**MERGED** WWE DVD Discussion & Review Thread (Keep it in here!)

What dvd concept is the best for the fans

• Best Of

• Anthology Volumes

• Create Your Own DVD through past shows and PPV's

• Keep it as is

Results are only viewable after voting.
Has anyone else watched The Best of Monday Nitro vol 2 yet? I have to say that even though they leave a lot out I enjoy the sets the release on WCW. it is very nostalgic to watch those old matches. This one had Goldberg's first win against Hugh Morris which was cool to see again. It featured Randy Savage quite a lot, and DDP, who hosted it again even told a story about him and Savage and payed tribute to him. I thought that was a classy move on DDP and WWE's part. The last Nitro title match between Steiner and Booker T is also on this one. What did anyone else who saw it think? Does anyone know of any plans to do a third one?

DDP said they still have loads of great footage still to put on DVD so if the first two have made money I'd be amazed if they didn't.

Being from the UK I never really knew anything about WCW and always thought of it as the weak relation to the Fed even during the Monday Night Wars when WCW was on top in the ratings (which I didn't know). So these DVDs have been really great for me to fill in on the history of a lot of superstars. And DDP is a great host. I loved that anecdote about Macho Man too.

-I was wondering from you fans what possible anthology sets would you like WWE to release
-What would be some individual talents multiple disc sets would you fans like to see
-Would it be a good idea if VKM isn't sure certain non-wwe anthology sets would sell well to have those available only on wweshop.com

Has anyone seen the new Mick Foley dvd? This is an example of a really well done WWE dvd. The bio is great, and really shows the passion Mick has for the business. The match listing is great as well. I love the old WCW matches. Just wondered what other opinions are of this one? Next up is Best of In Your house. This is another I have been looking forward to and would like to hear some opinions on that one as well.

Me and my friend just finished the Documentary segment of For All Mankind. He is a huge Foley fan, he was his favourite wrestler and found the documentary a great ride and well put together. I, I admit, wasn't a huge Foley fan but I did find him entertaining. This DVD has changed some of my opinion on him and what he went through in the early stages of his career is quite amazing. Overall I greatly enjoyed the Doc part of it, and will be watching the matches tomorrow/later today. Would recommend to any Foley fan or non fan.

Looking to see if anyone has watched The Best of In Your House? I like to see what others think of the WWE DVD/BluRays. I just got it and started the first disc and got to the second match up of HBK vs Jeff Jarrett for the IC title. A great underrated match that if you haven't seen I recommend it highly. I will watch the rest in the next few days. What does everyone else think?

The new Foley DVD is fantastic, great value, even if you don't particularly love Foley it almost tells the story of pro wrestling over the last 20-odd years from an interesting perspective.

The Barbed Wire City film is also a really good watch, not as good as Rise and Fall of ECW but again it tells the story from a different perspective. New Jack is full value as usual, the effing nutter.

I am a Wrestling fan here in the UKnand own a vast collection of WWE and TNA DVD's and the UK's number 1 place to buy wrestling DVD's, silvervision.co.uk is being closed down. So now i ask the question, is there any other good websites or shops that i can get wrestling dvd's from here in the UK ?

I just watched the 2013 HoF, and I wondered. "How in the hell has Booker T. never has a DVD release?!?!" 20+ years in the biz, spent 9 of the last 11 years in the top or close to the top of the card. plus the 9 years or so of WCW. The Jail time, top 10 all time tag team with Stevie Ray, the Hogan/Jarrett incident where he got the WCW title, the move to WWF, so on and so on. you could get a solid 2 hours of a documentary from him.

I'd buy it.

I just watched the 2013 HoF, and I wondered. "How in the hell has Booker T. never has a DVD release?!?!" 20+ years in the biz, spent 9 of the last 11 years in the top or close to the top of the card. plus the 9 years or so of WCW. The Jail time, top 10 all time tag team with Stevie Ray, the Hogan/Jarrett incident where he got the WCW title, the move to WWF, so on and so on. you could get a solid 2 hours of a documentary from him.

I'd buy it.

I actually just watched the HOF last night, and yes you are right Booker defintiely should have a dvd. This was actually one of the better HOf's actually. Bob Backlund really fun to watch. Was also great to hear from Bruno. Back to what you said though, Bokker would make an excellent dvd. Seems like a great wrestling success story. Anyone else think this would make a great dvd?

Booker has presented DVD's before but never actually had one of his own. Would certainly be interesting but maybe WWE haven't got round to it since he joined back from TNA lol

A part of me is glad he hasn't had a Bio DVD done because when they do them 75% through, then you will have to but another one. I love HBK but if you only have 2-3 years left, just wait for the DVD till you're done. CM Punk has 5+ years left so and the last 10 years have been so interesting, his Bio doesn't bug me that much. Stone Cold has 3 Bios I believe...

Also, Vince Russo has come in to do DVD interviews recently for WWE, they could get his side of the HH/JJ title match at BatB 00, along with Booker...

I just finished watching the top 25 rivalries in Wrestling history dvd. Overall, I think it was a pretty decent list.. however, I was really disappointed that 2 feuds in particular weren't on the list:

- nWo vs. WCW. How the HELL did this not make the list!? One of the best rivalries of all time...

- Bret vs. Owen. By far (IMO) the best brother vs. brother feud. It was awesome, plain and simple. A lot better than cena/punk or cena/edge which made the list, amongst some other. Not only should it have made the list, but I think it should have been top 10.

Anyone agree? Disagree? Thoughts on the dvd?

I just finished watching the top 25 rivalries in Wrestling history dvd. Overall, I think it was a pretty decent list.. however, I was really disappointed that 2 feuds in particular weren't on the list:

- nWo vs. WCW. How the HELL did this not make the list!? One of the best rivalries of all time...

- Bret vs. Owen. By far (IMO) the best brother vs. brother feud. It was awesome, plain and simple. A lot better than cena/punk or cena/edge which made the list, amongst some other. Not only should it have made the list, but I think it should have been top 10.

Anyone agree? Disagree? Thoughts on the dvd?

I was finally able to buy the greatest rivalry dvd, and I also thought it was a good list as far as WWE lists go, and I agree with you that Bret/Owen should have been on the list. One that they left off that was absolutely criminal was Sting/Ric Flair. They did have Ricky Steamboat/Flair on there, but there is no reason why Flair/Sting should have been left off. I am sure there were others that they missed, but that one was the most obvious to me. I will say though that this was a good dvd release, and the best of Wargames is next which should be another great one. Anything they release that is WCW is always fun to watch for me.

Not sure how many people will see this, but we all talk about various dvd that are released by WWE. Sometimes we hate them or think that they leave something out, and sometimes we really like the product being put out. CM Punk's dvd is one that is usually spoken pretty positively about. I just wanted to ask everyone that posts in this thread what their favorite WWE release dvd is their absolute favorite? For me there are a lot, but I will mention the one that sticks in my mind the most. The Best of WCW Monday Nitro vol 1 and 2. There are tons of other that I liked, but with these two dvds I got to relive moments that we don't get to see anymore. I like all of the dvds that are released about WCW, but this series was my favorite. What are some of the ones you guys like the best?

WAR GAMES... WCWs MOST NOTORIOUS MATCHES DVD

According to WWEDVDNEWS.COM here is the sneak peak match listing for the WWE "War Games - WCW's Most Notorious Matches" DVD DVD/Blu-Ray.

DISC 1

Creating the War Games

War Games Match
The Super Powers (Dusty Rhodes, The Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff & Paul Ellering) vs. The Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, Lex Luger, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard & J.J. Dillon)
Great American Bash - Atlanta, GA * July 4, 1987

Great American Bash On Tour

War Games Match
Dusty Rhodes, The Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff & Paul Ellering vs. The Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, Lex Luger, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard) & The War Machine
Great American Bash - Miami, FL * July 31, 1987

A Different Type of Animal

Tower of Doom Match
The Road Warriors, "Dr. Death" Steve Williams, Ron Garvin & Jimmy Garvin vs. Kevin Sullivan, Mike Rotunda, Al Perez, Russian Assassin & Ivan Koloff
Great American Bash * July 10, 1988

Brutality

War Games Match
Dusty Rhodes, Lex Luger, Nikita Koloff, "Dr. Death" Steve Williams & Paul Ellering vs. The Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, Barry Windham, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard & J.J. Dillon)
Great American Bash Tour - Greensboro, NC * July 16, 1988

Live Events

War Games Match
The Road Warriors, The Midnight Express & "Dr. Death" Steve Williams vs. The Fabulous Freebirds & The Samoan Swat Team
Great American Bash * July 23, 1989

DISC 2

Getting Replaced

War Games Match
The Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, Sid Vicious, Barry Windham & Larry Zbyszko) vs. Sting, Brian Pillman, & The Steiner Brothers
WCW WrestleWar * February 24, 1991

Talent Change

War Games Match
Sting's Squadron (Sting, Nikita Koloff, Dustin Rhodes, Ricky Steamboat & Barry Windham) vs. The Dangerous Alliance (Arn Anderson, Bobby Eaton, Steve Austin, Larry Zbyszko & Rick Rude)
WCW WrestleWar * May 17, 1992

The Almighty Dollar

War Games Match
Sting, Davey Boy Smith, Dustin Rhodes & The Shockmaster vs. Sid Vicious, Vader & Harlem Heat
WCW Fall Brawl * September 19, 1993

