MD96: Drake Callahan & Los Magnificos Dragones vs. The Sacrificial Altar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harthan

Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
Representing the Sacrificial Altar is DC, Mason Westhoff, and David Whitman.

Deadline is Tuesday, November 19th at 11:59PM Central time. Extensions by request.

So... How does this feel?

*The scene comes to light as we are shown DC sitting inside of a doctors office. He's wearing a tank top, faded jeans, and white shoes. A coiled ace wrap lays beside him on the table as a doctor is helping him rotate his left arm, first clockwise then counter.*

Better then before.

Well you should feel fortunate. Out of all the times you've come to see me, this one isn't too severe. It's healed well, and I'll have you cleared. The paperwork will be waiting at the desk on the way out.

Thanks Doc.

*With that the doctor exits the room as DC hops off the patient table(?) and onto the tiled floor. He rotates his arm himself, looking at it as if he understands all the muscles, ligaments, and tendons at work. He doesn't, but nods approvingly like he does. He opens the door and walks down the long hallway. Finally coming to a stop at the waiting area where Lindsey is seen sitting, wearing white pants and a black spaghetti strap top, reading an issue of People magazine. She looks up with a smile as DC nods to her. She rises from her chair, and the two wander to the checkout desk.*

So how'd it go?

He said I'm fine. Rotation is back to normal. So, getting the all clear and then I'm gonna stop in to see Christian to shake any ring rust after this radio interview.

Christian... Starr?

No. Augustine.

(No one will get this but it's funny to me.)

*D is handed some paperwork by a nice looking nurse. A cute redhead with a devilish grin. Who is being scolded by the heavyset female beside her. Lindsey herself doesn't seem to thrilled by the smile she's given DC. To make a point, when DC turns towards the door, she slowly spins locking eyes with the redhead, giving DC's ass a lovetap before finally turning around.

As the two exit, they are greeted by the sun. Or at least what you can see of the sun, it's blocked by a heavy blanket of clouds above them. It peaks through once in a while though. They stand side by side. It should be noted, that this really hasn't been happening very often for these two. (For anyone that followed before I departed, your explanation is coming soon.)*

So what's the radio interview for?

Just a little hype up for shows coming up. Eli asked if I would since I've had the time off. Figured it would be good way to get back into it.

What about GM?

*D remains silent. As he begins to walk towards the parking lot, Lindsey brushes a few strands of loose hair to the back of her head, and catches up.*

What about Westhoff... You're gonna leave Whitman by himself with them?

*D doesn't break stride as he continues towards a white GTR in the parking lot.*

I'm not leaving anybody behind, okay. I'll see those guys soon enough, and I'll talk to them.

*As they climb into the car the scene takes a gradual turn to darkness. A few seconds pass...

A new noise is in the air. The sounds of people clicking away at keyboards. Random bits of laughter fill the air as the scene shows DC and Lindsey walking into an office style building. Office styled, but not a traditional office environment. The waiting area is pretty bland. White brick with a green paint trim and yellow lining. A big vinyl record style wall decoration hangs on the wall with a smiling frog and the letters 98.1 on it. A younger man enters into the picture, nodding towards the visitors (D and Lindsey) and walks around the desk and down a hallway. The man shambles towards a studio room where an older man sits behind a microphone.*

Man: It's nine twenty six, twenty six after nine, and your listening to KFGY FM Froggy 98. I'm The Frogman, and we'll have a news update for you after this break.

*The Frogman sets his headset down for a second to stand and shake DC's hand across his table of buttons, screens, and lights.*

Long time! How you been -------?

*He immediately extends his hand after to Lindsey.*

Lindsey.

*She bashfully shakes his hand as he remains standing placing his hands on his hips.*

We're good Steve. Still kicking asses. How bout you?

Feeling Hoppy, all day, everyday.

*It's a pretty painful play on words but it always merits a laugh out of DC. Who once again is chuckling at it, as Lindsey giggles and rolls her eyes. The three sit down as a looped news update plays. His co-host Kelli now comes into the room, shaking hands. She hands Frogman some papers and takes a seat beside him, giving a bright smile to their guests.*

Still DJing the high school dances and weddings?

Oh yeah. Still plenty busy doing that. So why didn't I get to do yours?

It was uh... Spur of the moment?

Vegas...

*Lindsey says it with a crooked smile, it wasn't an event to be proud of, but it was one that people still remember to this day (I guarantee it). Steve can't help but let out a good laugh as he shakes his head. He reaches over, getting ready to put his headset back on, Kelli follows suit. He winks to D and Lindsey, who in turn place their headsets on, in tandem with him.*

Welcome back, this is The Frogman and Kelli, and you're listening to Froggy in the morning. Here with me now are two superstars, from Wrestlezone Championship Wrestling, long time friends of mine, DC and Lindsey give it up for them!

