Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss

Night Elf Mohawk
Fans rate wrestling quality on many different factors, none quiet as controversial as moves or moveset.

My question is How important are the amount of moves and diversity of moveset to you?

I think in this day and age "moves" are a little over rated. Don't get me wrong, I love Indy and Puro as much as the next guy in their mom's basement, but it's possible to have a great match with very little moves; ask the 80's.

In more mainstream wrestling moveset is just an extension for a character/gimmick anyway, which is why wrestlers movesets like Hogan and Cena are basic and Japanese wrestlers are usually crazy. One is John Wayne the other is Bruce Lee, but that's a thread for another day.

So I believe if a match has solid ring work and a hot crowd the match will be good despite the amount of moves. That being said however, exciting moves can save a match that would otherwise be a total failure.

So how important are moves to you?

There are much more important factors in deciding the quality of a match or a wrestler than the variety of moves. Take, for example, story telling. This is perhaps the biggest criterion in judging the quality of a wrestler. If you can't tell a story than you'll not enjoy very much success. Every major wrestler has been able to tell a compelling story, and if you can't, than your chances of success diminish greatly.

So, moves, or the amount of moves, should not be high in determining the quality of a wrestler.

There is a good point to both. The wrestler has to be able to tell a great story but I think some wrestlers would do better with better move like Mark Henry. The Worlds Strongest slam give me a break yes he is strong but give him a better move. Personally I think if he either had a powerbomb (yes it is used alot but always seems to work). the torture rack or both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back