Most Worthless Belt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
Of all time. Years ago titles mean something. But wrestling today is like boxing. There are so many titles knocking about that none of there are as credible as they used to be. But there has to be some that really served no purpose at all. I'm not on about the Million $ Belt. Because I'm convinced that that belt was supposed to be worthless. But belts like the Pure title and European title didn't seve much of a purpose.

The Pure title was based on pure wrestling. But if that is so, then what was the point of the main title in ROH?

And the European title was only important for one night in England in 1997.

I'd have to say The Light-Heavyweight title from WWE back in the "Attitude Era". That belt had less credit than the Cruiserweight title does now. The titles biggest draw was Gillberg. If any titles biggest draw is Gillberg, you know it's bad. Thank God, WWE took it out.

The problem is that the current CW belt is almost as bad as the Light-Heavyweight title.

I was going to go down the road of Light-Heavyweight, but I chose not to because: 1) Agrex already did, and 2) it DID launch the career of Christian.

I will say late-era WWE Hardcore. When guys like RVD, The Undertaker, Mick Foley held it, it was a legit belt. But when Crash Holly started up with the 24/7 rule, it went from "interesting concept" to "traveling comedy act." All of a sudden, the belt was an ambush waiting to happen, and never was defended in matches. It was a belt used at a 15-minute invitational in a match that saw it change hands some 10 times. The term "7-time Hardcore Champion" means absolutely crap.

To me it was the WCW Championship when it was worn before WCW went out of business, everyone owned that belt and it was being pased down like a two dollar hoe on a good day man, nearly everyone who wouldnt job held that belt with two guys i most despised including russo and arquette man that sucked soo much

I will say late-era WWE Hardcore. When guys like RVD, The Undertaker, Mick Foley held it, it was a legit belt. But when Crash Holly started up with the 24/7 rule, it went from "interesting concept" to "traveling comedy act." All of a sudden, the belt was an ambush waiting to happen, and never was defended in matches. It was a belt used at a 15-minute invitational in a match that saw it change hands some 10 times. The term "7-time Hardcore Champion" means absolutely crap.

I agree, The Hardcore title in WWE was worthless beyond belief.

I never saw the point in introducing the WCW Cruiserweight Tag titles near the end, Made for some good matches but kind of watered down the wrestlers themselves value.

My votes for the most worthless titles would be...The WWF Hardcore belt, WWF Light heavyweight belt and at one point the Womens title kept getting tossed around to any one including steph mcmahon and some gay guy.

I agree, The Hardcore title in WWE was worthless beyond belief.

I never saw the point in introducing the WCW Cruiserweight Tag titles near the end, Made for some good matches but kind of watered down the wrestlers themselves value.

My votes for the most worthless titles would be...The WWF Hardcore belt, WWF Light heavyweight belt and at one point the Womens title kept getting tossed around to any one including steph mcmahon and some gay guy.

WOW I totally forgot about WCW's Cruiserweight Tag Titles! Great point about watering down the division a bit. I guess in hindsight, with Nitro at 3 hours, it was a way to showcase both Cruiserweight AND Tag Team Wrestling, but I didn't feel they needed that more than they'd already done.

The Crusierweight Tag Titles. I forgot about that one too! Most tag teams are crusierweights anyway, so this was just plain redundant. But still, some good matches came from this little expieriment.

The main problem i had with the cruiserweight tag titles was that it kind of just said that these are a bunch of guys that arent worthy enough of the normal tag titles, so we have a special charity case tag title for you guys.

Although the only bonus as mentioned by everyone is that it did produce some good matches. In fact i may add to my media thread with some matches from the tournement if i can find them.....keep an eye out....maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back