Most Underrated Disney Song

No Count Pup

Just call on me brother
I'm a huge fan of Disney Animated Classics. There are some scores that everybody knows, like "Bippidi Boppidi Boo" and "Be Our Guest." But there are so many others that don't get their due. Which songs do you think are way underrated?

My pick is "He's a Tramp." The song is the epitome of cool and the studio recording was awesome. Few songs in Disney have ever illustrated a main character so well.

[youtube]o3t1Orw9LqM[/youtube]

Not sure if I'd call this underrated, but it is definitely underplayed compared to other Disney classics:

[YOUTUBE]8eU91nut6Oo[/YOUTUBE]

That's that swing music, brother. "Everybody Wants to be a Cat" is an excellent bit of Disney fun if there ever was one. Makes me want to hit a Jazz club and grab some Chicken & Waffles. Even with the bad stereotype of the Siamese cat, it's still a pretty groovy jam. And when they brought the house down, they literally did and back then that was an epic moment. Pretty long compared to other Disney songs, this one might get overlooked due to no Disney princess, a cliché of a villain, and that one little bitch kitten was annoying as hell.

[YOUTUBE]kagw-210PMI[/YOUTUBE]

I know it's more a rip off of Be Prepared but I still love it. I think it's because it's a female interpretation of revenge/vengeance on the good guy. Plus the actress doing Zira's singing has that husky evil voice which makes it even better because it makes it sound ever so slightly more evil than Be Prepared

We have seen some excellent selections so far!

I would also add "Phony King of England" from Robin Hood. This folksy tune takes the film from good to great. It doesn't hurt that Phil Harris, voice of Jungle Book's Baloo, leads the ensemble.

Enjoy:

[youtube]8v1NSsFVfEA[/youtube]

Anyone who has seen Pete's Dragon knows "Every Little Piece." It is such a fun song performed by the great Red Buttons and Jim Dale. I smile every time I hear it. The funny thing is I could say the same thing about several Pete's Dragon songs. They had a highly gifted cast and crew.

[youtube]Ya7mwQYeICQ[/youtube]

Come on, who doesn't wish they were Gaston? He had it all.

The poor guy was an ignoramus though. That's what stopped him from winning Belle. If only he had read a few books!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back