• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NBA lockout is over!

Unsold Bacon

Shucky Ducky Quack Quack
http://www.torontosun.com/2011/11/26/nba-reaches-tentative-deal

The league and its players came to a tentative agreement early Saturday morning after 16 hours of marathon talks in New York City.

Training camps and free agency are slated to start on Dec. 9 with a season tipping on Christmas day.

While the rest of the existing schedule will be reworked, the Boston-New York, Miami-Dallas, Chicago-Los Angeles Lakers opening day triple-header is expected to go as scheduled to begin the 66-game campaign.

It is believed the players accepted a 49-51% band of basketball-related-income after receiving 57% under the previous agreement.

A host of system issues will be worked out over the next few days.

The Raptors and several other clubs with half-full rosters will have to work quickly to digest the new CBA and sign players.

Ratification by the players will take up to a week and owners are set to vote on the terms "in due course," according to NBA commissioner David Stern.

Saturday marked the 149th day of the lockout which began on July 1.

More to come.

I thought this deal would not be able to get done and we would miss the whole season. It's so nice to see the NBA back. Hopefully my boy Bosh can have a spectacular season and show all the haters wrong after all the letdown and jokes last year. Fact is, Heat wouldn't of made ti to the finals without Bosh's excellent play against the Bulls in the playoffs. Sorry, I'm ranting.

As we saw in the NFL with a lockout, do you think offense will go up and we will consistently get two teams over 100+ points for the first few weeks?

Christmas Day just got a whole lot better,folks.

Finally! Glad something has been done. It's likely to be one of the last 2-3 seasons with Dirk as a perennial superstar and our best chance at defending the NBA Title.

The decision to start on Christmas is good for those who currently find themselves without half their roster or have players locked into playing in the Chinese league.

While this is great news to hear, I can't say I mind that they missed the 16 games. The NBA season is long enough as it is and having them start on Christmas might actually be better for an interest wise. Only hardcore NBA fans are disappointed that games were missed until December. After Opening Night, those 15 games aren't totally important in the mind of the fans. With that being said, it's nice that we will have a season. I'll watch some games if it's on TV or is an important game, but otherwise wake me when the playoffs start and the best basketball is being played.

Thank god. I was hoping they would at least get a 50 game season but this is even better. 66 games plus we still get all star weekend. Just like when the NFL lock out ended there is going to be a quick turn around in terms of roster moves, training camp, and the start of the season. I can't wait for everything to get going.

I'm thrilled to be able to watch my Los Angeles Lakers play and obviously it's a great thing this lockout is over because it was very damaging to the NBA's image the NBA had grown in popularity in the 2010-2011 season and this lockout was threatening that newfound popularity.

Doug Legursky will start agaisnt Chiefs

Doug Legursky will start Sunday night at left guard in place of Chris Kemoeatu against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Reportedly the change is not because of the knee injury that has troubled Kemoeatu off and on this season, but more related to performance by Kemoeatu.

Legursky dressed back in week 10 against the Bengals for the first time since he dislocated a toe against the Jaguarsback in week 6. Kemoeatu has been very inconsistent this year and leads the Pittsburgh Steelers in quarterback pressures allowed and this is the most likeliest reason for the change.

Hines Ward, one of the biggest stars in franchise history, lost the starting job at wide receiver he held since 1999 in Cincinnati Nov. 13.

There are also two other veterans were demoted in favor of younger players, starting cornerback Bryant McFadden and longtime backup nose tackle Chris Hoke.

The four changes mark a notable difference from how Tomlin stayed with his lineup through a five-game losing streak in 2009. Even after he threatened changes before a Dec. 10 loss in Cleveland Browns, they never came.

James Starks active vs. Lions

Green Bay Packers RB James Starks has been dealing with knee and ankle injuries this week but he is active for the Thanksgiving Day matchup against the Detroit Lions.

Both teams have released their inactives and Starks was the biggest question mark but he is expected to play. We could also see an uptick in carries for RB Ryan Grant.

Starks was active despite being listed as questionable with knee and ankle injuries on Wednesday. Starks was hurt late in last week's win against Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Best is dealing with the effects of a concussion while Detroit Lions defensive end Lawrence Jackson was ruled doubtful so we knew he was unlikely to suit up. He is on the inactive list for either team Thursday.

Jahvid Best was previously ruled out for a fifth straight game because of a concussion. And when he is out. Kevin Smith take his place in the starting lineup.

Smith was out of the league three weeks ago, hoping to get another shot to play when his former employer gave him another chance.

The Green Bay Packers won 25-17.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back