Mustang Sally

A moment of vulnerability for me...

I remember when word spread that CM passed away. Since I barely knew him, his passing didn't affect me much. But I was scratching my head when I saw the outcry of love on the forums because I could never understand how someone that most of the members here never met could have made such an impact. I wondered if it made me a bad person since I couldn't understand how anyone could be emotionally affected by the passing of someone they had never met. Did that make me a bad person? I really couldn't tell. Now I completely understand.

When I was a regular here, Sally was, hands-down, my favorite person to talk to. She was so sweet, kind, understanding, insightful, intelligent, and the list goes on. And when I began distancing myself from the forums, she was the only one who went the extra mile and emailed me to tell me she missed me being around and to make sure I was doing OK.

More to my original point, I wondered why she could care so much, considering that she had never met me in person or even heard the sound of my voice. She made me realize that now.

She was truly a special person. I'll honestly miss our interactions and will always know that she made an impact on me. RIP Sally

I'm speechless... Sally was an awesome person and friend. While we never met in person, she was always there to chat and listen. As anyone that knew her could tell you, she went through a lot of difficult things in her life, but not once did she complain or look for sympathy. She always looked on the bright side of life. And it's so awful that someone like her had to be taken so young.

I'm going to miss the hell out of her. I'm going to miss our conversations, and her posts, and the upbeat attitude that never left her. RIP, Sally.

This is terrible news to hear. I hadn't heard much of Sally recently, and had gotten to wondering what was up with her. She was above and beyond my favorite poster on these boards, and it might be cliched to say this, but it really won't be the same place without her.

My heartfelt condolences to her family. Sally was by far the best of us.

I cannot remember the last time that I was so incredibly and deeply saddened by the passing of someone who I had never met in real life and almost certainly never would have. Mustang Sally was truly one of my very favorite posters on these forums in the 9+ years that I have been posting on here. Apart from her incredible love and passion for the wrestling business, and her ability to discuss it intelligently and logically, she was truly knowledgeable on a host of other topics and could discuss them all in a manner that was always a pleasure to read. I had no idea that she was having health issues, but I had noticed her conspicuous absence from the forums over the last couple of months, and I was going to post a thread wondering where she was. You couldn't help but miss her posts on here as they were always top notch.

My deepest condolences to her husband and to all of her other family and friends. I'm sure she will never be forgotten here on our forums.

Fuck.

Fucking hell. Fuck. Fuck this. I thought this was a birthday thread when I saw this. Gutted.

Sally was the best we had, man. Her personality, her intelligent posts, she was just a delight to have around and made this place better just being around.

She and I would go back and forth in PMs from time to time and she always would rep me, even during that period when I popped up rarely. I don't know why she did sometimes, she never really said much outside of a few smilies but it was always something small that brightened my day.

The longest conversation we had over PM was one about the sig of her photoshopped into the picture of Drew McIntyre. I think she originally wanted opinions on it and I remember being thoroughly impressed by how clean it was and how it all looked so legit. She had fun with the sharpen filter and it gave it a really fun, interesting look and it was just so bright and funny and that's something I'll never forget about her.

That was a tangent. I wish I was closer to her. It's going to be tough not seeing her around.

This hurts. This hurts a lot. I wish I had more words right now. Fuck.

I can't say I knew her as well as others here did but I really enjoyed seeing her posts. She was knowledgeable and always came across as a genuine kind-hearted person. My condolences to her spouse, her family, and all her friends. May she live on forever in the memories of all who knew her.

Fucking hell. One of the kindest and by far one of the best posters on the website; she will be sorely missed, and I extend my deepest condolences to her friends and family.

I may have had more interaction with Sally than many, especially newer, posters; and I never had anything but the highest level of respect and admiration for how she approached being a poster here. She was shockingly genuine, honest, and kind. I was a big fan of hers, and she always made it a point that I knew she returned the sentiment.

Its hard for me to imagine existing on this board with no presence from Sally. I lost my father to Brain Cancer so I know the effect of being close to a big hearted person fighting the horrors of that disease. Knowing the effect and impression that Sally left here with posters on a wrestling board that mainly just discussed this sport we love with her and never met her, I can't even imagine how difficult it must be for the people who were her family and loved ones to lose her from their physical lives.

My highest condolences to Sally's loved ones. To say she'll be missed undersells the impact.

She was so fucking cool. One of the few who spread rep at a constant basis and always had something interesting to say about a subject. Even though we did not talk often and I didn't know her outside of here, she seemed genuinely kind. My heart goes out to her husband and her family. She is sorely missed already.

