Muhammad Hassan

The Chosen One of WZ

Even TNA cant ruin ECW for me
What are your person thoughts/feelings on Muhammad Hassan?

He was one of the most conteversal wrestlers of all time but in case you didnt notice had some of the best ring work and mic work in the busness.

He wrestled in WWE from 2004-2005 and was released after a "terriost type" promo that occured right after the London Train bombings due to Smackdowns tape delay and UPN pressure WWE to keep Hassan off their network.

I Already stated my opinion now whats yours?

i was a fan of Hassan. not because of the gimmick, though it worked. i thought he was good in the ring. he had the mic skills. i think he could have been a world champ at some point in his career. the whole "terrorist" thing hurt his push and he was released.

wouldnt mind seeing him come back soon though.

I would love to see Hussan back in the WWE. There has been a lack of a politically driven heel in recent years. One of my favorite types of heels were the ones that bashed America and had political agendas and fused them in with their promos and such. I think Muhammad Hassan was one of the last of this dying breed of characters. I agree he could have been a top heel for many, many years with the skill set he had. Great on the mic, above average in the ring and the man was an absolute heat magnet. He was as over as any heel in the last ten years. The testament that we're still talking about him despite his short run on television is case and point enough that he did in fact make an impact in WWE. Not may wrestlers come in and that short of a run and are still talked about years later. I don't think the Muhammad Hassan character would be as great as it was, right now in the WWE. It would be watered down to avoid intense controversy like he caused last time. I would love to see him back, but not a watered down version of the gimmick.

The gimmick was controversial right from the get go. And they had to tread very softly with it. They were doing ok for a while. I thought he was really entertaining and he started going around calling everyone losers which me and my buddy would get a kick out off. I remember the Rumble of 2005, he came when there were 6 or 7 guys fighting they all stopped when he came to the ring. He got in there and did this arrogant pose with his arms in the air and as a collective group they all got together and threw him out like they were one big giant hand. It was hilarious.

The thing about Hassan was that he was a slated as a man who was born in the United States with Afghanistan heritage. He didn't hate America he hated the way people of his background were treated after 9 11. I felt that if he stook around long enough and somehow became a face it would have been an excellent angle to have American-Afghan hero which would be a good thing that society could look at. The last time he appeared on WWE TV when the guys came out with masks was stupid and was a bad decision by the WWE regardless of what eles happened on that day. It was unnecessary and they just went too far. It was a shame to see a young talented guy like Hassan go.

Muhammad Hassan was hands down the best heel in the WWE, he could cut a promo like the Iron Shelk and the Hot Rod mixed together. Even his entrance music had people booing before they even saw him. I truly like him as a heel because at the time when the top heel was Triple H i thought he could have won a world title or a mid-card title. I just loved the royal rumble he was in and RAW and Smackdown had the gang warfare style fighting going on until he came in and everybody elimated him. The only time I ever saw a problem was when on smackdown he choked out the Undertaker with a wire and all these guys attacked him and carried his manager out like a sacifice and it was just creepy and I belive it was the only other time I saw Japanese heat to a wrestler and I remember watching it thinking wow that is going to piss a lot of the people.

The guy is undefinitely underrated. He was able to captivate my attention in a way that few superstars have. When he came on tv, I'd stop what I was doing to see what he had to say or do. I was always wondering who the hell was going to finally beat him. Batista was really close but got DQ'd. I believe Cena was the first to technically beat him?

I've wanted him to come back for years. He would have been a multiple time world champion by now.

agreed with above, Hassan was a definite loss to wrestling as a whole. Guy could cut promos and wrestle pretty well. seriously, i rather have him than Del Rio as world champ any day!

If he was still around, he definitely be up there with Cena no question about it. Real shame how the E was really to blame for the gimmick, and his depature from wrestling as a whole,

Muhammad Hassan was the Indian version of Rocky Mavia, but Hassan was away better wrestler. He didn't get released, he had to quit but not only because of the train bombing but mostly because our country was at War and he was playing a Arab and stupid fans were threatening his life. But he also stated he wanted to get into the movie business his true passion. I felt bad for the guy cause he was a great talent, but its funny how fans threaten to kill him but loved his manager/wrestler Jahvari and the Great Kahli and his manager Singh. But thats the hypocrisy of most american wrestling fans. And no I'm not Indian or Arab, but I be a bigger hypocrite if I don't state the truth.

One of my most favorite heels in the post attitude era. The guy was golden above average in the ring and solid in on the mic. I wonder how much he would have developed if he didnt get let go.

All the fans hated his character but he spoke the truth so prolifically. Not to mention Divari going crazy in Arabic is always a plus.

Hassan was really good, could have been a bigger star in my opinion...but in this politically correct era you cant have any ethnic characters. a character can have some ethnicity like del rios does...but put him in a sombrero or matador outfit like wwe did with tito santana and people will cry racism in todays world. everyone loves to throw around the word "racist" whether its correct or not. neither muslim nor mexican is a race but thats a different topic. if this was the 80's Hassan would have been fine with characters like Colonel DeBeers, Iron Sheik, Kamala and even (the traitor) Sgt Sluaghter running around.

The only thing I can add here that hasn't already been said, is that I think his character was just poorly timed. It was controversial and definitely offensive to most, but I think that that leads to good TV; great heels genuinely bother you. If his character were to come around nowadays, since more time has passed between 9/11 and the London attacks, I think that it would work out alright. Muhammad Hassan is just an example of wasted potential, due to the fact that his character was poorly timed.

Muhammad Hassan was awesome. He played his character down to a tee, and in the end the way he left was rather poor on both his and WWE's perspective. He had great in-ring ability, I remember his match with HBK. He was a raw talented wrestler, but the London Bombings and the segment where men carried The Undertaker from the arena on SD was too much for the Network. Something I also see as being stupid, people were tuning in to watch Hassan. He became a monster heel very quickly.

Mark Copani actually worked for the Screen Actors Guild of America for a little bit, he still might. From what I know his last wrestling related appearence was 2008 at a convention.

Would be great to see him back. I find it funny how Davairi never really took off, he did okay in TNA but he never really had "it".

Hassan was a very good performer with a solid presence that I think was ready to take the responsibility of being the top heel. He garnered legit heat, had solid matches with top talent and a manager to compliment the heel work in matches.

The gimmick was a blessing and very much a curse for him. Vince got his Iron Sheik style heat for a guy who played the outsider heel to perfection taking advantage of the already tense socio-political landscape.

But that sort of heat has a life cycle, and they could only go so far with the idea. I think they may have rushed a bit of it, and around the time he feuded with Taker took it too far. By that point they had painted themselves into a wall, and eliminating the character was the only recourse.

A sad waste of a great talent. On the other hand I could only imagine what it would have like if they'd paired him with the Great Khali. Hmm... actually with Hassan as the performer and Khali as a bodyguard I could almost stomach watching him in TV.

Oh well...

Hassan was a great character, like someone said earlier he could get heat like no one else. The thing is that the character worked too well for its own good. Its almost like when Sgt Slaughter turned Iraqi sympathizer, i remember reading that they had to have extra security in case someone would try to kill Slaughter. After what happened in London with the train bombings, it was not impossible to imagine the same situation happening again and i guess WWE said well we have no choice but to release him and thats sad.

Muhammad Hassan was one of the, if not the, best heels this Company has ever seen in a long time.

The Man could attract so much Heat just by his gimmick, he had the look, he could wrestle, and he was amazing on the mic. He probably would've been World Champion if Creative didn't go overboard with his character and got him the boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back