**MERGED** Finally.. The Rock... has come back... HOME (KEEP IT ALL IN HERE!)

How many times will we see the Rock?

• Wrestlemania, the grand-daddy of 'em all. That's it.

• Maybe one Raw.

• TWO!!!!!!!

• I reckon a good deal of appearances on WWE, including Web work and video promo's.

• All the time, like on Smackdown as well. lol.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nobody paid any attention to Cena saying he'll settle his differences with Rock next week on Raw yesterday? To me, it seems like they'll become friends and Miz will probably get screwed out of the championship by a Rock distraction then Rock & Cena double-team on him with the greatest beating Miz will ever receive in his life. And maybe, Cena becomes heel by teaming up and still turning on Rock after they're standing tall.

I disagree. This is the one and only time i fully expect WWE to gives the fans what they wanna see. Nobody would believe that they settled there differences. Fans would be in an uproar. Everyone wants to see the rock rockbottom john cena, and i really hope it happens. I highly doubt this is going to be a shake hands thing. Not even at mania.

THIS POST IS IN ALL CAPS FOR A REASON. WRESTLEZONE IS EXCLUSIVELY REPORTING THAT THE ROCK WILL INDEED MOST LIKELY RETURN TO IN RING ACTION, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY ONE MORE MATCH. I WROTE TWO POSTS ABOUT WANTING THE ROCK TO HAVE ONE MORE MATCH EARLY THIS YEAR. THESE POSTS WERE PRIOR TO THE ROCK COMING BACK, OR BEING ANNOUNCED AS WRESTLEMANIA HOST. PEOPLE BASHED ME LEFT AND RIGHT, SAYING NO WAY, YOU'RE OUTTA YOUR MIND, ETC. NOW, IT SEEMS THAT MAY BE THE REALITY. WE MAY ALL SEE THE MUCH SOUGHT AFTER CENA VS. ROCK ENCOUNTER SOME TIME DOWN THE ROAD. THAT WILL BE HUGE, AND I FOR ONE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE VERBAL SPARRING IF THE FEUD IS DONE. CENA AND THE ROCK WILL BE LET LOOSE BECAUSE VINCE WANTS THIS TO DRAW MONEY. RIGHT NOW, THE ROCK IS KILLING CENA BECAUSE HE IS STAYING WITHIN THE PG CONFINES. ONCE THAT IS SQUASHED FOR THIS FEUD IT IS GOING TO GET FUN!!! RAW AND THE ENSUING WEEKS SHOULD BE FUN.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW, DO YOU NOW BELIEVE THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN? WHO WILL BE THE FACE IN THE MATCH? WILL THIS BE THE NEXT HOGAN VS. ROCK, ONLY THIS TIME WITH THE ROCK GETTING THE HOGAN ROLE?

YOUR THOUGHTS, PLEASE!!! FEEL FREE TO BASH ME IF NECESSARY

Well you could have at least posted exactly what it said. I still believe they can add rock to the cena vs miz match and still get a big buy rate from it. As far as what it said about him and cena, I personally think you save that match for wrestlemania next year, dont waste it at summerslam. Im thinking they will do taker vs cena at mania 28 though , so that might be why there thinking summerslam. The Rock is not going to be completely back though considering he just signed on for a movie that films in the coming months.

THIS POST IS IN ALL CAPS FOR A REASON.

Please, tell us, what is that reason?

I'm actually not too excited to see The Rock in an actual match. Sure, it'd be great, but it's not one of those things I dream about.
I'd rather see The Miz win a match on his own before Mania, then see Rock back in competition.

But that's just me. ;)
-

This is surely the best news i have heard in wrestle zone............:) i am looking forward to it i will be happy if he gets added in the match and even win it!!!!!!!!!!!! that's the best thing to happen " THE ROCK" IS THE NEW WWE CHAMP"

I will also be happy if he wrestles at least 2 - 3 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is the way to make UP 1 MILLION BUY RATES FOR WM 27

Well hold your horses there, friends... I don't think Rock will be coming back on a full-time basis as some of you are thinking. Now all he did was not rule out another match, and of course given the current promo-feud between him and Cena it is more than likely to come to a Cena/Rock showdown somewhere down the road - and it should be awesome.

