Matt Hardy buried?

colalella2891

Pre-Show Stalwart
Well, on Smackdown this week we saw a tag team match between the teams of Matt Hardy/R-Truth and Kane/McIntyre. This was Matt's first match on Smackdown in a while, and he was pinned by Drew McIntyre... :wtf:
Matt Hardy... pinned by that newcomer. That was a serious jobbing if you ask me. So is Matt Hardy considered buried, and is he gonna end up how he was back in 2005-2006 on the Smackdown roster, jobbing and doing nothing?

I have a feeling that we won't be seeing much of Matt Hardy until his brother's legal troubles are through. It's likely he'll be by his side to deal with them and that may be why we haven't seen much of him. I have a feeling they want to bury him for a little while so that he's not in any major storylines and can go support Jeff when ever needed.

That's just a guess, though. It's not exactly good for his career...but a guy's gotta prioritize.

I don't see what's so great about McIntyre.I mean,Vince calls him badass,his debut match is on a PPV and he wins against R-Truth,and then he beats Matt Hardy?WTF?!Are they seriously going to do this to Matt just because his brother left?Matt is way better than alot of people on the roster,my only complaint is the tights,but they need something for Matt.

I really don't get why WWE is doing this to Matt Hardy. Like it's been said, he's better than most of the roster, and it's not fair to do this to him just because of his brother's behavior. I expected Matt Hardy to elevate to the main event after Jeff Hardy's departure. However, since then, he hasn't won any singles matches. Drew McIntyre just doesn't stand out to me... he just your average non-American wrestler. Matt Hardy deserves better... that also goes to R-Truth.

Well, all Matt Hardy does is troll the fans on Twitter and complain "about being punished for others' sins". That's not exactly going to win him favors in the front office. He also is not that great of a wrestler. The only reason he was popular to begin with is because he's Jeff's brother. Without Jeff in the WWE, he's not exactly the most marketable guy. He's also horrible on the mic... with little to no charisma. When have you ever said to yourself, "I have to check out that Matt Hardy match?"

He's also an idiot. He had an injury where his intestines were tearing through his abdomen. He let it get to the point where his intestines exploded through his abdomen, in two spots. Something that could have killed him in the ring. Rather than inform the WWE that he was seriously hurt, he decided to stupidly be a tough guy and work through it because he didn't want his push to end.

Because he was a mark for himself and didn't want his push ended, he became a serious liability to the company. If he actually did die in the ring, the backlash the WWE would have faced would have been through the roof. Matt Hardy's almost as much of an idiot as Jeff is.

He's not deserving of any kind of real push, especially when we've already seen his ceiling. We don't know what kind of ceiling Drew McIntyre has. It's obvious the WWE sees something in him though, and he rightly went over Hardy on Smackdown.

Well, all Matt Hardy does is troll the fans on Twitter and complain "about being punished for others' sins". That's not exactly going to win him favors in the front office. He also is not that great of a wrestler. The only reason he was popular to begin with is because he's Jeff's brother. Without Jeff in the WWE, he's not exactly the most marketable guy. He's also just not that good of a wrestler. He's also horrible on the mic... with little to no charisma. When have you ever said to yourself, "I have to check out that Matt Hardy match?"

He's also an idiot. He had an injury where his intestines were tearing through his abdomen. He let it get to the point where his intestines exploded through his abdomen, in two spots. Something that could have killed him in the ring. Rather than inform the WWE that he was seriously hurt, he decided to stupidly be a tough guy and work through it because he didn't want his push to end.

Because he was a mark for himself and didn't want his push ended, he became a serious liability to the company. If he actually did die in the ring, the backlash the WWE would have faced would have been through the roof. Matt Hardy's almost as much of an idiot as Jeff is.

He's not deserving of any kind of real push, especially when we've already seen his ceiling. We don't know what kind of ceiling Drew McIntyre has. It's obvious the WWE sees something in him though, and he rightly went over Hardy on Smackdown.

As much of a Matt Hardy fanboy that I am, I whole-heartily agree with most of this. He should've taken a break when his injuries were getting serious, and because of that he's slowed down even more in the ring!

On a side-note, he gets a serious pop when his entrance music comes on.

GuyCompton: So, Matt's only popular because he's Jeff's brother? Is that why, at one point, the WWE was moving more Version 1 shirts, than Imag-i-nation? And you blasted Matt for being horrible on the mic, when Jeff was that much worse? Seriously, when's the last time Jeff didn't come off like a whiny little bitch, trying to get sympathy for his past troubles?

As for the injuries thing, yeah, I'll admit that was a little selfish. But, on his myspace account Matt made the comment that he worked through it "For the fans", not to look like a badass. I can see where he was coming from, that even though he had serious injuries, he wanted to entertain us.

And, I don't think Matt's neccessarily getting buried, they're probably just booking him this way so he can make sure his brothers alright.