*Some small applause begin from all those in attendance. D and Lindsey look around at everyone with smiles as it soon quiets. (This is going to go into a more straightforward dialogue style, more appropriate for a "radio show".*

(DC and Lindsey together)Thanks for having us.

So last time I saw you guys, DC you were actually the owner of a wrestling federation right?

Yes, that was Mayhem Wrestling Entertainment.

And that was a storyline? Wrestling has stories, was that one?

No, that wasn't just for the cameras, I owned the entire company. I still do, in a way, the entire library and whatnot.

So MWE folds, and you disappeared. Where did you go? I've known you for a while and even I couldn't get ahold of you.

I just kinda took a backseat for a while. The road sucks sometimes, so me and Lindsey settled in L.A.. I was born there, so we just took it easy for a bit. Nothing special, she still models, I just kinda, hung out.

He sat on his ass playing video games...

*The room bursts up in laughter as D swallows his pride.*

...a bit. But we had a kid a-

Well congratulations.

*Another applause.*

(DC and Lindsey together)Thank you.

Yeah, we had a kid, Mandee. She just turned three back in July. When she was born, I mean I still had money from MWE, Lindsey was still modeling, so I just kinda stayed at home. I felt like I earned it. I don't know...

But you missed it too much huh?

Oh hell yeah.

*Laughter bursts out as the answer is almost immediate.*

So you got back into shape and almost, what, four years pass and you turned back up in Wrestlezone Championship Wrestling. What was that like?

That is where I first started. So we're talking like, Brett Favre going back to Atlanta... Not Green Bay. As quick as Favre was out of Atlanta is about as long as it took for me to be out of WZCW. So, going back, I made appearances before here and there, but going back full time was different. In MWE, I was "it" basically. Bottom line, voted, branded, whatever. I was "the man" as they say. But, I hated it. I hated it because, after a while they started treating me differently. Scared that I wouldn't be able to handle losing. That's what it felt like anyway. I was being put in matches over the world title matches. Hype wise, I was all over posters and videos. I'm trying to tell them, 'don't worry about me put me at the bottom' but they didn't have that. So, going from basically BEGGING to be at the bottom of the card, to essentially BEING at the bottom of the card... Maybe I was wrong?

*D begins to laugh, as Steve chuckles into the mic.*

By bottom of the card you mean like the rookies and stuff?

Yeah, it's not a bad thing at all. You get your spot and you hold that spot. I'm happy to just be back in a ring. It's all coming back to me. Starting the show, I don't mind, closing is cool, but you get the chance to set the pace the lower you are. If you don't get put on a show, you... Pissed someone off or something. I'm trying not to swear here.

Shouldn't take long for that seal to break...

I'm guessing it doesn't take long?

You should hear him! Even Mandee has been picking it up, so when he's just cursing up a storm she'll be running around the house repeating what he said!

S*** p*** f*** c*** c***sucker motherf***er t*** farts turd t***.

*There is a mixture of gasps for air and laughter as DC just hauls off with a flare of George Carlin. The words you can't say on the air.*

Okay, let's not get cancelled or pulled off the air here...

Told you.

Noted.

Now, you got sidelined with an injury almost two months ago. You were in a match and... Saboteur wins, pretty quickly.

Because I got distracted...

Of course, we all know he got the jump on you (sarcasm). You then get attacked by Drake Callahan, and that is when the injury occurred.

Yeah, I'm in a stable called the Sacrificial Alter an-

Aren't you guys some kind of religious radicals or something along those lines?

*Theres a long pause as DC contemplates it.*

...I guess it's easier to put a label on it. But it's more like, uh... I don't really know anymore...

Is REM calling?

*Laughing*Right? I don't know, I've always kind of seen it as basically taking these lessons from Grand Mystique and using them to sort of "better yourself". And we kind of spread the word... Through force...

*Another bit of laugher from DC as he continues.*

But, we've had a target on our backs for a while and this guy, Drake, says he's gonna be the one to take it all down and I guess he wanted to make a statement.

I'd say he managed to do that.

He nearly broke my fu-

*Lindsey smacks DC across the chest before he can continue. A bit of a pause from DC.*

He nearly broke it. The longer he held in his submission the more I could feel that something wasn't right. So the doctors looked at it, they made a judgement call. And I was sidelined...

So you're gonna get back and have a match to even it out?

Oh next time I see Drake I'm gonna punch him in the throat. I got a match with him, so I'll get my chance. But if I get a shot before... I WILL take it.

You gonna bring a bazooka with you?

Oh Jesus you saw that too?? I'm never gonna live that down I swear...

It was pretty ridiculous.

It wasn't my idea! It got handed to me, they told me the plan, I said... Screw it... Nightmares ensue.

The match you're talking about a six man tag match between the Sacrificial Altar versus Los Magnificos Dragons and Drake Callahan.

Yes, I guess this is gonna be like a ppv themed type of show, not really sure. Something about the Mayhem Title retiring.

It looks like your buddies in the Altar have been having some trouble with these guys.

