Lethal Lottery VIII: Vis Imperium vs Cooper & Keaton & McAllister

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The General Manager of Ascension, Becky Serra, finally announced the fates of the Tag Team and Elite Openweight Championships at Ascension last week. Vis Imperium have proved themselves to be a classy stable, capturing half of the possible Championships that WZCW has to offer. And as they have looked to tighten their grips on WZCW, they have continually faced pressure from Mark Keaton, Justin Cooper and Logan McAllister. These six men have brawled over Championships in the past but this will surely mark the end of the road if Vis Imperium are successful.

This match will be a 3-on-3 elimination match for all of the Championships. Should a member of Keaton, Cooper or McAllister be the last remaining man, then they will claim the Championships for their team. However, McAllister can only win the Elite Openweight Championship and Cooper and Keaton can only win the Tag Team Championships. This match ought to be an all out war.

RP deadline is Monday the 17th of October at 23:59

Extensions unavailable.

Vis Imperium does nothing by halves. So it is no surprise that when Steven Holmes was convinced by his wife to arrange more a suitable living environment for Austin Reynolds that the property ended up being more luxurious than Austin had dared to dream.

On the face of it, working for the most dominant faction in WZCW, this was a just reward. With the Elite Openweight & Tag Team Championships in their possession, Vis Imperium would be remembered for their dominance at Unscripted. With the Lethal Lottery coming up and Kingdom Come on the horizon there was no better time to put an exclamation point on their supremacy.

But there was no dreaming. Austin barely slept comfortably at the best of times. The clean white walls made him feel tense and the open spaces of the apartment meant that the silence was the only thing keeping Austin company at night. Austin had long accepted he would never sleep well any more so the new environment would only add to the laundry list of reasons for what most would call a bad nights’ sleep. This luxury felt more like a prison.

But on this day, waking up at first light was no hardship. He had somewhere to be today, it was accepted as a welcome wake up call.

Given what he had been used to, this is considered an improvement.

He wakes up and slowly pushed his face away from the pillow. Barely able to move himself an inch from the fabric, he reaches out and tries to grab the edge but he loses his balance and falls to the floor. The impact brings him around with a shock and it was only then that he realises that it was not the bed from which he had fallen, it was actually the sofa. It had been extremely uncomfortable.

He had sharp pain at the top of his neck; this was a day to day occurrence but would not be helped by his choice of sleeping arrangements. Now his knee is throbbing even more than usual after the impact on the hard flooring.

Among the haziness of half-sleep and pain, his first instinct is to get something to quench his thirst & dull these aches and pains. He tried to get to his feet but he is only able to stumble to one knee. From there he shakily reaches a vertical base and limps across slowly to the kitchen sill. He reaches down, searching for something. He quickly realises that what he is seeking isn’t here.

His pulse quickens. He begins to panic and then he sees it. The empty bottle of whisky is sitting at the bottom of the trash can.

Reynolds: “Fuck!”

Suddenly he is filled by an unbridled anger and he kicks out at the trash.

Smash!

The bottle is sent flying across to the far wall. A thousand pieces fall to the floor; the bottle is obliterated on impact.

Back in the apartment Austin gets ready. He is putting on a suit but the tie is currently sagging loose and the clean white shirt hangs casually around his neck. Suddenly his phone rings and he puts it on speaker he slips into a pair of black shoes.

Reynolds: “I’ll be done in two mins.”

Constantine: “Well we’re waiting, hurry up.”

Austin hangs the phone up and pockets it inside the jacket. He turns around to look into a mirror and takes a second to take in the man staring back at him. A man who looks smart, healthy, attractive even. Austin could not deny that in recent weeks he had been coiffed and prepped, specifically for this day. It looked like it had paid off, just in time to represent Vis Imperium at the upcoming events that all started today.

The Lethal Lottery was the event that Austin had never succeeded in; he’d never really got close. It had been a memorable event in plenty of ways but neither were particularly good. He had pounded Constantine in the skull with a steel chair at LL3 but saw Showtime win the headline match. Runn Reynolds Runn had defeated the Sons of Destiny and retained the tag team championship at LL4 but another dismal performance in the main event marked the beginning of the end of his in-ring career.

He then realised that he was running much later than promised. After recent events, Austin wanted to slink back into the background but instead he was being rolled out on display like a preened dog at Crufts.

Meltdown had been a disaster for Vis Imperium and Austin represented that best of all. Alone in the ring, flat on his back, Austin had allowed himself to become separated from the group, from a position of dominance they were left retreating like a pack of rats.

There had been no proportion of blame, no argument to be had. Austin accepted that in Vis Imperium there was no victory that he could win outside of the ring. He had allowed Keaton to hit him with the suicide dive and he had taken too long to recover from its’ effects whilst Holmes, Constantine and Hunnicutt made for the safety of the ramp.

And Constantine had called them out for it on Ascension. Austin was weak and that had allowed the group to be considered weak, which would never be acceptable. The loss to Justin Cooper had only compounded that and it preyed on Austin since. Not least because it came after convincing victories for Abel and Constantine.

As he walked downstairs, the Lottery match began to dominate his thoughts. There is no doubt that Austin is now better placed than ever to compete in the Lethal Lottery but there was every bit of doubt that Austin may well be the weakness that could cost Vis Imperium at a time when they needed to be united or least give the impression of it.

Austin knew that he couldn’t allow himself to be a source of doubt or uncertainty inside the group. They simply wouldn’t stand for it. The match at the Lethal Lottery was business and for Vis Imperium, business was paramount. It didn’t matter when it’s dirty or otherwise, it had to be done well. For it was an event like the Lethal Lottery, where Vis Imperium needed to shine brightest. That’s why he was brought in after all.

All thanks to Steven Holmes.

Some months ago…

We can see Austin unconscious and wired up to all manner of devices. His neck is padded up with a large brace.

Holmes: “So what’s the damage?”

Dr: “As you know the neck issue was pretty extensive but we have avoided fusion of the vertebrae and that will dramatically reduce the recovery. After the original surgery, we did have to do a significant amount of clean-up so the procedure was a little more expansive than planned. But he somehow avoided any long term impact in the road collision that you mentioned.”

Holmes: “Will he see a full recovery?”

Dr: “We did the full check-up that you suggested while he was under anaesthesia. He will need additional surgery to his right knee. That will be a minor process, keyhole and pretty straightforward. We should be able to improve his left ankle too.”

Holmes nods, acknowledging the outcome that meets with his agreement

Holmes: “So? Can he go back to work as we discussed?”

Dr: “Providing he regains full movement, there should be no long term impact on his mobility.”

Holmes: “Delightful. Thank you fo-”

Dr: “Sorry Mr Holmes but I am obliged to remind you that Mr Reynolds has a number of issues that cannot be addressed through surgery and that it’s crucial that he seeks help for this.”

For all of the positivity that has come from this, the doctor presenting Holmes with a problem does not go down well.

Holmes: “Ah I’m fully aware that Mr Reynolds has a great swathe of issues but I plan to ensure that these are all dealt with in due time by professionals of the highest order. It is in all of our interests that if he returns to work that he do so at the peak of physical and mental health.”

Dr: “Thank you Mr Holmes. Of course I didn’t have any doubts. I am aware of your significant generosity to our facilities and am sure that you hold Mr Reynolds’ interests close to your heart.”

Sensing the change in tone, Holmes holds back his usual cynical retort.

Holmes: “Ah yes dear lad, unfortunate Austin is quite ill but we do just want him back where he belongs, where he can be looked after. Thanks to you and your team, we are one step closer to doing that.”

