Mike Bennett is TNA's CM Punk

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
And not just because they sound identical, either. Seriously, listen to any promo Bennett cuts — it's like hearing Punk all over again. Same cadence, similar facial expressions, body language, etc. It's kind of uncanny. They obviously don't look the same, but they sure sound it.

At this point, while there are definitely a lot of things going right behind him in terms of youth building and while there are probably still bigger names on the roster than his (the Hardy's and Lashley come to mind), I'm not sure anyone means more to TNA's future long-term, especially if we are talking big picture aspirations for the company's top heel, than Bennett. He's simply phenomenal, and the chemistry he has with Carter is off the charts. If there's anything to the teaser's he's put out about reuniting the Kingdom under TNA's banner, his importance is only that much stronger.

The way I see it, if he isn't yet, in a very short time he's going to be the company's top heel that the World Title is going to gravitate around. Once this business with Lashley is done, at least, and they turn him face again.

For the time being, he seems to be in a bit of a state of limbo, but the writing is on the wall here, and it's written in ink, not pencil. He's very much their bright, shining future. All they have to do is give him the ball and let him run with it.

I agree with you. Bennett is and can be TNA'so top heel. He has everything it takes to succeed within the company. Hopefully when he gets his hands on the title they give him a strong run as champion. With Corgan in the mix it could be a lot of good things coming when he becomes champion. I'm not one to usually say this guy reminds me of they guy but Bennett definitely reminds me of Punk. So for TNA, that's nothing but a good thing for them.

It would be interesting to see if the Kingdom will be reunited in TNA. Yet I'm unaware of the contract statuses of Adam Cole and Matt Taven are. But Bennett has made a significant impact since his arrival, and he's not bad in the ring or charisma-wise. I digging his progression, let's just get a good stable behind him to elevate him even more.

Taven is still out with a serious injury but is a free agent, to my knowledge. Cole's contract is up after 'Final Battle' in December.

It will be interesting to see thew Kingdom reunited in TNA. Don't forget that TNA has Moose as well. If they can just go back to basics, TNA will take off like a rocket.

Biggest difference between Bennett and Punk was that Punk was the cool guy everybody liked and wanted to be. In ROH he was the hottest guy there and all the young men followed him in the WWE too. Punk was always The next big thing in wrestling.

I see what you mean about Bennett having a similar attitude but I just don't see Bennett having that kind of popularity with people. And this will affect his long-lasting standing in TNA and in wrestling in general.

I'm seeing a brighter future for Eli Drake for example. Cause people love him even as a heel.

Bennett is just too uncool to be a long-term draw.

Biggest difference between Bennett and Punk was that Punk was the cool guy everybody liked and wanted to be. In ROH he was the hottest guy there and all the young men followed him in the WWE too. Punk was always The next big thing in wrestling.

I see what you mean about Bennett having a similar attitude but I just don't see Bennett having that kind of popularity with people. And this will affect his long-lasting standing in TNA and in wrestling in general.

I'm seeing a brighter future for Eli Drake for example. Cause people love him even as a heel.

Bennett is just too uncool to be a long-term draw.

Do we really need more cool heels? For once, we have a heel that is getting booed out the Impact Zone. This is what makes Bennett really good. Bennet is getting the much needed heat to keep him heel which is exactly what is needed. He will have a good run in TNA as long as his booking stays consistent like it has been.

Taven is still out with a serious injury but is a free agent, to my knowledge.
Yeah, he underwent two surgeries for ACL Tear in January this year and his expected return time was 9 months aka October/November.

Given the injury was very severe, I could see Taven joining TNA next year thus reforming The Kingdom.

About Bennett, He has been extraordinarily good with Ethan Carter III. But with others, I haven't been impressed much. Maybe because I amn't able to watch him much in TNA. Or maybe because it's like that Bennett has just started his stint in TNA.

Do we really need more cool heels? For once, we have a heel that is getting booed out the Impact Zone. This is what makes Bennett really good. Bennet is getting the much needed heat to keep him heel which is exactly what is needed. He will have a good run in TNA as long as his booking stays consistent like it has been.

I was not talking from a "cool heel" standpoint in particular. I meant as a cool wrestling personality that people like to see. Either as a heel or face, Punk was creating a buzz all over. Bennett is good at doing heat but he's not a popular wrestling personality that people talk about.

For one thing, visually, he doesn't stand out.

Also if the goal for heels would be only to create heat, then all you needed to do would be to have a guy put shit all over himself, go on TV and bash the town's people sport's team.

But if you watch the best heels in history from the Four Horsemen, Ric Flair, Ted Dibiase, Mr. Perfect, Big Van Vader, The Rock, HHH etc...they were guys that not only would make you hate them but you also admired them, you want to pay to see them. Cause as a wrestling fan, you have to like the whole show, all the characters in it, not just the faces.

