MITB Cash In Idea

Franchize1990

Pre-Show Stalwart
We've seen just about every conceivable way that the Money in the Bank contract has been cashed in. From the first cash in laying the blueprint to future opportunities to certain superstars cashing in where they had a distinct advantage, just about everything you can do with the briefcase has been done. So thinking outside of the box a little bit, why doesn't a wrestler use the contract to solidify a championship match at Mania? I remember Daniel Bryan was supposed to hold on to his and then cash in at WM 28 but then cashed in a few months earlier. I believe that this story could work for a person like Dolph Ziggler, Sami Zayn in a few more years, or someone who's been in the company for a minute and hasn't been in the main event of WrestleMania yet. The months following the MITB ppv would build the winner in preparation for the main event. Would you enjoy watching this sort of program over the months and is there any unique way you would like to see MITB cashed in?

That definately works for a face and I also wonder why they haven't gone with this idea yet. But the answer is really simple:

From June to April, a lot can change. And I mean a lot. Look at Roman Reigns in June 2014. Nobody had a problem with him winning the title at WM 31 10 months later. But fast forward to April... Also, look at Bryan in June 2013 and compare him with the DB of April. Who would have thought that he would be main eventing Wrestlemania?

My point is, that the wrestler that's going to involve himself in such a lengthy storyline must be super over with the audience and super over with the company. The crowd must be there for him and no get bored by the fact that they would already know who's going to win the title at Wrestlemania and the booking must be splendid, in order to make this predictable story, unpredictable and entertaining.

Also, if you give it to a soldified main eventer, that you know has all the qualities for such position, then you're thinking, what is the point? He's already a star. So it has to be someone who is not such a main eventer.

Nowadays, wrestlers that get super over before becoming world champions do not exist. I'm always critical towards the WWE for that, but that's another subject.

Those I think are the main reasons. It would a nice story, but the risk is just too high.

About another way of cashing in: write the holder off TV for some time and have him make a surprise return and shock the world. That's the most "ground-breaking-never-before" thing I can think of right now. There aren't many options left really. Also, how about the holder challenging the champion to a non-title match, the holder then beats him up causing a DQ, weakens him and then makes the cash-in to his victim.

is there any unique way you would like to see MITB cashed in?

Yes there is one unique method left that has not been done. Money In The Bank has always been seen as a weapon to help get someone to a World Championship. Why not do the reverse? Have someone win the briefcase but he holds off on cashing it in until after he has already won the World Heavyweight or Universal Championship. If he loses a match for his title he could immediately attack the opponent in frustration after the match then cash in to get it back. In this scenario it's a defensive item rather than an offensive one.

Another could be using the briefcase to jump from Raw to Smackdown or vice versa like Edge did in 2007. It's been years since a brand jump due to a cash in was done, opportunistic or not.

Other than that I still prefer the opportunistic cash in's over the ones like Cena or RVD did. I hate the idea of declaring in advance what event you are cashing in at before that event even starts.

That definately works for a face and I also wonder why they haven't gone with this idea yet. But the answer is really simple:

From June to April, a lot can change. And I mean a lot. Look at Roman Reigns in June 2014. Nobody had a problem with him winning the title at WM 31 10 months later. But fast forward to April... Also, look at Bryan in June 2013 and compare him with the DB of April. Who would have thought that he would be main eventing Wrestlemania?

My point is, that the wrestler that's going to involve himself in such a lengthy storyline must be super over with the audience and super over with the company. The crowd must be there for him and no get bored by the fact that they would already know who's going to win the title at Wrestlemania and the booking must be splendid, in order to make this predictable story, unpredictable and entertaining.

Also, if you give it to a soldified main eventer, that you know has all the qualities for such position, then you're thinking, what is the point? He's already a star. So it has to be someone who is not such a main eventer.

Nowadays, wrestlers that get super over before becoming world champions do not exist. I'm always critical towards the WWE for that, but that's another subject.

Those I think are the main reasons. It would a nice story, but the risk is just too high.

About another way of cashing in: write the holder off TV for some time and have him make a surprise return and shock the world. That's the most "ground-breaking-never-before" thing I can think of right now. There aren't many options left really. Also, how about the holder challenging the champion to a non-title match, the holder then beats him up causing a DQ, weakens him and then makes the cash-in to his victim.

What about having a face cash in MITB, only for the heel champ to low-blow him, causing a disqualification.