Holmes takes his leave and once he is alone, he takes out his phone and makes a call.

Holmes: “It’s done. No complications. Austin will be fine. We move on the plan. I’ll bring him in now. We’ll crush them so slowly that they won’t know it’s happening.”

Having reached the WZCW studios the Elite Openweight Champion is shown to his chair and shuffles around uncomfortably. Constantine follows him and looks infinitely more comfortable. The two allies wait impatiently as a variety of technical staff mill around them.

Constantine: “Just remember we’re on group business.”

Reynolds: “What does that mean exactly?”

Constantine: “It means that Vis Imperium are going to ensure that we dominate the Lethal Lottery match and therefore Kingdom Come.”

Reynolds: “Well we all want that don’t we? And where’s Holmes”

Constantine puts his powerful hand down with intent on Austin’s shoulder.

Constantine: “You don’t need to worry about Steven. We are represented here well enough and I’m not sure his attendance is required here anyway. His days of competing in the ring are long gone and if Vis Imperium are going to succeed it will do so on the back of our efforts in the ring. Steven has a role to play in Vis Imperium but not in the ropes, not where it matters.”

Reynolds: “What about Abel?”

Constantine: “You don’t need to worry about him. Abel is fully aware of what is required of him.”

Austin slouches again; a silent expression of malcontent that couldn’t be clearer.

Constantine: “Austin, let me be crystal clear, as I have no desire for there to be any confusion here. For us to succeed in this event we will require complete co-operation with no exceptions. If that means you have to throw yourself into the path of Eve Taylor or Matt Tastic to ensure that Abel or I survive then so be it. And it means that you’ll throw yourself over the top rope if I demand it.”

Reynolds: “Fine.”

Constantine: “Don’t sulk, Austin. Vis Imperium got you where you are now. You love being Elite Openweight Champion, harking back to your glory years.”

Reynolds: “Yeah you’re right, I adore being champion again. I feel damn near unbeatable right now & there’s no feeling like having this strap over your shoulder and lording it over everyone. You know exactly how that feels.”

Presenting himself with the brash confidence that used to be his trademark, Austin revels in the sarcasm.

Constantine: “And you’re in that position because of a team effort. So I know that you’ll be happy to sacrifice yourself for the team should that mean that your championship remains around your waist. You’ve been a crucial cog in the machine thus far. Your role in this is and always has been crystal clear. Let us carry this agreement on eh?”

The Power Trip moves even closer, grabs the back of Austin's neck and taps his right cheek.

Constantine: “I’m building something with Vis Imperium. You can be part of it. We all can.”

A few seconds later Sebastian “Seabass” Copeland comes over and warmly shakes hands with both men. He checks the position of his tie whilst Austin takes a seat looking distinctly uncomfortable & tense.

Copeland: “I’m looking forward to this, gents.”

Constantine: “As am I Seabass. There’s one more item of business I need to discuss with Austin as a matter of priority. Would I be able to take five minutes to discuss this with him?”

Ever the gentleman, the experienced commentator takes a brief leave of absence. Constantine positions himself directly in front of Austin, eyes narrowed, focussed.

Constantine: “Austin, I can tell you’re ready for the Lethal Lottery, you know there’s a look in your eye like there was at Unscripted, like I saw backstage at Gold Rush when we weren’t even fully formed yet. You know what this stage means and what being victorious at the Lethal Lottery can mean. It’s not just about the here and now but the future too.”

Reynolds: “No I get it. We’re on the eve of Kingdom Come and it’s an important time for us to put our flag in the ground so to speak.”

Constantine: “Steven and I have put our reputations on the line and if we survive this blasted six man match then all the risks, the decisions, the investments will have all been worth it.”

Reynolds: “You know that I am going to do what I can.”

Constantine: “Don’t play dumb Austin. You know that you have been part of a bigger plan for Vis Imperium. You agreed to come back to WZCW to show that you could be better. That would help you to regain what you lost while you were....ill.”

The mere reminder of events gone by manages to quell any sort of rebellious spirit that could have been building inside Austin. The political mastermind at work once more. But then, Constantine moves closer and adopts a more relaxed, friendlier stance.

Constantine: “With that in mind, I got confirmation this morning that you will begin to have unsupervised visits with your daughters once you have wrapped up your commitments at the Lethal Lottery.”

Reynolds: “John, are you joking me? Don’t shit with me, not on this?”

Constantine: “Austin, we’ve not lied to you about this. Steven and I understand how much you’ve helped Vis Imperium and as family men we understand what that means to you. This was the logical next step.”

Constantine reaches out, in a proud and demonstrative yet extremely self-gratifying gesture, to shake Austin’s hand. Austin shakes it, clearly unsure how to take the surprise.

Constantine: “Congratulations Austin.”

Reynolds: “Thank you John.”

There’s an unnatural quiver to Austin’s voice and as Constantine leaves him alone, he now struggles to deal with the implications of what has been revealed. In one moment he has been given the chance to regain what he had lost before they were even his to lose. The accident which had directly led to Dominic’s death had happened three and half months before they were born. Austin had not seen Hayley since that fateful night and she had now agreed to share her most prized objects.

He caught himself asking the one question that he knew the answer to without even thinking: Did Vis Imperium really have that much influence?

Of course they did.

Steven Holmes and John Constantine are by nature a pair of cunning devils. By any measure they were incredibly smart and they had garnered an immense amount of wealth that carried to the upper echelons of business as well as WZCW. But what had they done that would have given Hayley a reason to allow her children to spend time with their estranged father?

The next few minutes flew by, Austin went into autopilot, allowing himself to be co-ordinated into place by the various WZCW staff that were milling around the studio. He wasn’t ready to be quizzed about work and yet here was Sebastian Copeland, looking to do that right now.

Copeland himself wasn’t annoying but right now, he may as well have been the annoying fly in a room that just won’t die. But that wasn’t it. The room itself was closing in. Copeland was not appreciated in the slightest and his silent presence here was enough to pressure Austin into a cold paranoia.

And now the camera is rolling....

Copeland: “Austin Reynolds, thank you for joining us ahead of the Lethal Lottery.”

Austin has to force out the bare minimum of nods to acknowledge the welcome.

Copeland: “Austin, your return has coincided with a tremendous upturn in fortunes for your career. You were on the verge of unbeaten going into the Lethal Lottery event and you’re the Elite Openweight Champion. Even the most ardent opponents of you and Vis Imperium would admit that you are one of the favourites to win the Lethal Lottery match even though you face the prospect of pulling double duty to defend your Elite Openweight Championship.”

Reynolds: “You know, the Lethal Lottery is a funny one. It has so much riding on it; it can set the tone for so much of what happens afterward but it’s more of a gamble than anything. All those people in the ring, all it takes is one mistake. One miscalculation and it’s over. But I’m part of the most dominant group so I guess that means I’m safe right?”

Austin chuckles to himself but Copeland remains silent as the usually solemn Austin poses the rhetorical question over his prospects.

Reynolds: “Safety would be great if it meant anything because we go into the Lethal Lottery as a group but we have huge targets to our name. We’re the biggest threat in the match. We’ve pissed off a lot of people because we have beaten a lot of people.”

Copeland: “You’re right of course. I mean of the entire roster, Vis Imperium have crossed the vast majority of them. Are you worried about that?”

Reynolds: “Vis Imperium are the greatest collection of talents that WZCW have ever seen. We are the ones who should be feared in the Lethal Lottery. Constantine has been around for years, faced and beaten pretty much everyone. Heck, Abel faced Garth Black at Kingdom Come. And then there’s everyone who we beaten up since Gold Rush? That list doesn’t just begin and end with Cooper, Keaton & McAllister. They’re just the starters.”

