Most Deserving Hall Of Fame Headlining Name

Ferbian

Has Returned.
..In comparison to the other names he was inducted alongside with?

WWE%2BHall%2Bof%2BFame%2Blogo.jpg

For many years a lot of big great names have been inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, and many big names have been the money drawing name for the event, as well as the last person to be inducted of the night in order to make the biggest deal out of said person. We've had Shawn Michaels last year, Stone Cold Steve Austin and many more names that have been some of the most outstanding and well known names in the wrestling industry.

Now, alongside with every Hall of Fame headlining name, a list of other names are presented every year to be inducted as well, some names aren't even featured on the main show (Or I've simply been watching some bad uploads!), and some featured but nowhere to the same extend of the headliners, who clearly gets a long period of time to talk about their career and histories to share with the future Hall of Famers, or just for general purposes of sharing.

The headlining names have always been more or less the obvious choice in comparison to the others, but some years we've had numerous big world wide stars inducted (2006 with Bret Hart and Eddie Guerrero for example). Now that would be what brings me to the actual question of this thread:

What Hall of Fame headlining name deserved to headline the most in comparison to the names he was inducted along with?

What Hall of Fame headlining name deserved the least to headline in comparison to some of the names he was inducted along with?

Shawn michaels hall of fame 2011 without a doubt the guy was a legend amongst legends he had one of the best careers in WWE even though he was only a 4 time world champ there was no match that HBK was involved in that was not memorable shawns career was electric one of my heroes growing up

Stone Cold Steve Austin in 2009. Hands down. He is the definition of what hard work, perseverance, and a little creativity and character tweaking can do for a person's career. He is arguably (outside of Hogan and Savage, of course) the most recognizable name in professional wrestling. He brought Wrestling back from the dead and sparked the Attitude era so many of you hold dear.

The most?? Easy. Of all of the WWE Selections, the Road Warriors are the most charismatic and identifiable. Yeah, Sean Michaels was great, Hulk Hogan was great (Second only to LOD), Andre was awesome, but the LOD "OOOOOH WHAT A RUSH" was wrestlings Nuclear Bomb!!

Least?? Pick em. Bob Eucker, Pete Rose, Drew Carey. Any of the people that just don't belong in the first place.

The most?? Easy. Of all of the WWE Selections, the Road Warriors are the most charismatic and identifiable. Yeah, Sean Michaels was great, Hulk Hogan was great (Second only to LOD), Andre was awesome, but the LOD "OOOOOH WHAT A RUSH" was wrestlings Nuclear Bomb!!

Least?? Pick em. Bob Eucker, Pete Rose, Drew Carey. Any of the people that just don't belong in the first place.

I'd like to add Koko B. Ware to that list. At least those guys were celebrities so you can almost, kinda sorta, see why they were inducted, but Koko? Really? I still can't understand why he was there. He accomplished NOTHING

What Hall of Fame headlining name deserved to headline the most in comparison to the names he was inducted along with?

Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair and Stone Cold Steve Austin are the Hall of Fame Headliners that deserved to headline the most in comparison to the others he was inducted along with.

What Hall of Fame headlining name deserved the least to headline in comparison to some of the names he was inducted along with?

The Million Dollar Man, Ted DiBiase. Now I know what you’re thinking. Yes, he does deserve to be in the Hall Of Fame, but I don’t think he should have headlined. I guess by being the only male WWE Superstar inducted that year, he got it by default.

Who was the “Headliner” in 2004?? I think in that year it could have gone to anyone out of the inductees.

The greatest of all time--Ric Flair! he was a hall of famer in '85.a lot of the other guys tha were said (austin,hbk) deserve to have headlined their class b/c what they did for their era, but i would hope* that Flair is in everyones hall of fame and first class if they started it today.

and Koko b. ware deserves to be in the hall of fame. i don't understand why ppl always go after him. he was hugely popular and he was great for what he was asked to do (nobody got over hogan back then.including perfect and rude). you can't say he didn't accomplish anything b/c it is pro wrestling and it is scripted. no way you make an argument that the great khali (b/c he was world champ) deserves to be in the hall more than Koko. Koko was one of the biggest faces ever. apologies for the rant.

So if I'm reading this right, you want me to compare each hall of fame class year by year and compare the headlining names to the people they were inducted with THAT YEAR, and tell you who I think the real headliner should have been?

Damn that's a lot of research. I'm Looking on wikipedia now and I really wouldn't even know who the headliner would be most years.

I guess If were comparing Stu Hart should have been the top dog instead of Ted Dibiase in 2010, I would like to believe Dusty Rhodes was top dog in 2007, if we're using wrestling terms 2006 had an incredible and even midcard, and if Bobby Heenan wasn't top dog in 2004 Vince and his staff should be ashamed of themselves.

Side note, the celeb wing really discredits the HOF completely. In five years are all these special guest Raw GMs gonna have a shot to get in? Please don't let the muppets end up in the pro wrestling hall of fame! Its hard enough being an adult and defending myself.

The question was who is most deserving of the headlining spot going into the Hall of Fame. I guess if you're arguing that LoD should have had that spot, than alright. But otherwise you're not really answering the question. Also, -1 for not spelling Shawn Michaels properly.

Honestly, the main event of the Hall of Fame is usually so far ahead of the other talents it makes this thread kind of impossible to decide. There's never been a REAL challenge to 1st place as far as I can see. Last year we had HBK headline the event, but "Hacksaw" isn't really making a great case for the main event... The year before you might have been able to make a case for Stu Hart, but Ted DiBiase is still a pretty great name in the history of the company. Ric Flair, Harley Race, Bret Hart...I mean some of the 2nd place guys were good but not deserving of that main event spot (you can argue about Eddie somewhere else...). I think the closet you're going to come to competition is Steve Austin and Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat who both pioneered their own generations. Maybe Dusty Rhodes could have taken a back seat to Jim Ross...maybe.

If we want to just pick the best name going into the Hall of Fame, you can argue between Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, and Shawn Michaels until the cows come home. Flair's legacy was the longest, Hogan's reach the largest, and HBK...well, he was HBK. I can't say which deserved a main event spot the most, because none of them would ever have to take a back seat going into the Hall of Fame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back