Mike Kanellis- His Career Is Over

Glacier

Pre-Show Stalwart
True or False?

He was humiliated by his wife and then pinned clean by Becky Lynch.

Then told he was not capable of fulfilling his husband duties with his
wife, because Becky was more of a man than him.

Never seen a more embarrassing segment for a man, at this point he
might be better off signing up to be the Gobbledygooker.

Let face it, mike was only hired because they wanted maria. He never really got anything out of the first deal and he's not going to get more out of this new deal. I feel like this was a one time deal to help seth/becky look strong going into extreme rules and to explain why maria won't be on 205 live anymore since mike continued being on that show even through he supposetly quit last week.

So mike, will never be a big thing in wwe but because it was easy money and they will have another child to take cares off, they resign for 5 years so his career isn't over since it was over a long time ago when he almost beat santino's quicker elimination at the greatest royal rumble and also the fact that you didn't even know he was in the 50 man battle royal at super showdown.

Mike is a great wrestler. Why not pair him with Buddy Murphy? Buddy is not doing anything at this time so what was the point of sending him to SD. A tag team between Buddy & Mike would be sick. Have Maria go off tv and get a manager such as Paige

Doesn't really matter. Mike is a nobody who was hired because WWE wanted Maria back. If not for her, nobody would know who Mike is.

Doesn't really matter. Mike is a nobody who was hired because WWE wanted Maria back. If not for her, nobody would know who Mike is.
Actually, Michael Bennett is well known from his time in ROH. He did mess up by leaving ROH. Maybe if he went to MLW, or back to IMPACT, he would be better utilized. Hell, maybe a run in AEW could reinvigorate his career. I wouldn't mind seeing him going back to ROH to destroy Matt Taven and reclaim his throne as leader of the Kingdom.

Actually, Michael Bennett is well known from his time in ROH. He did mess up by leaving ROH. Maybe if he went to MLW, or back to IMPACT, he would be better utilized. Hell, maybe a run in AEW could reinvigorate his career. I wouldn't mind seeing him going back to ROH to destroy Matt Taven and reclaim his throne as leader of the Kingdom.

"Well known" and "ROH" do not belong in the same sentence. Mike is a nobody.

The funny thing or smartest thing they did was resigned with wwe for five years knowing that maria was pregnant again. I don't know who thought maria how to hustle but she sure played them and now they will have a second child, mike will have a reduced schedule and they will be financially secured for the next 5 years. So i respect them for negociating themselves a nice deal.

He burnt that IMPACT bridge when they lied and said Maria was going back to college and she lied about it. So IMPACT is out of the question. AEW wouldn't be a good fit either at least not right now. MLW would be the best option for him and by then MLW will be so developed that would Mike really serve a purpose?

That segment was the funniest and most interesting thing I've seen on Raw in a long time, other than the Firefly Funhouse. I'm not complaining, but it confused me that they gave those great lines to someone like Maria. She showed up on Raw for the first time in ages and stole the show lol.

Mike is alright from what I've seen in the WWE and Impact Wrestling. Nothing special. I was definitely shocked to see him and Maria debut on a ppv rather than NXT like everyone. I was like they don't see him on AJs level do they?

Obviously they didn't. Mike is a good hand and that's about all. Maria is his gorgeous saving grace as that woman knows how to talk. Mike can be a midcard guy on 205 Live and rake in the money so that his kids have a good future.

I'm going with false, but only under the small glimmer of hope that there's some kind of plan in place for him.

That whole Raw angle was fairly exciting, as much as it was confusing. Is the idea to turn Maria heel and Mike face? We were made to feel bad for the guy. Was this supposed to put heat on Mike? WWE often try to garner heat by making people look like losers. Whatever the case, it got me watching 205 Live this week, and I'm sure others.

They followed up on the angle, but it's still not clear where we go. Mike ate the pin in that six man tag, and I'd argue it ought to have been Daivari. He was looking forlorn and confused, which really has been the entire theme for him in WWE.

He showed up out of shape and addicted to pills when he and Maria were hotshot to the main roster. No NXT. Maria had her baby and he fell off the face of the earth.

WWE likes a good redemption story, he got healthy, he got jacked and was given another chance on 205 Live.

That previous folly with the pills and his conditioning, coupled with a second pregnancy and an absolutely flooded WWE roster doesn't bode well for him.

This has to be leading somewhere. I've heard rumours Paul Heyman and Maria are close. This could be the beginning of Mike being used on Raw now that we're entering the Paul Era.

Maybe Mike turns face and wins back Maria by winning the Cruiserweight title. Or maybe he's just another guy who can never get out of 205 Live. Is his career over?

What does it mean for a career to be over? Maybe he's the 205 Live version of Barry Horowitz and jobs forever? I think we'll have to wait and see what happens on Raw. If there's no follow up, and that was a one and done, I'd say the highest Mike ever soars will be last Monday.

I think that Heyman might like him, so this may be far from the end of him if that's so. He's totally the kind of project that Heyman would love to work on. Hot and powerful wife, her last name, the story almost writes itself.

This could totally be the beginning of a loser made good storyline to coincide with her not on TV due to the pregnancy. He feels he has to earn back her respect and thus begins an odyssey of initially losses but then he gets that surprising important win, maybe in a fatal four way or battle royale. And then, like Jinder, our boy makes good and surprises and wins a mid-card belt. Maybe the put him against some good workers so he gets some high level matches, because Bennett was never a bad hand. The look is there, the matches are quality, and suddenly he's beginning to be taken seriously. And then who knows. But the potential has always been there, they just had to decide to pull the trigger. Maybe this is nothing, a way to write them off TV again. But maybe its the beginning of something good. We'll see. I'd like to see it.

At the moment it's looking like it's going to be a long 5 years for him if he manages to see out this contract.

False... despite this being an emasculating angle, it's not a career-kill. Not by a long shot if Heyman is behind it and it's seen out to conclusion. The whole thing screams of the type of angle that regularly featured in ECW during it's heyday.

Lots of directions things can go here... Mike can continue to be Maria's subordinate and do her bidding / dirty work since she can't compete herself. Mike can continue to be emasculated / brow beaten until he finally snaps, forcing a bigger picture gimmick change / repackaging. A "feud" may even develop between Mike and Maria where instead of getting the man that she wanted, she has created a monster that she can no longer control. This could see Maria having managerial (and other types of) relationships with wrestlers in an effort to take Mike down / out.

Gotta see how it plays out, but I'm on board with this so far. It's about the most attitude / ruthless aggression type angle that has been done since those respective periods ended and therefore refreshing to see.

Hopefully Vince keeps his paws off of it :)

I had never seen Mike Kanellis till he debuted as The Miracle on IMPACT a few years ago. I like the stuff him and Maria were doing there. I had some hopes just like almost every other IMPACT talent that they would utilize him in the best way when he signed with WWE. Pregnancy, rehab and bad booking messed that up. Hoping they have some grand plan that entertains or shocks by the end of this one sided storyline. Guessing Mike will have to get his comeuppance in some ways by the time Maria has to leave TV if she is pregnant? Or this is some sort of weird swerve between them leading to something. Otherwise if they have no long term booking than it is a whole bunch of hot garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back