My head is fucked

It doesn't matter, I prove that you can feel miserable and have a relationship

Dude, youre all of 16 years old. You've experienced so little of the world at that age that its near impossible for you to speak from a place of understanding. Just because you can feel miserable and have a relaationship doesnt mean its the best place to be.

I believe that after the wedding, people just start to get tired, which is their own fault. If you know how to have a relationship, than anything like this would happen.

I dont know what the hell youre saying, to be honest. But where in the world did you get this idea that after marriage, people get tired? Natural isnt even married. Neither are you. I just celebrated my 4th anniversary, and while its work, as any relationship is, the good far outweighs the bad. Im not "tired or miserable", Im damn happy to be married. Every situation is different dude.

Dinner every week in the same place in boring, people just need to work hard!

What if thats what two people actually enjoy? Again, relationships are a case by case basis.

Go on vacations to fucking Brazil or even to the North of France (since Naitch is from England)
Go spend some quality time in your day-of with her, staying at home is fucking boring and going to the same places every week too.

You know nothing about relationships. Whatsoever dude.

Wait? Naitch girlfriend (for 5 years) is a bitch and he just realized that now?

When did he call her a bitch? He said its been "constant fighting"? How the hell does that equate to being a "bitch"?
It doesn't.
NAITCH why did you break up with her? Only if you want to say to a bunch of strangers.

Christ dude, go back and reread his OP. He was as clear as Im sure he cares to be with people like you trying to shove unwanted advice down his throat. Let it be man. The fact is, if a relationship is causing more problems then its worth, and you've just worked on it for it to get worse, then its probably time to let it go. Dealing with the emotions and pain afterwards are a part of life.

NAtural, you know how to get ahold of me buddy if you need anything.

I'm 17, I am in a 3 year relationship.... Saga you are 19, what do you know that I don't?

NorCal I like you, but you are saying that being with the right person is enough, you for an adult are really fucking dumb.
Somebody should get out of puberty, going to friends marriages by himself is kind of weird, even I have a date in marriages.
Does that make you feel stupid now?

it is enough, obviously you havent met the right person. It appears it is you who are naive, not I.

As for your second thing, I was serving a tour of duty in afgahnistan during my last friends wedding, so the situation didnt come up. I certainley wouldnt be hurting for a date were I wish to have one though.

Im not sure why you have in your head that just because someone isnt miserable in a relationship "working hard" as you put it, doesnt mean they are some lonely gollum :lmao: I enjoy plenty of female company whenever I so wish to have it.

Dude, youre all of 16 years old. You've experienced so little of the world at that age that its near impossible for you to speak from a place of understanding. Just because you can feel miserable and have a relaationship doesnt mean its the best place to be.
I dont know what the hell youre saying, to be honest. But where in the world did you get this idea that after marriage, people get tired? Natural isnt even married. Neither are you. I just celebrated my 4th anniversary, and while its work, as any relationship is, the good far outweighs the bad. Im not "tired or miserable", Im damn happy to be married. Every situation is different dude.
What if thats what two people actually enjoy? Again, relationships are a case by case basis.
You know nothing about relationships. Whatsoever dude.
When did he call her a bitch? He said its been "constant fighting"? How the hell does that equate to being a "bitch"?
It doesn't.
Christ dude, go back and reread his OP. He was as clear as Im sure he cares to be with people like you trying to shove unwanted advice down his throat. Let it be man. The fact is, if a relationship is causing more problems then its worth, and you've just worked on it for it to get worse, then its probably time to let it go. Dealing with the emotions and pain afterwards are a part of life.
NAtural, you know how to get ahold of me buddy if you need anything.

LSN I'm happy for your marriage and believe one day I want to say the same thing as you are saying.

This is a myth, I'm 17 I have a job, I am currently in the senior year of high school, I have grades to enter in any College here in Portugal, you know nothing about me or my family problems whatsoever.

Now tell me, what does Couple Therapy do?

it is enough, obviously you havent met the right person. It appears it is you who are naive, not I.

As for your second thing, I was serving a tour of duty in afgahnistan during my last friends wedding, so the situation didnt come up. I certainley wouldnt be hurting for a date were I wish to have one though.

Im not sure why you have in your head that just because someone isnt miserable in a relationship "working hard" as you put it, doesnt mean they are some lonely gollum :lmao: I enjoy plenty of female company whenever I so wish to have it.

Good for you, use hookers for the rest of your life.

Youre the one who said you're proof that you can be miserable and have a relationship. I feel sorry for someone who finds it to be a "burden", "tiresome" or "misery" while in a relationship for a long period of time. Not how it should be, especially at freaking 17. Youre in the time of your doggone life. Enjoy it, rather then be burdened by "being miserable in a 3 year relationship."

And its not a myth you can be married AND happy for a lengthy period of time. Im married and happy. Im going to have a kid in 8 months. Whats for me to be displeased about?

Now tell me, what does Couple Therapy do?

ANything and everything. Working with people to help understand their partner better. Working on communication. How to have a better sex life. Determining if the relationship is in the best interest of both. Working with both people on getting their needs met. Working through infidelity. I could go on and on.

Youre the one who said you're proof that you can be miserable and have a relationship. I feel sorry for someone who finds it to be a "burden", "tiresome" or "misery" while in a relationship for a long period of time. Not how it should be, especially at freaking 17. Youre in the time of your doggone life. Enjoy it, rather then be burdened by "being miserable in a 3 year relationship."