GuyCompton: So, Matt's only popular because he's Jeff's brother? Is that why, at one point, the WWE was moving more Version 1 shirts, than Imag-i-nation? And you blasted Matt for being horrible on the mic, when Jeff was that much worse? Seriously, when's the last time Jeff didn't come off like a whiny little bitch, trying to get sympathy for his past troubles?

I can't think of any other rational reason for his popularity. He's as bland as it gets. Sure the V1 gimmick was alright at first, but it lost steam and he couldn't find a way to keep it interesting. And besides, the Imag-i-Nation shirts probably didn't sell that much considering Jeff left the company in early 2003.

I never said Jeff was good on the mic either. I do think he's somewhat better than Matt though, which isn't a compliment by any means.

As for the injuries thing, yeah, I'll admit that was a little selfish. But, on his myspace account Matt made the comment that he worked through it "For the fans", not to look like a badass. I can see where he was coming from, that even though he had serious injuries, he wanted to entertain us.

Whatever he needs to tell himself. He worked through it because he didn't want his push to end. It's not like he was putting on good matches either. The feud with Jeff was for the most part a bust.

Other than his 7 really big hardcore fans... nobody gives a shit what happens to Matt Hardy. His best days are behind him. The whole Jeff situation isn't helping Matt out either no matter how wrong that may be. All Matt has left is one more tag title run with some random partner as transition champions. Matt moves like a snail, stale like 2 week old bread, and about as exciting as watching water evaporate. I respect the guy, but I don't like him one bit. I'll preach til the day I die, he peaked at V.1. That was the biggest he would ever get. He'll do nothing better than that ever again. And yes kids, his ECW Title run... still not as good as V.1. He only got that out being a loyal company guy, and being the biggest face on ECW at the time that anyone gave a rat's ass about. Matt's not washed up... but he is. He can still perform... poorly. Unless he somehow drops about 20 lbs and starts flying through the air like a monkey after a case of Red Bull, Matt Hardy's career is pretty much over as far as accomplishments go.

I dont think Matt hardy was buried. I mean yeah he got pined by the new comer but that is only because Triple H is really Behind Drew.

Also I wouldn't necessary complain I mean a young guy over isn't that a good thing. But yeah but i do agree with a post above that until the legal issue's is threw Matt hardy wont be getting that pushed he deserved.

It's ridiculous to accuse Hardy of putting the WWE at risk by working through an injury. The WWE ENCOURAGES these athletes to continue going despite injuries, otherwise they lose money, lose position, etc. The WWE wants guys to work through injuries, so they make them worry about their spot in the company. Unless you're a top of top type guy like Cena, HHH, etc., you're spot is far from guaranteed if you get hurt, and in fact, it's most likely going to be gone when you get back. So, if a guy thinks he can deal with the pain, he goes out there, and does his best. It'd be nice if it wasn't that way, but that's the environment Vince has created.

It's ridiculous to accuse Hardy of putting the WWE at risk by working through an injury. The WWE ENCOURAGES these athletes to continue going despite injuries, otherwise they lose money, lose position, etc. The WWE wants guys to work through injuries, so they make them worry about their spot in the company. Unless you're a top of top type guy like Cena, HHH, etc., you're spot is far from guaranteed if you get hurt, and in fact, it's most likely going to be gone when you get back. So, if a guy thinks he can deal with the pain, he goes out there, and does his best. It'd be nice if it wasn't that way, but that's the environment Vince has created.

Except this was an injury where one wrong bump could have pretty much killed him because HIS FUCKING INTESTINES WERE EXPLODING THROUGH HIS ABDOMEN. It's not a case such as wear and tear where they expect the worker to go through the motions. That kind of injury requires surgery one way or another, so it was really stupid for him to go ahead and work through it as one way or another he was going to miss time. He should have gotten the surgery done back when it was starting to happen, because in the end, he made himself look like an idiot, and went through an insufferable amount of pain.

This is fucking stupid. I've always liked Matt better then Jeff. Why should he suffer professionally because his brother's a dumbass? That's a bitch move by Vince or whoever controls what happens to Matt. Matt works his ass off everytime he steps in the ring, is doing constant promotion and everything else. He's worked with injuries for years, never complained, never bitched and moaned. Matt's entertaining, everytime his music hits, they pop. Period. I hate this so much, because Matt has the potential to help carry Smackdown on his back if given the spot..

I don't see the problem with Matt Hardy being used this way. He's not "jobbing", he's "talent enhancement". If he came out and got squashed in 45 seconds, I'd say he's jobbing, but he works a solid match, building up his opponent, and carrying them through a short feud before they move on.

Kane does the exact same thing, and we all think he needs another title run, so what's the problem with Matt Hardy doing it?