Copeland: “Those starters are your opponents early on in the event. A six man elimination match for both your title and the tag team championship.”

Austin can’t help but release a flash of irritation.

Reynolds: “I guess the noisy neighbours are about ready to make themselves famous at our expense. What can I say that will get through to them? Nothing. They are just too stupid to learn. Cooper, Keaton and McAllister have been left beaten, bruised and battered more times than I can be bothered to count in recent weeks but WZCW are desperate to give them a chance. Everyone loves a tryer but I don’t understand how the WZCW fans are not fed up of seeing that shit time after time.“

Seabass is left aghast by the language and turns around to the off-camera crew.

Copeland: “We can beep that out right?”

But Austin carries on unperturbed.

Reynolds: “I get that there may be doubts over whether Vis Imperium can truly work together. The real question is those three imbeciles can stay on the same page long enough to pin us all. You know, if they do then I guess that they deserve the bloody belts. But I fought too long and hard to come back, to win the blasted thing. That title puts a target on me for sure but we are Vis Imperium, we demand nothing less.”

Copeland: “What i find most interesting is for all the time that Vis Imperium has been formed this will mark the first time that you will be in a match with John Constantine.”

As the veteran play by play guy on the Meltdown broadcast team, Copeland can recall the moments that formed the rivalry between Constantine and Reynolds as well as the shocking team-up that formed Vis Imperium at Unscripted and the weeks after. But he knows how to manoeuvre around the resistance that Austin is putting up.

Reynolds: “No-one thought I could function as part of a coherent unit with Steven Holmes and John Constantine. I mean who would have thought? You know in many ways I still can’t believe it until I realise that the whole thing has made me better. The Elite and The Power Trip on the same page as the Austin Reynolds. That’s got what us to this point. Steven Holmes is associated with the Champions of the Tag Team division as well as the Elite Openweight Champion. We have been on the same page since day one.”

Copeland: “Except for Meltdown. That didn’t go plan did it? And your loss on Ascension.”

Reynolds: “The thing is Seabass, they worked so hard to get the odd little victory. They’ll cling so hard to any little bit of momentum. I recognise desperation better than most and those three sweat it from every pore. You can smell it on them from the other end of the arena. The Lethal Lottery is about the best surviving, enduring onto Kingdom Come. Cooper and Keaton are bags of meat hanging on by ligaments and McAllister is so over his head dreaming about his ideal family life that he won’t be able to focus.”

Copeland: “Logan McAllister has been the target of some particularly violent assaults from yourself and Vis Imperium. Those attacks appear to have forced this alliance with Cooper and Keaton.”

Reynolds: “I wonder if they shared bedtime stories in the hospital ward. I really could care less. Look this isn’t about Logan McAllister achieving a career high dream of taking the Elite Openweight championship back to Boston for his kid. I’m here to talk about what I can achieve on the road to Kingdom Come, what I can do for me, for my family.”

As the subject moves onto his championship and then his family in short no time at all, Austin slows down. His tone becomes mutually defensive and aggressive.

Reynolds: “You know, I came back with no aim, no goals. I was barely able to put my own thoughts together. And now, I’ve got a chance to build something resembling a legacy? That’s unreal. But more than that I get to show this championship to my little girls at home – god that feels good to say. It’s a dream, an absolute dream.”

Copeland: “You’re clearly full of confidence.”

Reynolds: “Exactly but there’s something else that I’ll be dreaming off in between now and the Lethal Lottery. You know that if I can try and become an actual father for my daughters then why not try to become more when I’m here? Why not try to be the best Elite Openwight Championweight champion of all time? Or even beat thirty other people to earn a shot at the World Heavyweight Champion? You see Holmes brought me back to use, to control and I’ve been part of some brutal acts by his side. He picked me up from the gutters and brought me back to the stage where I belong and set us on a path which has seen us dominate everyone. There would be no finer stage than Kingdom Come for Vis Imperium to confirm our rise to power, to achieve what we have always aimed to do.“

Austin may as well be talking to himself right now. Maybe Copeland has him pegged. Is this overconfidence? From someone who is little more than a warm body in the group?

Reynolds: “Maybe I’m not the dominant presence in Vis Imperium. I’m not like them and I’m probably not the one that Steven or John would like to be the last of us standing but I can.”

Copeland: “Vis Imperium is expected to be the dominant force in the Lethal Lottery, which would be not a surprise.”

Reynolds: “I’m not the one to worry about if we’re going to be picked on. In fact we expect it. I’m not paid enough. But i’m not ignorant to the fact that even the likes of Vee and Mancini would love to make themselves famous at our expense. Then there are people like Theron Daggershield who want to prove that they have something more to offer. Eve Taylor for one wants to kick my face in for taking the Elite Openweight title.”

Copeland: “Let’s talk about Eve for a second.”

Reynolds: “Please don’t say that word.”

Copeland: “And her momentum?”

Austin scoffs, clearly irritated by this angle.

Copeland: “Your victory for the Elite Openweight title has not stopped that. She seems destined to win the Lethal Lottery but what is certain is that the list of favourites starts with her.”

Reynolds: “Why should we concern ourselves with one person? You know I hate talking about one person. Eve Taylor is as vulnerable as anyone. She can taste the World Championship, the mere thought of it consumes her. That ambition essentially boils down to greed and it will be what blinds her to threats that we have. She may target me but she won’t see Abel behind her. She thinks that nothing will stop her but if we think that she is the biggest threat then that discounts Titus. One person can’t stop every threat but three can. Titus won’t be able to stop us by himself.”

Copeland hesitates for just a moment as he considers a change in the direction of his questioning.

Copeland: “This is going to be your third Lethal Lottery event. I want to ask what this event means to you?”

Reynolds: “The Lethal Lottery means nothing to me. I came back to prove what I was really capable of and I’ve not finished. I’m not finished because Vis Imperium aren’t finished. We’ve only just begun and the next step is winning the Lethal Lottery.”

Copeland: “You’re ready to help do that.”

Reynolds: “So you’re saying that I can’t win it myself?”

The flow of the questions have changed for just a moment - Austin is angling to get a reaction from Seabass but the commentator has him measured and won’t be baited.

Copeland: “I’m saying that if you do it would be one of the greatest victories in WZCW history. Period. You’re part of the biggest group on the roster who have gone out of their way to make enemies of most of the roster.”

In one statement Copeland has laid out exactly what Vis Imperium face and Reynolds is keen to tackle this head on. Leaning forward, Austin now speaks in an assertive but calm tone.

Reynolds: “Then maybe it’s time I did something worth remembering. I ended my career on a whimper. I‘ve lost my family and best friend since then. I don’t want to be remembered as the gatekeeper, the one who everyone got by. I came back to mean something, I want to be the yardstick, the definition. I’m on the verge of something truly significant with the Elite Openweight Championship. It’s clear to me that only Steven Holmes and John Constantine respect this championship for what it is above all else; an honour to be strived for. When you win you can enhance your legacy and bolster the claim of Vis Imperium. I’m doing that every time I enter that ring.”

Copeland: “There’s no doubt in my mind that WZCW is lucky to have you no matter who you are aligned with?”

Austin sneers, his cheeks rise and he shakes his head slowly.