Now me personally, I'd actually prefer it if they did Rock/Cena at Summerslam instead of WM28. Why? Simply because you could save Rock/Taker for Taker's last Wrestlemania match in that case. Besides, keeping the feud between Rock & Cena running from now until WM next year will be TOUGH. I mean, WWE are already having problems right now running the current WM feuds into WM 27, merely because they have to cover 6 weeks of programming for these particular feuds, instead of the regular 3-4 weeks they usually have between PPVs these days. So how will they keep the thing fired for over a year? Seems quite tough to me...

So I'd say, Summerslam should be the place to go for Cena vs Rock, and then aim for a big Rock/Taker showdown at WM 28. It would make the most sense: The Rock wouldn't be hurt by losing to Taker at WM since he is no WWE mainstay anymore, and it would be a bigger match even than Cena vs Taker, which of course would also be quite huge. But the idea I could see behind it is this: Rock has been going on in about every promo since his last run in WWE seven years ago, that "he's done it all in this business" and that he achieved everything he wanted to achieve. Well, WWE could take that ball, and have Rock come out and say something like: "Well, The Rock has been thinking, for the past seven years, that he's done it all in this business. And he has. But then, after The Rock left for Hollywood, year after year, there was one thing that suddenly became bigger and bigger... and now... well now it seems there IS something left that The Rock hasn't done yet. Because no one has done it yet. And that is... beat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania." And there you have your epic showdown match setup, and probably the highest note possible you could send Taker riding out into the sunset. Cena/Taker would be big of course, but Taker should win, and a loss would... well not hurt Cena THAT much, but still wouldn't help him. Rock on the other hand can afford to take a loss to Taker at WM, and Rock/Taker would be even a bigger match than Cena/Taker; simply because it would be two absolute legends going at it, whereas Cena, as big as he may be today, still has a way to go to reach "legendary" status.

So yeah, that would be my ideal plan... Rock/Cena at Summerslam, and Rock/Taker for WM28... and Rock really doesn't need to fight ANY more matches than those two if you ask me, haha.

This is surely the best news i have heard in wrestle zone............:) i am looking forward to it i will be happy if he gets added in the match and even win it!!!!!!!!!!!! that's the best thing to happen " THE ROCK" IS THE NEW WWE CHAMP"

I will also be happy if he wrestles at least 2 - 3 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is the way to make UP 1 MILLION BUY RATES FOR WM 27

Holy crap man put down the crack pipe. Rock as champion!? what kind of garbage are you smoking!? Why would they put to strap on The Rock!? That would BURY the Miz....Having him lose the title to someone that has been OUT of wrestling for so long. I don't think the Rock will be back for 2-3 years for WRESTLING. That would basically kill his Hollywood career unless he does part time. But even then they wouldn't give the strap to a PART TIME wrestler. Use your head. This is how nonsense comes to life. People making huge deals over something that is simple to explain, and easy to dismiss. Rock being at mania will increase the buyrates but him being there won't be the only reason the buys may in fact be HUGE this year. Last I checked Austin's there too. HHH/Taker even though it's been done will be good. The WM card is decently stacked as always.

Cool your jets buddy..don't set your hopes too high on Rock leaving WM with the title.

I said the exact same thing yesterday. I said rock could toss his head into miz-cena match and make it a triple threat, simply because he's the host of WM, that means he can change what ever he want to change in WM card. Imagine rocky is the new WWE champion WoW! Am I dreaming?...

Rock said he want to do something BIG beside hosting. We have to wait and see.

ANY ONE CAN DREAM , CAN'T THEY??

