Macho Man Randy Savage Dead at 58 *Keep It All In Here*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally he should have been inducted about 5 years ago but that's just me. I strongly suspect that he WILL be inducted next year.

There are plenty of Macho Man moments that count as epic. You have two obvious ones: Savage vs. Steamboat at WM III and then Savage marrying Elizabeth.

There's no one favorite match/moment for me, but I'll say this: Macho Man was definitely one of the most flamboyant and charismatic guys in wrestling history and I don't think there's ANYONE that can exceed him as a complete package, combining charisma, mic skills, brawling, technique, and high-flying into one wrestling legend.

The Macho man will be sorely missed, and as my tribute I leave with one phrase:

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH YEEEEAAAAHHHHHH!!

My favorite moment of all time was the classic interview with Gene Okerlund at Halloween Havok.

This sucks. I can't imagine how Jay Lethal feels at the moment.

I can't believe this.

I grew up as a Hulk Hogan and Macho Man Randy Savage fan. I used to imitate them all the time, and I used to play with their rubber action figures. Randy Savage was always the second most recognizable wrestler during the 80's in my eyes (Ultimate Warrior came later). I remember always saying how much better his finisher was than Hogan's. My best memory of Randy Savage was when he won the 1987 King of the Ring and also WrestleMania IV where he won the WWF Championship in the 14-man tournament finals. I'll never forget those two moments. I can't believe he's still not in the Hall of Fame. This is really sad. I'll miss him. Rest in Peace.

This is just terrible. We all hoped to see him inducted into the HOF, but i hoped he would be there in person. This is a sad day for fans of the sport.

Savage built a lifetime of memories from WWF - WCW & was a huge part of my childhood. Im sure the video package shown on RAW will be fitting to his legacy.

No wrestler had such a profound effect on my childhood as this man. I watched his matches over and over, tried to dress like him(that drove the girls crazy) and nobody was more charismatic and captivating as The Macho Man. I will most definetly be rocking a Savage avatar or sig in his memory. God Bless ya Randy, you will be missed:worship:

Guys no shit it's sad news, someone died.

Macho Man was a tremendous in-ring talent which was not to be out-done by his charisma, love for the business, and ability to connect with the fans. I hope the WWE does the right thing and acknowledges this on a live event and praises the career of a legend. Most of all however I hope for his family's well-being as they try to overcome what every family hates to overcome - a death.

R.I.P Macho Man!

There's not really much one can say about something like this. I've always been a fan of the guy's work inside the ring. As a fan, I was hoping that, someday, he and Vince McMahon would be able to put their differences aside and we'd see Savage take his rightful place in the WWE Hall of Fame. It's a shame that this had to happen at all but with so much left potentially to do and contribute, so much left unfinished just makes it seem all the more tragic.

This just awful, awful news. Macho Man was one of my favorites when I was younger. I just can't get over the shock. My thoughts are with his family & friends.

I must admit I am absolutely stunned that the Macho Man is gone. I was sceptical when I saw it on the main page knowing they're reputation, but a quick Google search confirmed my fears and after some audible obscenities I feel very, very sad. Savage's time was of course before my own, but damn if I haven't enjoyed watching some Macho Man classics. So Rest in Peace Mr. Savage. You were before my wrestling era, but I know you were a legend. Not really sure what to say. All the best to his family. Man this sucks.

Truly sad indeed. I put Macho Man Randy Savage up there with Shawn Michaels as two of the most truly rounded performers in business history. From their gimmicks to their personalities to their talents. Macho Man will certainly be missed...but now he will surely have the "Match Made In Heaven" wedding without Jake "The Snake" Roberts and The Undertaker messing things up again.

RIP Macho Man Randy Savage - Yet another childhood favorite is gone forever :disappointed:

Terrible news. Savage was one of my favorites as a kid and he provided countless great moments and matches during his career. Truly one of the greatest workers of all time and an incredible personality. Looks like I'll be busting out the Macho Madness DVD tonight.

When I first saw this on WZ, I didn't believe it. Then I saw it again on yahoo. This is a sad day for people everywhere. I remember me and my friend imitating him growing up. He was an icon for every one who grew up in his time. Thank you Macho Man, and RIP.

I would like to wish his wife a speedy recovery from her injuries as she was in the car with him. My thoughts and prayers go out to her and the rest of his family and wish them all a speedy recovery from this tragedy. The wrestling community has lost one of the great ones, it is a sad sad day. R.I.P Mr. Poffo!

The greatest character/personality the biz has ever, and will ever see.

R.I.P machoman randy savage

RIP Macho, one of my all-time favorite pro wrestler. From watching him in 1987 when he was involved in the greatest wrestling matches in history with Ricky Steamboat, to his WCW days in 1997-99, he was crazy, but in a good way. Definitely a true legend who brought wrestling to new heights in his prime. We will miss you Macho.

This is a very sad day. He was my all time favorite wrestler. I always hoped to see him give a Hall of Fame speech one day.

Shame. He was a childhood hero for me back in the 90's. He was def. one of the most entertaining guys of that era, and not a bad guy in the ring, either. Shame he passed before he could be put in the Hall of Fame.

sad day for wrestling fans and even sadder for his friends and family. My first memories of Macho Man were his epic battles with Ricky the Dragon Steamboat

WWE should make a tribute this Sunday on the PPV, or this monday on RAW..
TNA should make a mention of this on Impact!
WCW should revive for a few minutes just to honour the Macho Man...

One of the greatest of all time, and will live forever... nothing else to say

RIP Macho Man Randy Savage

Oh how I wish this was just a sick joke but sadly it isn't. How badly I wanted to see him guest host Wrestlemania in the future. I grew up watching Macho Man and I am in a state of shock. I can't fucking believe this. R.I.P. Macho Man and yes I did cry.

i feel like part of my childhood just died. and he just got married to. such a shame. i do hope that vince puts on some sort of memorial on RAW. i have absolutely zero doubt now that they will induct him in 2012. steamboat should easily be the inductor.

their match at WM3 will go down as one of the greatest matches ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back