Reynolds: “But I’m not doing it for anyone but myself. WZCW doesn’t deserve my legacy. They had my blood, my sweat and my tears before but I’m not going to put myself through that again. I’ve already been Elite X Champion, I’ve already been a tag team champion and I now have to be more than that, I have to be better than that. What better way to show that is there than snatching WZCW’s grandest opportunity from those who have coveted it most? All men dream equally but great dreams begin with a great dreamer.”

Full of mean intent, that familiar million dollar smile is a suitable way to close the interview as the camera fades.

Copeland: “Austin, I want to thank you again for your time.”

We can barely see Sebastian Copeland move forward and offer Austin with a handshake.

Far From Holmes...

Constantine raced through the traffic, checking his dashboard and his watch from time to time as he overtook some more cars on the free-way. Car horns blasted as he passed but he was not paying attention. He was in a rush, that much was obvious. But this sort of rush was not consistent with the character of The Power Trip. Constantine had always been considered a cold and calculating man – a reputation that he did not take lightly. People knew him – perhaps unfairly – as a master manipulator, who could turn off his emotions at the flick of a switch and not give a damn about anything that followed. It was what made him a special case in the world of professional wrestling. It was something that he had picked up from the world of politics. But looking at the barely illuminated features of Constantine's face from the small lights on the dashboard, Constantine didn't seem to have his usual cold disposition. Instead, he looked panicked and rushed.

Suddenly, another light illuminated the car from below. Almost immediately afterwards, the familiar ringing of a mobile phone could be heard brushing against leather. Contorting his face in sheer annoyance and looking to his right, Constantine noticed his mobile phone ringing on the passenger chair. Giving a tut and fumbling around, Constantine picked it up and put in on speaker phone as he continued to race through the traffic.

Constantine: Hello?

Mia: John, where the Hell are you? I just got home and you are nowhere to be found.

Constantine: I'm ge-

Suddenly, Constantine swerved in front of a car as the car blew it's horn in annoyance.

Mia: Are you driving right now? It sounds like you're doing 100 miles per hour! Is Casey in the car with you? She had better not be in the fucking car with you, John!

Constantine: Mia, there's nothing to worry about, okay? Yes, she's with me but we'll be back soon. Something came up that needed my urgent attention. You weren't around, so I had to take her with me.

Mia: But it's well past her bed time, John! Plus you were out all day with Austin the other day...

Constantine: Listen. Mia, I have to go! I'm sorry but I'll explain everything when I get home. Should only be an our or so.

With that, Constantine hung up the phone and the car fell into silence and darkness all at once. Catching a glimpse of himself in the rear-view mirror, Constantine noticed the beads of sweat running off his brow. After taking a deep breath in through his nose and collecting himself, he moved the mirror with his hand to show the car seat of his daughter who is sleeping soundly. Feeling a lump of regret swelling in his throat, he released his breath and sped off again. This was no time for emotions.

It was almost eleven at night before Constantine reached his desired destination. As he pulled into the drive, the sound of stones under his tyres could be heard. Bringing the car to a very slow speed so as to not disturb his sleeping daughter, Constantine squinted hard through the glass in front of him, trying desperately to find what he was looking for. As he drove through the darkness, there seemed to be nothing to point him in the right direction. Whatever light came from the moon at this time of night was obscured by the high trees in every direction and, needless to say, there was no such things as street lamps where he was. His headlights guided him deeper and deeper into the maze of trees before he finally spots a dimly lit cabin in the distance. Steadying himself against the utterly terrifying surroundings, Constantine let out a sigh and continued to head towards it.

As he reached the building, which was little more than a big shed, Constantine brought the car to a stop. The CD of nursery rhymes that Constantine had played for his daughter had long been turned down but soon ended prematurely with the turning off of the engine. Constantine waited in the car for what seemed like an age to be sure of his destination, every now and then turning to his daughter to check on her well-being.

Suddenly, in front of him, came a squeak that could only come from a rusty hinge. Constantine turned his head quickly and caught a glimpse of his prize for his horrendous drive at this time of night – the one and only Abel Hunnicutt. The giant of a man stood in the doorway of the wooden building with a forlorn look etched upon his features. Under his long and straggly beard, Constantine could make out the blackness of the beast's eyes, he looked as though he hadn't slept in days. But Constantine also noted the fire in his eyes, only burning brighter as Constantine allowed a smile to cross his face and stepped out of the car.

Constantine: Abel, my friend!

Constantine walked towards Abel with one hand outstretched but Abel didn't seem to be in the mood for handshakes. Instead, Abel lurched towards Constantine and embraced him like an old friend would after a huge absence. Constantine allowed a look of confusion to appear on his face as the beast of Vis Imperium drew him closer – the smell of the man filling his nostrils and obscuring his senses. As Abel pulled Constantine away, the look of confusion had disappeared and was replaced with a plastered on smile from The Power Trip.

Abel: John.

Constantine had never heard his first name uttered by Abel Hunnicutt before and it seemed to hit his ear all wrong. As if the hug hadn't been enough to convince him that something was well and truly wrong with the other half of the Tag Team Champions, then calling him his given name was ringing all of the alarm bells.

Constantine: Listen, I had to bring Casey tonight, Abel. I hope you don't mind that?

Abel#s eyes flicker between Constantine and the car only a few metres away. Constantine wasn't familiar with the look that crossed Abel's face after that question but steadied himself for the worst, just in case. Suddenly, a big smile appeared on the face of Steven Holmes' Monster as he begun walking up the stones until he was standing at the rear doors of the car. Peering through the window at the sleeping babe in the back-seat, Abel looked to be as close to peaceful as Constantine had ever seen him – in fact, it seemed to bring a warmth to Constantine's insides as he watched a huge monster of a monster of a man silenced by the tiniest of creatures.

Abel: Why don't you bring her on inside, John. I can't promise it'll be warm enough fo' her but it ain't no drama to me. Truth is, I like that little tyke...

With that, Abel turned on the stones and begun making his way backwards the shed, breezing past Constantine as if he wasn't there and heading inside. Constantine, visibly, put his confusion to the side for moment as he collected his daughter from the back seat of the car and walked up the stones himself, his feet falling to the same footprints that Abel just made and not filling them whatsoever. Upon entering the shed, Constantine was struck by just how much he had misjudged the place. In the middle of the floor, two great chairs stood on a shag-pile rug – standing in front of a roaring great fire that Abel was throwing more logs into as Constantine and Casey entered. As Abel threw the final chunk of wood into the fireplace, he spun around and crashed down into one of the chairs, letting out an exhausted sigh as he landed.

Abel: You can put Casey down anywhere, John. I know the place ain't much o' anythin', not least fo' a baby. But it's all I got.

As Abel's loud voice boomed across the small shack, Constantine felt a rustling coming from the car seat. Looking down at his fussing daughter, he allowed a warm smile to appear on his face. Moving across the floor and past Abel completely, Constantine sat the car seat down on an armchair off in the corner that was covered in pelts of one nature or another. He stroked Casey's cheek until she fell back asleep and then moved silently across the wooden floor to take up his seat to the right of his tag partner. For what seemed like forever, Constantine's eyes flicked between the fire in front of him and the face of Abel – the flames dancing in his deep black eyes. Finding the courage to speak, Constantine seemed to break the silence.

Constantine: I have to be honest with you, Abel. I wasn't expecting you to call me tonight. Hell, I didn't even think you knew how to use a mobile phone.

Constantine forced a small smile at his attempt on a joke but Abel didn't seem to reciprocate.

Constantine: Sorry it took me so long to get here too. As you can probably imagine, it isn't always easy to get some time away, especially when you child has a bed time and demands a bed time story before settling.