What is so good about miz ?? why not give it to rock it will be a twist and miz's status will go over if he beats him for the title man just chill , Anyone can dream , can't they?:lol:

cena vs rock will only work if it's done right. if the build up is just right then the match will be great. although the match itself probably won't be a technical dream match people will remember it. if the build up is too much then it will only be a disappointment.
but nothing's been confirmed yet

ALL CAPS IS NOT NECESSARY AND VERY ANNOYING OKAY?!?!

Anyways the most likely solution is they fight at SummerSlam, i think you'll really have an idea of how it's going to happen once Mania is over and even the night after on Raw seeing as Rock will be on that show to deal with any aftermath.

The Rock in a wrestling ring is just a ratings grabber.

He hasn't wrestled... Since... Goldberg? 2004.

So we are expecting magic after 7 years of inactivity? Not to mention, Cena can't wrestle.

In the long run, it will create memories... With how good those two are on the microphone, the segments should be good... But by any means, I don't expect much out of The Rock. Especially if his opponent will be Cena.

It seems foolish to expect a 5 star, maybe even a 3 star match.

i thnk not being in the ring for 7 years doesnt mean hes lost all his flair (no pun intended).

look at some old videos. practice for a week or 2 and i thnk hel get it back its not like hes been inactive all these years. hes probably in bttr shape now than he was 7 yrs ago.

As much as I would love to see Cena vs Rock at WM 28 I would have to agree with Dragonslayer in that I don't see how they could keep their feud going for another 12 months. In the Hogan era with only a handful of PPV's per year such a thing was possible, but not today in the era of monthly PPV's and month long feuds. If they do face each other at Summerslam I can't see it being the best match technically but feel they could more than make up for it with their charisma and passion. The Rock doesn't need the win at all so I see Cena going over the Rock after a long, tough battle where each man gets a few near falls and kicks out of each other's finisher a few times. Vince has told WWE creative to expect a match in the near future. They won't waste it at one of their gimmick PPVs so my guess is it has to be Summerslam.

This will be a big year for the WWE, indeed. Rock wrestles, for the first time in seven years. Undertaker and Triple H have already returned. Tough Enough is back, the youth movement is better than ever.
But the biggest thing for WWE- Finally, The Rock has come back.... home. haha sorry.
When the Rock returns to the squared circle, not via satellite, not to say jabroni, know your role, but to strap on his boots, for maybe the last time, I know it will be versus Cena. Maybe, just maybe, That will happen at Summerslam, or before, then, Wrestlemania 28- I want Rock vs Taker. The biggest match, has only happened a handful of times, and even less times one on one.
Or- if both men last this long, that will be at WM 29, with Rock and Cena in a lengthy feud from Summerslam to WM 28 building to the final showdown. THAT is what I want

hahaha you people are funny.....You make all these thoeries about the rock... First you were saying he would never actually wrestle and that he would be the refereee at WM 27. The rock even said in his promo when he came back that he would not leave again. Im sure he will leave eventually and maybe not stay that long. But you really think he would say that and just disappear after wrestlemania? When I saw him returning at Raw and when he talked trash about Cena, I was sure he would be in a match soon. Personally I think it will be a triple theat match at WM27 with Miz and Cena. If not, the rock will most likely fight at summerslam. In all interviews in the past, rock said he would not wrestle again but its funny because in the latest interviews when asked about that, he seems to say that he will wrestle soon. The only reason I think he does not say without a doubt that he will wrestle soon is because he cant say it. I mean it would ruin the surprise for Wrestlemania or something else so hes being subtle about it. I remember just before he returned to raw, in an interview he said he would be back sooner that people think. As soon as he said that I was sure he would be the "surprise guest" Vince was talking about.... You people never seem to believe he will wrestle or anything that he says, you need to read between the lines. I know he left for 7 years and he made a few broken promises but I think soon enough he will make up for it and fight.

Dont jizz your pants just yet, their not gonna put the title on a part time wrestler whose gonna miss three four months at a time. He's not even a part time wrestler it's gonna be a one time thing.

