Most Underutilized TNA Talent

Status
Not open for further replies.

gd

Plump, Juicy User
It's no secret that TNA has a lot of guys that don't get enought TV time. It is clear that 2 hours is not enough and they definetly need another show, even if it is only an hour. There are a ton of TNA wrestlers who only get minimal TV time or don't even get any TV time at all. Who do you think are the most underutilzed TNA wrestlers?

My top 3:

Amazing Red - Seeing him in the Steel Asylum match on Sunday really highlighted what he was capable of. He may be a small guy, but he is exciting and way over with the crowd. The last time he wrestled a match on Impact it was nothing more than a squash match against Nash where Red was seen as a big joke, he deserves better.

Motor City Machineguns - The finally returned on Impact in the big brawl a few weeks ago, but they haven't wrestled a tag team match in forever. They aren't great wrestlers, but they can be exciting and give us some fast paced matches with some good spots. For how talented they are, it is a travesty that they've never won the tag titles. I prefer them over Beer Money any day.

Alissa Flash - A few weeks ago Raisha Saeed stepped out of whatever the hell she was wearing and became TNA's newest Knockout, Alissa Flash. Despite the fact that she's gotten great heat and has showed well above average skill in the ring, we haven't seen much from her apart from a few stray matches. I want to see her in a feud with Sarita ASAP.

It's definitely Rhino. He's a former TNA heavyweight champ and was leader of the Frontline but now he's been reduced to a trainer for jobber, Jesse Neale. I understand that TNA's midcard-main event is stacked but they seriously need to put Rhino in a better role. Rhino is still young, he's experienced, and still has so much to offer. I want Rhino back in the world title picture or at least in the Legendz division any chance that TNA gets.

Reactions: gd
I agree with the above poster. Rhino by far. His position on the card is silly. One week he is sub-mid card, jobbing out. The next he is main eventing a PPV. The week after, lower mid card again.

It really is a shame because he's very talented, and has shown he can be more than just a "thug". Also considering that the roster is, on average, consisting of smaller men than in WWE, Rhino's style works so much better. A prolonged Rhino/Styles program would be amazing.

Rhino is definitely not used properly. Another guy who never gets to work to his full potential is definitely AJ Styles. He is a former TNA champion, who now jobs to Kevin Nash and carries the legends title. He has the ability to electrify and audience Night in and night out, and in my opinion is one of the most exciting wrestlers in TNA today.

Personally, I think Rhino is on my List of Worst wrestlers ever. I mean he's awful in the ring, he hasn't cut a decent promo in his career, and he has zero charisma.

If I was TNA, I'd cut the dead weight and move on.

As for this thread, I'd personally like to see more of the Guns. They're both excellent on the mic and remind me a lot of Edge and Christian back during the 7 second pose days.

Also, any more TV time that Daffney could gain would be much appreciated.

It's real simple who the most underutilized is in TNA right now...the entire X-division. Back when they were being used, their matches were downright exciting to watch and you never knew where the next move would come from. So what happened? One thing's for sure. A big part of TNA's success over the last 7 years had to do with the X-division. I hope management realizes that and gives the division more air time.

Personally, I think Rhino is on my List of Worst wrestlers ever. I mean he's awful in the ring, he hasn't cut a decent promo in his career, and he has zero charisma.

If I was TNA, I'd cut the dead weight and move on.

As for this thread, I'd personally like to see more of the Guns. They're both excellent on the mic and remind me a lot of Edge and Christian back during the 7 second pose days.

Also, any more TV time that Daffney could gain would be much appreciated.

I disagree completely, and think that Rhino is actually a great worker with tons of intensity. He's definitely not a top promo guy, but almost nobody is in TNA anyway.

That being said, I would gladly take Rhino out behind the shed and club the guy to death if the result was having more Daffney on the screen.

Rhino is definetly someone I forgot to mention. He's not my favorite of all time, but he was in a title match just a few months ago and was the leader of the Frontline for a period of time.. He should at least be on TV occasionally instead of wasting his time with Neal. I was so pumped when Rhino gored him and it actually made me feel like he may be worth something to TNA, especially after his backstage promo, which was very good. At the very least he should be jobbing to Kevin Nash.

Well GD got 2 of my 3 choices right out of the block, but I'll still mention why I think they are underutilised, aswell as another choice.

