Matt Hardy and Christian tag team?

Sora/roxas

Pre-Show Stalwart
Now these 2 have been in a fued the past few weeks but it looked like thats behind us now. So, should the 2 most decorated tag team superstars team up and make another face tag team?

IMO they should. It would provide another face tag team that the wwe needs badly. They have 2 currently but could anyone see Kolzlov and Santino holding the titles. That leaves the Hart Dynasty. Now once they lose the titles who faces the winners? another heel team? No. It should be these 2.

they clearly have chemistry as shown in their tag team match on tonites SD!.

Opinions?

this is a great Idea and I could get behind this.

1/2 of 2 of the greatest tag teams of all tiem to form one common tag team, these to ha ve chemistry together and you made a good point about there only being one face tag team beside Kozlov and santino.

It could work. If you put them in good matches than I think these two could definately be successful. Since I doubt they will accomplish much in their singles careers, then why not make them successful where they preform the best at? The tag team division.

The two could possibly have a couple good runs and win a few championships untill someone turns on the other, making for a great fued. I hope that's how things work out.

It could work I mean they are both great singles competiors but they are also remebered for being awesome in the tag team department with Jeff {Matt} and Edge {Christian}.

Maybe this will lead to something like them winning the unified tag team titles. I mean they seem to be doing well as a team and the fans love both of them give them a shot at the unified tag team titles. As soon as a heel team has them that is or turn Matt and Christian heel and let them face the Hart Dynasty.

It could work but I dont see why the WWE would waste these talented superstars on a tag division that no one really cares about. I see these two fueding with eachother anyway and they will prob have a match at SSLam maybe a TLC or Ladder match. If there is no plans for either of these two to win gold in the future (which i really hope isnt the case) then I think they should be put to use putting younger stars over and not forming a tag team.

This may actually be a good idea. Matt has ALWAYS been in the shadow of Jeff, something I dispise because I've always liked Matt more (go on, crucify me for it) and Christian hasn't been as successful as Edge has. They're both massively over with the fans, they both put on the best performances they can (I'd rather watch a mid-carding Christian than a top-of-the-roster John Cena) and they both have especially decorated backgrounds as Tag Teamers. Both have been loyal to the company and deserve ATLEAST this push.

The fact of the matter is all it does is add another tag team to the division. And once again it's just a thrown together team of two singles stars. Now don't get me wrong these two have done great things with their former tag teams. Who could forget the times of E&C and the Hardy Boyz. Two legendary tag teams from WWE from the late 90s. So what is the point of taking the two of them throwing them together? I believe it's just add another team to the ranks, and while that's not a bad thing it just seems a bit random.

Hardy and Christian had great success in the tag team division back when there was an actual division. It was a strong division and they were the two top pushed teams of that time, alongside the Dudleyz. Since their teams when on to singles competition Christian and Hardy have had really lackluster runs as singles stars. Scratching and clawing at the midcard for what has seemed like and eternity. And I know that both of these guys deserve way better than what they get. So what does WWE do with them?, they throw them back in the division they were at years ago. Why does this need to happen again? Is its just to add one more team to the non existent division?

NO NO NO NO NO!! No more tag teams for them. I wish they never shook hands this SD! They need to feud with eachother. It's always best to be remembered in a singles career. For example: ---5 years from now--- "Oh remember E and C, oh yeah they were great and Edge even went off to great singles career with 9 world titles! Oh yeah and Christian...became a great ECW champion...:disappointed:"

I think they should remain focused on their singles career. And having a feud between the two would he great. They are both friends outside of the ring and they both know how to carry a feud well. So why not? If it's a success, then they might get the main event status that they have both been waiting for and they wont retire as "The other guy" between their successful tag team partners.

I think we're looking too much into this. I don't see them coming together as tag team wrestlers. It's a past chapter in their career. They don't need to build their legacy as tag team wrestlers more. They both have over 6 tag team championship reigns, why add more?

The only thing they would do to the division would be putting on great matches. But for it to properly affect the division it would need to be done over a longer period of time. They wouldn't be able to just stop and get a singles push. Because it would drop the tag team division on it's head.

And don't get me wrong, the tag team division can handle itself. But to put 2 former tag team stars of this caliber in the division, then have them leave soon after. That's no good. These great matches are needed in the singles division where they can put over the future talents. Not the future tag team talents which will most certainly be split eventually as well.

Besides, Matt and Christian as tag team wrestlers, together? I don't wanna see two former enemies wrestling in the division they were feuding in years ago.

I was fixing to make this thread and you beat me to it

NOthese 2 were enimes when they were in thier tag teams and i dont want them taging. I say turn Christian heel and have them fued(even though i would much rather see Christian as World Heavyweight Champion) but these 2 can are great in the ring and can carry a great fued and Christian works better as a heel. Hell even if they dont fued TURN CHRISTIAN HEEL . I mean theses men have what 8 or more Tag titles why add more. I'm just hoping both these men have atleast One World title run before they hang up the boots. Because Christian has 3 i think but its in TNA and until WWE buys TNA(not trying to be mean but if TNA keeps going the way they are then i say in 2011 WWE buys TNA again not trying to be mean just my opion)
Its not reconginozed in WWE. Even though im hoping Christian gets more I mean i would LOVE to see at WM Tables Ladders and Chairs Edge vs. Chrisitan for WWE Championship or World Heavyweight Championship as the Mainevent Hell any PPV i would love to see it with Christian winning and proving whos the better partner(I Can Dream right?)

Great idea! Matt and Christian aren't doing anything of importance so let's throw them together in a go-nowhere tag team called The Janettys!

Seriously though, Matt and Christian are doing exactly what they should be doing. Putting over younger guys who actually have a chance at the world titles. Not sure what was the point of having Matt go over McIntyre in their feud though.

Maybe this could work, but these two should be trying to be World Champion not being in a tag team. These two have been there done that with the tag team division, and they don't need to go down that road again. They are both really over with the crowd, they both can put on great matches and they both deserve to be World Champions. Yeah they could elevate the tag team division because of their tag team background but like I keep on saying they both deserve to be World Champion.

If these two aren't going to be pushed in singles titles then make them a team! Matt and Christian have so much energy and have the crowd behind them and can be a great team together. Like the earlier posts, 1/2 of two of the best teams ever as one? Hell yeah do it! They looked good Friday and should get a shot at the gold at some point. The tag division needs teams. Pair these two and push them dammit!

Going into MITB, Christian and Hardy were kinda trying to up eachother to finally reach the big one. In the match they both were on top of the ladder fighting for the breifcase with nobody else moving until they knocked eachother off the top and that pretty much ended it for both of them.

Since then we've seen combinations of Christian or Hardy vs. McIntyre or Rhodes many weeks now. After SD last night, I'm starting to wonder if WWE might team up these two on SD and we have a new tag team. It could be an interesting idea, but it's probably only a thing to keep them busy until they get an idea for all 4 of these guys.

But these 2 guys are innovaters of TLC and have never really teamed together, but it could make sense to pair them up. Innovaters, both were in some of the greatest tag teams, or at least in the Attitude Era, both ECW Champions, neither a World Champion, and this could make them repspect eachother. Would ya'll like to see these two team up and maybe even make a run for the WWE Tag Team Titles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back