NBA Coaching Carousel

Big Sexy

Deadly Rap Cannibal
The NBA Finals have yet to start but the search to fill coaching vacancies has. The Lakers have already hired Mike Brown and The Rockets have reportedly hired Kevin McHale. There are still two teams that are looking for coaches. The Golden State Warriors are actively searching and the Detroit Pistons are reportedly going to sever ties with John Kuester putting them on the market for a new head coach. Basically use this thread to discuss the hirings of new coaches and discuss possible candidates for the other openings. Here's my list of candidates:

Brian Shaw- The former Lakers player and assistant coach was very well liked by the Laker players and he had the opportunity to learn from arguably the greatest coach ever in Phil Jackson. He has never been a head coach before but I think he'd do great with the Warriors.

Mark Jackson- Another young, former player looking for his first coaching job. He has been working for ABC/ESPN broadcasting games the last few years. He was one of the better pass first point guards the NBA has ever seen and like Shaw I think he'd be great in Golden State.

Rick Adelman- He is a veteran coach who has been successful pretty much everywhere he went. What he did the last couple years with an injury depleted Rockets team was nothing short of remarkable. He may be off the market soon, however, because he is interested in the Portland GM position.

Jeff Van Gundy- Another veteran coach who has a proven track record. He has been working with Mark Jackson broadcasting for ABC/ESPN the last few years and was a candidate for some jobs last year as well. He'd be good with a younger team.

Bill Laimbeer- This is really just for the Pistons. He was the coach of the Detroit Shock in the WNBA for 7 years and in that time he led them to 3 WNBA championships and 4 WNBA finals appearances. He should already be a head coach in the NBA but he has been shunned away because many GM's are former players who are holding grudges against him from his playing days. Laimbeer was considered for the Pistons head coaching job back in 2006 when Larry Brown left and he was also considered for the Knicks job a few years back. He currently is an assistant for Minnesota with this being his first year. He worked primarily with the big men and it just so happens that Kevin Love turned into an elite power forward, Darko had a career year, and Michael Beasley had a career resurrection. Laimbeer is a no nonsense guy, a great basketball mind, and would be perfect for the Pistons

The Golden State Warriors finally decided on a coach a few days ago and that is Mark Jackson. I think it was a great hire and he will do tremendous with that team. Especially all of the young guards that they have.

The Pistons officially fired John Kuester and are on a search for his replacement. The leading candidates right now seem to be Bill Laimbeer, Kelvin Sampson, and Isiah Thomas. I'm hoping Laimbeer gets the job as I beleive he is the best of the three coaches and his personality would fit in best with turning this franchise back around.

It also looks like the Raptors are looking for a new coach as well. I'm not sure it matters who the coach is because that team is absolutely awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back