• 5 - Meh

• 1 - Terrible

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agrex

The Canadian Sensation
i237505864_43333_7.gif

This is my second sig on GIMP. I tried some new fonts, and patterns, and I also tried making a border. Please don't flame, but I would like some constructive criticism.

Rate/Hate.

i237505864_43333_7.gif

This is my second sig on GIMP. I tried some new fonts, and patterns, and I also tried making a border. Please don't flame, but I would like some constructive criticism.

Rate/Hate.

That contrasting effect is really annoying it some how only shows on Morrison's body his clothes looked confused and weird. As for the pattern in the background it's to contrasted and your fonts are quite bland also (I'm no GIMP expert) try some different effects with fonts instead of one solid colour.

An easy wasy to make a cool background is to use brushes, go to Deviant Art and search GIMP brushes you should be able to find something good there.

That contrasting effect is really annoying it some how only shows on Morrison's body his clothes looked confused and weird. As for the pattern in the background it's to contrasted and your fonts are quite bland also (I'm no GIMP expert) try some different effects with fonts instead of one solid colour.

An easy wasy to make a cool background is to use brushes, go to Deviant Art and search GIMP brushes you should be able to find something good there.

I knew it wasn't the best, but I wanted to experiment. I tried dowloading some stuff for GIMP, but my computer couldn't 'find' it. It must be much easier to use Photoshop as it's incredibly hard to handle GIMP.

I'll try dowloading some more stuff for my GIMP, but for now I'll put my sig making on the side because I still have much to learn.

I knew it wasn't the best, but I wanted to experiment. I tried dowloading some stuff for GIMP, but my computer couldn't 'find' it. It must be much easier to use Photoshop as it's incredibly hard to handle GIMP.

I'll try dowloading some more stuff for my GIMP, but for now I'll put my sig making on the side because I still have much to learn.

Thats ok, have you read some tutorials. You have alot of knowledge about these kind of graphics you might be able to whip up something awsome!

I really recommend getting Photoshop anyway you can. Personally, I've never used GIMP so can't comment on it, but it appears it's far easier to make sigs on PS. 3/10. As far as sigs go, I think small, rectangular ones work better, as well as borders. The text is also very flat, it needs an outline really. Pretty much what Mike said.

i237505864_43333_7.gif

Rate/Hate.

Another good try for your second signature, but I might have some ways to help you out some more in GIMP. First of all, as Mr. Sam said, usually small and rectangular sigs work better. I know it can be hard to do that and still fit your picture in, but I like to crop my picture beforehand and then paste it into the background (before blending). To crop just go on Tools>Transform Tools>Crop. As far as borders go you have to go on Select>Select All, then go on Edit>Stroke Selection and set it to something small, like 3 pixels, because I've heard a really thick border isn't good. You can also change the color of your border around with that.

As for your text, it'd be better if it matched with the rest of your signature more. Your background is black and red, while the Morrison picture is generally white, so green text wouldn't be the best fit. I would go with black text.

Oh and one more thing, to lessen the contrast that Mike is talking about, lasso around your picture, then go on Select>Feather and set it to around 25-30.

Flames Out
Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo