Match 3: Arn and Ole Anderson vs. Mick Foley and Terry Funk

The Anderson vs. Funk and Foley

• The Anderson

• Jack and Charlie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
All of these matches take place inside of a WWE Ring with WWE Rules.

The Match will be open for a week.

You are voting on Arn and Ole Anderson circa Mid 80's/Original Four Horsemen vs. Mick Foley and Terry Funk (Cactus Jack and Chainsaw Charlie)

The Andersons win this one in what really should be a landslide. Most of us weren't around to see them, but those two were masters of tag wrestling. They were some of the best ever for just picking someone apart and beating them into the ground. Also, they'd have Tully or Ric helping them out. Andersons dominate.

I'd rather watch a Foley & Funk match any day. But they were a makeshift team, never meant to last. The Andersons, easily.

Andersons win on so many levels.Pure team work,Actual team,and most importantly the Horseman.Foley and Funk have one advantage- weapons.And WWE rules normally don't alone weapons....whoops..............Andersons take it by a mile.

Oh, man would I have loved to see these two teams go at it in their primes. I'd say the Andersons win within the confines of a WWE rules match. It's not so much an advantage for them, as it is a complete disadvantage for Cactus Jack and Chainsaw Charlie, who's only success as a team came with weapons and gimmick matches. The Andersins would be able to take one of them, and methodically pick them apart.

The Anderson's win.

Andersons would win this match. They would win it if it was a hardcore match even, and what a match that could be. Arn gets the pin.

Ugh...I want to take Foley and Funk in this but that would be going against my better judgment, Arn and Ole are just better as a team, this would be one hell of a match but and Foley/Funk would get their share of near falls, but the Andersons would walk out the winners

Chainsaw Charlie & Cactus Jack can beat the crap out of just about everyone. Especially the Andersons. Nothing from the Andersons has particularly impressed me, but then again, old-school wrestling rarely has. Just not my bag. Funk & Foley are dangerous because they will take any bump and do anything to win. Trust them to kick ass.

This is an easy one. Arn and Ole Anderson will tear apart Foley and Funk with their superior tag team skills. This will be a long match, but mostly because Foley and Funk don't know how to give up.

The Andersons win this one HANDS DOWN. Funk and Foley arent even a tag team, and like many said without weapons they dont stand a chance. Flair and Tully would be at ringside before too long and psyche Foley and Funk out. Andersons in dominant fashion.

Arn and Ole ftw... The match being contested under normal rules and what not left the vetran hardcore wrestlers without much of a chance, thats not to say Foley and Funk can't wrestle in a normal match, just that I think the tag team skills of the Andersons give them the edge here.

Arn and Ole were surgeons in the ring. They truly epitomized tag team wrestling as heels - cutting the ring off, work on the one man, build towards the hot tag, etc. They were not flashy, they were not over the top - but they were DAMN believable. They both cut promos, they both worked in the ring, and they're both legends now.

Jack and Funk, similar to another Spam Zone thread, were one of those fashionable, "thrown together" teams. These two were teamed up to oppose the New Age Outlaws for a short time, and the tie that binded them was their Hardcore History. They were a well built temp-team designed to get the Outlaws over as a legit team. But Funk and Foley worked MUCH better as enemies rather than friends.

In the first true blowout of this tourney, the Andersons win impressively over Jack and Charlie 23-1.

My Thoughts: Pretty simple pick. Cactus Jack was great at this point in his career, but Terry Funk was just a shadow of his former self. Sure, he won a Heavyweight title the year before, but that was a gimmick and a nostalgia run if there ever was one. They had impressive outings against the Outlaws, but the Outlaws were no where near the team the Andersons were in the mid 80's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back