Milk reviews animated disney movies, here.

Milkyway!

Hodor!
Today ABC Family has been airing Hercules, and Alladin. I having my 3, soon to be 4 year old sister to watch them with found an excuse to watch two of my favorite childhood movies. These movies have inspired me to re-watch, and review (Not in GREAT detail, like JMT, or Xfear review will probably be rather brief, maybe a few quotes from the movie, etc) them. Stating my opinions on each of these movies. For now I'll try to keep it one movie a day, maybe two if I'm really really bored. I might skip a day, if I run out of movie ideas, or just am bored of re-watching the movies.

My first review is going to be on Hercules.

200px-Hercules_poster_1997.pngcenter]

Hercules was a fun movie, and one of my favorite animated movies of all time. From Hercules himself, to Pain and Panic, every character was fun for me, and I really enjoyed it as a child. Granted, these days its no where near as fun back then, but it always has a great nostalgia feel for me.

Obviously this isn't the real story of Hercules, but basically the son of Zues has to prove himself as a true hero to restore his position as a "God." Returning to his home on Mount Olympus. The movie then goes on, Hercules takes on the chthonic monsters just as the actual story of Hercules goes. The Disney moral of the story is "A hero isn't judged by his muscles or what he does, but by the measure of your heart" In the end, Hercules chooses to stay a mortal with his love Meg, and live happily ever after. It truely is a great movie, instead of turning your children onto Wall-e show them Hercules, please.

My favorite scene of the movie:
[youtube]I_bEWXs_FX4[/youtube]
Sadly, I know every word to this song. Anyone want the lyrics?

________
Meg: He comes on with his big, innocent farm boy routine, but I could see through that in a Peloponnesian minute.
________
Hades: We dance, we kiss, we schmooze, we carry on, we go home happy. What do you say? Come on.
________
Hades: Zeusy, I'm home.
________

Great Movie. And who doesn't love the Scar cameo from Lion King. James Woods makes that movie as Hades, and stuff like Air Hercules sandals are still as funny now as they were when it came out. This, on top of the classic songs that everyone disney movie should be mandatory to have.

God that's a great movie.

Todays movie is none other than. Mulan.

200px-Movie_poster_mulan.JPG

Mulan basically goes with Womens Rights movement. Mulan was a woman, whos crippled father was forced to rejoin the military. In spite of what the king has done to her father, she dresses like a man, breaking the law in order to save her father, and ends up saving the king himself, and all of China. Proving, women can do anything. Don't you just love the moral of the stories behind disney movies? They're all so wonderful, and filled with background stories, that no one can erase from out minds.

[youtube]Qe3Y-nXHsFI[/youtube]
Best Scene in the movie.

Fun Mulan quotes:

The Emperor of China: The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.
Shang: Sir?
The Emperor of China: You don't meet a girl like that every dynasty.
________
Mushu: My powers are beyond your mortal immagination. For instance, my eyes can see straight through your armor.
[Mulan smacks him]
Mushu: Oooh! All right, that's it! Dishonor! Dishonor on your whole family!
[to Cri-Kee]
Mushu: Make a note of this. Dishonor on you, dishonor on your cow, dis...
[Mulan covers his mouth with her hand]
Mulan: Stop. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm just nervous. I've never done this before.
Mushu: Then you're gonna have to trust me. And don't you slap me no more. We clear on that? All right. Okey-dokey. Let's get this show on the road! Cri-Kee, get the bags.
[to the horse, Khan]
Mushu: Let's move it, heifer.
_______
Mushu: Let's go kick some Hunny buns!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo