*MERGED* WWE Ask a Question Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On ECW, Striker is always calling Swagger a 2 time All American.
What exactly is a All American?

It's a distinction in collegiate sports that marks you as among the best in your particular sport. In NCAA, which is where Swagger (under his real name, Jake Hager) competed, the distinction is earned by being among the top 8 placers in national championship tournaments. So, essentially, it meant that in two years, he was among the best eight amateur wrestlers in college wrestling.

I have been monitoring and tracking all the WWE and TNA ratings on a weekly basis, since Slyfox posted them.

However, all the newsboards have apparently missed (or in the very least, I have gone back and can not find a record of them) the ratings for the May 15th Smackdown and the May 21st Superstars. Does anybody have them, or is there a way to get them?

Thanks.

I have been monitoring and tracking all the WWE and TNA ratings on a weekly basis, since Slyfox posted them.

However, all the newsboards have apparently missed (or in the very least, I have gone back and can not find a record of them) the ratings for the May 15th Smackdown and the May 21st Superstars. Does anybody have them, or is there a way to get them?

Thanks.

I couldnt find the rating for 5/15/09 SD but I found Superstars rating 0.8

http://www.gerweck.net/news/1243358711.shtml

Does the WWE still have that policy "three strikes and you're out?" And If so how many strikesdoes Orton have?I'm pretty sure he has 2.

Yes the WWE still has that policy with the three strikers and you're out (fired). I believe Randy has one strike for a Wellness violation. He got another suspension a while back but it is not considered a strike because it was not a wellness violation.

it might take a while to get to the question but this is a "yes or no" question...don't give me an infraction coz i can't afford another one of them :icon_razz:

first, my reason: I watch wwe tv through skysports 3 and i can say they have a very good weekly schedule(the times might suck coz of the time difference since i live in beirut, lebanon) until when it comes to PPVs...they play one yes, one no

since i've been following wwe tv religiously since january 2008, these are the PPVs they played:no way out, backlash, one night stand, the great american bash, unforgiven and cyber sunday but it is not 100% that they will air it coz they might air live football(soccer), cricket, golf or other sports instead...when they air PPVs for free, they usually air them on sunday late at night and repeat it on monday at 11 pm here in lebanon

so here is my question: does the wwe know that sky sports, who has been playing wwe shows for a long time, is cheating the concept of PPVs by playing one yes, one no?

Sky Sports 3 plays half the PPVs due to an agreement with WWE to only charge for half of them. This is because wrestling isn't as popular in the UK, so only the biggest PPVs and a couple of random ones like No Mercy, Armageddon and Judgement Day are actually pay to watch.

Question: When did Jeff Hardy start with this facepainting? And, why?

He did it right around the time he was getting seriously involved in the WWE Championship scene around Survivor Series of last year. As far as I know, he never gave any official reason on it, other than it made him look different, and he was supposedly more "extreme" when he put it on. It's just a little character twist, really.

Just to add onto that, I personally, and I know others think that it had to do with the character of "The Joker" from the Batman franchise, and the WWE trying to market off the film "The Dark Knight" that had done well in theaters.

This is kinda pointless but I've always wondered this....Why did Shawn Michaels start wearing those chaps instead of his classic tights. The tights always made him look more bad-assed and made him look like he's in better shape. When he wears those chaps he looks older and not as athletic. I know this is stupid but I wish he'd go back to the classic tights..

I've heard the reason Owen Hart isn't in the HOF and has never had a DVD released is becuase his wife got the rights to his name and image as part of her wrongful death lawsuit settlement against WWE, and has said she will not allow WWE to make any money of him so won't release the rights to them. Is there any truth in this?

This is kinda pointless but I've always wondered this....Why did Shawn Michaels start wearing those chaps instead of his classic tights. The tights always made him look more bad-assed and made him look like he's in better shape. When he wears those chaps he looks older and not as athletic. I know this is stupid but I wish he'd go back to the classic tights..

I didn't like when HBK switched to the pants from the tights, but it's because he lost muscle mass in his legs from all the knee surgeries and it was noticeable when he wore tights, but I still miss the heart tights, maybe in his last match or something he might wear them, but otherwise we are stuck with the pants.

I've heard the reason Owen Hart isn't in the HOF and has never had a DVD released is becuase his wife got the rights to his name and image as part of her wrongful death lawsuit settlement against WWE, and has said she will not allow WWE to make any money of him so won't release the rights to them. Is there any truth in this?

I believe this is infact true. He would have already been in the HOF and had a DVD released if it wasn't

I think it's not her owning the rights, it's because she blames WWE for his death and she does refuse them to make money on him. Basically she doesn't want anymore associations between Owen and the WWE, I did read that she also seperated herself from Hart family members who still worked for the WWE at the time as well.

This is what I found on good reliable wiki:
wiki said:
Hart left behind a widow, Martha, and two children, Oje Edward and Athena Christy. Three weeks after the event, the Hart family sued the World Wrestling Federation (WWF) over how dangerous and poorly planned the stunt was, and that the harness system was defective.[53] After over a year and a half into the case, a settlement was reached on November 2, 2000, which saw the WWF give the Hart family $18 million that was distributed among the Hart family.[54][55][56] The manufacturer of the harness system was also a defendant against the Hart family, but they were dismissed from the case after the settlement was reached.[53][54] Martha used the funds to establish the Owen Hart Foundation.[57] Martha wrote a book about Hart's life in 2002 called Broken Harts: The Life and Death of Owen Hart.[4]

on wwe.com they have a unsolved mysteries section and they have the story about the masked vigillante that would storm the ring in the weeks leading up to wrestlemania VII. i was curious who that was? i think mabey hogan????

I read a JR's BBQ blog a few weeks back regarding jeff's facepaint. Apparantly he's trying to send a message within each design. Jr said he wasn't smart enough to figure them out and I must say, neither am I but that's the story anyway.

I think there was one occasion he had Joker paint on as a promotional thing... a bit like Rey had a Joker mask at Wrestlemania.

The masked man around the time of WM 7 was Brutus Beefcake. Allegedly his name was going to be the Mariner but nothing ever came of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back