The same smile that Constantine had forced earlier remained on the face of The Power Trip as Abel continued to stare into the flames. In those moments, Constantine could feel that Abel wasn't the same man as he had come to know before. People may have thought about Abel as being some sort of quiet assassin but the truth of the matter was far from that. Abel had always struck John as being the type of man who left his talking for times when he needed to. The big man was the epitome of efficiency, saving his actions and words for when they mattered most. And given that Abel had been the one to summon Constantine to his whereabouts, Constantine had thought he would have, perhaps, had a lot more to say.

Constantine: Listen, Abel, I know something is on your mind tonight - I can sense it on you. Truth be told, I was expecting Steven to be here when I got here but he remains noticeably absent still. So tell me, Abel, what is bothering you at this time at night?

Abel swallowed hard as Constantine turned to his left and leaned on the arm of the chair, looking deep into the eyes of the monster that he shared a stable with. Abel continued his silence for a few more moments but soon begin speaking in his hushed tones.

Abel: Mah apologies, John. If I'd ah known that you had the little un with you...

Constantine: Abel! What's troubling you? Out with it, old friend.

Abel seemed to chew on his words a little as silence once again filled the little hut. Slowly but surely Abel turned his head towards Constantine, revealing tears that had begun forming in the corners of Abel's eyes. Constantine focussed on the beads of water as they begun trickling down his cheeks, trying his utmost to hide his confusion and sympathy for the lurching giant that sat across from him.

Abel: Ah need you to tell me somethin', John, and ah need the truth.

This time, it is the turn of The Power Trip to swallow hard as Abel begins questioning him. Moving backwards on his chair a little and guessing at the arms reach of the monster from Dead Horse, Constantine had already adapted the stance of a defensive man – still trying his best to hide that from Abel.

Abel: I remember bein' in the room when Steven got the call that is business ac-u-men had been leaked all o'er the place. From newspapers to the media, there ain't nothin' that wasn't bein' told to the bayin' public that wanted to see him fall from grace. Truth be told, ah hated seein' Steven like that. The man that had taken me from bein' nothing more than a production line worker to bein' one half o' the Tag Team Champions.

Abel turned his head back towards the flame, running his massive left hand under both of his eyes and drying up the tears from his eyes before the water has time to swell. However, the break in his voice was totally unavoidable as he continued to talk.

Abel: He probably thought that ah didn't care about what was goin' on with his business. But ah ain't no idiot, John. I know what is good fo' the goose is good fo' the gander. Let me as you somethin', John, and this is where ah need you to be honest with me.

Constantine braced himself for the worst, knowing what he knows.

Abel: You honestly think that if Steven Holmes lost all o' his fortune from all o' his businesses, that he would continue to take an interest in someone like me? Or do you think that he would drop me like a sack o' potatoes?

Constantine loosed his grip on the arm of the chair, letting out a sigh of relief in the process. He had been so sure of what Abel was going to ask that he didn't really have an answer for Abel. Fidgeting in his chair for a moment, Constantine searches his brain for an answer as Abel continued to sit in silence to his left.

Constantine: I... Uh...

Abel turned his head in surprise at Constantine's lack of a solid answer. Narrowing his eyes as Constantine continued to fidget, Abel begins to stare a hole through his tag team partner. After a moment, Constantine turned his head and met the gaze of the giant monster to his left. Abel's gaze burned a hole through the soul of The Power Trip. Swallowing hard one final time and averting his gaze from Abel, Constantine let out a final deep sigh.

Constantine: It was me, Abel. I leaked all of that information to the press. I'm sorry that you had to be caught up in all of this.

Abel took a deep breath and nodded his head slowly, his massive silhouette reflecting on the far wall. In that moment, Constantine wasn't sure what the reaction of Hunnicutt would have been. Sure, he could have brought up his massive fists and driven them through the face of The Power Trip. But his reaction was something far more sombre – something strange.

Abel: Thank you, John.

Constantine allowed a look of confusion to appear across his face again, somewhat akin to the one sported when Abel first embraced him outside of his shed residence. Abel sniffled and then got to his feet. Constantine watched as Abel silently paced in front of the fire and then moved over to where Casey was sleeping. Abel stared down at the sleeping babe once again as Constantine hoped he would find the same level of calmness that he had outside.

Abel: Like ah said, John, ah was in the room when Steven found out that his business had been leaked to everyone that wanted to know anythin'. I was there when they blasted through all o' his business that ain't no secret anymore. But you know what hurt me the most, John? The fact that ol' Steven had invested in the same company that he found me in all those years ago. An' fo' years, Steven hadn't found the time or the effort to talk it o'er with me...

Constantine listened studiously as Abel continued.

Abel: In some way, your daughter reminds me a lot o' what ah was with Steven. He looked after me when ah needed someone to look after me. The same way that a little un' needs a father to show her what is right an' what is wrong is the same way that ah needed Steven. He took me from bein' a piece o' coal in rough to bein' the destructive diamond that ah am now. He showed me the way, John.

Abel ran a hand over the forehead of the sleeping babe below him, perhaps somehow finding serenity in her peaceful features.

Abel: But ah always felt that ah was a piece in the puzzle o' Steven Holmes. On the face o' things, Steven made me feel like ah was important to his plans. But all o' this has taught me that I ain't as important as ah once thought. All o' those times that you talked about Steven and ah always thought that you were wrong, mah ignorance was bliss. Ah knew that you would tell me the truth. John, ah knew it!

Constantine sensed his opportunity and jumped to his feet. Moving over the floor to where Abel stood over the sleeping baby below him. Placing a hand on the shoulder of Abel, Constantine looked to give some comfort to the giant that he shared the Tag Team Championships with.

Constantine: It has been a long road until this point, Abel. And as much as I have been the most vocal detractor of Steven Holmes, I cannot stand here in good faith and not show him some respect for what he has delivered to me. You, Abel Hunnicutt, are one of the greatest talents that WZCW has ever seen. And you are right in your assumption that Steven Holmes mined a brilliant talent when he found you in Texas. But the reason I leaked that information was to show you the error of your ways. You didn't want to believe me all those months ago, Abel, and I can totally understand that.

Constantine stepped away from Abel and moved back towards the roaring fire across the room. Turning on his heels, Constantine demanded the floor and the attention of his tag team partner. Abel collected himself for a moment before finding the eyes of Constantine.

Constantine: What you have been through in these last few weeks, I have a lot of sympathy for. But through the biggest pains, we learn the most. In this pain, you have learned so much about the way the world works and about Steven Holmes – most of which I have known for years. Your time with Steven Holmes has begun to mould you into what you can be. But this pain will inspire you to be something even bigger and better. This pain that you feel in your soul and your heart right now will inspire you to further greatness. With you by my side, we can mould WZCW into the company that we always knew it could be. This pain, Abel, will define you.

Abel stood motionless for a moment before averting his eyes from the gaze of the loud-mouthed former politician. Constantine felt the nerves jangle deep inside him but steeled his jaw as Abel considered his works. Constantine could see the wheels in Abel's brain turning as he stared through him. Suddenly, Abel raised his head, the fire beginning to dance in his iris' once more. Constantine sensed that his moment to steal the allegiance of Abel was nigh and he seized it.

Constantine: Steven Holmes was content with mediocrity, Abel, something that I have never been content with. He would have Vis Imperium rule WZCW for the foreseeable future with absolutely no thought for the future, barring his own selfish desires. He would have you and Austin Reynolds do his bidding so that he could accomplish what he wanted to accomplish. But I have bigger plans for Vis Imperium, Abel.

