• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Masters Getting Another Push

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
Source - Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Vince made the decision last week to give WWE RAW Superstar Chris Masters a renewed push. Masters was in the midst of a push last summer, before being suspended for violating the WWE Wellness Policy.

Not good news. But I feel he has more potential than Lashley. I dont expect it to ammount to much though. By the signs of his physique he'll be suspended again in the near future.

I actually hope Masters push, pushes him to a title match. Honestly I think that if WWE is trying to give some other heels a chance for the title besides Orton and Edge, then I would definatly choose Masters. He can be just as cockey as both Orton and Edge, not to mention he has power like Lashley, and Mic skills to go along with it. Frankly if it ever came down to Masters and Cena, then well go Masters

Maters getting a push? Noot suprising seeing how is gaining all his size back. I am sure he is back on the cycles, discretely IMO being pushed to do so by Vince. Don't forget who controls the wellness prgram at the end of the day. The wellness program is a joke, and is a great way of turfing talent you don't want/need anymore. Let's face it, most wrestlers are on something, let's not be naive. However failing a drug test is a perfectly justifiable, reason to terminate or suspend someone...End of the day as long as you are in Vince's good books, take what you want...if Masters fuck's up, makes vince look bad..de-push ala jobbing to super crazy, or just straight up gone..."wellness program violation"

I agree i think Masters Is a great wrestler and his push is long overdue. Go Chris Masters!

Warning for spam, give reasons.

And if you think he's a great wrestler your wrong. He's not a terrible wrestler like Khali. But he isn't a good or average wrestler ever. But he's still young. I believe he's 24 so he's got plenty of years to learn. His gimmick is fine. And while he currently is a bit bland I think he has charisma in him somewhere.

I'd honestly have to see more his actual wrestling to judge the guy. All I've seen is a few random matches with people like Super Crazy (who could make anyone look good). Mostly just seen Masterlock Challenges. One things for sure though, they better give him a new finisher. The Masterlock is just ******ed. Full-Nelsons were out in the 80s, Vince, and want to know why? Because they are pointless. They hurt a little bit but not much. They're just stupid. Why not have his finisher be the dropkick while you're at it, there's a revolutionary move.

IMO Vince is just looking for a new body-building cocky persona to replace Orton now that he is seemingly being de-pushed. Since Vince wants to push him, he won't send him to ECW obviously. So I'm guessing he'll stay on Raw, where he'll probably have a feud with Santino over the IC Title, before getting a big feud with the likes of HBK or Cena.

Masters look's a bit like Orton. But more muscular and balding. They will sent Masters to the tattoo parlour and make him diet for a while, then just switch them hoping the fan's don't notice.

I like this push. He's just as big of an ass-hole as Edge, Orton and Kennedy, his mat skills are improving to me and he's real good on the mic. Ever since Masters has come back from his suspension, he's stayed out of trouble. Guys like Randy Orton, Shelton Benjamin and Carlito can learn from Masters. Take your punishment like a man, stay outta trouble when you come back, keep the heat off of you and you'll be pushed. Masters just needs to add another finishing move besides the masterlock, The "Torture Rack" like Lex Lugar or a Pile Driver like Paul Orndorff. He's also needs to be sent to Smackdown because guys like Finley, Regal and Benoit will teach him how to work and as long as HHH, HBK, Edge and Orton are at Raw he'll never get a decent push like he should.:robvandam:

I like this push. He's just as big of an ass-hole as Edge, Orton and Kennedy, his mat skills are improving to me and he's real good on the mic. Ever since Masters has come back from his suspension, he's stayed out of trouble. Guys like Randy Orton, Shelton Benjamin and Carlito can learn from Masters. Take your punishment like a man, stay outta trouble when you come back, keep the heat off of you and you'll be pushed. Masters just needs to add another finishing move besides the masterlock, The "Torture Rack" like Lex Lugar or a Pile Driver like Paul Orndorff. He's also needs to be sent to Smackdown because guys like Finley, Regal and Benoit will teach him how to work and as long as HHH, HBK, Edge and Orton are at Raw he'll never get a decent push like he should.:robvandam:

Yah I agree with the end of that. As long as Masters is getting a push it probably won't be as big a push as it would be should he be on Smackdown or ECW for that matter. Looking at it closley from what I can see is that RAW only has two really skilled heels right now in the form of Randy Orton, and Edge. I can definatly see Masters fitting in with them on a heel base on Raw, but could see him being more of a main eventer on Smackdown or ECW right now, but who knows we'll see.

I don't totally understand why Masters would get a push now, just a little bit after Lashley broke the Masterlock. The timing just doesn't make any sense. If he is getting a push, I'd like to see it in the IC division. I've seen youtube clips of Santino Morella, and if those clips are any indication, an IC division of him, Masters, Johnny Nitro, Kenny Dykstra and Jeff Hardy (if the Hardyz drop the Tag Belts after partially restoring the division) would make for a bunch of solid fueds and matches.

