**Merged** Miz MITB contract Discussion - ALL IN HERE

Do you think Miz will be seccesful in cashing in MITB

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
IMO, I think his gonna cash it in after the elimination chamber, if his not in it of course ;)
or after survivor series when Barret has the title and Cena helps him win it beacause of the stipulation that Cena is released from Nexus and then attacks Barret and Miz seizes the oppurtunity and cashes it in.
But think about it it's like 5 months left now until wrestlemania... unless he can cash it in on wrestlemania?

A few of you guys seem to be confused. I don't know where this "he has to cash in by wrestlemania" thing started, but they specifically said he has one year to cash it in. That's July 18th, 2011. That's 9 months. He has plenty of time. They could very well wait until after Wrestlemania.

It has been 7 months since wrestlemania and at every paper view since then i think his goning to cash it in but he hasnt i might just be inpatient but i think he wont cash it in untill january or so next year because i dont think his ready for the world title yet

Sir, he didn't win it at Wrestlemania, he won it at the 'Money in the Bank' PPV. Well, if im wrong, kill me.:confused:

Anyway, I agree with the person that said if he dosen't succeed when he cashes in he will end up doing better in the long run.
Also, i think it may be against Barrett, after he had beaten Orton (/w Cena). After the match, Miz, along with Riley, come to cash in, the bell is rung, but then the Nexus come sprinting down the ramp, and stop the cover on Barrett. This is what I think will happen.

Sir, he didn't win it at Wrestlemania, he won it at the 'Money in the Bank' PPV. Well, if im wrong, kill me.:confused:

Anyway, I agree with the person that said if he dosen't succeed when he cashes in he will end up doing better in the long run.
Also, i think it may be against Barrett, after he had beaten Orton (/w Cena). After the match, Miz, along with Riley, come to cash in, the bell is rung, but then the Nexus come sprinting down the ramp, and stop the cover on Barrett. This is what I think will happen.

I was thinking the same thing, only I'm thinking Cena will keep the rest of Nexus from interfering. The Miz cashes in successfully. And then they say Cena has to stay in Nexus because the stipulation was if Barrett walked out of Survivor Series the champion then Cena was out of Nexus. I'm not sure exactly how the stipulation was worded, but I think this would be the best possible outcome. It furthers the Cena/Nexus angle. Both Miz and Barrett win their first world title. Randy Orton gets a chance to win the title again. Cena gets MASSIVE sympathy.

I am kind of hoping that the Miz will lose his champions ship match so he can have something to complain about.

Also off topics you should check out www.points2shop.com it is a great site where you can get wwe dvds for doing surveys. Please check it out!

DMAN its crazy how wrong we have all been (I know I havent posted on this thread b4) but who would have thought that the miz would be sitting on MITB, with orton has champ, now and with HH comming back soon, either one or two thing happen

1. BARRETT takes the title and miz cashes in, maybe at SS maybe not...(hold on has it been 3 months yet for randy?)

2. MIZ is gonna be the first to lose his MITB title match.

It would be foolish for Miz not to win the title with his contract. He is a big time player and we're yet to see him in any recent PPV main events. His character is made for main events and I think it won't be long before he slips into the main card. I personally want to see a collaberation of Miz with the Nexus.
He will win the title, maybe not from Orton, but he will.

I'VE HAD DISCUSSIONS WITH FRIENDS CONCERNING THE MIZ AND HIS MITB CONTRACT AND I'VE COME TO ONE CONCLUSION, MIZ IS CURRENTLY IN AN AWKWARD SITUATION ON RAW. HE HAS BECOME A TOP HEEL ON RAW ALONG WITH WADE BARRETT. THE QUESTION NOW BECOMES WHO DO YOU GIVE THE WWE TITLE TO FIRST? I DON'T THINK MIZ SHOULD BE THE FIRST TO CASH IN THE BRIEFCASE AND LOSE. WHAT I THINK SHOULD HAPPEN IS THIS......

IN TWO WEEKS, AT THE SURVIVOR SERIES, RANDY ORTON WILL FACE WADE BARRETT FOR THE WWE TITLE WITH JOHN CENA AS SPECIAL GUESS REFEREE.

a) HAVE RANDY ORTON LOSE THE TITLE TO WADE BARRETT.

b) HAVE JOHN CENA ATTACK WADE BARRETT AFTER THE MATCH (REMEMBER JOHN CENA IS FREE OF NEXUS IF WADE BARRETT WINS THE TITLE).

c) HAVE THE MIZ COME DOWN AND CASH HIS MITB CONTRACT WITH JOHN CENA STILL AS REFEREE.

d) HAVE MIZ WIN THE TITLE.

YOU WOULD BE KILLING TWO BIRDS WITH ONE STONE AND THE FEUD POSSIBITIES WOULD BE ENDLESS.