I have no idea.

You haven't watched?

No. We had some trouble adjusting to him getting back into the ring. So when he got injured I called him and I started taking him to his appointments and stuff. Until he got the okay, he agreed to kinda step back during that time and try to help balance the two lives.

Look at you, being all responsible.

*DC shrugs, closing his eyes with a stupid smile.*

I was bored... And I can't cook...

*Lindsey scowls at him.*

But neither can she, so...

*Another smack across DC's chest as Lindsey goes into attack mode. The four start to laugh as Lindsey just stares at DC, daring him to keep talking trash.*

So you think you can come back strong?

I don't know. The one dude in the Dragons... El Califa, I haven't really seen too much of him, but I know of him by being around others talking about him.

You think he matches up well against you?

No clue. Since I returned the only person I haven't faced off twice against has been Krypto...

That's the alien guy right?

Yeah, he's crazy. But he beat me so, I gotta swallow my pride on that one.

You seemed pretty sure of yourself going into that one, was pretty surprised to see you lose it.

*DC kind of rolls his eyes.*

He's an alien?

He thinks he is anyway. But it's a dude. I think.

*A hesitant laugh comes out of Kelli and Lindsey.*

I think it's El Califa, the more I say it it just sounds like Queen Latifa... But it's him and Amber Warren.

Whats she like?

She's short...

That's all you have on her?

All I'm allowed to have on her...

*D mockingly points towards Lindsey. Adding to the chuckle of Frogman. *

I don't know these people and it kind of hurts to say that. They do what I do for a living, we're all in the same boat. I have one opinion of Drake Callahan, which is basically... F*** that dude. Sorry... I don't care if you wanna send a message or get yourself some attention, fine. Have enough balls to try that when I'm standing. Like, I've been told to do that, to do what he did. Differences come up when you're told to do something and what you would do if you had the chance are on different spectrums. Now, me personally, I'm gunning for him. He is the target. I will make it abundantly clear to him. He will see me knock his ass out. I'm not a saint though, I've broken my own rule, but... Turn about is fair play.

That sounds kinda hypocritical..

If I told you to play "this song", and you said no, that's you talking. If your boss says 'play this song or I will damage you.'... That's a pretty big difference.

Fair enough.

*DC rises a bit from his chair to sit up a bit straighter.*

From that you got the Dragons, who I don't even know. I've heard people say that they've had the Altar's number. But I'm coming in blind to this. So am I prepared to get my ass handed to me by these two? Yeah. Am I worried about it?... No. I'm just coming back, this is my second go at it. I'm gonna stumble, I'm gonna fall... But I'm not going down alone. Someone's going with me. I'm after respect. And I will get it.

Watching you just a couple months ago, I'm hearing two different things. This isn't who I was expecting to show up. With all the Altar stuff and such.

Yeah, I'll probably hear that a lot once I leave here...

Alright my man. Quickly when and where?

Uhhh...

*He points towards Lindsey.*

November twenty third to the twenty fifth is when it'll air but it's out of the Bargos Arena in Paris.

Paris? Really?

*Lindsey nods with a huge smile on her face.*

Let me guess D, you don't really pay attention to where you're going either?

That's why she's here!

Alright well that was WZCW stars DC and Lindsey talking about some 'rasslin and hijinks. It's now nine thirty four, thirty four after nine, you're listening to Froggy ninety eight! Well be back with a forty minute music block after this commercial break.

*As the audio cuts into some commercials all four people in the room stand and remove their headsets. Steve once again reaches out to shake DC's hand. Lindsey walks over giving Kelli a hug.*

Give 'em hell kid.

Always do!

*Lindsey walks past Kelli now and gives The Frogman a hug as well. He beams a smile with the embrace and releases by grabbing her shoulders.*

You take care of him. Don't let him go and get his arm ripped out.

I'll try.

*She laughs and walks back to DC. D opens the door and they're just about out of the door...*

Hey ----!

*D stops, he knows it's coming. He slowly turns to look with a smile already on his face.*

Have a Hoppy Day!

*Steve hits him with it as D lets out a sighing laugh.*

You too man. Great seeing ya.

Likewise.

*Steve takes a seat back at his station as DC and Lindsey exit the screen left of the picture. Kelli leaves to fetch something out of the other room. The scene switches over to DC and Lindsey walking down the hallway away from the studio. This will be the last time they both speak to Steve. The picture slowly fades to black.

The end.*

RIP Steve Kelsey.

Amber: Hmm, wonder if there’s any pineapple juice in here. I miss pineapple juice.

The scene opens to the young dragon standing in front of the huge, stainless steel refrigerator doors in the kitchen. She scans the contents of the shelves noticing that El Califa has a massive supply of vegetables and fruits along with some proteins bars. Amber can’t find any pineapple juice in the refrigerator so she closes the refrigerator doors in disappointment. She then sees her brother Nate, passing by the kitchen and decides to stop him.

