarily been better than Penn State over the past few years, but at this point, they're certainly comparable programs.

So the Ducks won 72-0 against New Mexico today. They took the game off the air after the first quarter. I'm very glad to see Oregon come out of the gate on fire. Thomas looks a little nervous out there and needs to get some of his throws down, but I'm satisfied by his game. He didn't rush the ball in the game, so I can't wait til he shows the defenses what he can do with his legs. Kenjon Barner is typically our return specialist. He had somewhere in the range of 200-250 yards from scrimmage today and five touchdowns at halftime. Speaking of return specialists, Cliff Harris (legit, young CB from Michigan) had 2 punt return touchdowns. We had 8 or 9 receivers with 15 or more yards. Nate Costa played very efficiently off the bench. He's one of the best backup quarterbacks in college football. Our defense was simply too strong for the Lobos. They had 125 or so total yards and put a donut on the scoreboard.

Oh, and Oregon recorded its largest margin of victory since 1910, where they beat Puget Sound 115-10. The Ducks also set a school record of 720 offensive yards.

It's New Mexico, but Bama played SJSU, Flordia played the other Miami, and Ole Miss played Jacksonville State (oops). Come on, man!

Im a Sc and Michigan guy and throw in a little bit of The U. I was very impressed with Michigan it looks as if Rich Rod has found his guy in Deonard Robinson. Big Blues defense looked good in a game that many picked The Huskies to win. Sc lets see they looked great offensively Matt Barkley balled throwing for 5td's and going 18-23 with 257 passing yds. Now the big issue The Trojans defense they played horrible giving up over 580 yds and 36 points definitely not Trojans defense, Monty Kiffin has some work to due. As far as Miami goes they looked great I think Jacory Harris will be great this year and put up some huge numbers can't wait till they travel to The Horse-shoe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back