**Merged** All John Morrison Discussion

It would appear that every ones favorite spot monkey John Morrison is on someones shit list as of late. He's lost several high profile matches, and been on the losing end of things since Melina was released.

I personally am not a fan of his but this year alone hes had several big matches, He faced the Miz to kick off the first Raw of the year, he did a pretty memorable spot at this years Royal Rumble to avoid elimination, hes been in some fairly big matches vs some fairly important heels. It appeared as if he was going to finally break into the upper middle card and possibly tip the scales and make his way into the main event,

but several things have happened recently that have completely stalled him

he was the first face eliminated in the 8 man elimination tag match a few weeks back on Raw

he was the man who was pinned at NOC in the Fatal Four Way

he got squashed my Del Rio on Raw this evening

I wonder if he's on someones shit list cough Triple H cough, or if he's still injured and is being written off TV again. He's a Worlds Strongest Slam away from being the newest member of the House of Pain which would put him on the shelf for at least 3 months

Many believe hes the second coming of Shawn Michaels, but it appears someone has given up hope on him

Lets not forget he hasn't held a title of any sort in almost two whole years. His last title run was the IC Title when he was champ on Smackdown for the last 4 months of 2009.

His WM27 Match involved Snooki...

He's been sucking for a while, but it appears he's getting the extremely short end of the stick these days

Turn him heel and get rid of that God awful theme music. He just needs a new gimmick. He mic skills arent up to par but he can put on a pretty good match. Im sure his gf is a reason why hes not being pushed. Hes been very vocal about the release of her and im sure hes rubbed a few people wrong.

Personally I thought that Shawn Michaels comparison always hurt Morrison, how can you give a guy that big a shoes to fill? Truth be told though, I AM a fan of Morrison but he doesn't either warrant or deserve much more than he has. Firstly, there is the clouded vision that was given to him by Melina. No, she isn't the greatest Diva ever and no, she doesn't deserve to be at Wrestlemania over a returning Trish Stratus. Then there is his void of speaking ability. That is a recipe for disaster.

Chris Benoit had to wait the majority of his career for the real opportune moment to win the World's heavyweight championship in WWE. I see Morrison as much the same because if you can't talk in this business, you better be a damn good wrestler to make it, and even then it's hard. Morrison can put on that caliber of match, he has done before but he isn't going to be like The Miz, he isn't going to be the Edge of the team or dare I even say Shawn Michaels, a multiple time champion, but he just might leave a lot of good memories in the ring anyway.

What's more, I second the guy above me. Gimmick change. Doesn't have to turn heel, it probably wouldn't help him right now. But it's time to ditch the fur.

He got completely squashed I mean he looked soooo bad. Del Rio looked bad at NoC Theres no way he'll ever win the title clean. Even Kofi got a clean win over Del Rio a few weeks back in the tourney. So Morrison is so low in the ranks He probably couldnt even beat zach ryder right now. I like him but I'm sick of him being pummled all the time and doing nothing about it. He was in the title picture but now I wouldnt be suprised if he couldnt even climb the ranks once theres a cruserweight division. Wow. Its like all he does now is sell and job. and being a face isnt helping either.

John is a pretty shit face. With his looks it's hard to imagine that he can't get over as a face like he did early in his career or as a heel. I'm not for many heel turns, but after what they've done for Mark Henry and R-Truth I wouldn't be against his. Another problem is the Raw roster is a bit full with mid card faces like Alex Riley and Zach Ryder hogging air time and the main event scene with John Cena and CM Punk (It's only two, but apparently Raw is centered around Punk and Cena). Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne were also at one point in his same position (Which made it even deeper back then), but WWE did the smart thing and paired them up and they've become a credible tag team. He should've been drafted to Smackdown last April(?) and could be feuding with Cody Rhodes, Christian, Wade Barrett, or Kane right now. On Raw, he's faced Miz and R-Truth already and Dolph Ziggler has both Swagger and Riley to worry about. The best thing would be for him to either join Truth and Miz or move to Smackdown. IMO of course.

Another thing that really bothers me is his horrible Jimi Hendrix rip off theme. That song played out three years ago if it were ever any good in the first place. He could get over better with Benoit's theme than that garbage. Jack Swagger and Ted DiBiase have this problem as well.

Personally I thought that Shawn Michaels comparison always hurt Morrison, how can you give a guy that big a shoes to fill? Truth be told though, I AM a fan of Morrison but he doesn't either warrant or deserve much more than he has. Firstly, there is the clouded vision that was given to him by Melina. No, she isn't the greatest Diva ever and no, she doesn't deserve to be at Wrestlemania over a returning Trish Stratus. Then there is his void of speaking ability. That is a recipe for disaster.