I've hear a lot of people say that, but I feel happy with her, and isn't it what humans want?
I'm not tired of my girlfriend or anything like that, sure sometimes we fight, but we are young and believe me I do everything I can to don't enter in the relationship monotony.

And its not a myth you can be married AND happy for a lengthy period of time. Im married and happy. Im going to have a kid in 8 months. Whats for me to be displeased about?

A myth is people tending to say that a 17/18/19 year old guys are children because they don't know what life is.
I sincerely believe that we can be happy and married, I just said that sometimes it can make us feel tired if we end up falling in the the same thing day after day... Even you know that.

ANything and everything. Working with people to help understand their partner better. Working on communication. How to have a better sex life. Determining if the relationship is in the best interest of both. Working with both people on getting their needs met. Working through infidelity. I could go on and on.

So It can help, right? I just said that if he really loves her and she loves him, they could try to attend some of these therapies, you better than anybody here know that (since you are a psychologist).
But no, I am a stupid fucker to suggest that. :suspic:

I was with my girlfriend for three and a half years, and I didn't have to work at anything whatsoever. It was a natural fit. If you have to try to love someone, you don't love them.

Genuinely sorry to hear that man, keep your head up. I can empathize with how you must be feeling right now.

I was with my girlfriend for three and a half years, and I didn't have to work at anything whatsoever. It was a natural fit. If you have to try to love someone, you don't love them.

I don't think love or relationships work the same for everyone. It comes naturally to some couples while other couples do need to work to make things work out. While a good relationship came naturally to you and this girl, it might not work out as easily between you and your next girlfriend or her and her next boyfriend. Just because two people need to work at a relationship, though, doesn't mean it's not one worth having.

Sorry guys, this may b e worth throwing in the trash, but SHIT

Just broke up with my gf of 5 years, lived together for the last 2 and now my head is all over the fucking show

Sorry if people think I am talking shit, but just got in from the pub and clubs and my head is a bit fucked up, what am I gonna do, have I made the right decision etc

It hasnt been fun for the past yr or so, been arguing non stop but have been trying to make it wwork but we have all agreed that it is probably the best thing to do, but it is still hard

I dont know what I am tryiong to achieve making this thread.....maybe trying to get some sympathhy i dunno, but delete it if u want, but FUCK I am pissed right now :(

Luls, you broke up with her? Yeah, I don't see this lasting long, especially since you're already regretting it. I suspect that you'll be dipping your wick in her again as soon as you're drunk and feeling horny.

Us men need to take a page from the book of women: have the next one lined up before you fuck off. Don't cheat on your woman, but, if you want to bounce, have at least one prospect lined up.

Luls, you broke up with her? Yeah, I don't see this lasting long, especially since you're already regretting it. I suspect that you'll be dipping your wick in her again as soon as you're drunk and feeling horny.

Us men need to take a page from the book of women: have the next one lined up before you fuck off. Don't cheat on your woman, but, if you want to bounce, have at least one prospect lined up.

I don't think I am regretting it, more just wondering if I have done the right thing. But, the more I think about it, I reckon it is the right thing.

And I do already have a definite prospect lined up, we are supposed to be meeting up later this week, and I know there are 2 other girls who like me so I reckon I will be ok.

Me and my ex have spoken since I moved out and she seems to be dealing with it alot worse than I am (not eating, spending all day in bed in tears etc), while I have been fine since posting this drunken thread, alcohol can do that to you I guess when you are a bit down :(

Anyway, I am gonna get my head down at work this week, take my mind off things then meet up with this girl for a drink this week and hopefully start the moving on process

S'all good, and thanks to everyone for their advice, and the huge stream of rep I received for posting this thread lol

After a storm comes a calm!
Just sayin'!! Sometimes we know that we really love a person when we don't have her by our side...
I hope you are making a good decision Naitch!! Take care man, and threads like that are only good because you are respected around here :)

The calm BEFORE the storm.

Anyway, Naitch breakups suck and there will maybe be a time when you want to get back together with her, but stay strong. That's not what you want, dont forget that. Begin to move on slowly, get a few girls numbers now an when you're ready go on a few dates, it's the best thing to do, in my opinion. Anyway, good luck man.

I don't think I am regretting it, more just wondering if I have done the right thing. But, the more I think about it, I reckon it is the right thing.

And I do already have a definite prospect lined up, we are supposed to be meeting up later this week, and I know there are 2 other girls who like me so I reckon I will be ok.

Me and my ex have spoken since I moved out and she seems to be dealing with it alot worse than I am (not eating, spending all day in bed in tears etc), while I have been fine since posting this drunken thread, alcohol can do that to you I guess when you are a bit down :(

Anyway, I am gonna get my head down at work this week, take my mind off things then meet up with this girl for a drink this week and hopefully start the moving on process

S'all good, and thanks to everyone for their advice, and the huge stream of rep I received for posting this thread lol

All of this is good to hear.

I know you've got a website there but I'm still sure that's not right. I'm fairly confident it IS calm before a storm.

It is not the same thing, actually they are the opposite.
Calm before a storm, is something good BEFORE something bad.

After a storm comes a calm!
This is like the opposite meaning, after a bad thing, only good things happen.
Well I just translated a Portuguese proverb, that exists in English language.

Another way to say it I guess
After the storm comes the bonanza.
but I'm pretty sure that it is the 1st one I've posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back