My Gallery of Graphics

xAsianRejectx

Do I even lift?
So I decided to post some of my graphics I've made in photoshop. Warning: I'm not promising the most complex of graphics, most are actually really simple. I'm still learning the tricks of the trade. Feel free to comment, rate, critique as you wish. If you want to use one, go right ahead! But credit me please. Tips are very much welcomed.

Awesome.jpg

For this Miz graphic, I started out with a plain black background. I then looked for brushes that may look good to add on the background. I think I used paint splatter and abstract brushes. I then cut out a picture of the Miz holding all hos championchip belts and added him to the graphic. Then I applied a simple black stroke on the Miz. I made this because for some odd reason, I felt like making a Miz graphic. And the photo I found of him holding the titles was pretty awesome.

nas.jpg

This image includes one of my favorite rappers in the game: Nas. What I did was find a picture of him, add some brightness to it. Then I added a bright swirling particle streak, that seems th "wrap" him. Added some small absract brushes on the right corners, include a text of his name and easy does it! I made this out of boredom.

Poreoticscopy.jpg

You guys probably have no idea who these guys are, but they are a popular dance group who recently won America's Best Dance Crew. They go by the name "Poreotics," a mixture of popping, choreography, and robotics. They are highly entertaining and very fun to watch. I made this to honor their victory. Anyways, I just wanted to make it so it had a "scrapbook" feel to it. Scattering a few pictures of them doing their thing. Very unique group of young gentlemen.

RandyRKO.jpg

I'm really not too much into this one. I know it could be better, but I'm too lazy to make improvements. I really wanted to make an image of Randy, in his pose, holding the letters, "RKO." Not much difficulty in putting this together. I used two pictures of Randy doing his finisher as the background and went on from there.

BuffyTwilight.jpg

Obviously, I wasn't being real serious with this one. I just did it for the lulz. I took a simple picture of buffy with a blade, applied it to the Twilight picture. Added a layer mask to Buffy to erase unecessary parts of her bady and to make it seem she is lurking behind them. I really like how Buffy is glaring behind Edward.

StillRealToHim.jpg

Still an epic moment till' this day. Again, not serious. Made it out of boredom. Just applied some text to it and added some text effects. Simplicity at its best.

Paramore.jpg

I made this for a project I think. All I did was apply some brightness/contrast and a name banner thingy. I actually didn't want to do too much for this one. I like it just the way it is.

Whew, I may post some more later on.

First off, the positives: You have an eye for design, and I love your text effects. The Paramore one is really well-done and good-looking.

The negatives would be, in this one in particular:

RandyRKO.jpg

You never, never want to squish images like that. I'm sure you already know to hold Shift while dragging the diagonal handle, then releasing the mouse button and then shift, but still. Squishing is always bad. It looks ugly.

In your current Penn sig, the red brush strokes were definitely not needed, and I think it would have looked much better without.

The dance crew one would have looked better if their logo was centered.

Other than that, everything's just fine. Kind of rough-looking, and some improvement is needed, but that's what practice is for. You already have borders which is great, though on your Paramore one I don't think you dragged the border high enough. It's a good start. Keep it up.

First off, the positives: You have an eye for design, and I love your text effects. The Paramore one is really well-done and good-looking.

The negatives would be, in this one in particular:

RandyRKO.jpg

You never, never want to squish images like that. I'm sure you already know to hold Shift while dragging the diagonal handle, then releasing the mouse button and then shift, but still. Squishing is always bad. It looks ugly.

In your current Penn sig, the red brush strokes were definitely not needed, and I think it would have looked much better without.

The dance crew one would have looked better if their logo was centered.

Other than that, everything's just fine. Kind of rough-looking, and some improvement is needed, but that's what practice is for. You already have borders which is great, though on your Paramore one I don't think you dragged the border high enough. It's a good start. Keep it up.

Just so you know, I think that the red brush strokes in the BJ Penn one that you are sporting looks pretty good. I think that splashes of colour in a signature that is pretty bland draws attention to the sig and I think that the BJ Penn one is a great example of that. The red really stands out and brings attention to the Penn figure at the top right. That is the great thing about graphics though, so much discussion over what looks good and not.

I also think that the ABDC sig is pretty good too. I disagree that it would have looked better in the middle too. Personally, I don't like things that are super-symmetrical or placed to perfection. I think it adds a little character to the sig and I think it works just fine as it is.

You are doing well for just starting and you should really keep it up. Try not to use so many strong colours in the same sig. You should look up some colour psychology and find out which colours should not be mixed together. I did that for my college graphic design module and it has helped me a lot.

Right right, Dave, to each their own. I believe that the brush strokes would have been better if they were maybe more subtle. Or perhaps cleaner? The brush strokes just look messy to me, and that throws off the flow of the sig, which is all cleancut and boxy. It's just my opinion.

And as for the ABCD one, I believe that the Poreotics logo needs to be moved somehow. Perhaps up a little. It just doesn't look right to me. The rest of the sig is very nice though.

I haven't had the itch to photoshop something in awhile, but a sudden burst of motivation just hit me. Anyways, I was looking up some tutorials and decided to follow this simple one that I very much enjoyed making.

Maryse.jpg

Using the every flawless Maryse, I followed the tutorial and this was my final outcome. I have to say, I absolutely love it. My finest sig. I didn't feel like adding some super-awesome text effect. The simplicity of it adds a nice touch to the sig in my opinion and sometimes simple is mor effective than complex. I'm not to sure about the colored squares though, I feel like it didn't need to be added. But I kept it there to fill some empty space and it still looks good to me.

Not bad! I think I know which tutorial you followed ;)
The colors work perfectly for Maryse. The whole thing is pretty well put together. There's only one small problem.

If I've said it once, I've said it a hundred time. In fact, I think I've said it in this very thread. You never ever want to squish images. Ever. It looks like your image of Maryse is squished vertically. To constrain proportions when resizing, hold the SHIFT key when dragging the corner handle, and then release the mouse key before the SHIFT key. This keeps things in proportion.

Other than that it's a great sig. Fantastic work :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back