**MERGED** Brodus Clay Discussion- KEEP IT ALL IN HERE!

The crowd was pretty dead all night in all honesty except from the Rock segment of course so I don't think it refelcts too badly on Brodus. I actually do care as well hes funny, entertaining and something a bit different, as people have said there are plenty of dominant monster type charcters in WWE why do we need another one? Sure its unlikely that hes ever gonna be WWE champ with that gimmick but he can at least be a mid-card mainstay and has been given an excellent opportunity at getting over purely through his unique gimmick. His matches will improve and get longer post mania I would guess.

It's WrestleMania time baby. If a storyline or superstar isn't involved in an already set match at the biggest show of the year and is no way involved in the build-up, then I don't care to see you on my television screen. Brodus made his long awaited debut at the start of the build to Wrestlemania. Back then, there was a slight chance of him making it onto the WrestleMania card. He disappeared for numerous weeks then returns almost randomly when I'm looking forward to seeing Undertaker, Triple H, The Rock, John Cena and the rest of the WrestleMania so what do you expect? They should've held his debut off until after 'Mania time. Hell, once they took him off TV for a while, they should’ve kept him off until after the big show. Right now, I just don't give a fuck.

I cared because I want to see what they can do with him. But I did not think the complete squash match was needed.

The entrance is fun ... the dancing is fun. The whole thing is fun ... but it will get old really quick if they don't get something going for him. They need to give him a match he wins, but is tough. They need to give him a feud.

Someone needs to come out and fight him because they hate his gimmick.

There is plenty of room for them to do something with him ... but they need to do it soon before he becomes way too stale.

He came, he squashed, and him and his dancers danced post-match like they always do. The only thing I gave a damn about watching Naomi's big ass dance. Sad but true.

"Should I get him?"

"Ooops, my bad."

He's definitely a face right now that acknowledges the crowd through a variety of ways. I mean, you wouldn't see a heel go out to the ring with sexy dancers and dances his ass of would you? The part I agree with you on is him being featured in a feud with an established heel. Every face needs a strong heel to go off of to gain a solid amount of pops - no one face has gotten by on what Brodus is doing now. I don't think the problem lies where the crowd doesn't know what to do when he's wrestling. The crowd was solidly into him when before he left and if the WWE plays their cards right, can be into him again...after Wrestlemania. The problem here is that he made his debut right at the start of the Wrestlemania build up. There's no way anyone is going to waste their energy cheering on Brodus Clay when Triple H, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, John Cena and The Rock are scheduled for an appearance. This is the perfect example of bad timing.

How to save Brodus Clay? Give him some time on the mic and, like Kozlov demanded during his stint on Smackdown years ago, "better competition". His words, not mine, 'cause it sounded like serious business. No more squash matches or long periods of time without him on television.

And give his dancers less clothing for bigger pops. I wanna see Naomi in a thong. :worship:

Put Brodus Clay in the tag division with Tyler Reks. Have them called, Funkasauras Reks! The merchandise sells would be reason enough to try this. After about a year of dominating the Tag division, have them lose the belts, and have Brodus make a big heel turn on Reks. Then I would put him as a monster heel that becomes INC or USC. for another while. If he can stay big after this I would then but him in the main event scene. I think this path could work for him and possibly give the tag division the kick start it needs to get going again.

well i started watching raw at the gym worked out then saw the brodus clay was goanna be up after the break and that was my que to relocate from gym to home...point being...brodus is nothing more than commercial time or a side show.

Just three minor points:

-It was reported on another wrestling board that Clay showed a marked loss in weight......but you'd have to prove that to me with a scale because I was thinking he looked fatter than ever; certainly in contrast with the girls he shares the ring with. If you like watching a jolly fat man stomping around the ring, I guess this is for you.

-He was given time off to improve his work in the ring? What work in the ring? How much training does one have to do to compete in 30-second contests? Eventually, this guy is going to have to engage in some actual wrestling matches......and when he does, let's see how quickly the novelty of his gimmick wears off and leaves WWE wondering why they ever brought this guy back in the first place.

-I like unique gimmicks, but I wonder if they would have been better off letting this guy remain a brawling, rampaging monster. He seemed to be doing okay until they made him a stooge to Alberto Del Rio.

He was given time off to improve his work in the ring? What work in the ring? How much training does one have to do to compete in 30-second contests? Eventually, this guy is going to have to engage in some actual wrestling matches......and when he does, let's see how quickly the novelty of his gimmick wears off and leaves WWE wondering why they ever brought this guy back in the first place.

It is really weird that they decide that Brodus is not good in the ring after he is on TV. Why didn't they realize this when he was in FCW or NXT? I doubt that his ring work could have fallen so drastically due to a gimmick change.

-I like unique gimmicks, but I wonder if they would have been better off letting this guy remain a brawling, rampaging monster. He seemed to be doing okay until they made him a stooge to Alberto Del Rio.

They will eventually do that. Did anyone else feel that Funkasaurus was not at his usual jolly self. He seemed a little more serious than usual. He didn't call his moves and was not that enthusiastic while dancing. After the match, I got the feeling that he was going to attack his dancers and turn heel. They might go down that road after Wrestlemania.

It is really weird that they decide that Brodus is not good in the ring after he is on TV. Why didn't they realize this when he was in FCW or NXT? I doubt that his ring work could have fallen so drastically due to a gimmick change.

They will eventually do that. Did anyone else feel that Funkasaurus was not at his usual jolly self. He seemed a little more serious than usual. He didn't call his moves and was not that enthusiastic while dancing. After the match, I got the feeling that he was going to attack his dancers and turn heel. They might go down that road after Wrestlemania.

I wasn't thinking that he'd attack his dancers (and I hope they don't have him go there, because I'm a fan of the dancing monster's entire act)... but I definitely noticed that he seemed more serious than he did before.

Maybe it was a one off thing and the guy was actually just having a bad day. Maybe it was subtle foreshadowing on a character shift. It's hard to say right now.

I doubt nowadays they would have a character deliberately attack his female companions, but I was happy to see Brodus back. The crowd seemed dead this week even for the Rocks bit so I'm not disappointed that he didn't get a huge pop. I'm more disappointed that he didn't get a decent match. I agree he did seem more serious than usual. But then again the man does a pterodactyl impression as he's walking down the ramp... Not sure how serious you can be in that case.

I thought it made no sense having him return this close to WM. Everything on Raw and Smackdown at this point needs to be related to Wrestlemania. They should of waited till after WM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back