A Really Special Night

War Games Match
Dusty Rhodes, Dustin Rhodes & The Nasty Boys vs. Terry Funk, Arn Anderson, Bunkhouse Buck & Colonel Robert Parker
WCW Fall Brawl * September 18, 1994

DISC 3

Pride in Their Product

War Games Match
The Hulkamaniacs (Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Lex Luger & Sting) vs. The Dungeon of Doom (Kamala the Ugandan Giant, The Zodiac, The Shark & Meng)
WCW Fall Brawl * September 17, 1995

Glimmer of a Fire

War Games Match
Team nWo ("Hollywood" Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash & A Mystery Partner) vs. Team WCW (Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Lex Luger & Sting)
WCW Fall Brawl * September 15, 1996

Pulling Out Every Stop

War Games Match
Team nWo (Kevin Nash, Buff Bagwell, Syxx & Konnan) vs. The Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, Steve McMichael, Chris Benoit & Curt Hennig)
WCW Fall Brawl * September 14, 1997

The Talent Made The War Games

War Games Match
Team WCW (Diamond Dallas Page, Roddy Piper & The Warrior) vs. Team Hollywood ("Hollywood" Hulk Hogan, Stevie Ray & Bret Hart) vs. Team Wolfpac (Kevin Nash, Sting & Lex Luger)
WCW Fall Brawl * September 13, 1998

The End of the War Games

War Games 2000 Match
Sting, Booker T, Goldberg & KroniK vs. Kevin Nash, Jeff Jarrett, Scott Steiner & The Harris Brothers
WCW Monday Nitro * September 4, 2000

The Main Event

Blu-Ray EXCLUSIVES

Rage in the Cage Match
Brian Lee, Jimmy Golden, Ricky Morton, Robert Fuller & Robert Gibson vs. Kevin Sullivan, Killer Kyle, The Tazmaniac , Stan Lane & Tom Prichard
Smoky Mountain Wrestling: Volunteer Slam II * May 9, 1993

Ultimate Jeopardy Steel Cage Match
Tommy Dreamer, Public Enemy & The Pitbulls vs. Raven, Stevie Richards, The Eliminators & The Heavenly Bodies
ECW December to Dismember * December 9, 1995

Ultimate Jeopardy Steel Cage Match
Buh Buh Ray Dudley, D-Von Dudley & Mustafa Saed vs. New Jack, Axl Rotten & Balls Mahoney
ECW CyberSlam * April 3, 1999

*WWE ACTUALLY PUTS CHRIS BENOIT ON A DVD THE 1997 WAR GAMES BETWEEN THE N.W.O & 4 HORSEMEN IS INCLUDED ON THE DVD*

*WWE ACTUALLY PUTS CHRIS BENOIT ON A DVD THE 1997 WAR GAMES BETWEEN THE N.W.O & 4 HORSEMEN IS INCLUDED ON THE DVD*

He has been on a few, the Elimination Chamber collection comes to mind.. and there is still edited commentary during his match too..

I never thought I would be saying this as I loved Wargames as a kid. After watching the dvd the match seemed to be a bit of a cluster at times and very anticlimactic. I am not saying the matches were horrible. In fact I quite liked the 97 one with the Hennig turn. 91 is another that I really liked upon watching it again. The first two were good as well. Overall though I thought the matches were much better as a kid. I noticed that Arn Anderson is quite the wargames ironman. He started out each match he was in. It was great reliving these matches though.

I never thought I would be saying this as I loved Wargames as a kid. After watching the dvd the match seemed to be a bit of a cluster at times and very anticlimactic. I am not saying the matches were horrible. In fact I quite liked the 97 one with the Hennig turn. 91 is another that I really liked upon watching it again. The first two were good as well. Overall though I thought the matches were much better as a kid. I noticed that Arn Anderson is quite the wargames ironman. He started out each match he was in. It was great reliving these matches though.

Funny how that is, isn't it? I remember as a kid I was into every match and thought just the idea of getting a PPV was amazing, and I loved every second of it. Of course...there was only 4-5 PPVs back then. Now as an rewatch them as an adult, they don't have anywhere close to the same allure.