Amazing Red:
I love Red, I'll make no secret about it. I haven't seen the steel asylum yet, but it seems to be getting a lot of good publicity, and plus he and the guns among other great wrestlers are in it. It might be a spot fest, but it will be fun.

The thing I think that really shows how good Red is in the ring, is how he is able to get so over with the crowd without ever even saying a word. It's a tribute to his abilities. Abilities I love. But Red has become the main event mafia's personal jobber. First Joe, then nash. The crowd loves him, so when he's squashed, instant heat is gained. Easy. And he's the best seller of high impact moves I've ever seen. The way he sold the Jackknife was incredible. It looked devestating.

The Motor City Machine Guns: As single wrestlers, they're awesome. But as a tag team, they're the best in the ring. Better than LAX, AMW and Beer Money. Their chemistry is insane. Their double team moves are the best in the business. Look at the double kick move, the double clothesline, the powerbomb/sliced bread combo and more. They seem to move in tandem. They always have the same idea, as if they share the same brain.

I don't care if TNA uses them as singles or tag team wrestlers, just use them. Their match against each other at genesis 2009 was great, just showing how good they are.

Jay Lethal: I absolutely mark the fuck out whenever I see the black machismo. He cuts some of the funniest and randomest promos that never fail to entertain. They're just as good as Beer Money's a lot of the time. Like when he called Abyss Andre.

But he's great in the ring aswell. One of the best X division wrestlers there is. Any match he wrestles in is great. his tag team with Creed could also be put as underutillised, but I just feel Lethal is the better of the two and I only wanted to put down one team.

The thing that strikes me about my picks is that they're all X Division wrestlers. Just goes to show how bad the X division is being pushed right now.

All the wrestlers everyone has mentioned are good choices. I believe a lot of the X Division is being underutilized. The good thing is though, with the new Spike TV deal TNA will have more programs to utilize this talent. One person I think is a little underutilized is Abyss. Personally I would love to see Abyss turn heel and have a program with Foley. Those two could have some epic matches.

I think the Dr. Stevie program has run its course. I just don't think Abyss is as vicious as he used to be. Especially with him clapping his hands every 10 seconds like Eugene.

The Motor City Machine Guns: As single wrestlers, they're awesome. But as a tag team, they're the best in the ring. Better than LAX, AMW and Beer Money. Their chemistry is insane. Their double team moves are the best in the business. Look at the double kick move, the double clothesline, the powerbomb/sliced bread combo and more. They seem to move in tandem. They always have the same idea, as if they share the same brain.

I don't care if TNA uses them as singles or tag team wrestlers, just use them. Their match against each other at genesis 2009 was great, just showing how good they are.

I'm 100% with this.

I also think they need more time on the mic, as well as in the ring. I remember a promo they cut in the PWG against the Young Bucks, it was amazing. The Guns are remarkable wrestlers, and Shelley's the king of the stick, and the last time he got to prove this in TNA was PCS, in which he put himself on the map with his quirky sense of humor. While it's true he hasn't had that much chance to be serious on the stick in TNA, I think his time is coming. I wouldn't say The Guns being held back by TNA though, they do need to wrestle more, and I know some people don't like a show filled with promos, but Shelley can cut them. With that being said, I kinda miss the more British/cruiser hybrid Shelley of early TNA/ROH. As for Sabin, he's also had a few strong promo's, usually more potent as heel. I remember watching one from NWA Wild Side before TNA got big where Shelley blew me away, because I was used to hearing the babyface Kidman-esc (not a compliment) 2-D guy on the mic. While he's no Shelley, he can hold his own - both of them can.

For me, I'd just have to say most of the X-Division guys in general. The X-Division hasn't been a priority to TNA for a while and I don't know if it's going to be anytime soon.

Since Samoa Joe won the title, there seems to be some speculation around him being in a three way feud with AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels. If that were to come about, I think it'd be an excellent way to restore some prestige to the X-Division. However, if they're going to keep Joe as the same flat, one dimensional thuggish guy and have him run through the X-Division guys like crap through a goose, then it does nothing to make me interested.

Rhino seems to be a popular choice on this threat, but I have to say that I just don't see the appeal at all. To me, Rhino is another one of these guys that is still remembered fondly for ECW but just isn't nearly as good as his fans make him out to be. I've heard it said that Rhino just isn't used right, but I've heard that stuff about Shane Douglas and Raven for years and I don't buy a word of it. He's not much on the stick, he doesn't do anything in the ring to stand out, and he has no personality. There are just many more talented guys in the TNA roster than the company should focus its attentions on.

