Madden 10 Demo

simpsons_fanatic742

WZPC Intercontinental Champion
Anybody played it yet? I just finished playing and honestly I can't wait until Madden 10 comes out. From a first experience, it plays really well. The Wildcat is so cool to play out and there are a ton of new features. Discuss your experiences if you've played it.

Note: I put this here and not the Video Games thread because it's just the demo and I'm sure I'll get spam posts so I thought I would leave the real thread until the game comes out.

Yeah I got the full 5 minute SB rematch demo from Gamestop for preordering Madden 10.

So far my initial thoughts were, holy shit they slowed down the gameplay pretty drastically, and 5 minute quarters don't take long at all. I think I finished the demo within 30-40 minutes when a game at 5 minute quarters used to take an hour.

It seems to lean more towards a realistic physics, as in playing as Big Ben for the Steelers, it felt like his throws didn't go off automatically like in 09, but took time to set his feet and throw the ball. I like that, but because I'm so used to the fast style of gameplay from previous Maddens, I think it may take some time to get used to this new speed. Or maybe not, considering I crushed Arizona 42-7. Regardless, I may make just a couple very slight changes to my settings when I get Madden 10, those being up the gameplay speed just a touch, and change to 7 or 8 minute quarters because that game just went by way too quickly.

Other than that I like it, the pocket protection was interesting, scared the hell out of me because it feels like you're just about to get sacked, and the Wildcat formation? Fucking amazing, I can't wait to see what I can do for the Vikings with Harvin and the Wildcat formation, it will be sick. I'm hoping they allow you to make Wildcat formation plays, instead of just the default ones. Overall it's definitely a newer, improved Madden from years past, but of course this is just from the demo, so we'll see how it is when we get the full version in August.

I had to play the crappy download on your system version. I can tell I'm gonna like the game. I just hated how in the demo I had to be the Cowboys or Giants. I don't like either team but meh I went with the Cowboys as I like them more then I like the Giants. Anyway I liked it and see myself getting it.

Ty, that demo has a chew the clock feature on so its not really a full length demo. Look when you pick a play, the game clock and the play clock wind down REALLY fast. Its something in NCAA I guess they imported over to Madden, but have turned on in the demo.

Ty, that demo has a chew the clock feature on so its not really a full length demo. Look when you pick a play, the game clock and the play clock wind down REALLY fast. Its something in NCAA I guess they imported over to Madden, but have turned on in the demo.

You know I noticed that, and I thought it was a feature they added to Madden to make it seem more real. If it's just part of the demo, then I'll be alright with it. Otherwise if it's a feature they're keeping, god damn they make games go quick.

No, its meant to be a "tactful" thing to use at the end of the game, to run the clock down instead of literally waiting. At least, it better be. Its all I can think of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back