I am a WWE fan and a dvd collector just to give you guys an idea of what type of fan I am
IMO and alot that work in the entertainment industry from a mangerial positions believe WWE to be considered not a mid-B entertainment company must change their dvd biz
No other entertainment company that sells dvd's have as much edits as WWE does
WWE is the only company that has "Best Of" which is a failed concept in the late 90's and I will breakdown the numbers later in the post
Whether you are a WWE loyalist or not box sets is the way to go and for those who disagree just look online or go to their local FYE or Best Buy and they will see the section of season's or box sets have doubled in the last decade
As far as the box sets are concerned WWE made the biggest mistake you can by releasing a few volumes part of a soon to be complete set but never finished the set as in Survivor Series

Lets breakdown Best Of vs Anthology:
Best Of if you release for argument sake two volumes and each volume sells 120,00 units and by industry standards Best Of will only maximize a potential 70% of sales of that series
Anthology Sets if you break it down to five seperate volumes which normally sell 110,000 units and that an average because some of those volumes may sell as much as 150,000 units and it maximizes 100% potential of that series
Best Of 240,000 Units vs Anthology Volumes 550,000 Units
Pricing would be Best Of $25 vs Anthology Volumes $55
Fans do the math and anthology volumes do sell alot more

Here are my ideas to improve dvd sales:
Fans of Best Of can still be sold in stores and online
Anthology volumes for material can be sold online at WWE Shop
WWE be creative and create a build your own dvd where fans can purchase shows and ppv's in their original entirety

So fans what would you like for dvd's

Has anyone watched ECW UNreleased vol 2 yet? I am through the first two discs, and this one really gave me some good matches that I have never seen before. If anyone has seen it leave some reviews if you have time.

I am a WWE fan and a dvd collector just to give you guys an idea of what type of fan I am
IMO and alot that work in the entertainment industry from a mangerial positions believe WWE to be considered not a mid-B entertainment company must change their dvd biz
No other entertainment company that sells dvd's have as much edits as WWE does
WWE is the only company that has "Best Of" which is a failed concept in the late 90's and I will breakdown the numbers later in the post
Whether you are a WWE loyalist or not box sets is the way to go and for those who disagree just look online or go to their local FYE or Best Buy and they will see the section of season's or box sets have doubled in the last decade
As far as the box sets are concerned WWE made the biggest mistake you can by releasing a few volumes part of a soon to be complete set but never finished the set as in Survivor Series

Lets breakdown Best Of vs Anthology:
Best Of if you release for argument sake two volumes and each volume sells 120,00 units and by industry standards Best Of will only maximize a potential 70% of sales of that series
Anthology Sets if you break it down to five seperate volumes which normally sell 110,000 units and that an average because some of those volumes may sell as much as 150,000 units and it maximizes 100% potential of that series
Best Of 240,000 Units vs Anthology Volumes 550,000 Units
Pricing would be Best Of $25 vs Anthology Volumes $55
Fans do the math and anthology volumes do sell alot more

Here are my ideas to improve dvd sales:
Fans of Best Of can still be sold in stores and online
Anthology volumes for material can be sold online at WWE Shop
WWE be creative and create a build your own dvd where fans can purchase shows and ppv's in their original entirety

So fans what would you like for dvd's

You and I have talked about this before. I am still mad that they never finished the Survivor Series Anthology as 97,98, and 99 are not even available that I know of on single dvds. I think Anthology sets are the way to go. The create your own dvd seems like a good idea, but I think it would be a lot of work for them. For that reason I can't see that becoming an option. Anthology sets are a better option that the best of sets though.

Not sure how many people will see this, but we all talk about various dvd that are released by WWE. Sometimes we hate them or think that they leave something out, and sometimes we really like the product being put out. CM Punk's dvd is one that is usually spoken pretty positively about. I just wanted to ask everyone that posts in this thread what their favorite WWE release dvd is their absolute favorite? For me there are a lot, but I will mention the one that sticks in my mind the most. The Best of WCW Monday Nitro vol 1 and 2. There are tons of other that I liked, but with these two dvds I got to relive moments that we don't get to see anymore. I like all of the dvds that are released about WCW, but this series was my favorite. What are some of the ones you guys like the best?

My top three based on story alone are, Y2J's dvd, You Think You Know Me: Edge and CM Punk: Best in the World with Shawn Michaels: Heartbreak and Triumph as an honorable mention

My top three based on story alone are, Y2J's dvd, You Think You Know Me: Edge and CM Punk: Best in the World with Shawn Michaels: Heartbreak and Triumph as an honorable mention

Those are probably some of my favorites as far as superstar dvds go. Jericho's was a long time coming and they covered his career very well. I just finished vol 2 of ECW unreleased and it showed me a lot of matches I hadn't seen before. I am very excited for the Goldberg dvd. Not that I am a huge fan of him, but I want to see how well they cover his career. It should be a good trip down memory lane.

If you are a fan of wrestling which we all are i strongly recommend The Legends of Mid South Wrestling dvd. This is one promotion I didn't know too much about, and it really gives a good background on the wrestlers before going into the match featuring that superstar. I never realized how big of a star The Junkyard Dog was. Another thing I found interesting was the heel Hacksaw Jim Duggan. He was nothing like the goofy two by four wielding USA chanting face we all know from WWE. Great stuff on this dvd and imo is a must have for any wrestling fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back