I agree with those who say Masters would have a better push on Smackdown or ECW, since the main event scene is a little crowded on Raw. However, I think Masters' push still wouldn't be main-event level, anyway. He'll definitely be in the IC division if he is pushed. He would be great to have on Smackdown but I think he could have some good feuds in the IC division.

Why would Masters get a better push on ECW? There is enough time on that show for the main event level (which Masters is not, especially considering his de-push of late), the Originals/NB fued (which he wouldn't fit into) and Snitsky's stuff. What would Masters do there? He might not be a bad fit to the US title picture on smackdown, but anything he could do there, he could do as part of the IC picture on Raw.

With Undertaker getting injured I think it would do loads of good to send Masters over to Smackdown and have him feud with someone for the title there since the spot is most likley going to be open

No way.. Masters is no where near ready for a main even title run. Having him fued for the WHC would just serve to further lessen the belt's value. Maybe in a few years, and after some character development and in-ring improvement he'd be ready for a main event shot, but right now he is no where near that point.

Masters is a great athlete and one of WWE's best big man currently in the company. I like his style of wrestling and he doesnt use the Master Lock anymore for those of you that said he needed a new finisher. In his last match against Super Crazy he won with another move. I forgot the name but it was new non the less. All he needs to do is build on his character. I dont think he needs to work on his in ring ability but improving isnt a bad thing. I just hope this push isnt like his other pushes where he gets over but then they job him out again. Master's is definitely not main event material yet.

I don't think the move Masters used to finish off Super Crazy was his new finisher. I'm pretty sure it was a counter to Crazy going for a wheelbarrow bulldog. So if that is the case, he does need a new finisher still.

Warning for spam, give reasons.

And if you think he's a great wrestler your wrong. He's not a terrible wrestler like Khali. But he isn't a good or average wrestler ever. But he's still young. I believe he's 24 so he's got plenty of years to learn. His gimmick is fine. And while he currently is a bit bland I think he has charisma in him somewhere.

See thats the thing, its the same thing with alot of the younger stars these days, they are young enough to develop into decent Workers at least when paired with the right person, however Charisma while can improve is something I dont think you can learn if you dont already have it in some capacity. Why the WWE dont look at getting Managers for these guys I dont know, it would make the world of sense and help get them over to an extent.

What is this push number 545? They have been trying to push him since he got there. I like his music, but his attitude needs a slight tweak, he needs to be more arrogant and cocky than he is. He may have some potential but he shouldn't be moved out of the mid card for now, he needs some more moves and some longer matches to show his worth.

I'd honestly have to see more his actual wrestling to judge the guy. All I've seen is a few random matches with people like Super Crazy (who could make anyone look good). Mostly just seen Masterlock Challenges. One things for sure though, they better give him a new finisher. The Masterlock is just ******ed. Full-Nelsons were out in the 80s, Vince, and want to know why? Because they are pointless. They hurt a little bit but not much. They're just stupid. Why not have his finisher be the dropkick while you're at it, there's a revolutionary move.

Dude the Full nelson is on the restricted move list, like the Piledriver and other moves like that, because it is dangerous, It is also like the Sleeper it doesn't look like it would work but it does. It works by pressing down on the neck Ive done it to my mates, it is actually hard to get out of as well, so it makes the perfect submission finisher for Masters, but if they want to push him to have some credibility, give him another finisher. But as to his Push it seems that if it is a slow push then it could work, because a slow push could bring some credibility to the guy.

Masters should KEEP the master lock... even if Lashley broke it, it's still a great move for him. People say, "Oh it looks so weak" but being in a full nelson really DOES hurt, especially if it were applied by a muscular oaf who was also shaking you violently back and forth. The move doesn't look as good on huge guys like Cena or Lashley but when he's doing it to smaller people I think it looks awesome.

However I do agree that he needs an alternate finisher as well. I'm saying, he shouldn't drop the master lock altogether. But I think he could still win matches with the move if wrestling smaller guys like Jeff Hardy or Super Crazy.

i think its a great idea to push masters,he has the power you want and the charisma. He did pretty decent in his first push if i remember correctly. Besides id rather see him chase for the title instead of khali

I dont like Masters....hes got good entrance music and a good gimic but I cant stand hearing him talk and he isnt exactly a great wrestler. Hes got talent but I think if the WWE pushes him too soon befor ehes ready he will just become another big jobber. Send him to OVW for a few months to improve his in ring skills and then push him.

I agree with shadowmancer, his matches really arn't that interesting... i thinnk he needs a few longer matches where he shows some intensitiy... he could be very interesting in the future

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back