Monday Nitro From 1996 with KB

I love these reviews. Wish I had more time to read through them all.. slowly but surely. One interesting point... while it's clear you get frustrated with the booking of Nitro, especially pre-NWO angle. The show was pretty entertaining for its time.

The booking may have been terrible and illogical looking back on it, but the show still drew well because WWF RAW was so awful during this time. This is why I love to read the Monday Night Wars thread with the comparison from week to week. WWF was still booking squash jobber matches on RAW of "midcard superstar with a mild push" vs local jobber or gimmick jobber. Meanwhile Nitro is throwing out World Title matches every single week. Even if it is Giant vs nobody. They had lots of Flair/Savage/Luger world championship matches on live TV... with the title even changing on live TV. This was basically unheard of in the WWF at the time.

Obviously there was Hogan overkill/Bischoff man love going on at the time. And WCW was always questionable at putting together a cohesive show. But as chaotic and insane as these shows were, looking back, I'd prefer to watch them over RAW at the time.

Oh I know. I'd watch both shows every week.

The problem with these shows is how poorly they hold up today. The same thing is true in reverse for 1999: Raw SUCKED from a logic and wrestling standpoint, but Nitro was putting on the worst wrestling I can ever remember so the WWF was untouchable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back