[Mark Madden] RVD = Career Pissant. Nash = nWo

Classic Great match,

I complete agree that the Diesel HBK story of friend to foe was better that any of Rob's, and Nash and HBK are better story teller that rob will ever be.

But in my personal option, if you take out the story line and just watch the match, I feel Rob is more exiting to watch.

I respectfully disagree. I was at the arena for most of the matches Van Damn had that were great for the time. I grew up outside of philly and would pretty much spend my weekends everywhere ECW went. But the fact is the HBK/Diesel street fight not only would outdraw every match Van Damn has ever been in, but was a better production. Less spot wrestling, more ring psychology and a better result.
Now I love Rob especially when he was a heel in ECW because I believe he is better more effective and gets a better reaction from the people when playing the cocky heel.
Another great Nash match I would take over most of the RVD matches especialy post original ECW is Nash/Hart Summerslam or was it survivor series. Nash/Undertaker wrestlemania.

Perhapes what is needed is to show this argument in a different light. Let us say my favorite band is KISS and another person hates them and prefers Rush. Now I will not question that Rush had better music then KISS. But lets look close at the appeals. While Rush may have been the voice of a generation their stage shows were bland and all they had to fall back on was great music. KISS on the other hand gives yoou the most amazing stage show on earth, and usually fun light hearted music. Rush gives you much more by way of classic great music but now struggle to sale out the smallest arenas, on the other hand KISS is in the misdt of the most successful tour of the year. Why? Because they provide more bang for your buck.
Of course RVD is better in the ring. But the cross over audience who do not watch to see five star matches could care less about who is the best in ring performer. Just look at Hogan and Warriors popularity even today if you doubt me. The cross over fan is looking at who gives the most entertainment at the best price possible. Nash even past his prime is better on the mic then 90% of the gusy ou there. Nash can still give better performances and had better creativity then 95% of the roster. It is the same reason Hogan had his Hulkamnia tour over in Australia. RVD will never have that kind thing because he is just not entertaining enough to pull in the casual fan. Nash was and did. And it is why Nash can still be productive and draw while RVD willl never be anything but a glorfied midcarder.

Why is everyone on here acting like midcard is a BAD thing?

!!!NEWS FLASH!!!

Mid card performers are just as important to the show as main eventers. Why? Without the mid carders no one would come to the show. It's like TV you are ONLY as good as your lead in. If your lead in sucks you ratings WILL be low. In the context of a wrestling show if the under card is not exciting people will not stay for the main event. Both Nash and RVD are out of line here, RVD more so. He has gotten an undeniably large ego since he refuses to put over guys TNA deems worthy a KEY part of his job. You people acting like Nash is right 100% seem to forget THIS WAS NASH'S MO IN WCW! When Nash was booker in WCW putting himself over was his ONLY goal. Sure he put DDP in the main even but it was too late to undue the damage guys like him had done to WCW.Nash was nothing more then a cancer to WCW and TNA would be wise to cut out RVD before he becomes one as well. This is coming from a die hard RVD fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back