• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My Hopes for Lockdown

Rasha

Championship Contender
I've never really enjoyed trying to predict what will happen in wrestling. There are too many unknown elements at work (e.g. undisclosed injuries, number of appearances in contract) that can dictate the outcomes of matches in ways you can't see coming. You could think Wrestler X is in line to win a title and get a big push, but it just so happens that the PPV is the last appearance date in his current contract and he's actually about to go AWOL for a few months.

That said, I always have things I HOPE will happen. Both the individual match results and overall storylines going into a PPV always have desired outcomes. Here are some of my hopes going into Lockdown:

• I hope the main event paves the way for a clear ONE-ON-ONE title feud going forward. Three-or-more angles like the current Sting/Anderson/RVD story rarely carry the intensity of a singles feud. The TNA World Title is not where it should be and I think they need a series of intense, memorable feuds to rectify that. The main event won't necessarily need a clean finish to accomplish this, but it will need to be done in a way that the odd man out can move on.
  • I hope that the Fortune vs. Immortal match is worth more than just multi-man filler. AJ Styles making a heroic save to give his guys the win is fun, but it's a very short-lived benefit. I'd love to see them use this as a vehicle for either Daniels or Roode to go heel. I'd also hope that Bischoff or Hogan will come out before the match and announce that all of Fortune's titles are somehow up for grabs. Even if they don't change hands, at least mention and make them a little relevant for a night.
  • I hope Angle/Jarrett, Joe/Pope, and Morgan/Hernandez all come to conclusive ends. All three of these feuds, though with varying degrees of failure, have been pretty worthless. It's time to get Angle back into a role that allows him to either help put over young talent or to increase the profile of the TNA World Title and product as a whole. It's also time to find progressive uses for the young guys (Joe, Pope, Morgan, Hernandez) instead of these dead-end stories which get inconsistent exposure and prolonged resolutions.
  • I hope they "stay the course" with the current flow of the product. I know they want to make up for Victory Road, but don't go overboard trying to get it all back in one show. We don't need something crazy like Sting joining Immortal or an impromptu World Champ vs. [Insert Immortal's Newest Member Here] match after the Main Event. I've seen more positive comments about TNA's product during the last few weeks than I remember previously. There's plenty of potential already on the shelf with a reborn X-Division and new possibilities for many of your top talents finishing their current feuds. Just keep rolling and don't go for shock value.

I hope AJ Style comes back. The big 3 TNA PPV's are all about AJ doing something crazy or givnig a standout performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back