Chris Benoit had to wait the majority of his career for the real opportune moment to win the World's heavyweight championship in WWE. I see Morrison as much the same because if you can't talk in this business, you better be a damn good wrestler to make it, and even then it's hard. Morrison can put on that caliber of match, he has done before but he isn't going to be like The Miz, he isn't going to be the Edge of the team or dare I even say Shawn Michaels, a multiple time champion, but he just might leave a lot of good memories in the ring anyway.

What's more, I second the guy above me. Gimmick change. Doesn't have to turn heel, it probably wouldn't help him right now. But it's time to ditch the fur.

So what your'e saying is at some point in 10-15 years he'll be in the middle of a monster push like Mark Henry is now and Christian was on earlier this year?

Morrison will be the guy we all finally like, who can finally back up what he does in the ring on the mic, and actually get over with the crowd?

He'll be squaring off with some younger more talented wrestler in the WWE, and putting on some of the best matches of his entire career?

I've also never understood the comparison to HBK, theres only one other guy in the WORLD who is up there with HBK, and thats Jericho imo. HBK was consistent in his last few active years, his promos were spot on, his matches were stellar, he brought so much to his feuds, and matches that it was hard not to love him. I just don't see Morrison ever being at that point

Its well known Vince hates him and has had zero respect for Morrison ever since Batista came out and told the world he was rooting Melina, and Johnny boy did nothing about it. He has no respect in the locker room as a man. He will never be a world champion in WWE, just a spot fest junkie

I agree with most of the OP's post it does appear that Morrison is certainly not on the Christmas card list of many in WWE creative, and Morrison's strengths and weaknesses have been discussed on many occasions, myself included, so there is no need for me to repeat what everyone apparently already knows. I just wanted to add something that intrigues me in relation to the thread, and that is why is it always assumed that when superstars lose a few matches, that they are being buried? I mean someone has to lose don't they? You can't push everyone can you? The fact that Morrison is getting TV time on the flagship show, even if its to get squashed by Del Rio, and ill admit it did seem a little strange but he was still on RAW, there are plenty who are not ask Drew McIntyre. When others are being pushed they need to balance it out, I'm not sure that equates to being jobbed. Lets face it if creative came up with what they considered a good story line for Morrison, all it would take is a few wins and everyone will forget the del rio match. Take Mark Henry for example, 6 months ago he was considered a jobber heading for retirement, no big deal. Lack of heels on SD, Henry gets a push now top heel on SD and world champ! Im sure Morrison's time will come if he addresses some of the issues posters have previously highlighted.

It's real simple. In the 'E', you can't start believing your own press clippings. Or if you do, you darn well shouldn't start popping off about it. I'm sure he's had his sack in a twist ever since Melina was shown the door, but all you need to know about what's between his ears is what's between hers. She's been lambasted for her $3,000 a night appearance fee; how much ya think JoMo thinks his value is? Vinnie Mac and HHH have been, are, and always will be the alpha dogs and JoMo's just gotta stay in line and keep his mouth shut and the shots will eventually come. Think they're happy that Del Rio had to miss two critical live TV shows for visa issues, something he DEFINITELY had control over? Hence droppin' the belt like it's hot at NOC, by submission no less. That's a cold message right there, and JoMo's getting one too: Straighten up and fly right or get devalued 'till his contract runs out, then 3 months later show up in Orlando with not even a hint of steam.

I think theyre just humbling him. He vocally bitched about having to work with Trish Stratus and Snooki at Wrestlemania when he shouldve been grateful to even have a spot on the card. He's lucky to even have a job at this point. His girlfriend got fired for the same shitty attitude he has: thinking theyre better than they are.

The comparisons to Shawn Michaels are ridiculous. He's a good gymnast and has a good body, that's it. His charisma is nonexistent, his mic skills terrible, and in the ring, if you put aside his acrobatic spots, which admittedly are impressive, his transitions are slow and sloppy, his strikes are very hit or miss, and without someone else to guide the way for him, his psychology is just awful. I'm glad his push has stalled. He should in no way be in the main event scene. If they want to occasionally having him challenge for a midcard title and lose, fine, but he doesn't deserve to be any higher than that on the card.

Face it him and Melina are those talents that shouldve stayed heel. Their backstage persona's fit their in ring persona's. We all know they both I'm better than you attitudes. Well wasn't that MNM in the first place. Miz and Morrison was gold especially with The Dirt Sheet. Act like a self absorbed douche bag and make fun of the entire roster. That's what JoMo was good at and he should have reverted back to that level years ago. I don't blame him nor Melina that's on creative. When he was heel his promos were better because he is self absorbed so they came off as not forced and genuine and the flow was way better.