I'm not going to quote the poster above me due to the craziness in playing with font size, but that scenario seems to be a common one that people are predicting or hoping for. Unfortunately, the problem with that scenario (and I also mentioned this in another thread so I apologize for doubling up) is:

1. Why would the rest of the nexus sit idly by and allow the miz to steal the championship right after Barrett won it?

2. Even if by some chance miz did cash in and win the title after that match (not going to happen), now what? A feud between miz and barrett? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I really expect Miz to cash in the Money in the Bank at Survivor Series against Barrett after he defeats Orton for the title. However, for the past 7 times the Title has been won by the MITB winner and Miz could be the one to lose it. If things go as they seem I expect Orton to lose the title to Barrett from Cena accidently costing him the match and unhappily making the three count. Cena then attacks Barrett and lays him out. Miz comes out and cashes in the MITB and is about to get the win but Riley turns on him and attacks Miz. Barrett gets back to his senses and finshes Miz to retain the title, revealing that Riley has been a part of Nexus as backup to keep tabs on Miz and his MITB contract. Riley defects to Nexus and throws on a shirt as he celebrates with the new World Champion Barrett. This keeps the title on Barrett and causes for Miz to start a slow face turn headed to Mania and Rumble where he finally gets his chance at the World Title legitametly winning it.

Miz won't be cashing in on another heel...

For him to cash in, a babyface or face needs to be champ. If he cashes in and beats a heel, there is no real heat generated. As someone else on here has said, think back to Swagger vs Y2J.

I for one fully expect Miz to cash in money in the bank on Sunday and become the new champ. They just hyped the hell out of this thing on Monday and we all know Cena ain't going nowhere which means the likelyhood of him turning heel on sunday is about as likely as the Cowboys going to the Super Bowl this year. Barrett will win a clean match only to get the crap kicked out of him by Cena and Miz will then take advantage and become the new champ. The writing has actually been on the wall for quite some time now.

Whoever says that Miz wouldn't get enough heat from cashing in on a heel just isn't thinking about it correctly.

I feel like the writers missed a huge opportunity to make the Miz a MEGA HEEL and tie up all the Nexus loose ends all at once at SS..

Miz comes down to ringside with the case during the match to intimidate Orton and divide his attention. Orton is distracted allowing Barrett to win clean without Cena cheating for him, and Cena calls it fair and counts the pin for Barrett, thus freeing himself from the Nexus. Cena goes after Barrett and the rest of Nexus hits the ring, resulting in a brawl between Cena/Orton and Nexus. Cena and Orton eventually clean house and beat up Barrett, leaving him in the ring. Miz walks in with the briefcase, calls for the ref to come down. Barrett struggles to his feet while the crowd goes crazy watching Miz jump around waiting for the match to start. Barrett gets up, ref rings the bell...

and Miz walks over and hugs Barrett. The two smile and celebrate, the rest of the Nexus hits the ring, and Barrett lays down for the Miz and hands him the title. The "bigger picture" that the Nexus has been plotting the entire time was to make sure that the Miz won with his MITB title shot. Miz is revealed as the force behind Nexus, making him a Hoganesque heel leader of a mega faction. Optionally, the Cole as GM teases could also be tied in, explaining the GM's role in the entire plot and making Cole a Bischoff like heel manager/matchmaker.

The Nexus war with Cena intensifies, only now with Cena and Orton both chasing the Miz for the strap. TONS of possibilities there, with an eventual Barrett turn on Miz down the road setting up a feud between the two of them, potentially for the strap.

Also gives Riley a program if he stays on the roster after his arrest, as he can join Nexus with the other rookies.

Yea, it's a bit of an NWO re-write, but it would be a HELL of a way to get the Miz the most heat possible off of the briefcase and tie in all the other angles at the same time.

Now that SS has passed and Miz is still Mr. Money in the Bank, I've been wondering. I certainly don't think Miz will be the first to lose his contract. That's really stupid considering how they've pushed him.

What I'm wondering, is if they're actually going to have Miz be the first to use it at Wrestlemania. 1 or 2 of the MITB holders have made the claim that they were going to wait until the grandest stage of all to do it. With only one big pay per view left before WM, do you really see Miz cashing it in at the rumble?

Miz walks in with the briefcase, calls for the ref to come down. Barrett struggles to his feet while the crowd goes crazy watching Miz jump around waiting for the match to start. Barrett gets up, ref rings the bell...and Miz walks over and hugs Barrett. The two smile and celebrate, the rest of the Nexus hits the ring, and Barrett lays down for the Miz and hands him the title. The "bigger picture" that the Nexus has been plotting the entire time was to make sure that the Miz won with his MITB title shot. Miz is revealed as the force behind Nexus, making him a Hoganesque heel leader of a mega faction. The Nexus war with Cena intensifies, only now with Cena and Orton both chasing the Miz for the strap.