All of you had some really good choices for most underutilized talent and I agree with most of them. I would definitely love for TNA to do more with guys like the Motor City Machine Guns. I may be biased because they are my favorite tag team in TNA but I think they are very talented wrestlers and overall they are good. So I would like to see them push them more and push other guys like Jay Lethal once they stop the gimmick he has because it has ran its course and Consequences Creed. I think they are both and solid and entertaining wrestlers and could do well with a push, even if it’s just a mini one. I do agree that they all are underutilized and should be pushed; however there is one wrestler that I think is the most underutilized wrestler in all of TNA.

I believe “The Monster” Abyss is by far the most underutilized wrestler/talent in all of TNA. You may be thinking I am crazy and don’t know what I am saying but hear me out and remembered that this is my personal opinion. Has he been featured on TV and pay per views frequently? Yes. Has he been feuding with anyone? Yes. Is he underutilized? Yes. Why? I feel like he is underutilized because I don’t think he is a good babyface. Yes, he does get a reaction but he is nowhere near as good as a babyface as he was when he was a heel.

Remember when he was really a monster and he was a heel? I thought that when he had James Mitchell as a manager he was at his best. He really seemed like someone who was a believable monster and I really enjoyed most of his feuds. He might not be the best wrestler in the world but I was very entertained by him when he was a heel.

But then something happened and he started to slowly turn into a babyface. He started feuding with Sting. I felt like when the feud with Sting started progressing it was obvious he was going to turn face and that’s what exactly what happened. I was okay with him being a babyface for a while but after some time had passed I felt he was stale and boring at times. Now he is still a babyface and I don’t consider him a monster anymore.

Overall, I think that his best work was as a heel and I think he is being underutilized right now because he is a face. I don’t see him as someone who should be a face and I think there others who feel the same way. He was the best “monster heel” we had seen in quite a while and I really liked him during those times. Unfortunately, TNA let James Mitchell go and who knows if he’ll ever return. I would love it if they tried to get him back and re-unite him with Abyss, therefore making him the monster he was once…again.

For me The Motor City Machine Guns are the most misrepresented talent in TNA - Sabin and Shelley, both as singles competitors and tag team wrestlers. I feel that their match at Genesis of this year was by far one of the best matches in TNA this year if not the best.

They have been tagging together since Lockdown 2007 and have yet to capture the NWA, TNA or IWGP Tag Team titles that have been instigated into the promotions tag team division when they quite clearly are one of the most cohesive tag teams in TNA alongside Beer Money and Team 3D.

As singles competitors they really carried the Ultimate X match at Destination X and Shelleys 1st X Division title reign ended far too soon. Sabin hasn't held any titles since his X Division title defeat to Lethal at Slammiversary 2007 and he is owed a title for his outstanding matches he has had on Impact over the past few years as well as on web matches.

Now they are forced to take a back seat to all the old guys in TNA - some of whom cannot go anymore. To add insult to injury they even had a commercial like promo on Impact whereby they informed us that they are being held down by politics.

Sabin and Shelley for me deserve to hold the tag team titles for their in ring performances and seeing as there is two sets of tag team titles in TNA it needs to happen sooner rather than later. Agree?

My top 3:

The Motor City Machine Guns: Maybe the most exciting wrestlers ever. Great tag team skill and well they're just awesome. Look at them with all those tag moves that you'd never seen.

Rhino: Not much to be said, but he's got nothing in TNA right now.

Kip James: He's nothing in TNA right now, neither is BG.

The Motor City Machine Guns are definitely the best tag team existing today, that isn't made up of former world champions, mind you. I just watched turning point 2008 yesterday, and their one and only title shot ever was phenomenal vs. beer money, easily the second best match on that card besides kurt angle vs. abyss falls count anywhere. MCMG have had one or two hour-long episodes of MADE on MTV almost entirely dedicated to them, which sadly would rival the length of their combined ring time in 2009.

Jay Lethal has been buried even further than the guns, even though this time last year, jay lethal was a big enough name that he semi-main evented with SONJAY DUTT!!!! Now, we are lucky to catch a glimpse of him even once a month on impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back