Mid card getting better

Nascarman

Occasional Pre-Show
As of late i have been a huge cridic of wwe's handling of mid card talent and titles. With Rey mystrio as IC champ it wasn't beliveable. and with him wanting a long title run, it looked like a long dull ride. and poor Koffy Kingston as US champ was not getting fudes or tv time. But now it is starting to change. Rey Mystrio just failed a drug test and 3 people have stated intrest in the US title. Now i could be wrong but i bet WWE takes the IC belt off mystrio.(tho it would not suprise me if WWE lets him keep it becaus kids and adults with childish tast love him). and with so many people after the US title if has to get put on the show more.\
So i am looking forward to the next couple of weeks to see where the belts end up. GOOD JOB WWE. and keep takeing drugs mystrio.
Now my questin is who should end up with the belts??
will wwe give US belt to Ziggler or anouther face to make the kiddies happy
Will Koffy fend of his changlers or will Miz or Swagger or Carlito walk away champ. What do you think? who do you want to be IC and US champion.
My picks are
US Swagger- hard to chose between him and miz but gota cheer for a fellow Okie.
IC Finely- dont get me wrong i hope Ziggler get it in awhile but finley needs a boost.

I really wasn't surprised that Rey Mysterio tested positive for some sort of banned substance...I think that every Superstar at some point will be suspended for a banned substance...Just look at baseball, everyone is doing it, LOL...

As far as who will be the new IC Champ, I'm pretty sure that everybody assumes that Dolph Ziggler will be the new champion...He has pretty much been groomed by the WWE and Rey Mysterio the past few months to eventually take the title from Rey...This suspension just is gonna accelerates Ziggler getting the title...I hope that he does well, he was amazing during there SummerSlam Match...

And for the US Title, I think all paths lead to The Miz being the next champion...Most people think that MVP or Jack Swagger should get the belt but with MVP now being in the Tag-Team title hunt he is out and I think Jack Swagger having the belt is a little beneath him at this point, he is ready for the Main Event...That leaves us with The Miz and every since his "banishment" and "return" to RAW he has been more impressive that any time in his career...

Can we please see Kofi on TV? Its pretty insulting that the US Champ wasn't wrestling at SummerSlam and then wasn't even featured the following night on RAW...

I see WWE giving the US title to Dolph Ziggler. He has been chasing it for a while, and should win it on next weeks Smackdown. He is also the only logical choice on Smackdown right now.

As for the IC title, I think that the Miz or Jack Swagger will win it. It would elevate the Miz, and give him something else to be cocky about. It would also prove that he can compete by himself, not just in a tag team. If Swagger were to win it, it would give him give him more credibility as a main eventer, and the title is a good fit on him with him being the "All American American."

Just my two cents

I see WWE giving the US title to Dolph Ziggler. He has been chasing it for a while, and should win it on next weeks Smackdown. He is also the only logical choice on Smackdown right now.

As for the IC title, I think that the Miz or Jack Swagger will win it. It would elevate the Miz, and give him something else to be cocky about. It would also prove that he can compete by himself, not just in a tag team. If Swagger were to win it, it would give him give him more credibility as a main eventer, and the title is a good fit on him with him being the "All American American."

Just my two cents
You've got the titles confused,dude.Ziggler's gonna get that IC Title,not old ass Finlay,and while Rey's suspended,he'll probably feud with either Morrison,Matt,Mike Knox,or unfortunately,Finlay.Rey getting suspended opens up alot of doors,and I can't stand to see Rey beat up someone as big as Mike Knox.It would never happen,no matter how over he is.But Ziggler is going to have a title match on Smackdown after winning the triple threat on Superstars,he's gonna win,and Rey will be gone for a month.They'll find a way to write him off.As for the US Title,before it gets any prestige,you should ahve you champion on the show always,and you should have PPV matches,not random matches with people who don't even belong there i.e. Primo and Carlito in the 6 pack challenge.Where was Bourne,and why wouldn't they put him in as Big Slow's replacement,now I understand Carlito,but why Primo.But I digress.I see Miz eventually getting the US Title.

The title has to go to Ziggler. The WWE has invested a huge amount of time in pushing this guy, and they've done that well. He's had numerous matches which were of good quality. Entertaining matches they were, and he's gone from an annoying guy who said his name into a solid mid-carder.

But, if he doesn't win the title then his push will be for nothing. He's got a good following, and if he won the title now then he can really push on and establish himself. If he doesn't, he'll fall back into the mix, and if he does eventually win the title then it could be less effective.

Question: Didn't Dolph Ziggler win the Triple Threat match on Superstars last night? Did that mean that he would challenge for the Intercontinental Championship at Breaking Point? With Rey Mysterio's suspension, WWE may have to make a storyline where Ziggler doesn't want to wait until Breaking Point and instead we have the title match at next week's Smackdown. My question is, assuming that Dolph Ziggler wins the title, will we still see an IC Title match at Breaking Point?

But, to be honest, I think that Raw has a much better mid card than Smackdown. Raw actually has real "mid carders", whereas Smackdown has mid carders that can easily become main eventers.

On the Raw side of things, you have Kofi Kingston as the United States Champion. You have The Miz saying that it's only a matter of time before he takes the U.S. Title. And assuming that Carlito will also be added to the list, because he did say that he wanted a rematch. If that happens, then you have a great triple threat fued for the U.S. Championship. You also have other solid mid carders in Chris Masters, Evan Bourne, and Jack Swagger.

On Smackdown, with Rey Mysterio suspended, the next Intercontinental Champion is likely to be Dolph Ziggler. He could have challengers in Matt Hardy or John Morrison, but they can easily be in the main event, especially on Smackdown. R-Truth would have been the best choice had it been a few months ago, Finlay is on a losing streak and has lost to Ziggler many times, who's left?

So, yeah... I'd say that the mid card is pretty good, better than it's been in the past. But it's all WWE's job to make it better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back