IWC needs to forget turning Cena heel he's saved the outcry should be to turn Morrison back into the Shaman Of Sexy he was better at it because it fits him better than what we've seen already

John Morrison's problem is that, outside of his matches, he's very boring. But, his real problem is that he stands by his ****e of a girlfriend and she's going to drag him down. He's gotten on the shit list of the WWE bosses, his girlfriend is killing him, and he was clawing just to hold on to the spot he already had.

I'm sorry to say that a gimmick change isn't going to save John Morrison. The only things that can save him is if they're saving him for later (unlikely,), if he dumps Melina in real life (unlikely,), or if he can manage to have another moment like the Royal Rumble Spiderman moment and get everyone's attention, again (slightly more likely,). I think CM Punk has absolutely killed Morrison's career, at least as a baby face...and Morrison doesn't make a good heel. It's hard to cheer against a guy during a match who is so fun to watch. There is just no room in the main event for him, because he's a project. Hell, Dolph Ziggler will work his way into the main event way before Morrison. I saw that promo from Ziggler last night and honestly thought, "This is a good promo. Finally, Ziggler is coming together." Morrison has never done that. He's one of the best spot monkeys in wrestling, possibly the best, but even Jeff Hardy had a better overall skill set than Morrison. Sorry, but the kid is done in the main event.

I think the "John Morrison" character needs a total reboot. The guy has talent in the ring but he's terrible on the mic and his gimmick is just stupid.

Reboot him and actually give him a chance. Put him in a meaningful feud where he's forced to talk and where he can utilize his skills.

He's got the physique and he can wrestle but he HAS to improve his mic skills or he'll go nowhere.

I've got to say, although I am a big fan of his in-ring work, everywhere else he is seriously lacking. He never talks, and with good reason, too. Even when he was on The Dirt Sheet with Miz, the material was funny, but his slow...monotone...deliverzzzzzzzz...see what I mean? He needs to dial up the intensity on the stick, ditch the faux '70s style and for the love of God, get a new finisher. Starship Pain is such a lame finish, even when he hits it clean and on target (never), it just looks too random. A top rope finisher has to be hit with precision, otherwise it just looks like you're throwing yourself at your opponent. RVD makes chest-to-chest contact with the 5-Star Frog splash every time, no matter where his opponent is in the ring. What was wrong with the Moonlight Drive?

That being said, Morrison still has a world of potential, and if creative can find a productive gimmick for him, he can still make a mark in the WWE. He may not be a future Hall of Famer or World Champion, but he can still be a notable wrestler that people remember as more than "everyone's favorite spot monkey."

Looking back at all those threads and excuses ppl made about john morrison a year ago really make crack me up.

- John Morrison is main event material
- Who will be world champion in 2011
"john morrison is the next hbk"
"that promo he had with rtruth was no big deal, it was good"
" morrison can do flips like no other, hes bound to be a champion"
"his epic match with the miz have propelled him to the main event"

Please ppl. Stop making excuses for john morrison. Hes not going to even be on the AWESOME level of the MIZ.
Morrison's mic skill is what holding him down and i doubt he'll ever improve. Morrison just doesnt have the MIC skills to pay the BILL.

The main problem that I have with Morrison is that it is very difficult to take a guy wearing a fur coat seriously.

Undoubtedly, he has the ability to put on good matches, but he lacks charisma and mic skills. Almost all the main eventers like Rock, Austin, Cena, Punk etc. got over due to their charisma and ability to connect to the crowds. The only way that Morrison can be taken seriously is if he has a better gimmick or probably a heel turn.

Don't like him. Don't want to like him. Don't see why anybody likes him to be frank.

How long has he been in the WWE for now? I think it's coming close on half a decade of simply being overrated mostly by those who don't have a clue. In a thread last week I saw people list him as a good in-ring wrestler, like, no. Not in this world. He lacks a bit of everything asides athleticism. He has a good image but image doesn't get you everything, he can't speak, shows no passion, his in-ring talent can provide the odd extraordinary moment but after that he lacks there.

To be honest I only liked him when he was in M'N'M with Joey and Melina; now he just comes out, does nothing for me, gets his ass handed to him and leaves. This time last year people were tipping him for great things, now, he was placed in a match at a Pay-Per-View where he was the least likely to win for one and two, had nothing to go off for being in the match itself.

I don't think anyone has a personal issue with him, I think they've lost their faith in someone who wasn't going to produce what they wanted from the start. Morrison, heel or face, does nothing for me. He can do amazing things, but I'm watching professional wrestling and not a Parkour fitness DVD so leave that stuff for home.

