MMA January - Johny Hendricks Beard Appreciation Society

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
Calendar

Literally Something UFC Related Everyday on FuelTV if you have it.

1/7 - Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine
1/14 - UFC 142: Aldo vs. Mendes
1/20 - UFC on FX 1: Guillard vs. Miller
1/28 - UFC on Fox 2: Evans vs. Davis

Essential Websites:
http://www.mma.ly
http://www.ufc.com

Noteworthy:
  • Brock Lesnar has retired
  • No, you dolts, he's not the 1/2/12 Mystery Man, Nor is he coming back to the WWE any time soon, he's under UFC Contract still!

I've really got nothing, not too much of note happened.

Goodnight Sweet Prince :(

hendricks2.jpg

UFC 79 is on Fuel right now. LOL @ Sokoudjou being considered a favorite against Lyoto Machida and the horrificness of Eddie Sanchez vs. Soa Palielei not being edited out.

Dennis Siver is dropping down to 145.

Yeah, good luck with that. Dude is really bulky in the first place at 155.

Have any of you checked out Nagashima vs. Kikuno from Dream yet? It's pretty incredible.

[YOUTUBE]TZxJxgFo4z4[/YOUTUBE]

Trying to get some discussion going...

Predict who will be champion of their respective division by the end of 2012.

Heavyweight: Junior Dos Santos
Light Heavyweight: Jon Jones
Middleweight: Chael Sonnen
Welterweight: Nick Diaz
Lightweight: Ben Henderson
Featherweight: Jose Aldo
Bantamweight: Dominick Cruz
Flyweight: Ian McCall

Meh, I say match Thiago up with Forrest. Shogun would destroy him.

And...

Heavyweight: Alistair Overeem
Middleweight: Anderson Silva
Lightweight: Nate Diaz
Featherweight: Hatsu Hioki
Flyweight: Mighty Mouse

Heavyweight: Junior Dos Santos
Welterweight: Carlos Condit
Flyweight: Demitrious Johnson

Also we'll have a new SF MW Champ....probably not but it can't hurt to dream :rolleyes:

Heavyweight: Overeem
Middleweight: Anderson Silve
Flyweight: Ian McCall

I'd enjoy Thiago Silva vs Rampage at some point, two bangers goin at it til the other drops.

Also Cole Miller dropping to Featherweight and fighting Steven Siler, avoiding a Cerrone beatdown? :rolleyes:

Wow... that would be interesting, to say the least.

Surprising, though. CM Punk and Sonnen seem like two completely different people.

Meh, I say match Thiago up with Forrest. Shogun would destroy him.

And...

Heavyweight: Alistair Overeem
Lightweight: Nate Diaz
Featherweight: Hatsu Hioki
Flyweight: Mighty Mouse

You better hope Hioki looks better than he did against The Poop, he looked really bad in that fight considering the hype he had going for him.

Heavyweight: Overeem
Welterweight: GSP
Lightweight: Benson Henderson
Featherweight: N/A I think Aldo moves up before the year ends and don't know who will become champion after him
Bantamweight: Cruz
Flyweight: Uncle Creepy!

In a story that has surfaced online WWE Champion CM Punk is scheduled to get the January 28th ‘Raw’ house show in Evansville, Indiana off in order to appear at the UFC on FOX 2 event in the corner of Chael Sonnen. Dave Meltzer confirmed the story with Sonnen, who fights Mark Munoz on that card in a middleweight bout. The card takes place in Punk’s hometown of Chicago, Illinois and takes place the night before the ‘Royal Rumble’.

http://fightnetwork.com/news/wrestling/law-jan-4-update-wwe-champion-corner-sonnen/

Heavyweight: JDS
Lightweight: Edgar
Featherweight: Aldo
Bantamweight: Faber
Flyweight: Benavidez

141 did 800k buys. That's pretty good, considering it was on a Friday, Brock was coming off a loss where he got destroyed, and Overeem was a complete unknown to casual fans.

They need to focus on building Jones and Overeem up to the mainstream. Its going to be tough to replace Brock, but those are two guys who can definitely get casual fans interested in the product.

I'll be interviewing Travis "Iron Man" Fulton and Gerald "Hurricane" Harris today on my show if anyone wants to listen. We had a mix up with Gerald's agent last week and she promised to rectify the situation this time around.

Either way, next week I am interviewing the legendary BJJ innovator and trainer, Eddie Bravo. THAT one I am sort of fanboyish about haha.

My show airs at 3:30/6:30pm PDT/EST if anyone wants to listen. We are also available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio. Here's the link if you want.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/sportsatworkradio2/2012/01/05/mma-work-powered-by-mma-playground

I posted the stories about him in another MMA thread. Super short version though, he's the most racist, disrespectful, and disgraceful fighter to ever grace this amazing sport. The threads are probably somewhere on the Underground, it's really terrible the things he does.

I didn't want to post this but it's the only place where I could share it. It's still really gay but I don't care.

I had a dream last month that I was going to UFC 146, it was on April 21st, and going to take place in Boston with the main event being Jon Jones vs. Dan Henderson.

Picked up UFC Magazine today and they had a schedule where they listed upcoming events, and lo and behold, UFC 146 is slated to take place on April 21 (honestly, how the fuck would my subconscious know that fell on a Saturday). Location: TBA. If that card winds up in Boston, I'm going to shit bricks. I will shit boulders if Jones/Hendo is the main event.

Jones wants to fight four times again this year, so it's a definite possibility.

Jones is a true champion. He's not letting his youth go to waste.

Plus, he probably knows he only has about two more years to make the 205 cut, so he's doing everything in the LHW division that is possible before moving up to Heavyweight. You just have to admire that competitive, warrior spirit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back