Have the next night is a Draft Lottery, and the face who cashed in was on a different brand than the heel champ. Have the heel champ brag that the face blew his only title opportunity last night at the PPV, and since he is on the other brand, he will never get another chance.

Except that, the final Draft Lottery pick, ends up being the face challenger, meaning that they are now both on the same brand, and the face demands another rematch, with the GM grants, since he lost by DQ, and then the face wins the belt instead at the next PPV.

So, you have someone cash in, and become champ, but not on the same night.

One idea I had that might work would be putting the WWE Championship on the line during the Royal Rumble match itself, the champ is one of the first two guys out there to start things off, Mr. MITB is one of the participants but is eventually eliminated, the reigning WWE Champion wins the Royal Rumble and retains the title after an exhausting Rumble, Mr. MITB's money hits and he runs down and beats the champ down, waffling him with the briefcase eventually before handing it to the ref. The ref calls for the bell, Mr. MITB hits his finisher and wins the WWE Championship.

Since the winner of the Royal Rumble goes onto WrestleMania to fight for the title, they could kill two birds with one stone since the former champ successfully defended his title by winning the Royal Rumble. So even though he lost the title afterward and is no longer champ, the former champ earns the right to go to WrestleMania and get his rematch for the title.

I think it'd work fine if the champ during the Royal Rumble match was a babyface and he gets screwed out of his title due to the MITB format. Doesn't mean he automatically reclaims the title at WrestleMania, but they can have a good, long, strong build up to the match by not having them wrestle each other again, even in tag matches.

If the title is on the line at the rumble, he gets the title not an automatic shot at mania its never worked that way.

This doesn't have to do with the cash-in itself, but is related to the briefcase.

Maybe just once in some specialized storyline scenario, I would like for the MITB case to function almost like a championship belt. If a challenger beats the MITB holder, THEY then get the case. If someone beats THAT person, HE gets the case, and so on. That way it makes the sense of urgency and expectation for fans rise a little, since a person might be anxious to cash it in before they potentially lose it.

I know the case has been put up in specific matches a few times throughout its history, but maybe once just make the case itself up for grabs until it finally gets cashed in.

If you wanted to get real crazy, you could even put hardcore rules on the case, though that seems excessive.

They really should pull the trigger on an idea that I'm sure we've all stewed over, a faction using the Freebird rule in regard to the briefcase. Ideally; New Day would be able to sell this idea, considering they themselves suggested that they would do that if Kofi won the briefcase way back when.

It would be a storyline that writes itself and could be milked for all it's worth for almost a year until WrestleMania. New Day wouldn't even need to break up over the tension surrounding this idea. Have something like Xavier cashes-in, fails, and then have it turn out that the briefcase used was fake and the same thing happens with Kofi until Big E comes out with the real briefcase and takes the Universal Championship.

Storylines have been by the numbers this season as anyone with half a brain has been able to predict how they would play out. Whatever they do with MITB, I hope it's at least a little shocking.

This would make sense in the long run, but WWE isnt working the long runs anymore besides Goldberg vs Lesnar which we all knew would culminate at Mania since August of last year... Its very rare!

Logistically it wouldn't initially make sense with a Royal Rumble also prior to Mania, but it could work very well. It would make for a very interesting Main Event at the PPV!

I always kind of wished theyd let Barrett have one and have him cash in on one of the Raw's from england. The pop would be insane, how there still hasnt been a british world champion is beyond me. I suppose this could still work with neville in the future.

I also like the idea of the briefcase being cashed in on a heel champion who just gets himself intentionally dq'd. The GM could still give the next opportunity to the holder but, just delay the switch

Liking some of these ideas. A unique idea I have is during the MITB match itself, have someone who isn't in the match run in, climb a ladder and take the briefcase while all the participants are lying outside the ring after some insane spot. Could create an interesting scenario where the GM has to make a big decision and whoever grabbed the briefcase is public enemy number 1. It could be used as an opportunity to debut someone as well

The Op's idea is one of the few truly original ways we've yet to see the magic suitcase used. I had a similar idea on another thread that I'm too lazy too look up. My idea was how you build to a Rollins vs Ambrose vs Reigns WrestleMania triple threat.

You have wrestler A win the MITB, then the next night on his brand's show (I think MITB is Smackdown) he announces that he's cashing his chips at the next WrestleMania.

He holds the case until then, possibly wagering it in a few matches along the way. Wrestler B wins the Rumble, then wrestler C is a heel and is the champion.