Amber: Hey Nate, you seen El Califa around? I gotta give the guy a lecture on how to correctly stuff a refrigerator with food that people actually want to eat. And pineapple juice! How can he not have any pineapple juice?!

Nate shrugs his shoulders at Amber, who is still not pleased that she doesn’t have her pineapple juice. He has a look of confusion on his face, wondering where his sister’s focus is on right now.

Nate: Uhh shouldn’t you be worried about your match on Meltdown?

Amber: I know, I know. But can’t a girl have a glass of pineapple juice? Ugh anyway, have you seen El Califa around or not?

Nate: Yeah, I think he’s downstairs in the private room meditating or something. I don’t think you should –

And right on cue, Amber leaves the conversation as Nate's plea falls on deaf ears and begins to walk down the stairs. Nate just shakes his head at the stubbornness of his sister. Amber then approached a narrow hallway decorated with frames of past events in the career of El Califa. She approaches one frame and notices the caption at the bottom “Japan”. The picture shows El Califa bowing before an audience, seemingly a Japanese audience of course, highlighting some of the places El Califa has been to in his career.

Amber stared at the picture as if she was in a trance, thinking of all the things El Califa has done in his career. After a moment, Amber snaps back to reality and continues down the narrow hallway. The ground is clad with dark green carpet along with many symbols that we see from past El Califa masks. She finally stops before a door, reaching her destination, remembering that this was the place El Califa showed Amber to meditate.

Amber: El Califa?

Amber knocks and after a few seconds, enters the room. Once inside, she sees that the room is dimly lit with the only source of light being the many candles lit in a circle arrangement. After being amazed at the scene, the young dragon sees her mentor maneuvering around, throwing punches and kicks.

Amber: Uhm, El Califa? I’m sorry to bother but can I talk to you for a second?

El Califa ignores her at first, continuing on with his routine. But after a few punches and a few graceful kicks later, El Califa bows and turns to his partner.

El Califa: Yes Amber, how can El Califa help you?

Amber: Well first of all, how is there no –

Amber then retracts what she was about to say as it doesn’t really seem like a big deal. Amber now gets a little embarrassed for even bothering her mentor but she carries on.

Amber: Actually, what was that you were just doing there?

El Califa: Ah yes. What El Califa was doing just then is the art of Tai-Chi. El Califa picked it up in China while touring the world. It’s quite relaxing and helps with your balance. Would you like to try it, Amber Warren?

The look Amber gave El Califa all but surely guaranteed that Tai Chi is something Amber would want to try out but she runs her hand through her hair and getting down to business.

Amber: So on the next Meltdown as you know, it’s the Sacrificial Altar versus you, me, and...Drake Callahan.

Amber gulps a little and waits a moment to see if El Califa would react a little. But behind that mask, it’s kind of hard to tell if El Califa has a reaction without something a little more subtle so the young dragonette proceeds with the conversation.

Amber: Now I know you and Drake have a storied past. I mean like, a really storied past. You guys nearly annihilated each other after all those things you said to each other and all those things you did to each other. I just wanted to know if this is gonna be a problem. Cause as your partner, I only want what’s best for the team right now and –

El Califa holds up his hand which stops Amber from talking. She gets a little tense as she licks her lips and puts her hands in the pockets of her jeans.

El Califa: El Califa appreciates your concern Amber Warren but there will be no problem. El Califa has moved on and is doing everything El Califa can to get ready for the match on Meltdown.

The young dragon lets out a sigh of relief and takes out her hands from her jean pockets. She flashes El Califa a small grin before turning around to walk away. Amber walks a few steps away from El Califa, who seems to be wanting to continue his Tai Chi before Amber walks back towards her partner.

Amber: El Califa, uhm. If you have no problem with Drake, maybe we could meet up with him and see if he’s on the same page with us? I mean, it couldn’t hurt right?

El Califa is surprised as his tag team partner came back to have another word. El Califa holds his head down which gets a reaction from Amber, and it’s not a good one. She’s afraid that she might’ve hit a nerve right there and then persisting too much.

El Califa: Amber, El Califa assures you that that won’t be necessary. El Califa is giving you a guarantee that meeting with Drake at this point will lead to nothing but harsh words exchanged between each other. You see, even if El Califa has moved on, the same can’t be said about Drake.

Amber: See, so why not meet with him to clear the air?

El Califa: Amber, you don’t understand. If the meeting happens, nothing good will come out of it. El Califa assures you that as long as Drake Callahan doesn’t do anything to jeopardize our match at Meltdown, there will be no problem with Los Dragones Magnificos and Drake Callahan.

Amber: But El Califa –

El Califa: El Califa said no!

Amber is taken aback from El Califa’s response. Despite being behind a mask, it’s clear that El Califa regrets lashing out at his tag team partner. In response, Amber just lets out a sigh of disappointment before turning back and exiting the room.