Matt Hardy is being far from buried at the moment. It looked like he was going to replace Jeff for a while there but they rushed Taker back to take that spot, so he was un-needed. That does not mean he is being jobbed out though. I haven't seen him being beaten by a leprechaun yet so there is definitely hope.

I think that NSL is right. He is just doing what a lot of WWE guys are doing at the minute and that is developing some of the younger talent. I also don't think that he is finished necessarily. I think after he is done putting new talent over, he will likely come back strong and be on in the upper-main event scene.

i see matt hardy being like kane is. he might get 1 world title but he will be a jobber. alot of people wanted kane to be a maineventer and alot of people want matt to be a maineventer but i just dont see it happening. plain and simple he's just not good enough.

Well on SD this coming Friday, ( I won't spoil it though) something happens that really pisses me off, and proves once and for all, to me, that Matt is officially buried. Like I said, I'm not gonna give it away, but watch for yourself and tell me that Matt's not buried. I think his career is pretty much shot to Hell now....

This is fairly dissapointing seeing that I am a huge Matt Hardy mark. But as much as I don't like Hardy getting "Unfair Treatment" he hasn't exactly gone out of his way to be marketable either. I mean it takes more than a pair of tights to make an evolution of one's character. Hardy should have pushed for new music, WWE should have had him toy with the idea of creating a new finisher for himself(God knows his more popular brother used it like his own, and we know Matt Hardy isn't going to do any Swantons this lifetime), and also after the injury Matt Hardy should have taken more time off to get into shape(Good Lord is he letting himself go)! As much as I hate to say it I can agree with the WWE at this moment not getting behind Matt Hardy cause he definitely needs an overhaul. Trust me if Matt Hardy wants to be World Champion so bad like he is always saying then he would bust his ass constantly to improve himself.

If Matt at this moment is going to work shorter matches and be used sparingly, then he could take the oppurtunity to get himself back into shape and fine tune his wrestling style. I'm not saying Matt Hardy has to go back to doing 450 splashes or springboard moonsaults(watch old Hardy Boys matches he definitely was just as agile and daredevilish as Jeff), but find a nice balance and a new finisher that will get his fans more interested in his matches. Hell maybe a valet or manager is in order to give Matt a fresh new start(shoot maybe re-unite him with Michael Hayes).

At the end of the day I'm a huge Matt Hardy fan and would love him to achieve Main Event status. Maybe his brother's troubles may be hindering him, but at the end of the day everybody is their own person. Matt Hardy is a very popular wrestler. Regardless of what match he is in he will consistently get great pops. The WWE knows this which is why they toss him a bone every once in a while. But the WWE and Matt Hardy need to work together on how to make Matt Hardy a money maker. First off continue changing his look(maybe haircut and definitely get back into shape), change his damn music(his theme is almost 10 years old while other wrestlers like Triple H, Cena, and Orton will get constant music changes if desired), vary his wrestling arsenal a little bit(for sure a new finisher), and if his slogan is "I will not die" then maybe take something from that and work upon it. So unless Matt Hardy helps to improve himself then I see nothing more than a transitional IC title reign for him. I hate to type this cause I love Matt Hardy but he has to help himself if he expects WWE to want to take him to the next level.

Sorry for the rant, this is definitely a topic that interest me.

This really sucks. Matt Hardy is a hard worker and has earned the right to face off in the main event scene and here is stuck again and his brother Jeff's legal issues are going to go on for a while. Matt has come so far in the last year and now this is happening to him. It's a damn shame.

I don't think he got buried, because for some reason, WWE likes McIntyre. I wish that Matt Hardy got a push because I have always thought that he was more talented in the ring and on the mic than Jeff.

Matt isn't buried for now. I believe he's in limbo for right now until Jeff's matter is settled. WWE may think that Matt either did take some/help traffick Jeff's drugs, IF Jeff took/trafficked them. Plus, all new guys go against older guys and win a match, so I wouldn't qualify Matt as buried yet. Plus, he may have been pinned by McIntyre, you have to remember he was weakned after getting his ass handed to him a bit by Kane.

Matt is NOT buried. Come on, for fucks sake. Can't you people look logically at this. Matt is past his prime, he may not ever be a main eventer but he's always going to have a job and some respect in the management and locker room of WWE. He's a good worker and a loyal company man, the last thing they are going to do is bury and fire his arse.

Matt is now taking on the role that Finlay, Kane, Dreamer, Goldust etc do, PUT OVER NEW FUCKING TALENT!

If he was being beat by a midget week in week out, fine. He's not. He's being given the job to put over the new guys. It's a god damn compliment that he's losing to a guy like Drew if Vince is so high on him. If WWE is so high on Drew and they send him out to pin Hardy then Hardy is the well established superstar that he proves he's got it against.

GROW THE FUCK UP. Matt Hardy is NOT fucking buried. Fucking hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back