He didn't say he would wrestle another match he said never say never, and if he does it just gonna be the one match vs Cena, you guys need to forget about a year from now at wrestlemania 28 he's not taking on Undertaker to end the streak. Their not gonna end the streak especially to someone that comes back once in a blue moon to get a ratings pop!:banghead:

Holy crap man put down the crack pipe. Rock as champion!? what kind of garbage are you smoking!? Why would they put to strap on The Rock!? That would BURY the Miz....Having him lose the title to someone that has been OUT of wrestling for so long. I don't think the Rock will be back for 2-3 years for WRESTLING. That would basically kill his Hollywood career unless he does part time. But even then they wouldn't give the strap to a PART TIME wrestler. Use your head. This is how nonsense comes to life. People making huge deals over something that is simple to explain, and easy to dismiss. Rock being at mania will increase the buyrates but him being there won't be the only reason the buys may in fact be HUGE this year. Last I checked Austin's there too. HHH/Taker even though it's been done will be good. The WM card is decently stacked as always.

Cool your jets buddy..don't set your hopes too high on Rock leaving WM with the title.

This is hands down the stupidest sentence I have ever read. Miz losing to Rock would be burying Miz? Miz is a straight up midcarder, he's completely unbelievable as champion (and it has nothing to do with the way he's booked) How can you justify saying that him losing to one of the biggest stars in wrestling is burying him?

I am not sold on the idea however egos what they are what about a Jordan like comeback for the rock. He leaves top of his game, Comes back after so long and wins championship. Could happen will it? Probably not but its nice to dream.

The Rock isn't wrestling at WM, so let's get that out of the way. WM is only 9 days away and there's NO way The Rock would just be thrown into a championship match one week before the event. No way. However, I can see The Rock playing a significant role in the match. Now, does he cost Cena the match, which I think would be a HUGE mistake because it would make The Miz look like a chump champ, or somehow helps Cena win with some sort of swerve involved. I can see The Rock with the belt at some point between WM and SS for a 1-2 month "nostalgia" run, ala Hogan in 2002.

Now, Rock/Taker at WM 28? I wouldn't necessarily bet the house on it. Why? Well, for starters, would Vince really want "The Streak" to be broken by a star from the past rather than Undertaker "pass the torch" to a future legend? Not likely. That's why Taker/Cena is the more logical choice here. Nothing against The Rock, but wrestling isn't #1 in his life anymore. If, and it's a big "if", Undertaker's streak is to be broken, you can bet it's done by someone with a future... a long and bright future. Let's not forget about Barrett in this either. Don't forget, he was Undertaker's choice for this year's match, but Vince felt Barrett wasn't at that level yet and worthy of this caliber of program. Who knows. I can say this though. Expect a BIG year out of Barrett this year. Same for McIntyre. You see, there are alot of young talents Vince could elevate with a WM program with Undertaker. He doesn't NEED The Rock for this when he could be much more valuable, and draw alot of $$$, elsewhere.

First off, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson (don't forgive the man so fast, he shunned all of us wrestling fans just a few years ago) is The Host of Wrestlemania and that DOES NOT give him the power or ability to interject himself into a match. So don't expect that to happen, BUT if it were to it will more then likely be VKM that were to interject him into that match (again, don't see that happening). Wrestlemania and other PPVs have had "hosts" before and the host has NO power over the show (This isn't RAW and the Celebrity GM Bullshit).

Secondly, The Rock/John Cena if it were to happen will definitely be a Summerslam Main Event. As a few others have mentioned previously, Summerslam has become a good ground for those "Last Hoorah" matches As well, Summerslam and Royal Rumble and constantly swapping back and forth with being the WWE's 2nd and 3rd highest grossing annual PPVs, so these really are the only two events where a plausible match could happen, and well Royal Rumble is just to damn far away for this cash cow. Cena will obviously beat Rock at the end and The Rock will have officially passed the torch to Cena in the ring or again you ruin everything the WWE has done for the last 7+ years.