As she closes the door, Amber reaches into her pocket and pulls out her blue HTC One phone while reaching into her other pocket, pulling out a small piece of paper. Amber begins dialing some numbers and waits a bit. Her call goes to voicemail and she doesn’t hesitate to leave a message.

Amber: Hey, uhm, it’s Amber Warren. So you know that at Meltdown, we’ll be tag team partners. And I know you and El Califa have a lot of bad blood in the past. That’s all it is, in the past. But after just talking with El Califa and your recent actions, I think we need to clear the air. So call me back when you get this message so that we can all get this over with. Please.

The scene shifts to what seems to be an office. The cameras zoom in on a desk where the answering machine is placed in. A finger pushes on the button and the message from Amber Warren plays over. Zooming out, Stoya looks infront of her but we can’t see who she’s looking at.

Stoya: I say we humor the young girl. We’re going Drake.

The cameras again zoom out and we see Drake Callahan sitting on the couch after listening to the voicemail Amber Warren just left. Drake’s eyes go big as he looks absolutely disgusted that Stoya would even suggest and agree to what Amber Warren just said in the voice mail.

I stepped into the relative dim lighting of the gym in comparison to the bright outdoors, following Stoya and letting the door swing shut behind me. I was on edge almost immediately. I shouldn't have agreed to this. Maybe the girl was right - maybe I did need to talk to El Califa Dragon - but I didn't need to meet him on his own territory.

"We shouldn't have come here,"
I started saying to Stoya, but before she could turn around and respond, Amber Warren was practically bouncing out of the back, all smiles. Stoya finished turning, but only rolled her eyes. I could nearly read her thoughts.

Here comes the welcome wagon.

Amber made her way up to us and offered her hand. Stoya shook it reluctantly. I took it with slightly more enthusiasm. I wasn't enthused about the girl, but she was a solid competitor. She'd chosen the wrong friends, but other than that, I didn't have anything against her. I even forced a smile.

"Hi, welcome,"
she said. "Can I show you guys around? Or get you something to drink? We have...uh, water..."

I raised my hand and cut both her and Stoya off, my elegant companion no doubt readying some cutting remark.

"Amber, I just want to get this over with. You got me here, I held up my end of the bargain. Where is he?"

Amber stiffened a little and her smile faded, but she nodded nonetheless. "I'll get him. Just hold on a second."

She retreated to the back where she had come, leaving Stoya and I to wait about for a moment. It wasn't very long before the door reopened and Amber emerged - and there he was behind her.

Clad in his usual ring attire and his mask, he looked no different than usual. Same mask, same walk, same everything. I remembered everything. I remembered when I first put the pieces together, when it became so obvious to me that this was Ty Burna in the flesh. I remembered trying to rip his mask off, and him crushing the life out of me with his phoenix splash. I remembered his tricks - Ty's tricks - messing with my head every day and night. I remembered knocking him out.

That was good. I had enjoyed knocking him out.

And I less remembered, and more felt now the doubt. Doubt that he was really Ty Burna. Doubt that he had ever been -

No. He had been. That was obvious. Whether literally in the flesh or if Ty had just had a hold on him, he had been an agent of Ty Burna at least until the Lethal Lottery. That night...when Ty had appeared unmasked for just a minute, only to disappear, as if he were taunting me. I had let it lie in the back of my mind, I had considered the war over, I had turned to other pursuits. The Sacrificial Altar. I was bringing justice. I was bringing salvation. I had gotten over it.

And here he was, staring me in the face again.

The thoughts flashed through my head in mere moments. The two approached me, Amber at a normal pace and Califa at a noticeablely slower one. Was he apprehensive? Or merely cautious? Did he suspect I had been setting him up?

I hated this. Every second of it. Whatever or whoever he was, I didn't want to be in the same room as him, let alone in a match with him.

They pulled close enough, or so they judged, and Califa stopped, folding his arms. Amber kept walking for a step, not noticing at first, before stopping a bit forward of her partner.

We stared at each other. I wondered what was in his eyes. I was trying to send hate through mine, but I worried it would be more like confusion. I got even angrier at the notion of him seeing my weakness.

"So...here we all are..."
Amber began, trailing off.

"Let me ask you a question," I started, a sudden thought coming to me. "If I asked you to take the mask off right now - a show of good faith, call it - would you do it?"

He cocked his head sideways before shaking it.

"No. El Califa would not."

I couldn't help but smirk a bit, though it probably looked more like a grimace.

"Yeah. I expected as much. So I'm supposed to trust you, then? Blindly?"

"You are asking as much of El Califa."

"No. I'm not asking you for anything. Banks can make whatever the hell match he wants. I'm telling you to stay away. I don't need you to take out the Altar. Stay out of my fight and I'll handle it. That's what I'm asking of El Califa."

The two of them shared a glance before looking back to me.

"You would have been laid out last round had it not been for us,"
Amber said.