I think theyre just humbling him. He vocally bitched about having to work with Trish Stratus and Snooki at Wrestlemania when he shouldve been grateful to even have a spot on the card. He's lucky to even have a job at this point. His girlfriend got fired for the same shitty attitude he has: thinking theyre better than they are.

He has been on a downward trend after WM. You can tell they didn't like his attitude and the complaining about that match. Since WM they pick spots every once in a while just to make him look like a big time douchebag. :lmao:

A friend sent me this, I'm not sure if its true, but if it is its funny

WWE Diva Natalya helped foil an audacious attempt by ex Diva Melina to involve herself in last nights Divas tag match in Cleveland. On Monday afternoon Natalya recieved a text message from Melina claiming she was in Cleveland, had a ticket for the Raw show and asking "If I jump KK (Kelly Kelly), you will play ball right?"

Natalya presumed this was a joke, but showed it to the Divas' liaison who after alerting WWE security then asked her to ring Melina to find out exactly what she had planned. The conversation, which Natalya put on loud-speaker with several members of the lockeroom present included a rambling and possibly under the influence Melina suggesting that attacking Kelly live on Raw would get her a job back as a Diva as "Vince loves reality angles"

Sure enough Melina was spotted in the queue for the show with a ticket. Unlike what she may have witnessed on WWE television, she was to find out that WWE are actually allowed to turn people away whether they have a ticket to the show or not. A humiliated Melina was warned that the next time she tries something like this the police will be involved.

Not for the first time Melina's on-off boyfriend John Morrison bore the brunt of her misadventure. He was asked to "keep his woman under control" and his in-ring appearance was that 30 second squash defeat to Alberto Del Rio.

If that's true, Melina is officially crazy. And not hot crazy, not unpredictable crazy, like "we the jury find the defendant not guilty by reason of insanity" crazy. To think that a flat-out assault would earn you a job when you're job is to put on a show WITHOUT hurting anyone?

I agree with most of the OP's post it does appear that Morrison is certainly not on the Christmas card list of many in WWE creative, and Morrison's strengths and weaknesses have been discussed on many occasions, myself included, so there is no need for me to repeat what everyone apparently already knows. I just wanted to add something that intrigues me in relation to the thread, and that is why is it always assumed that when superstars lose a few matches, that they are being buried? I mean someone has to lose don't they? You can't push everyone can you? The fact that Morrison is getting TV time on the flagship show, even if its to get squashed by Del Rio, and ill admit it did seem a little strange but he was still on RAW, there are plenty who are not ask Drew McIntyre. When others are being pushed they need to balance it out, I'm not sure that equates to being jobbed. Lets face it if creative came up with what they considered a good story line for Morrison, all it would take is a few wins and everyone will forget the del rio match. Take Mark Henry for example, 6 months ago he was considered a jobber heading for retirement, no big deal. Lack of heels on SD, Henry gets a push now top heel on SD and world champ! Im sure Morrison's time will come if he addresses some of the issues posters have previously highlighted.

But see, the thing is: Mark Henry is big as fuck. JoMo is not. You can see where I'm going with this, right?

I was saying the same thing for Jomo a couple weeks ago: Just because you're not winning all the time doesn't make you a complete jobber. But look at his turn of events: Everyone expected him to have some grand world title run since he was getting title shots, but he didn't and (let's be honest) won't get one until after next year. Then he was supposed to come back in a blaze of glory against R-Truth, but Truth beat him like 15 times since he came back. He finally gets his big win in a falls count anywhere match, but then Truth squashes him on Superstars and that ends that. Then he gets thrown into the same midcard hell of Bourne/Swagger/Dibiase proportions, getting thrown into the US title match out of nowhere just so he can take the fall. Now the guy who was inches away from winning the title earlier this year just got squashed by the ex-champ. His stock has fallen, not as bad as Drew, but he's definitely out of the spotlight

Personally I think Morrison is only around as a shock factor and a holy crap moment. The only way I could see him being relevant is if they revamp the Cruiserweight division and give him a heel turn.

He had a couple of nice matches in his feud with Truth, and seeing his tenacity in the Falls Count Anywhere match made me think he would make an incredible heel. I would give him a different finisher other than Star-Ship Pain though.

For those who don't know, Morrison was a heel. He was a Heel in MNM, he was a Heel when he was in ECW, he was a heel until they broke up Miz and Morrison. Turning him heel wont help all of his short comings.

I will bet money that if another issue involving Melina happens again, he will be released if he doesn't get released this Friday over what happened on Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back