Metal Gear Solid 4

Freddy4190

Championship Contender
Playing it for the first time. It's supposed to be amazing or something? I played God of War III for the first time today as well, pretty excellent game.

Akin to modern art it is amazing—or at least has the potential to be—if you know what your looking at.

I have never played any of the MGS games, and so I just don't really want to drop the $20 on a game that I have no idea of why it's supposed to be awesome.

I tried playing MGS 4 yesterday actually. I watched about an hour of cut scenes before I got some action. Then another cut scene came on, so I turned off the game.

I've owned it for 5 months and only played it once so far. I don't know why but my interest wasn't sparked from the beginning.

Yeah. I got bored, really fast. It didn't seem that cool to me either. I tried being stealthy and failed MISERABLY. The suit was sweet though. That kept my attention for a while..

I liked the first 3 on the Playstation but 4 kinda sucked. I never beat it before I sold my PS3 and that was one of the few reasons I even got it. I really hope the new one coming out on the 360 doesn't suck.

MGS4 was one of the reasons I was drawn to a PS3, but the fact that getting an Xbox was so much cheaper when the majority of the games on the PS3, I could get there, I converted.

That being said, Metal Gear Solid 3 was such a brilliant game, 2 was alright but not as great as 3.

It was alright, but it wasn't as good as MSG3. I got bored of the cut scenes too. I heard a movie was in the making with Christian Bale playing Snake.

MGS 4 is a really good game if you can sit through all of the cutscenes and know the Metal Gear Solid history.

I started playing it, didn't understand the story at all, ended up buying MGS 1, 2 & 3 before going back to 4.

I'm finally playing God of War III now too. Just beat Hercules. Where are you in the game?

I just started pretty much. Last thing I did was beat Hades. My fucking PS3's hard disk crashed earlier today. Corrupted, it said. Had to re-do it, so now ALL my save data's gone. Huge bummer. Didn't think to back anything up either. So gonna restart everything, re-download my patches and add-ons, etc.

That sucks hard man. My 3 was acting up and freezing every once in a while. It appears to be working fine now, hope you're does too.

Whats your PSN ID? We'll game sometime.

It was alright, but it wasn't as good as MSG3. I got bored of the cut scenes too. I heard a movie was in the making with Christian Bale playing Snake.

I'm a huge MGS fan and a huge Bale fan, but him as Solid Snake? No thanks? Are they considering him based on his Batman voice or something? I spose, Michael Cain is considered for Otacon?

I mean, just based on facial features, Russel Crowe would be a better option for Solid Snake, or Hugh Jackman, maybe, but not Bale. I just can't see it.

Maybe i should get a photo of a bearded Bale and just slap a grey bit of card over his forehead and stare really hard, and then maybe i'll get it.

As for the game itself? If you can get past the hours and hours worth of cutscenes, it's definitely worth playing through. Even if it's just for the tranq sniper rifle which has drugged ammo which causes guards to succumb to rage, laughter, sorrow and fear.

Plus it's fun to save all the rebels, and then send them on ahead to draw out the actual guards and them pick them off from a distance.

And i have to say the bosses in MGS4 are pretty good with the exception of the final two, especially when you......

fight Ocelot in Metal Gear Ray, in the Metal Gear Rex from MGS1

So i'd say if anyone's wondering whether they should bother or not, give it one more shot and skip all the cutscenes.

I'm a huge MGS fan and a huge Bale fan, but him as Solid Snake? No thanks? Are they considering him based on his Batman voice or something? I spose, Michael Cain is considered for Otacon?

I mean, just based on facial features, Russel Crowe would be a better option for Solid Snake, or Hugh Jackman, maybe, but not Bale. I just can't see it.

Maybe i should get a photo of a bearded Bale and just slap a grey bit of card over his forehead and stare really hard, and then maybe i'll get it.

I think he actually said that he was going to be in the castings for the role..and I do not know why he has to have gray beard. He can play a younger version.

There will never be a Metal Gear Solid movie. Way too hard to put together for the general audience.

Fred, I'm now at The Caverns past Hera's garden. Wait until you fight Cronos. Coolest boss fight ever. It's a solid mix of different styles of gameplay to keep it fresh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back