"I could have won that fight. And even if I hadn't, I'd rather lose alone than succeed with him on my side."

El Califa dropped his arms and looked at the floor, shaking his head.

"I just don't get it, Drake. Do you really think he's Ty Burna? After all that's happened? They literally stood next to each other in the same ring, you know."

"Is he literally Ty? Probably not, but I won't count anything out for him."

I raised a hand when I saw her starting to object.

"I said, probably not. But his agent? His ally? His friend? What's to say he wasn't working for him the entire time? What's to say he isn't now? Why's he so interested in defeating the Altar, have you ever asked yourself, Amber? Is it because he's so committed to justice and honor? Or is it because they're in the way of the new Apostles of Chaos?"

"You can't possibly be serious," she said.

"El Califa knows he is completely serious. El Califa knows this one is loco,"
Califa said in response.

"I didn't come here to insult you, El Califa."
I stopped suddenly, realizing how odd it felt to address him to his face by what he said was his name. I brushed it off. "I'm just telling you to stay away. I don't want your help, or your girlfriend's -"

"I am not his girlfriend,"
Amber snapped quickly. "And you're completely full of it. You can't do this alone. You need us."

"I don't need either of you. Do yourself a favor, Amber, and get away from him while you still can. There's a hell of a lot more to him than you're giving him credit for, and I'll bet you none of it is good."

It felt like it wasn't what I had come here to say, but it was where I'd gotten to. I didn't want his help. I didn't want him as a teammate. I didn't want anything to do with him.

"I'm done here,"
I said.

There was nothing left to say.

Nothing had changed. Nothing. Not Drake Callahan's ignorance, nor El Califa's insistence that nothing good would come of this meeting. He had seen this coming the moment Amber came to his office and announced their arrival. The tension had come back immediately. If the mask that has concealed emotions for so long hadn't been there, she would have seen the anger lit up upon El Califa's face. He was not in the mood for such distractions. The Dragons did not need Drake Callahan to defeat The Sacrificial Altar. We had been successful every step along the way. It didn't matter which of their people they put in front of us, we were victorious. Even their great leader Grand Mystique fell to our hands, not once, but twice. Drake has fallen victim to their numbers games, and in fact WE have saved a man that has no reason to be saved. He has been lost to his own greed and his own demented thoughts for too long. There is nothing to say to a man like this, a man who opposes El Califa in every way possible. We have caused each other suffering few others could comprehend. As El Califa stood there watching Drake and his poisonous woman leaving the sanctity of his gym intact, a thought crossed his mind.

El Califa: Drake Callahan, stop.

Perhaps we had suffered each other long enough.

The doors had closed already, and so El Califa immediately walks through them just as Stoya enters the limo parked outside. Drake had begun entering as well, Califa must stop him before it is too late. He runs to Drake and grabs him by the arm, pulling him from the limo. The look in his eyes, the wild and untamed look in his eyes burn a hole through El Califa's mask, he could feel it. Drake lifts his arm to strike as he pulls him from the limo. El Calfia shakes his head, motioning that he wishes not to fight. Drake remains tense and El Califa finally releases his arm.

Drake: I told you we're done Califa. Unless you have something interesting to say to me, like how you were working for Ty Burna the whole time, then we have nothing to do with one another.

There it is again, the same accusation that he has spouted towards El Califa since El Califa's debut in WZCW. The same old song and dance, though El Califa had already been proven to be his own man. He let his own hatred and anger grow into something.....chaotic, but he was not the Demonio del Caos. The influence of Chaos had worn through, though it was because of this man that it found a home in El Califa's heart in the first place. He could feel his blood pressure rising, anger floating to the top once again. No, they had been down this road before.

El Califa: Maltido idiota! (F*cking idiot!) You mock El Califa time and time again, you bring accusations against him over and over again. And yet in the end, you had the proof right in front of you and all you can do is deny the fact that you were wrong?!

Drake: I know what I saw Dragon, and I saw you acting like Ty, using his maneuvers...

El Califa: Have you considered that El Califa did such things to mock the very threats and beliefs you held against him? It doesn't matter any more Drake Callahan. What matters is the fact that you've needed Los Magnificos Dragones far more than they need you around. So go run to your penthouse suite, have your agent fight your battles for you. You want to fight the Altar by yourself? Fine by me, but know this Drake, it just proves how much of a fool you are again.

Drake: How dare you talk towards me like that? Don't you realize what I went through that whole time? Seeing shadows behind me, looking over my shoulder for that wretched snake Ty Burna to appear. This started because of you!

El Califa: Shut the hell up and listen to me for once.

El Califa had grabbed Drake and had him against the wall of the gym, his forearm pressed into his chest as he went mask to face with the man he'd love nothing more than to tear apart right here in his hometown. El Califa didn't know if this would get through to him, but it didn't matter to him. This was something that had plagued El Califa for months on end. It was time to come clean.

