• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My Actual Favourite TV Shows

Барбоса

doesn't know REAL wrestling...
Normally when asked my favourite show I will mention comedies like Scrubs, Blackadder, Boston Legal, Monty Python, Father Ted, Family Guy or Peep Show, popular shows such as Battlestar Galactica, 24 or House or critically acclaimed shows like Deadwood. However, while I love and own all of these, deep down I know that none of them are in my top two favourite shows.

Both these shows were made over forty years ago, back when my parents were children and were made for them... My mum introduced me to them when I was about four as they had made something of a comeback in the early-mid 80s. I suppose that this is something of a confession as I should really have grown out of it by now but I just cannot help going back every few months and going through all 64 episodes and two feature films. The opening sequences of both still rank in the greatest of all time. The theme music of both is magnificent. The techniques used in their making was revolutionary at the time and still looks pretty impressive now. Many of the technicians who masterminded the effects went on to work on some of the biggest movies.

My two favourite shows are Gerry Anderson's masterpieces, Captain Scarlet and Thunderbirds.

Anyone else got any hidden favourites from TV land?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back