Say it ain't so? Sally was definitely my favorite poster on here. We interacted a few times through PM's and it was like she knew me forever as we could talk about many things, mostly How I Met Your Mother. But man, this is a huge loss to the forums and the world. The world would be a better place with more Mustang Sallys. Prayers go out to her friends and family. Rest easy, my friend.

I think I talked to her once or twice but when I did, she was really nice. I enjoyed reading her posts. She will be missed greatly. I really hope her spouse sees this thread and sees that she was a bright star on the forums. She will be missed dearly. RIP Mustang Sally.

Sally often made me laugh because she would respond nicely and genuinely even when someone's post was riddled with sarcasm or just really, really stupid.

She was by far the nicest person on this forum and was very easy to talk to.

RIP

This is a lot to have to take in.

Wasn't she far and away voted as the nicest person on here during the yearly WrestleZone awards?

Things get heated in these forums, she had a way of bridging the gap between any two people just by talking things out. It just felt good to get her inputs and she was always really good about talking you up if she thought you made an especially insightful post.

We get silly, we get weird, we troll each other. This is one of those moments where we have to stop and be serious.

I'm thankful for getting to experience at least a little bit of her wonderful personality, my heart goes out to her husband who was truly married to an angel.

Although I never had a conversation with Sally, I can easily say that she is one of the reasons why I have come back to this forums after a few lengthy exits. Even through all my shocking grammar and explanations, she still somehow understood what I was saying, and for some reason always agree as she is probably the reason for 99% of my rep. Genuinely probably one of the nicest people I have ever seen and it does pull a bit of a string.

Because she had not been posting for a while, I messaged her asking if everything was alright maybe about 2 months ago and I hope to see her post again one day. I actually checking her profile over the weekend to see if she had been active and when I realized she had then I was kind of confused to why she wasn't posting. Sad news, but she was a legend in my eyes and the best way to honour someone is think about the good not the bad.

RIP Sally.

I'd make some lengthy post but everyone has already said what needed to be said and I already said my piece in the "other" thread. But I'll reiterate that she was just a lovely, nice, and highly intelligent, well spoken person who I counted amongst my friends on this forum. When she repped me (as I and others close to her on here can attest she did often if she liked you) it was a treat, her praise meant more to me than 99℅ of this forum. Its never easy seeing someone die so young and tragically, but just from barely knowing her on here I'm confident she touched many lives and will never be forgotten by those who knew her.

Rest in peace Sally. We'll all miss you

Her worst posts would often be equal to some of the better people here's better ones. She was the first "big" poster that ever repped me and the feeling of being approved by Sally was the greatest thing in the world at that time.

We've lost one of our greatest ever members and an irreplaceable human being. RIP.

Stunned.

As someone said earlier, Sally was the epitome of a universally loved and respected member of our little community here. Her passion and love for pro wrestling was evident in a large majority of her posts and her kindness and good nature goes without saying.

Here's hoping Roddy is on the pipes while Dusty greets her at whatever shimmering gates she will most surely pass through on her way to eternal peace and happiness. R.I.P.

I've dreaded this day since the I first found out the news. Each day I logged onto the forums I would hope that today wasn't the day, even though it seemed inevitable. I can't say much that others haven't already said. I'll miss the smiley faces in my rep, the playful comments back and forth, and just Sally's presence on the forums. She made this place better.

Sally was always one of the first people to welcome me back and I always enjoyed exchanging rep comments with her. I'd always stop to read her opinions and enjoyed her presence around here. These forums will not be the same without her, and although I didn't know her outside the forums and I can definitely say that we lost a truly great human. RIP.

I took a short break from the forums 2 or 3 years ago, and Sally was quick to rep me and welcome me back in my first set of posts. Trading reps and rep comments with her on here was something I always enjoyed, and sometimes she would use rep to send her well wishes, or a good joke.

She had a great sense of humor, and she was a genuinely kindhearted and sweet person, who always contributed to the forums with intelligent and insightful posts. Sally always brought a positive spark to this place, and she will be missed.

Rest in peace, Sally.

Oh man this sucks hard. I loved Sally. We had so many discussions about a lot of things. Especially in the Sports Arena. As has been said, she was one of the nicest people on the forums and she was definitely a joy to speak to. She'd always rep me and I often shared her opinions on several topics. I'm sure, as awesome as she was here, she was even more so in life. My prayers go out to her husband, who she spoke fondly of all the time, and her family and friends.

We'll miss you Sally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back