El Califa: The man that currently has you by the collar is El Califa Dragon. He is a proud Mexican warrior that has crafted his profession in this very town in this very fucking gym for the past thirteen years. He has watched those just like you Drake Callahan excel. He has seen then fall to rock bottom. You know what that is like don't you Drake? If not El Califa can certainly tell you.

The dumpster next to El Califa, he looked briefly in the corner as Stoya and Amber had emerged at the scene now, the two yelling at one another. Califa reaches up as he presses Drake against the wall, grabbing an empty bottle of tequila from the edge of the dumpster. El Califa holds it up to Drake's face, perhaps a wake up call was needed for this delusional mind.

El Califa: You know damn well what it's like Drake. Lying in a gutter at night, drinking until you blackout. Not knowing how you got home the next morning. Nothing to live for except the bottom of another bottle. Do you recall that Drake? Do you?!

El Califa didn't care about the response, it didn't matter, he didn't care if Drake actually did or not, the point was his words making a point.

El Califa: This is what you drove El Califa to Drake Callahan. A broken man who's only guardian angel was the contents of this bottle. And the bottle before, and the bottle before. You had left me a ruined man Drake, but El Califa still stands before you. You looked for weaknesses in me in the past, and you do just as we stand here now. This was my weakness. This....this is what it's worth to me now!

El Califa smashed the bottle against the brick wall, the glass showering down to the ground around their feet. El Califa held the neck of the bottle, the sharp edges glistening and dripping with blood. He tossed the bottle aside, shoving Drake Callahan to the side. El Califa stares down Drake Callahan, unsure of what El Califa was getting at.

El Califa: We have caused each other enough pain Drake. Physically, mentally, emotionally. There is nothing left for us to fight with. El Califa has come back from the streets. He has fought his way back, and now he finds himself at the Crossroads with the very man that sent him there. You moved on to the World Title, El Califa found the mind numbing alcohol. It's time to let this die once and for all Drake Callahan. We can do this over and over again. What's done is done, we have more important things to worry about, you and El Califa face have the opportunity to drive a stake in the heart of The Sacrificial Altar! For once in your miserable life Drake, think about the result and the good that will come of this rather than your own selfish wants!

Amber had begun approaching from the corner of El Califa's eye, but he held his arm out, motioning for her to stop. Drake had adjusted his collar, cracking his neck as well as El Califa could see he was taking everything he said in. El Califa crossed his arms as Drake paced back and forth, his head down and his hands on his hips before finally turning to El Califa.

Drake: I don't trust it Califa. I don't trust you. I haven't since the first time I saw you. Who's to say you're not working with the Altar secretly, and have you and your little group have me where you want me? Is she in on it too?

Drake pointed over my shoulder at Amber who begins protesting loudly. El Califa swats his hand away and shakes his head angrily.

El Califa: The only game, the only plan here Drake is that we want the same thing you do for once. Los Magnificos Dragones are tired of walking around with the Altar scuttling in the shadows trying to nip at our tails. We are all above dealing with vermin such as this. At Meltdown you and the Dragons can rise above and bring our boots across their necks! All three have proven their worth, and this is the battle that will put an end to it all Drake. If you wish to take off after the bodiless head and destroy Grand Mystique, El Califa will give you that satisfaction. They are a plague upon WZCW, this you agree with El Califa, and they must be put down.

Drake retracts his arm and puts his hand to his chin, contemplating the words once again. He turns to Stoya and walks towards her, whispering to one another as Amber walks up to El Califa, whispering to him as well.

Amber: Do you think you got through to him El Califa?

El Califa: Perhaps, if not the Dragons shall do this themselves.

Drake: Alright.

El Califa turned his head towards Drake and Stoya, Amber watching curiously as well. El Califa and Drake slowly walk towards each other, their faces mere inches from one another. The tension was thick, the Mexican Sun blazing the pavement around them. Drake slowly takes a step back and holds his hand out.

Drake: Whatever intentions you had in the past El Califa, are in the past. We have put each other through hell, and we share that one single bond of being tormented by that snake Ty Burna. I see a man who should have nothing but distaste and hatred towards me offering forgiveness and a chance to wash away all sins. Was I wrong to accuse you of being Ty Burna? Perhaps. Perhaps not. What matters most is that the essence of Ty Burna still trickles on in WZCW through The Sacrificial Altar. I will not rest until I put what remains of the chaos Ty Burna bred into WZCW. We both have our reasons El Califa, but now is the time to finish this once and for all.

El Califa nodded his head towards his former adversary, stepping forward and the two clasp hands, a new resolve had formed upon the face of Drake Callahan. Closure, though not in the way El Califa had ever dreamed of attaining it, had become his. The past settled, the present was imperative. The future for both Los Magnificos Dragones and Drake Callahan prepared to be unveiled.

El Califa: The Altar fractures under the pressure Los Magnificos Dragones and yourself have put them under Drake. Grand Mystique's influence has faltered, and now is our time to shatter what is left. Once Mystique is all alone is when you can kill what is left of the serpent.