Constantine begun stepping towards Abel with trepidation. Abel watches The Power Trip walk towards him, showing no emotions in his fiery eyes.

Constantine: Vis Imperium can be our legacy, Abel. It can be the thing that defines us within this world. You could come all the way from a factory to ruling the wrestling world. What I am proposing is far from Holmes offered you. Where he would have you serve, I would have you as my partner. Where he would serve to accomplish his own selfish needs, I would wish us both success. But I need your help with it.

Abel considered the words of The Power Trip for a moment as Constantine finally reached him. Constantine put one hand out in front of him in a handshake gesture, waiting for Abel's answer – all the while, Constantine could feel the tension building.

Abel: What do you need me to do?

Constantine's trademark sick smile crossed his face as Abel grabbed his hand and shook it with soft acceptance.

12k92R6.gif

What's up everyone!?

David Kerms here, once again, to bring you some strange and – somewhat – exciting news making it's way over to us at WZCW headquarters.

Members of the Internet Wrestling Community may be aware of some developing news taking place in the international world of wrestling. Not many of you, however, will be aware to what extent the rumours are true. These rumours relate to the use of WZCW Talent in a Mexican wrestling promotion and it's un-televised live events that have been taking place during the last week – most notably Abel Hunnicutt.

Truth be told, I hadn't heard anything about the story until early yesterday morning after a picture of a newspaper was dropped on my desk. For the sake of informing my audience, I will share that picture with you now.

url]

After few hours of making some calls and exhausting my contacts south of the border, I have finally come up with something substantial. I have managed to uncover video from the event that will both entertain and shock you in equal measure. I should warn you that this footage is from the mobile phone of a fan and is not of a great quality.

Fans cheer loudly as the titantron atop the stage flickers into life to reveal a countdown, not dissimilar to that of a Lethal Lottery countdown. As the countdown reaches a count of 3, the fans at ringside become totally engrossed with it and begin chanting along – their strong Hispanic accents adding a new dynamic to the chanting.

3! 2! 1!

The titantron comes alive with a mirage of colours and shapes as the dark entrance music chimes through the small but packed out arena. The fans are on their feet as the mystery luchador finally makes his first appearance. On the screen, the name of EL VIENTO becomes clear. The masked man makes his way out onto the stage and raises both of his arms in a taunting manner that gets a massive cheer from the baying crowd.

Announcer: Damas y caballeros, den la bienvenida a su campeon del mundo G.L.I.L... El Viento!!

Another massive cheer swells in the arena as the man dressed in black and white begins making his way down the ramp. Under his black and white robe, flashes of gold catch the camera's lens and shimmer beautifully. The cameraman turns his phone to reveal some action going on inside the ring. Two men, one masked and the other without a mask, do battle in the ring. The masked man takes a stiff chop to the chest that sends him backwards into the corner. Without hesitation or mercy, the unmasked man with long blonde hair begins lifting him in an effort to get him over the top rope. But the thought of potentially eliminating his opponent quickly disappears with a thumb to the eye and the entrance to the ring of El Viento.

The crowd cheers one final time as El Viento goes to work on both of his opponents. First, he lays into the masked opponent with some stiff kicks to the legs and then some chops to the chest, backing him up into the ropes and the nailing him with a spinning roundhouse kick. The unmasked opponent quickly intervenes and lands a double-axe-handle to the back of El Viento. But if anything, this seems to fire El Viento up even more. He rallies back with a swift elbow to the side of his opponents head as the crowd continue to go wild for the luchador. The unmasked man recoils and hits the far ropes, hoping to nail El Viento with a thunderous clothesline of his own and settle the score. But El Viento is ready for it and ducks under the arm of his opponent. Suddenly, El Viento hoists the man onto his shoulders and nails him with a beautiful spinning body drop. The crowd goes wild as El Viento gets back to his feet and the countdown timer appears one final time.

3! 2! 1!

The camera immediately turns back to the entrance way as a stunned silence falls over the crowd. After a moment or two, the monster of Vis Imperium makes his way out onto the stage, his WZCW Tag Team Championship wrapped around his waist. The crowd come absolutely unglued as Abel stops on the stage to take in the stunned reaction of the Mexican wrestling loyalists. He allows a wry smile to appear on his face under his bushy and unkempt beard. He raises both of his hands to his side to soak in the energy of the crowd before beginning his walk towards the ring.

Announcer: Demos la bienvenida a la ultima participante... Abel Hunnicutt!!

The cameraman, tucked neatly into the fans in the ramp, follows Abel Hunnicutt as he makes his way down to the ring. Abel seems totally focussed on the 3 men in the middle of the ring as he slowly marches towards the battlefield. Abel allows one final smile to appear on his face before he runs towards the ring and slides under the bottom rope. Suddenly, the masked wrestler that El Viento made light work of is on his feet and trying to make light of Abel. But Abel catches him by the throat and immediately hoists him onto his shoulders! TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER! The crowd cheer as Abel gets up from his knees and picks up the masked wrestler. Without any hesitation, he tosses him over the top rope and eliminates him to a cheer. Abel turns around as El Viento picks up the unmasked wrestler and tosses him towards the monster of Vis Imperium. Another TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER is the reward of the opponent. Who soon joins one of his opponents on the outside of the ring as he is tossed over with ease.

The noise from the crowd is utterly deafening as Abel turns to the luchador known as El Viento and smiles. Finally, the Champion of G.L.I.L and Abel Hunnicutt come face to face. However, their excitement is soon prematurely ended as Abel turns on his heels and steps over the top rope. El Viento stares at the monster as he drops from the apron and the bell sounds. The crowd don't know what to feel as Abel allows his smile to return as El Viento has his hand raised in the middle of the ring.

Announcer: Aqui esta su ganador... EL VIENTO!!

It should be noted, however, that WZCW talents have a strict no-compete policy with other companies throughout the wrestling world written into their basic contracts. From time to time, WZCW may allow a wrestler to compete at a special occasion or event. However, I am being told that Abel's appearance at the house show for wrestling promotion G.L.I.L was not cleared through conventional means.

And when you think that things couldn't get much stranger in the world of WZCW, I am about to blow your mind. As I typed up this article, I received another piece of recorded footage from after the match that Abel seemed to compete in. And if you thought that Able competing in a match for another wrestling promotion, seemingly owned by Steven Holmes, seemed strange... You haven't seen anything yet!

As pictures return, we see the back of someone's shirt until the camera is moved to reveal the ring once again. El Viento looks dazed and confused about what just went down but Abel continues to laugh. The atmosphere in the arena seems to be just as confused as different chants and cheers can be heard reverberating around. Suddenly, Abel can be seen to raise his left arm and point towards the stage. Everyone turns their heads to see what is coming but, for a while at least, there is nothing but silence. That is until...

A massive eruption of cheers go around the arena as the familiar chords of John Constantine's entrance music begins to blare around the arena. After a moment, the elusive former politician makes his way out onto the stage to a huge reaction from the Mexican wrestling fans. In the middle of the ring, El Viento turns towards Constantine in confusion. He switches his gaze between Abel, on the outside of the ring, and Constantine on the stage. Constantine smiles widely as he heads sown the ramp.

Announcer: Por favor bienvenida WZCW por equipos... John Constantine!!

Constantine can be seen being given a microphone from a stage hand on the ramp as he struts down in casually. He opens his suit jacket to reveal his side of the WZCW Tag Team Championships that he wears with pride.

Constantine: Ladies and gentlemen of Tijuana, Mexico... Thank you for your unending support and love for Vis Imperium!

