• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Music downloads...

Ty Burna

Getting Noticed By Management
I have run out of hip hop albums to download, I seriously cannot think/find any others I want to download...

So I need suggestions, albums outside of rap/hip hop are greatly appreciated as I need to expand my collection more. I'm looking specifically for more along the lines of trip hop, techno, trippy shit, hardcore, metal, etc. And of course if you have a hip hop album to suggest, I'm all for it.

Kevin Rudolf - In this City
AC\DC - Black Ice
Kings Of Leon - Only by the Night
Coldplay - Viva La Vida
Flo Rida - Mail On Sunday
Fall Out Boy - Infinity on High/ Folie a deux

Any of those are good.

Kevin Rudolf - In this City
AC\DC - Black Ice
Kings Of Leon - Only by the Night
Coldplay - Viva La Vida
Flo Rida - Mail On Sunday
Fall Out Boy - Infinity on High/ Folie a deux

Any of those are good.

1. Never heard of Kevin Rudolf, what's he like?
2. AC/DC I have a copy of Black Ice from my bro
3. Kings of Leon, see: Kevin Rudolf
4. Not a fan of Coldplay
5. Got this one already
6. Cannot stand Fall Out Boy

I can't believe you have never heard of Kings Of Leon. Unbelievable, they won a few grammy's ;last year. Kevin Rudolf is electronic sorta stuff. Listen to "Let It Rock" first though. It is amazing. Kings of Leon are worth a download anyways. Listen to "Sex on Fire", "Revelry" and "Use Somebody".

His new song - Welcome To The World is really good too.

I can't believe you have never heard of Kings Of Leon. Unbelievable, they won a few grammy's ;last year. Kevin Rudolf is electronic sorta stuff. Listen to "Let It Rock" first though. It is amazing. Kings of Leon are worth a download anyways. Listen to "Sex on Fire", "Revelry" and "Use Somebody".

I see, well let me explain something, I guess I should have put this out there right away. I"m not exactly a mainstream music enthusiast to say the least. A lot of my music is more underground stuff, hip hop wise you know, they're mainstream names but they put out quality music. Rappers like Lil Wayne and Soulja boy garner no interest from me what so ever.

But like I said, I need to expand my collection, so I'll check Kings of Leon and Kevin Rudolf out.

I know this is quite a foofie choice but you should definately download. "It's not me, it's you" by Lily Allen too. I heard it on my sister's computer and loved it. Others are

"Liberation Transmission" by the LostProphets
"Dark Horse" by NIckelback
"Cheer Up" by Reel Big Fish. Very different stuff.
"Final Straw" by Snow Patrol
"Puzzle" by Biffy Clyro
"Star In The Hood" by Tinchy Stryder
"Which Bitch" by the View
"The Seldom Seen Kid" by Elbow. They won the Mercury Music Prize

to name a few...

I'm looking specifically for more along the lines of trip hop, techno, trippy shit, hardcore, metal, etc. And of course if you have a hip hop album to suggest, I'm all for it.

For trip hop -- "Blue Lines" by Massive Attack (the quintessential trip-hop album)

Techno -- I'd recommend either "Better Living Through Chemistry" by Fatboy Slim (or really any Fatboy Slim), or "Exit Planet Dust" by the Chemical Brothers. Or "Fat of the Land" by The Prodigy.

Trippy shit -- Not sure what you're looking for. Like psychedelic rock? Get a copy of "Surrealistic Pillow" by Jefferson Airplane or "Da Capo" by Love.

Hardcore -- Hardcore as in hardcore punk, or new school screamo/hardcore? For hardcore punk "Damaged" by Black Flag, new school screamo/hardcore "Odd How People Shake" by Fear Before the March of Flames.

Metal -- For metal, can't go wrong with "Reign in Blood" by Slayer.

Uhh... Slipknot all albums. My pick. Also xfear's advise on Slayer is perfect. Amazing band.

For trip hop -- "Blue Lines" by Massive Attack (the quintessential trip-hop album)

Techno -- I'd recommend either "Better Living Through Chemistry" by Fatboy Slim (or really any Fatboy Slim), or "Exit Planet Dust" by the Chemical Brothers. Or "Fat of the Land" by The Prodigy.

Trippy shit -- Not sure what you're looking for. Like psychedelic rock? Get a copy of "Surrealist Pillow" by Jefferson Airplane or "Da Capo" by Love.

Hardcore -- Hardcore as in hardcore punk, or new school screamo/hardcore? For hardcore punk "Damaged" by Black Flag, new school screamo/hardcore "Odd How People Shake" by Fear Before the March of Flames.

Metal -- For metal, can't go wrong with "Reign in Blood" by Slayer.

Trip Hop wise I have pretty much all Massive Attack, Portishead, and Sneaker Pimps Albums

Techno I got Infected Mushroom, a good amount of Prodigy, I'll check out The Chemical Brothers.

Hardcore as in the new age hardcore, and in this category I have a very good idea who to check out, I was just seeing if there were any new bands that have come out I haven't heard of.

Thank you for the suggestions though.

Absolution by Muse
Siamese Dream by Smashing Pumpkins
Ok Computer by Radiohead
The Bends by Radiohead
Elephant by The White Stripes
Weezer by Weezer
Through the Window Pane by The Guillemots
Grace by Jeff Buckley
Daydream Nation by Sonic Youth
The Downward Spiral by Nine Inch Nails- Especially recommended, I think you'd really like it.

Pretty much the most loved alternate albums of the 90's/early 00's right there.
Oh and, I strongly recommend you don't download Nickelback's albums despite what squaredcircle suggests :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back