If your only ability is to generate hate and disdain, then it's closer to "X-pac go away" heat. Which has a chance of making people change the channel more than anything else.

Which is what Bennett is closer to being than Mr. Perfect.

No. All of the No's. Bennett at this point is an at best midcard wrestler being pushed to the point of oversaturation just becausr he has a pretty wife. A large chunk of his promo work is downright nonsensical. I still await an explanation as to how the hell him being "The M8racle" translates to him "saving" TNA. Which in itself is quite dumb. Nothing like noting tour company has issues.

CM Punk picked up a mic and when he talked it was either truth coming out od hia mouth pr he made you believe what he said was true. No such thing from Bennett who is blatantly reciting lines given to him. Nothinf about him feels genuine, organic or attention grabbing. At times, it feels like the opposite.

Taven was doing play by play for a match on ROH a few weeks ago. He mentioned building a "new kingdom." However, he didn't say that would be in ROH. I think he's just bidding his time until his contract runs out. I remember reading where he texts Bennett before TNA comes on. Get Taven, get Cole and team Moose and Lashley.

To be honest, I would get rid of Matt and Brother Nero to pay them if needed. Fire some of the dead weight on the roster (Spud (I hate that guy), Tyrus, Grado, Mandrews, Melendz) and you're on to something.]

Bring back Aiden O'shea! (Jay Bradley) I love that cat! He could take the place of Tyrus or that fat out of shape Abyss. Let Crazy Steve and Bram be the Decay, with Rosemary of course.

Taven was doing play by play for a match on ROH a few weeks ago. He mentioned building a "new kingdom." However, he didn't say that would be in ROH. I think he's just bidding his time until his contract runs out. I remember reading where he texts Bennett before TNA comes on. Get Taven, get Cole and team Moose and Lashley.
If a performer, using a microphone paid for by a company, sitting at a table owned by the company, on air time owned by the same company, using a script written by that same company, in a building rented by that company, while receiving a check from that company, doesn't specifically state that he's working for that company while appearing on that company's television show, it must mean he's planning to work for another company soon.

This is just how professional wrestling works. If you have an injured performer, you bring him on television every couple of weeks to do microphone work so he can promote himself for his next employer.

I don't see it myself, not in the slightest actually. Preferred Mike in ROH. I think this may due to the fact that anything / anybody that appears on TNA automatically just becomes a bit worse. The way they package and present things... just meh. Surrounded by meh. And the knowledge that anything in TNA will always only be meh.

If a performer, using a microphone paid for by a company, sitting at a table owned by the company, on air time owned by the same company, using a script written by that same company, in a building rented by that company, while receiving a check from that company, doesn't specifically state that he's working for that company while appearing on that company's television show, it must mean he's planning to work for another company soon.

This is just how professional wrestling works. If you have an injured performer, you bring him on television every couple of weeks to do microphone work so he can promote himself for his next employer.

And the point of your idiotic rant is? You are wrong 99% of the time about everything, so I fully expect Taven and Bennet to be reunited in Jan 2017 in TNA.

And the point of your idiotic rant is? You are wrong 99% of the time about everything, so I fully expect Taven and Bennet to be reunited in Jan 2017 in TNA.
I will make you a bet on this. If you're correct, I won't post on the forums for a year. If I'm correct, you won't post on the forums for a year. No alt accounts, your shitposts are very recognizable. The bet is that Matt Taven will appear on TNA programming on or before January 31st, 2017. We'll even count television tapings, although the content has to actually air- it doesn't count if it's a Homicide type situation. Let's say that if Matt Taven appears and films for a television taping before January 31st, we'll hold off execution of the bet until the content runs. I don't expect this scenario, but you are definitely the grasp at straws type, so it's safer to have all our bases covered.

Deal?

I've been catching up with everything about Impact Wrestling the last few weeks and I've seen a lot of Mike Bennett and none of CM Punk. As much as he's good, there's no denying that CM Punk is 100x times better. I've yet to be impressed about one of his matches - even in ROH he didn't had the "match". He's just bland in the ring. Doesn't really have a style and I think he lacks in some really important aspects like flow, storytelling and psychology.

I think he's ECIII-2. Not brilliant in the ring. Gets his way on the microphone, is cocky, has a valet (he had Spud, same thing) and thinks he's the best thing since slice bread. I don't know about you, but to me, that's really generic. Even Maria impresses me more, mainly because of her distinctive good looks, but Bennett is just bland. He needs to tweak his character, he needs to drive a car to the Impact Zone and beat the shit out of someone's head with the hood. He needs aggression, because as of right now, he's a guy that sure will main event thanks to the booking, but who isn't going to bring anything really fresh in the long term.

He's a solid hand, but nothing to really rally behind as CM Punk's was. He needs to be more down to earth instead of being way too over the top, he needs the cool vibe in him and I dare to say that nobody has it in the current TNA. Scratch that we've our savior - "Broken" Matt Hardy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back