Drake: And he'll have nowhere to run when I hunt him down. Until Meltdown El Califa. Amber.

Drake nods his head towards the Dragons before he and Stoya enter their limo and take off, El Califa watching them closely as the black vehicle disappears in the distance towards the airport. El Califa takes a deep breath and finally let's his shoulders relax. Amber slowly walks up to Califa and puts a hand on his arm.

Amber: Califa, I'm sorry for making you go through that.

El Califa: No Amber, this is what was needed for quite some time. He thanks you for taking the initiative and calling them. You have started to become assertive, no longer the timid student that first arrived here. You have come a long way since then.

Amber smiled to El Califa before hugging him tightly. El Califa hugs her back, his eyes staring down the road still.

El Califa: Come, it's been a long day. El Califa shall close the gym up. You head back to the villa and get Nate.

Amber: Where are we going Califa?

El Califa: After today, El Califa needs a drink.

Amber looks up with a concerned look, about to admonish Califa for going back to drinking but Califa chuckled to break up the mood.

El Califa: He promises to not go overboard. The shadows have past, and the dark clouds have cleared overhead. The present and the future is all Califa worries about Amber, and that means focusing on us as Los Magnificos Dragones!

Whether Drake was virtuous in his words or not, the fact remains that they were on the same page for this one fight. Both he and El Califa understood that they walked in as warriors of the same moral side, two forces that nearly tore each other apart now together on the same team. Afterwards they would go their separate ways, Drake for Grand Mystique, and El Califa with Amber Warren focusing finally on the tag team champions. He had not forgotten their transgressions from the week before, they would pay in due time. The Altar must be finished if they are to move forward, and that is exactly what they shall do. El Califa and Amber Warren walked into the gym, lights flicker off as the scene fades to black before returning to the back of the limo with Drake and Stoya.

Stoya: Are you truly over it?

Drake: Over what?

Stoya: El Califa and Ty Burna.

Drake sits up and stares right towards Stoya, his eyes widening at the mere thought.

Drake: El Califa can believe in his moral victories for all I fucking care Stoya. If he works for Ty Burna or not right now he's a tool I can use to take down the dregs of the Altar, leaving Grand Mystique all for myself. Nothing has changed. If El Califa is an agent of Ty Burna, then I'll put him down just like The Sacrifial Altar.

Stoya sighs as she shakes her head as Drake sits back and lights up a cigarette. Exhaling slowly a smirk forms on his face.

Drake: Time's up Mystique. I hope you enjoy being hanged by your own words.

The scene fades to black.

Brother Mason Westhoff always did his best to avoid media appearances for WZCW. He felt it made his media work for the ministry seems less important, plus, he found it difficult to care about anything in the company that didn’t involve him. The current European tour took away most of his usual reasons for avoiding the appearances, however.

That’s how Brother Westhoff found himself sitting at a table in Lyon, France next to a WZCW-provided translator in a room full of French press and WZCW fans. Once the room fills to capacity, the event’s emcee begins.

Qui a une question pour Brother Westhoff? (Who has a question for Brother Westhoff?)

He surveys the crowd before choosing a portly man in the third row.

Etes-vous déçu que le Grand Mystique n'est pas ici? (Are you disappointed that The Grand Mystique isn’t here?)

After having the question translated, Brother Westhoff pauses to gather his thoughts before answering.

It is disappointing, but he has made it clear that if The Sacrificial Altar is to remain a united force in WZCW, Whitman and I need to perform at a higher level. This is a chance for us to prove that.

After the answer is translated to the crowd, the emcee chooses another man to ask Brother Westhoff a question.

Êtes-vous heureux d'avoir D.C. en arrière? (Are you glad to have D.C. back?)

All you have to do is look back at the Elimination Chamber match at Kingdom Come for that answer. He and I have never seen eye to eye, but I respect him as a competitor and I’m excited to see how he’ll do now that he’s returning.

Que diriez-vous à ceux qui disent The Sacrificial Altar est en train de mourir d'une mort lente? (What would you say to those who say The Sacrificial Altar is dying a slow death?)

The Sacrificial Altar will continue to be a force in WZCW as long as The Almighty wants it to be. We have accomplished a lot in The Almighty’s name already and if The Almighty is willing, we will continue to do so. None of us have a say in the matter; Not I, not The Grand Mystique, not D.C., not David Whitman.

Quand allez-vous quitter WZCW et revenir à votre ministère à plein temps? (When will you leave WZCW and go back to your ministry full time?)

As long as The Almighty wants me to. I have enjoyed WZCW and the wrestling business as a whole much more than I had anticipated, but when it is time for me to leave, The Almighty will tell me.

As the translator is relaying the answer, a man in a black ski mask stands up and screams in English:

It’s all over, Westhoff!

The screen goes black as four gunshots ring out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back