Michael Bay: [He] needs to grow up and stop wrestling 300-pound men."

Transformers was phenomenal for what it was,

An all out action film, if anyone went in expecting derivative story telling at its finest, they went to see the wrong film, go see some crap that was nominated for an Oscar like No Country For Old Men (Awful film btw)

Michael bay is a douchebag IMO! Dude should shut the hell up when it comes to talking to the Rock like that. Do a noteworthy movie first Michael Bay before you trash the peoples champion. For god's sake he wants or wanted too take the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and make them aliens.

The Rock is a legend,a true icon in the ring. Yes the upcoming movie Hercules will probably be his biggest to date no doubt there. The rock loves to entertain in the movies as well as in the ring. But yes the rock's time has come and gone as far as being in the squared circle goes.

He is more likely to get hurt in the ring,rather than filming a movie (Where he can use a stunt double as he sees fit). The Rock looked Gassed and really tired in the ring with Cena. I still think the Rock has one more match left in him save it for WM30 clear your calender for next year Rock! But his main day to day job should be acting! (Michael Bay sucks for kicking Megan Fox to the curb BTW)

So... We're all just assuming and accepting that this was an honest comment by Bay? Not a joke? No hint of sarcasm? Not even giving it a tiny bit of a thought?

... Okay.

Honestly, though. Until there's a video of the comment, I'm just going with that it was a joke between friends. It was the premiere of Pain & Gain and one of the flick's main stars wasn't present. Interviewers were probably bringing it up every chance they got, so Bay gave them a joke of an answer to move right along. That's my take on it.

Michael Bay said:
"Wrestling fans, it was a joke said on Entertainment Tonight--with a laugh. You can see the clip for yourselves. The most important person to see the on-air joke was Dwayne. I love seeing The Rock wrestle. I hope he wrestles 10 more years. I joked on air because Dwayne was not at our LA premiere due to his injury."

Good call, SW. Without context the comments came across as terribly snobby, but he was indeed clearly joking. I took the initial post along with Bay's history of douchebaggery and jumped to a conclusion, and clearly I wasn't alone. Simple misunderstanding, and if I were to see Bay I'd apologize, thank him for his Mystery Men cameo, and ask him to stop making movies.

This is another case of a non-wrestling fan making a very stereotypical statement when he should remain silent. If The Rock wants to wrestle "300 lb men" then let him, Mr. Transformer. Dumbass!

There's video of it on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-HIKEqw_-I

It did not at all seem like a joke or a tongue in cheek type of comment. What's more ironic is that he said that The Rock should leave that "teenage stuff behind". Aren't 99% of Bay's movies targeting the same demographic? Is he even aware that Dwayne's grandfather and father, and Dwayne himself, have long standing ties to the wrestling industry?

Douchebag comments by a douchebag.

On a side note, how do you embed youtube vids on this site?

Action film director Michael Bay is quoted in giving The Rock a little advice. Because of undergoing surgery, The Rock was forced to miss the Los Angeles premiere of his current film Pain & Gain.

Michael Bay was in attendance at the premiere and stated in full: "Dwayne's hurt tonight. He was pushing it too hard. [He] needs to grow up and stop wrestling 300-pound men."

As for what's best for Rock's increasingly lucrative film career, Bay is probably right in the sense that he needs to stop wrestling. The Rock's upcoming role as Hercules is arguably his biggest yet. He's the sole real headliner of the film that isn't part of a well known & established brand like GI Joe or The Fast & The Furious. His injury at WM is what a lot of the honchos at the studio feared the most. If he wants to continue wrestling in any way, it might make them pass him over in the future for big roles. Even wrestling one single match a year can potentially lead to serious injury, after all. What bugs me though is that part of his comment obviously seems like a dig at pro wrestling. The "needs to grow up" stuff sounds quite a bit like some of the condescending bullshit you sometimes hear from people who simply aren't fans of wrestling. He's entitled to his opinion, of course, but he's probably more than a little ignorant of pro wrestling as most non-fans are overall.

The "grow up" comment also struck me as a little funny when you consider that Bay's films are usually either weak plotted bloodbaths or CGI driven action films packed with explosions every 30 seconds with little to no real plot at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael Bay is one to talk about "growing up".

Maybe he needs to grow up and make a film with some storyline and substance, rather than just action blow-em-up films for toy lines (like Transformers), and he needs to grow up enough to stand up to Steven Spielberg when Spielberg told Bay to sack Meagan Fox off the "Transformers" films.

The movie "The Wrestler" was an award winning film, which was nominated for Oscars, and that was about wrestling 300-pound men. It also got more awards and accolades than anything Michael Bay has done.

The comment may have been a dig at wrestling, or simply a show of disgust/disappointment that one of his film's stars couldn't make the LA red carpet premiere because, well, he was injured wrestling a near 300 pound man. In either case, Bay can get bent. I'm sure he wasn't upset when his movie was getting pimped and previewed in the middle of numerous episodes of Raw. I'm almost positive that Rocky's attendance at the premiere won't affect the movie's box office receipts either. Based off of his prior history, that's just Bay's style. He kicked Megan Fox to the curb for Transformers 3 because she had the nerve to criticize him, even though she was roughly 90% off the reason to watch any of those. The dude is a wiener, and I think I've exhausted more words on him and his snotty comment than either deserve.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bay is upset that the Rock missed the LA premiere. The Rock also missed episodes of "Raw" to promote Bay's movie, so what goes around comes around.

Now Bay can experience the disappointment the wrestling fans felt when they found out the WWE Champion, The Rock, would not make an appearance on "Raw" that night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back