Mike Awesome?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5thHorseman

Getting Noticed By Management
Watching Masato Tanaka wrestle last night made me reminescent of the Awesome vs. Tanaka matches that are so legendary. With the past history Awesome has with ECW (good & bad). Does anyone think there's a chance we will see him back in ECW? The match from the first ONS was simply amazing, especially when you consider his background with tanaka in ECW and in Japan. But, Awesome left ECW on a horrible note to go to WCW, dropping the ECW title just to become That 70's guy or whatever, Do you think Heyman will forgive and forget ? Or do think Awesome would even want to come back under WWE control?

Here is a bit of information that i found on awesome that i thought would be relevent to the thread

During February Awesome announced his retirement from wrestling so that he could concentrate on spending time with his family and selling real estate. Awesome added that he would only wrestle "if the money was right," and added that he felt that he was underpaid for his performance at ECW One Night Stand 2005, due to the fact that Awesome felt that his match with Masato Tanaka stole the show. Additionally, Awesome had blown out his knee during the match.

If Masato Tanaka starts full-time in ECW, I would like to see Awesome back, even if was for one more match. But it figures he'd want alot of money, since he was a sell-out, but being a sell-out or not that statement also makes alot of sense towards why he wouldn't want to come back for a little money in his defense

I do know that paulie has been scouting around in various areas for talent. So we shouldnt expect the entire oldschool ECW roster to show up.

With awesome i'd say its a 50-50. It would make sense to have another "big man" there to contest with the bigshow as you really cant have him squashing guys 24/7. There needs to be a credible oppenant.

So in retrospect your wish could very well come true (in that aspect)

I for one am all for it. I enjoyed Awesome in ECW and think it would be the right move for the current situation.

virginpusher said:
I for one am all for it. I enjoyed Awesome in ECW and think it would be the right move for the current situation.

agreed. Awesome, BigShow, and Big Guido would be a wonderful 3 way dance...

Does Big Guido even wrestle? I only remember seeing him once on an ECW PPV. In fact, I think that was last years ONS. Other than that I only remember Big Sal E. Grazziano (just guessing on the sp) and The Big Don Tommy Rich as the big non-wrestling third man. Gotta love the FBI anyway - although they all seem to be Italian right now...kind of kills the joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back