The Power Trip takes the microphone away from his mouth with a flourish. His eyes light up as he smirks towards the fans. He motions for Abel to get in the ring as he reaches the bottom of the ramp. El Viento looks very suspicious of the two men getting into the ring with him but stands his ground, much to the appreciation of the Mexican fans in the arena. A huge cheer of anticipation and respect goes around the arena now, obscuring the sound from the microphone as Constantine begins speaking again.

Constantine: You may have heard over the last couple of weeks that dear Steven Holmes was revealed to be the majority owner of G.L.I.L and to that end, Abel and I thought that we would come down to Mexico and show our support for our dear colleague. It truly is a new world for Gran Liga Internacional de Lucha! The sky is the limit for this promotion...

Constantine finishes climbing the steps and then walks along the apron before getting into the ring, joining Abel and El Viento in the middle of the ring.

Constantine: And it's superstars!

The Tag Team Champion makes his way across the ring, captivating his audience and demanding their attention. Suddenly, he turns to El Viento in the middle of the ring and addresses him directly.

Constantine: At the Lethal Lottery event in a couple of days, Vis Imperium will defend their Tag Team and Elite Openweight Championships against the combined forces of Justin Cooper, Mark Keaton and Logan McAllister. The three men have proven themselves to be somewhat of a thorn in the side of Vis Imperium and despite being put in their place on numerous occasions, have managed to finagle themselves another Championship opportunity.

Constantine lets out a maniacal laugh.

Constantine: It seems as though WZCW is the land of opportunity for the very least talented wrestlers in the world. Cooper, Keaton and McAllister are a testament to that. You can count their accomplishments on one hand but they always seem to be in the discussion when it comes to awarding Championship opportunities. Vis Imperium is the most destructive and dominant stable in the history of wrestling and now is your opportunity to get on board with that, ladies and gentlemen. Even now, the reach of Vis Imperium continues to grow and soon we will take over the wrestling world. Our opponents at the Lethal Lottery have no chance of stopping Vis Imperium...

Constantine extends his hand to El Viento in a handshake manner.

Constantine: And with your help, we will continue to grow. If McAllister, Cooper and Keaton are able to achieve so much with so little talent. Imagine what someone like you would be able to accomplish in the big leagues.

The fans begin booing as Constantine takes the microphone away from his mouth and begins mouthing words towards El Viento that the crowd cannot make out. El Viento moves his head from right to left, taking in the reaction of the crowd. Constantine continues to talk to El Viento as Abel makes his way up to behind the Power Trip, urging El Viento to accept.

Suddenly, the stream cuts out. Fade to black...

I'm sure there's more to this than meets the eye. But for now, keep your eyes peeled to dot com for more information as and when we get it.

2cr0ubn.png

Website Manager
David Kerms

Credits
Banner: Killjoy
Article: Dave​

I never wanted to be a hero. I never saw myself as a leader of men. I left that for the real stars. You know, the ones that inspire children and sign autographs. I wasn’t good enough for that. I was the bad guy, that evil foreigner and for years I embraced it, thought Justin. The waves washed up upon the shore. Light ever so slowly piercing through the thick grey clouds overhead. It was early in the morning, around 6:15 AM, but you’d never have known by looking at the sky. The usual vibrant blue was overtaken by a mix of grey and black. Not only was the sky rough but the water echoed a similar note. The calmness had gone and been replaced with a chaos born of rage and fury. Far away from shore a local fishing boat was being knocked violently back and forth by the swirling waves. Its captain and crew struggling to keep up with the sharpness of the wind and the roar of the waves beneath them. An omen for the day ahead? The war is here, Lethal Lottery and the time when alliances are formed and broken. Everyone becomes a villain because everyone is out for themselves. The Lottery changes men, it brings to the surface their inner most demons. I don't want to go back to what I was but inside the Lottery anything goes and everyone is exposed. The water rarely acted this wild.

It was to be expected today, if it were to reach into itself and pull forth a wildness rarely seen than it was only fair that it broke through now. Justin Cooper stood on the shore, the sand oozing between his toes, his shoes held in his hand. He watched the sea and all that called it home. He didn’t have to search for much since most had either escaped or passed on by after seeing the conditions. They had run from the water, they expected it to be calm but when it presented itself as a beast yet to be tamed, they ran. Justin eyed the water, he had come to do laps as his doctor suggested to help fix his knee. from one end of the shore to the next, Justin looked for a break in the current or a spot behind the rock wall where the water wasn’t crashing in on itself. Not today, I knew it. It's preparing me for what's to come. Good men will turn to the most vile acts for a chance to main event Kingdom Come. Am I willing to do that? I'm not willing to sacrifice myself to reach the World Heavyweight Championship but others will. Others will tear themselves to pieces for a chance to touch the gold and they'll have no problem tearing me apart along the way.

By the time he entered the water all the fishing boats offshore had gone. It was too much trouble and not enough fish to be found out in these conditions. Justin wasn’t looking for fish, he was looking for something different; reprieve. A reprieve from the pain that had been as common as a sneeze or a yawn. It taunted him. Just when he thought he could sleep, the pain would return. It started off cold, like ice freezing his bones in his knee and causing them to ache. Shifts in temperature would follow, not just to his knee but his whole body. Justin shook uncontrollably when he felt cold and sweat poured from his forehead when his body fought against the cold, trying to warm itself up but it always overcompensated. The night before Lethal Lottery he placed his head back against a pillow and for hours he watched the ceiling. It was beautifully carved, the hotel had been sure to mention the artist but Justin had long since forgotten. His gaze remained for hours into the night, no matter if he was shaking or sweating, his teeth grinding together, his fist clawing at the sheets and then his alarm went off.

He never slept.

Not anymore.

“I can prescribe pills if you’d like.” said the doctor.

The doctor’s snarky tone remained with Justin.

“Sure. I’ll take whatever you got. Anything to take some of the pain away.”

“I’ll write you up. Couple a day, no more than three otherwise you’ll end up relying on these things. It can be nasty by the end.”

“Can’t be any worse than it is right now,” replied Justin.

One, two, three. He had lost count by now. Take two they said but it all blurred together. What day was it? How long ago did he take the last one... it must be time for another. It couldn’t hurt.

The water lifted the weight of his knee up and allowed Justin to float. Just for a moment. A moment is all I ask for. Take it away. Take all the pain away and let me live. Let me feel something other than this misery, Justin thought to himself as the waves turned him. It was still rough and his body moved with the water, he didn’t have the strength to fight against it. As he did in bed, Justin looked up but up was down and soon he could taste salt. Maybe this is it? If I close my eyes it ends here. No more struggling, no more pain, no more battles and I can rest. I want to rest. No more. I must rest.

He sank further down into the water as his body crashed against the sand. Everything sparkled as he looked up, his eyes catching the sunlight touching the water. Justin pushed off the sand beneath him; he felt like he was flying. For a moment, just a split second, the pain was gone. He soared through the water and broke through the surface. He had been carried out further than he had realised. The sounds of the ocean; birds flying over the top, waves crashing on the rocks and the odd echo from a nearby cave were all he could hear. He was removed from the city, yet he could see it. To see it but feel so removed, oh how he wondered what it would be like to look down at his knee and feel... nothing. He had forgotten. As Justin swam over to a formation of rocks he coughed up some water.

For thirty minutes Justin would remain on the rocks. Water droplets dripping from his body, his back feeling the breeze, leaving a coldness against his skin. He sat there, on the rocks in the early morning before Lethal Lottery, and thought. Everything had been happening so fast, like the water, and now for the first time in months he had the chance to think.

