Macho Man Randy Savage Dead at 58 *Keep It All In Here*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems Randy Savage has died in a car crash today

http://[URL="http://www.tmz.com/2011/05/20/randy-savage-car-accident-macho-man-dead-dies-died-killed-wwe-wrestler-florida/"]www.tmz.com/2011/05/20/randy-savage-car-accident-macho-man-dead-dies-died-killed-wwe-wrestler-florida/[/URL]

RIP Randy Savage (Randy Poffo)

Discuss your favorite Savage memories in this thread (sorry if it was done, I just saw the story break, didn't see any threads for it when I started typing)

My favorite Savage memory: watching the Mega Powers break-up and eventually fight.

I was a huge Hogan fan and seeing that friendship go up in smoke really got to me (was not yet aware that wrestling was scripted) and so, seeing Hogan finally get to Savage for mistreating Elizabeth was a big moment for me.

R.I.P. Randy Savage.

I always hoped he would make some kind of appearance on WWE tv again. It was a long shot but it would have been epic. Truly one of my favourites and an icon.

TMZ is usually quick to rush the news to get the first to get it out. Sadly, I doubt his family knows, instead they need to find out about it via TMZ. That's a topic for another day.

I'm sure there will be an announcement from WWE soon.

This is one of the most unfortunate things I've ever read - Macho Man was always one of my brother's favorites and I would've liked to see him return to wrestling at least one more time but apparently he is dead. I hope now he can finally find himself in the WWE HoF but regardless this is just depressing news that has ruined my whole day.

Thoughts?

Holy Shit... I don't know what to say. I can't believe that he is gone if this story is true. I also always hoped tha he would make one more appearance in the squared circle. This must be devastating for his family. RIP one of the greatest announcers and wrestlers of all time. Somehow, I keep hoping in my heart that this is just a work or at the very least a really bad joke.

Savage's brother was quoted in the TMZ story, so it seems to be true. Very sad, especially considering how things were left between he & the McMahons. We've all heard the rumors, & I don't know if they are true, but it would have been nice to see Savage go into the Hall of Fame while he was alive. Interesting to see if he'll get some kind of video tribute from WWE either tonight on Smackdown or before RAW.

I am speechless. I am really devastated by this news. Randy Savage is one of the finest wrestlers of all time and his death is a really tragic news for wrestling fans all around the world. 58 is too young an age to die. I just hope that his heart attact, as stated on the Wrestlezone website, is not due to steroid related issues. Savage is too great of a wrestler to be remembered as just another steroid user.

My favorite Savage moment, even though I did not witness it live would be his match against Ultimate Warrior at WrestleMania 7. It was a great match with Savage attempting 5 elbow drops to put Warrior away but Warrior getting up and fiishing Savage off with his splash. After the match, his valet at that time Sensational Sherri, turns on him and beats on a lying Savage when Elizabeth comes out to make the save. This is a landmark moment in the WWF as Elizabeth had never gotten physical with anyone before this. Savage realizes what has happened and that Elizabeth is the women he truly loves and they embrace in the ring to give us a great moment.

Savage was a great performer and it saddens me to know that he passed away before he was inducted into the WWE HOF, a recognition that he thoroughly deserved.

RIP Randy Savage. You will never be forgotten by anyone who has ever seen you.

Did not see that coming RIP Randy Savage, i did not know him well but i know enough that he was and always will be a wrestling legend.

Sorry for the double post... I didn't see this one...

It's a real shame he never made total peace with WWE and got to be inducted into the Hall of Fame...

How long before he gets inducted now???

I am speechless. I am really devastated by this news. Randy Savage is one of the finest wrestlers of all time and his death is a really tragic news for wrestling fans all around the world. 58 is too young an age to die. I just hope that his heart attact, as stated on the Wrestlezone website, is not due to steroid related issues. Savage is too great of a wrestler to be remembered as just another steroid user.

My favorite Savage moment, even though I did not witness it live would be his match against Ultimate Warrior at WrestleMania 7. It was a great match with Savage attempting 5 elbow drops to put Warrior away but Warrior getting up and fiishing Savage off with his splash. After the match, his valet at that time Sensational Sherri, turns on him and beats on a lying Savage when Elizabeth comes out to make the save. This is a landmark moment in the WWF as Elizabeth had never gotten physical with anyone before this. Savage realizes what has happened and that Elizabeth is the women he truly loves and they embrace in the ring to give us a great moment.

