Lex Lugers comments

It's funny because Lex claims that the ONLY reas JBL was champ is because Triple H did not want to work on Tuesdays, and he doesn't credit Heyman who said that originally and because all the top heels were hurt.

Well wait a sec, the only reason LEx was champ is because everyone had fled WCW. Wasn't he champ when there was no Nikita, Flair, Rhodes, Tully or Arn. The heyday of the NWA was over. Didn't the fans chant we want Flair during that match. His main comp was Ron Simmons and Barry Windham and a small feud with Ric Steiner. LOL he probably should have kept his mouth shut. Considering his own Title run.

G-Money said:
^Well the wrestlers know a lot more about the business we do, so we should all stop acting like we know the ratings for the show or who could draw who couldn't. Non of us know any of that information(and just because you see these "reports" telling you, doesn't make them true.)

but JBL>Lex Luger.
Actually, I've been frequenting these websites and monitoring the Nielsen's since I was around fifteen. Both Raw and Nitro were only pulling just over a 2 rating each during 95 and the early part of 96. Nitro was actually only winning by a decimal point or two in the beginning. Actually, my PWI almanacs contain attendance records for most of the major main events and WCW/WWF were doing pretty lame business in those days. Not until the end of '96 did WCW's attendance begin to pick up. This was around the time Sting went into hiding and Luger was the premier face in the company working a program with NWO/Giant. Notice I didn't attack Luger personally? I don't know him as a person except for what I've heard. I do know about what I've seen on TV for the past twenty years and it's not hard to guage an empty arena when someone is the top face...or when it's full. Luger's career was a mixed bag, but there indeed was a time when he was the top face in a successful company. And as a wrestler, JBL blows. He was okay working in a tag team, but otherwise causes audiences to lapse into comas. For proof watch Wrestlemania 21. He and Cena shined that one up real nice.

Lex Luger sucked as a wrestler the last few years he wrestled. He was ok before that. But he was never in the same league as Flair or even Sting. As for him killing Miss Elizabeth Who knows what happened. Of course he didn't help her when she was dying. So he at least contributed to her death.

LenanJosh said:
Lex Luger sucked as a wrestler the last few years he wrestled. He was ok before that. But he was never in the same league as Flair or even Sting. As for him killing Miss Elizabeth Who knows what happened. Of course he didn't help her when she was dying. So he at least contributed to her death.
:farttorch:

debisib said:
Kasey, u say luger was one of the top guys in wwf after hogan and warrior but think about it, wrestlemania 9, he had just came out with the narcisist gimmick, and it was a good gimmick but he didnt do too much until later that year when he turned into the all american lex luger and was sent on a bus around the world
yea sure he split thje royal rumble winnings with bret that following yr, but by the time wrestlemania 10 came around he lost to yoko, bret won the title, and lex did pretty much nothing... they WISHED he was one of the bestguys and he was over, but not as over as bret so he didnt get much.his skillws rly arent even very good, his finisher was a forearm.

i mean, at that time, bret, shawn, sid, taker, diesel, razor, there was a buncha guys that meant more than luger, they just pushed him as hard as they r pushing Cena now but now they r taking a diff approach
Read the earlier posts. Luger was scripted to win the title but had reportedly got drunk at a local bar and told everyone he was going to win the title. Watch Wrestlemania X, Summerslam 1993, and Survivor Series 1993 and Royal Rumbled 1994. Luger received pretty convincing response from the crowds to me. And at the time of Wresltemania Sid wasn't even in the company. Undertaker was taking time off from the Rumble in January until he returned to stink up the main event at Summerslam opposite Brian Lee in the dumbass Undertaker vs. Undertaker match. Shawn, Razor, and the mullet-sporting Nash were all still riding the midcard at that point. During this time Bret was involved in a storyline with Owen and his winning of the title was a pretty big letdown seeing as Yoko just falls over backwards off of the top rope and Bret pins him?!? Not taking anything away from Bret, but by the time the main event rolled around, everyone just realized that they were duplicating the main event from Wrestlemania 9 and the crowd was asleep for most of the main event. Even if Luger lost, I'd have rather it been to Bret instead of the double-main event jive. As for Luger's finisher, it's an acquired taste. I prefer the Rack myself, but each to his own. I've hated the Pedigree since 1995. Go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back