Monday Night War Ratings Week 6

pepentorresHHH

Getting Noticed By Management
according to the main page of wrestlezone the ratings are as follow

WWE RAW scored a final cable rating of 3.2.

TNA Impact scored a final cable rating of 0.8.

so that question is simple....what did you thought of this weeks battle and who had the best show.... and what does this latest ratings mean??

I don't think this will ever change. I don't understand why some people think that TNA will ever come close to either Raw or Smackdown in ratings. I actually watched the TNA replay last night and I can admit that they try harder than WWE, they just execute badly sometimes.

I don't see what else they can do to overtake Raw. They will have to steal Cena and Orton themselves to compete with WWE. WWE just cruises by without a second thought. WWE is just not afraid of TNA at all. I don't think it will ever change.

I think you are right about the rating staying constant. I will be surprised if TNA manages to receive a 1.0 or greater consistently against the WWE. The WWE has a larger base and more devoted fans. Plus as much as some of the creative team sucks they still are vastly superior to TNA's sketchy creative job.

It'll be a tough fight for TNA. Success won't come overnight for them. The only thing I blame is TNA's lackluster marketing or Spiketv's lackluster marketing. If SpikeTV could spend some time marketing TNA's permanent move to Mondays the same way they did UFC and Kimbo Slice on the Ultimate Fighter or like the way they promoted Hogan's January 4th TNA debut, TNA could have still been pulling 1.5s or at least a 1.3. There's no reason why the hottest superstar of 2009, Jeff Hardy can't pull in at least another point in the rating. People keep blaming the show. It's not the show or it's content. It's their marketing department! TNA's marketing is failing them!

It'll be a tough fight for TNA. Success won't come overnight for them. The only thing I blame is TNA's lackluster marketing or Spiketv's lackluster marketing. If SpikeTV could spend some time marketing TNA's permanent move to Mondays the same way they did UFC and Kimbo Slice on the Ultimate Fighter or like the way they promoted Hogan's January 4th TNA debut, TNA could have still been pulling 1.5s or at least a 1.3. There's no reason why the hottest superstar of 2009, Jeff Hardy can't pull in at least another point in the rating. People keep blaming the show. It's not the show or it's content. It's their marketing department! TNA's marketing is failing them!

no its the content

but i agree they could market it a little beter but with the shit they produce people would turn away so i would say creative needs to get checked and more people would tune in to TNA every week and make it competitive

Naw man, people just don't want to watch TNA. Spike markets TNA on UFC events, which I am sure UFC hates. They put them out there, people just have no interest. WWE is a huge name and anything else just looks second rate. Even people that don't watch wrestling knows what WWF and WWE is.

Raw wasn't a spectacular show this week, but it was a good and solid show and iMPACT! was a much better show this week than the sleazy, desperate attempt at ratings that last week's show was. I'd give a slight edge to Raw because the whole Abyss getting hit by a car thing just left me cold. The way it was pulled off was so corny and cheesy that it just dragged down the rest of the show for me.

As far as the numbers for this week go, it's being said on a number of sites that the 0.78 that iMPACT! drew is down 10% from last week and drew roughly 100,000 viewers less. Raw drew a 3.15 last week and was up to a 3.23 this week and the overall audience increased by 100,000. A 3.2 isn't a great number, but it's not uncommon for some falloff to occur post WrestleMania and I won't be surprised if Raw is back in the usual 3.5-3.7 territory next week. As for iMPACT!, they've been unable to score a 1.0 since moving to Monday nights and that doesn't look very likely to change soon.

As for what TNA's problems are, I do agree that they don't market their product properly. The debut of TNA ReAction is a perfect example of that. I only found out about the show less than 24 hours before it's debut. There was no build up or advertisement for the show whatsoever and it only scored a 0.25 rating. Is content a problem as well? I think that's a real possibility as a significant portion of the TNA audience has stopped watching the show. They've stopped watching the show, but they don't seem to be heading over to Raw as it's typically done around a 3.6 for most of this year. At this time last year, TNA was regularly pulling a 1.3 rating and now it has to struggle to make a 0.8. The lack of advertisement has nothing to do with TNA losing more than a third of its fanbase. Last night's episode of NXT scored a 1.01 with 1,282,000 viewers. TNA iMPACT! is currently unable to outdraw the WWE's C-Show at this point. The fans that have stopped watching iMPACT! already know about the show, they don't need advertisement to draw them in, they've just been turned off by the product being turned out.

Dang, it's a shame that TNA's ratings are actually worse than last year's. People just don't want to watch the show. I really don't think they should have even attempted to go head to head with Raw. They are lucky Smackdown is on a lousy channel, bad night, and not live or else they would have 2 huge shows to worry about (even though Smackdown still beats TNA and most shows on fridays)

ratings will NEVER change. No more excuses. IMPACT sucks. No im NOT a wwe mark. Im just a wrestling fan. They could have John Cena wrestle every match on raw vs Impact and the results will be the same. And to the tna marks: Spike TV is not TNT or TBS. TNA is not WCW. and its not the 90s. Things will not get better for TNA, they will get worse. I watched the replay of Impact thursday. not thrilled. Somebody PLEASE fire Hogan and Russo.

I would agree with what everyone seems to be saying here. WWE is a bigger, more well-known brand than TNA is. However, there's still no excuse for TNA not at least having a better following than the small one they have. That company went from 0 to 1 million fans in their first 4 years of existence. Their second 4 years of existence, they went from 1 million fans... to 1 million fans. This is purely a TNA issue -- not a WWE issue.

TNA is the company at fault for putting together the show that they do. It's a show that makes it virtually impossible to grow a fanbase, and it seems that everyone knows it... except TNA. They seemingly are always the last to know. And when something doesn't resonate with the public, beyond that small base of people that call themselves TNA fans, they blame all these external forces for why TNA doesn't have more support than it does. It's the TV show. It's the booking. As long as they continually, stubbornly keep the same guy writing the TV, the show will continue to generate low ratings & the promotion will continue to generate no money. And as it happens, it'll continue being everyone else's fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back