Ugh. No offense but absolutely horrendous idea. I know some people on here are in love with the miz, but come on, keep your emotions in check for a moment. You really want to have the whole point behind nexus to get the title on the miz? That is the higher purpose? That makes absolutely no sense.

First, Barrett playing second fiddle to the miz? I just can't see that. Why in the world would he or any other member of nexus for that matter, give a crap about the miz or furthering miz's career? Miz is not an established main event contender, he's a midcarder that still has a lot to prove. Storyline wise, he's been constantly losing matches. If they were to follow anyone, it would probably be an established veteran who could actually do something to help them and their careers in some manner.

Second, this whole cena/barrett/nexus thing has certainly been one of the more interesting storylines on Raw in recent history. The story has not in any way been about the miz, and to throw him in at the final chapter when he has not had a role makes no sense, and from the WWE's standpoint, would have shifted the entire story away from cena and on the miz, which would have done everyone involved up to this point a great disservice.

Third, even if that scenario above is true, miz didn't need to win money in the bank to have barrett lay down for him in a title match. So that part doesn't make sense either.

And finally, to end with orton and cena chasing miz for the strap? Not yet. Miz is not ready to hold his own in a match technically against those guys.

So while I will tip my hat to the poster for creativity, I have to admit that personally I am very glad that his particular scenario did not even come close to happening.

No, Miz won't lose his MITB briefcase. In fact, I could see a scenario where he wins the title at Elimination Chamber.

Miz could win a "qualifying match" to get into the chamber match, but lose rather quickly. Other then Cole's incessisant whining of how Miz got screwed when he's eliminated, he could become a "forgotten man", so to speak, especially if the chamber he's in goes a long while, as they usually do. He could then return at the end of the match, and cash in on the surviving champion. They could even spin it ironically by having it be on the man who elinminated him in the first place.

Is Miz the most attractive option to headline Wrestlemania? Not exactly. But he certainly could work in a triple threat, which it seems we're guaranteed to get at least once(a multi man match) a PPV these days.

I'm guessing that the Miz wins the belt tonight on RAW.

I see something like this playing out: Orton comes out and actually commends Cena for what he did last night then Barrett comes down to the ring with Nexus and demands a rematch for the title. Orton says ok, match will take place at TLC. Then the stupid computer chimes in and says the match will be tonight.
Barrett will lose the match but Nexus and Barrett will proceed to beat the crap out of Orton. Cena will then come running out of the crowd in street clothes and will beat up Nexus and Barrett. He will chase them down the ramp into the lockerroom.
With Orton knocked out in the center of the ring, Miz runs down, cashes in the case, hits the skull crushing finale, 1-2-3, new champion as RAW closes.

This will set up some sort of gimmick match at TLC featuring Orton, Miz, Cena, Barrett for the belt.

Thoughts?

I'm guessing that the Miz wins the belt tonight on RAW.
I was actually thinking this as soon as Cole (Sorry GM), announced that Orton will defend against Orton tonight on RAW. I totally agree with you on this lol except it will probably go like this...

Ok so Orton is going to pin Barrett and retain (OBVIOUSLY). After the match, Nexus will come down and completely destroy Orton, Cena will come down and chase Nexus away and then The Miz will come down, hit SCF on Orton and become WWE Champion. Incase anybody missed it, Alex Riley replaced The Miz in the MITB qualifying match tonight against Ezekiel Jackson which means everyone "thinks" The Miz isn't in the building...Then BAM! AWSOME!!!lol just an idea...

I think Miz wins tonight because when I heard Barrett vs Orton I thought this is a attempt to get a ratings boost because if Miz cashes in the ratings go up a couple of points and the fact he had a anxiety attack shows him winning the belt tonight.

I understand this is implicit, but let's keep in mind that Miz won the contract in July of 2010. This means he must "cash in" within 12 months. I've simply listed the cards until then below in order to broaden the speculation.

For example, Miz runs-in on a match at extreme rules, destroys both title competitors, lays one on the other for the pin and then cashes in.

Also, if there's a MITB at Wrestlemania, Alex Riley or his cohort at the time could win and help during that Extreme Rules scenerio and then drama ensues.

Personally, I believe it is just that: speculation. Who knows what Vince will do. I also have this sneaking suspicion that Miz will be the first to fail to cash in and win a championship.

Here's the list:
Date -- Event
December 19, 2010 -- TLC: Tables, Ladders, & Chairs
January 30, 2011 -- Royal Rumble
February 20, 2011 -- Elimination Chamber
April 3, 2011 -- WrestleMania XXVII
May 1, 2011 -- Extreme Rules
May 22, 2011 -- Over the Limit
June 19, 2011 -- Fatal 4-Way
July 17, 2011 -- Money in the Bank

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online