Savage was a great performer and it saddens me to know that he passed away before he was inducted into the WWE HOF, a recognition that he thoroughly deserved.

RIP Randy Savage. You will never be forgotten by anyone who has ever seen you.

That is so sad .. whoever asked about the Hall of Fame induction is so fucking stupid. This man just died, who gives a shit about the wrestling? Not me. I feel so sorry for his family, dont know for sure but I think he has kids. So so sad ...

WTF man? I was just about to post this.:suspic:

:wtf:You gotta be kidding me. He was one of my favorites. They're dropping like flies!..what the Hell is going on. My old man is gonna freak! Anymore info on this? I really am speechless. It's so surreal. I hope this is just a joke..If it's true.....

R.I.P "Macho Man" Randy Savage. I would've loved to see him on tv again. 'Tis quite a shame. Maybe he can finally be inducted in the Hall of Fame now.

This is from TMZ
‎"Macho Man Randy Savage, real name Randy Poffo, has died in a car accident in Tampa, Florida. The story reports that his brother Lanny Poffo claims he had a heart attack at the wheel while driving.

He was 58"
Wrestlezone and talent from WWE and Impact Wrestling have confirmed it.
Thoughts and memories of Macho Man?

According to TMZ.com,

Macho Man Randy Savage, real name Randy Poffo, has died in a car accident in Tampa, Florida. The story reports that his brother Lanny Poffo claims he had a heart attack at the wheel while driving.

He was 58.

Everyone at Wrestlezone sends their thoughts and condolences to the Poffo family...

SHOCKING!! RIP Macho Man.. You will be missed...

Tragic News!

Truly one of the greatest entertainers in the industry. Like others said, I hoped he would return one day.

R.I.P. Macho Man.

Living in Clearwater, FL this tragedy happened within 5 minutes of here... it's been all over the news and truly a sad day for the business.

I grew up imitating this maniac with my cousins and continued to follow his career till it fizzled out.

He was always big into charities down here and always had a heart of gold and enough charisma to light up an entire building.

RIP Randy, heaven just got a hell of alot more exciting.

I never grew up as a big "Macho Man" Randy Savage fan, but this is sad news for us wrestling fans nonetheless. He is a wrestling icon that will be missed and that will be forever remembered for his legacy and outrageous moments in the business.

R.I.P. Randy Savage

This is horrible, horrible news. Thoughts with the family but, from a selfish point of view, surely he can go in the HOF now, especially as Vince wont have to know Macho can hear the praise WWE can give him. Horrid way of thinking but hopefully it'll mean he gets what he truely deserves

Sorry if there's already a thread on this.

Now I just found this out and I can't believe it. Although we haven't seen The Macho Man in the ring for quite some time, we still have to look back at what he accomplished while wrestling. Quite possibly one of the greatest superstars in history. My question is, should he be inducted into the Hall of Fame now, and what was your favourite match/moment involving the Macho Man.

Its always sad news to hear about the passing of someone but this one has left me almost speechless. I can't believe that Macho Man, one of my all time favorites is dead.

I wish Lanny a speedy recovery and hope for his health and well being. It must be very difficult for him and my thoughts and prayers go to the entire Poffo family.

Goodbye Macho Man, you will never be forgotten as a person and a performer and wish you all the best in your next life.

R.I.P

Some of my earliest childhood memories are of my Uncle takeing me to live shows at which the Mach Man himself wrestled right infront of me.

Sad sad day... I remember the events so clearly that Randy must have left an impression on me...

R.I.P Macho Man Randy Savage. the Wrestling Roster in the Sky just got another great one!!! I would have loved to seen him make it to t.v one more time and i thought it would have happened with his dvd and figures being released. Hopefully personal grudges can be put aside so he goes to the hall of fame.

"HISTORY BECKONS THE MACHO MAN!!!"

RIP Macho Man! My thoughts are with his family and I hope he gets some kind of induction into the Hall of Fame as well now as he truly deserved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back