I think this scenario works best for three people that need to have a triple threat. The former Shield guys fit that bill, as there definitely is interest in seeing them go at it for a title at Mania.

WWE rarely runs triple threat world title matches at Mania. I think there's only been 4 ever (Triple/Benoit/Michaels, Angle/Mysterio/Orton, Cena/Edge/Show, Cena/Triple/Orton) and the oft maligned Mania 2000 fatal four way. They may be more inclined to run a one on one match.

They demonstrated that they're ok with writing out the Rumble title shot (see Rumble 2016) so a similar scenario could play out.

I like the Op's idea as it's one of the few MITB cash in scenarios that are truly fresh. It's going to take a hell of a guy to keep interest for that long. When Edge held the first luggage I started to forget why he came to the ring with a briefcase.

Someone has to be talented to hold the case that long, WWE has to trust them. I think this works best for the former Shield guys as they all have history. It would be cool to have a heel do the advanced cash in, as we also haven't seen that out of a heel. It would be a cocky and egotistical move.

The whole idea of MITB briefcase for me is about when, where and how it's cashed in.

If I already know that it's going to take at Wrestlemania, then I ain't as interested as I should be. That would completely defeat the purpose of a sudden cash-in. Being a No. 1 contender and having a MITB briefcase is different as we know when the contender will get his title shot. But MITB holder has no such bondage and that's the fun of this gimmick match. So, I won't like it to be known in advance about the cash-in.

one way i think WWE could get a cash in idea is this....from what i heard, the Money in the Bank PPV is exclusive to Smackdown (if i'm right). so what WWE should do is at Wrestlemania (likely next year since it wont be this year) is have a RAW Money in the Bank ladder match and have the winner of that cash in at Wrestlemania. now will that happen, likely not because i dont see WWE having two of those matches on two different ppvs, but i think they should do that and have a real year long wait for a cash in

We've seen just about every conceivable way that the Money in the Bank contract has been cashed in. From the first cash in laying the blueprint to future opportunities to certain superstars cashing in where they had a distinct advantage, just about everything you can do with the briefcase has been done. So thinking outside of the box a little bit, why doesn't a wrestler use the contract to solidify a championship match at Mania? I remember Daniel Bryan was supposed to hold on to his and then cash in at WM 28 but then cashed in a few months earlier. I believe that this story could work for a person like Dolph Ziggler, Sami Zayn in a few more years, or someone who's been in the company for a minute and hasn't been in the main event of WrestleMania yet. The months following the MITB ppv would build the winner in preparation for the main event. Would you enjoy watching this sort of program over the months and is there any unique way you would like to see MITB cashed in?

Cena did this at RAW 1000 after he appeared to win the briefcase accidently earlier on at MITB and announced prior to match that he would be cashing in and having an official match with CM Punk.

I came up with a few a couple of years ago. Rollins did one and the other is this.

Wrestler A wins the MITB briefcase and holds onto it. He then wins a second #1 contender's match (Royal Rumble, Battle Royal etc). He uses this title shot for the championship. He has a good back and forth match with the champion, it's really close but eventually the champion retains. They show respect Wrestler A leaves allowing the champion to celebrate, he immediately comes back and clocks the champion with the briefcase, cashing in and becoming champion.

Great heel turn for someone.

Cashing in at Mania like this would only work for a face. It is, as mentioned before, generally hard to tell where a wrestler will be by the time Mania rolls around. Planning for this would be risky.

This doesn't have to do with the cash-in itself, but is related to the briefcase.

Maybe just once in some specialized storyline scenario, I would like for the MITB case to function almost like a championship belt. If a challenger beats the MITB holder, THEY then get the case. If someone beats THAT person, HE gets the case, and so on. That way it makes the sense of urgency and expectation for fans rise a little, since a person might be anxious to cash it in before they potentially lose it.

I know the case has been put up in specific matches a few times throughout its history, but maybe once just make the case itself up for grabs until it finally gets cashed in.

If you wanted to get real crazy, you could even put hardcore rules on the case, though that seems excessive.

Then why would I agree to put myself in a MITB ladder match so some other dude can beat me for it that wasn't in the match? That would piss me off. The smart thing would be to DQ yourself at every possible moment and cash in as soon as possible. This would be hard to do over the long term. Hard to build the guy up. This is excessive without hardcore rules. It would be pointless with hardcore rules because every single wrestler should then be constantly attacking the MITB holder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back