Third, anyone who thinks this is honestly the end of the PG era is DEAD WRONG! There is just too much money involved with the WWE maintaining a PG rating for VKM to throw that out the window; you have to remember he is a Business Man before he is a Wrestling Promoter. I can see VKM going to the Sponsors asking to them for permission to let Rock/Cena take more of an "Attitude" approach or even the Sponsors going to VKM and telling him to have THOSE TWO INPARTICULAR have more of an "Attitude" approach, but it will not be the entire company.

Fourth, The Rock CANNOT win the WWE Title. If he were to it would do nothing but demean every WWE champion for the last 7, almost 8 years. It makes the company as a whole look VERY weak if a guy who has been away for so long can just come back and win the MAIN PRIZE. Besides much like HBK, The Rock is far above the WWE Title, he does not need it.

Fifth, Rock/Undertaker WM28, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, so please stop being naive. Cena/Undertaker yeah I can see that, especially since it will be for 20-0 for UT. But Rock/Undertake benefits NO ONE. The match WILL draw, but Taker can barely move anymore and Rock will not compete enough between now and WM28 to make it a worth while match. A Heel Cena vs Undertaker at WM28 is SUPER believeable though, especially because there is a good chance Cena will be forced heel (by us the fans) while feuding with The Rock (just like we forced Hogan face during/after his match with the Rock at WM18). Evil "Super" Cena vs Undertaker is more then likely your WM28 Main Event.

Sixth, and the only real MAJOR plus I can see it the Rock returning.....more younger talent will be getting pushed into the Main Event scene. If Cena is busy with the Rock, it means WWE will need to push some of these younger guys a bit harder after WM. You will need people to feud with the Miz or whoever the WWE Champion is and Rock/Cena need to stay as far as humanly possible away from the title.

Am I the only one who finds it very weird that WWE might put Rock and Cena in the same ring this coming monday instead of saving that for Wrestlemania?

There giving away a pretty big payday , and not to mention , instead of hyping the big match between miz and cena for the title, its more about rock and cena now ...

The only thing i can think of , and which makes sense, is that the GM is going to chime in, and say its going to be a 3 way match. Only reason im probably wrong is because you only give it a 1 week build and how can the rock host and then wrestle? Pretty sure his mind needs to be right to wrestle that whole night. It has been years yano.

I was just wondering what everybody's thoughts on Orton saying that Cena is 10 times better than The Rock.

This is just a kayfabe interview, it was way to much nonsense said for his comments to be completely true. He is just hyping things up & tryn to get some fans that are bitter at The Rock on Cena's side, cause we all know who the favorite is out of this whole storyline. The only ppl buying what he said are the STILL bitter Rock fans & the die hard Cena fans. Now that I think about it most of Cena's fans wont know what he said anyways cause they can't read yet. :lmao:

In a recent interview, WWE Superstar Randy Orton predicts that John Cena will prove he's a better Superstar than The Rock on this Monday's WWE Raw show.

Orton stated, "You see the interviews that The Rock does and he says that he doesn't want to be known as a wrestler. He doesn't want to be known as a sports entertainer or a performer with WWE or a WWE superstar. He wants to be known as an actor. Now all of a sudden he's back in our world telling the fans what they want to hear. He's telling them, 'I promise that I will never go away again. I promise that I'm back for good and that I'm here to stay.'

Orton continues, "He said that, what, six or seven weeks ago? Have we even seen him live since then? No. Via satellite. I think Cena will own The Rock. I think Cena is wittier and can go off the cuff. Cena writes his own stuff, while The Rock has stuff written for him. It just all comes down to who you are in the ring and what kind of performer you are in the ring, and I think Cena is 10 times the performer in the ring that The Rock is. This Monday in Chicago, he'll prove it."

:lmao::lmao: please tell me orton is kidding with that .. Theres no way he actually believes that. The rock has his stuff written? Comeon now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back