What makes a hero? What makes a villain?

Which one am I?

---

The smell of cigarette swelled around the parking lot. The show was still a few hours away, the parking lot bare, fans yet to begin making the long journey through traffic to pack into the building for Lethal Lottery. They had already made the journey that thousands of fans would soon make; Justin Cooper and Mark Keaton had arrived for their biggest test yet. Both men stood outside with their bags in hand which contained their wrestling gear, water and some food. Keaton chewed on an apple, pacing back and forth in his thick leather jacket, a sparkle of glitter sprinkled down the sides, his golden hair untamed.

“He’s taking forever to get here,” said Keaton as he took a bite of the apple. “Does this guy not get it? We’re the champions and he’s keeping us waiting. I don’t like that. That’s disrespectful and nobody disrespects Mark Keaton.”

He looked over to Justin for approval. His partner stood with his back against the steel of the arena, one foot aligned to the wall and a cigarette passing through his fingers. Cooper wore a suit, he always dressed up for pay-per-views as most veterans did. It was a custom long lost on the younger members of the fed but tradition was important for Justin. He saw it as a way of honour and he would keep to that.

“Former. Don’t forget to put the word former before you call us champions.”

“Ah, nobody cares about the details. Stop stressing because tonight we’re going to throw that word away. Never again is the world ‘former’ ever going to be associated with Justin Cooper or Mark Keaton.”

Justin tossed his cigarette to the side and stomped on it. Slowly he approached Mark and ran his fingers under the collar of the leather jacket. The leather had turned upwards so Justin flicked it back down and then stepped back.

“I asked you to wear a suit.” Justin reminded Mark; his tone sharp and cutting.

“I don’t do suits. Horrible things when you think about it. Funerals, court or getting fired are the most common times to wear suits. Bad vibes all around and we don’t need bad vibes around here, especially tonight. We have a chance to regain our titles. Just think of the party, it’ll be massive! Oh, baby.”

A swell began to rise in the parking lot from the eastern entrance. Both men turned and saw the vehicle approach. Dust twisting in the air as the wheels rolled over mixing with the hot Phoenix road.

“You reckon this is him?” Mark asked, taking the last bite of his apple.

“I would hope so.”

Out of the car came Logan McAllister, their tag partner for the night and the man who had become crucial to defeating Vis Imperium, accompanied by his fiancée Brittany and their son Hayden. The family was a stark contrast to that of Cooper and Keaton.

“Ugh, he’s got the kid with him. Great, we have to babysit his pest while we wait.” Mark said. He stepped forward, looked back to Justin and sneered, then he turned towards the family and put on a smile.

“Play nice. We need him. It’s probably good for him to have the family around. Keeps him motivated.”

“Well he better hope so because if his brat and his woman cost us our match, if his head isn’t in the game, he’ll have a lot to answer for.”

Justin quickly turned and looked his partner directly in the eyes. The family were still out of earshot as he leaned in and whispered to Mark. His voice piercing like a hot needle.

“Careful now. We don’t want to make enemies out of friends when our current enemies are knocking at our door. This man wants his family around and you will be respectful. Got it?”

“Whatever.”

Neither had a family to speak of, they both had no fiancée nor a son who shared their name. Cooper watched as the young boy grasped his father’s hand; Hayden clutching tightly as they approached. Cooper made the first move, he walked forward and held out his hand to greet Logan and his family.

“Pleased you could join us. Hopefully you didn’t find the traffic difficult.” Justin said, shaking Logan’s hand.

“About damn time you got here. Probably the kid playing with his toys or the fiancée putting her makeup on. No place for women and children is this business.” Mark interjected.

Justin turned immediately, clearly annoyed with Keaton’s comments and spoke up.

“And you’re always on time for things? I’m sure your morning was full of training and working out like mine was.”

“Well... no but...” Keaton stuttered, lowering his head. He turned away from the pleasantries being exchanged, spotted the apple core on the ground and booted it across the car park. When he turned back all four of them were walking up to the entrance of the arena.

“We’ve got a lot to discuss. Unless we all work together none of us are walking out of Lethal Lottery with gold. Divided we stand no chance but together, if we all do our jobs, we can take down Vis Imperium. We can change this company for the better.”

“I know my role tonight. I fight for my family and to provide them with the things I could only dream of having. My son, means the world to me, and I promised him that I would bring home a championship.” Logan wrapped his arm around Hayden’s shoulders and pulled him close.

“And I’ll do anything to keep my promise to my son.”

Keaton chuckled.

“Something funny?” Logan asked.

“Sorry, I just couldn’t help but feel something inside me when you started speaking about the power of love. Love... is that what you’re going into this match with? The hell is love going to do when Vis Imperium starts kicking the crap out of you? When they get Justin or me isolated and you stand on the apron like some idiot trying to use your love to help.”

Keaton stepped up into Logan’s face and pushed his fists under his chin.

“These are what I believe in. My fists and tonight I’m going to send them into Abel Hunnicutt, Constantine and Austin Reynolds as many times as I need to until they don’t get up. Love is weak and if that is all you bring than you can get back into that car and keep on driving because you’ll only weigh us down.”

Justin moved forward but Logan’s arm slammed across his chest. His other arm dropped from Hayden’s shoulders as he eyed a defiant Mark Keaton.

“Love is more powerful than you know. I love my family and I’ll do anything for them but you don’t understand that. You left your family, Justin, by himself for a month against Vis Imperium. Where were you?”

“I was in hospital you nitwit! Come on, I’ll show you right now how far I’m willing to go for my family.”

Justin got between both men and shoved them aside. His hair twisted, sweat dripping from his forehead and his eyes dashing between the two men.

“Enough! What the hell is this? We’re a team. We have to be a team tonight otherwise we’re all going to be left behind. Do you two not get this? You both lost to Austin Reynolds in the last three weeks but you know who didn’t? Oh, that was me. I beat him because I went into the match with a clear head.”

“This guy doesn’t have a clue, Justin. He’s all caught up with his family. We don’t need him.” Mark yelled.

“Is that right? Come here and say it!” Logan responded.

Justin once again got between them, his hands grasped around the collars of both men. Logan swatted it away while Mark wriggled free, tossing his leather jacket to the ground.

“Do you two think Vis Imperium is fighting like this? Do you think they’re bickering like a bunch of school girls?”

His voiced lowered, Justin turned to Mark.

“I get it. You don’t get along with others quickly. I know. I’ve been with you for months and I trust you more than anyone. I’m not asking you to trust him. I need you to trust me. Logan is who we need. We can’t beat them without him. Trust me, please.”

Mark shook his head.

“Please, I need you out there with me. We can’t win without you but we don’t stand a chance without Logan. Two against three, we’ve seen it and it doesn’t work for us. We need to even the odds. Trust me, this is our best chance to regain what you love most of all; championship gold. All the fame, the cars, the parties, the women and the glory all go down the toilet if we lose tonight. If you need something other than this team to fight for than fight for that.”

He said nothing but that was a positive sign. When Mark didn’t make a fuss he was usually on your side. Justin turned to Logan, his fiancée holding their son in her arms after all the shouting. Logan was frustrated, his fist clenched and prepared for a fight whether it was Vis Imperium or Mark Keaton.

“We need you but you need us just as much. If you want to make that boy proud than you have to work with us. Your family can be set for life with one win. Everything you've ever dreamed of giving them is in your hands. All you have to do is follow my lead. Trust me and I'll make sure that you walk out as Elite Openweight Champion tonight. We just have to be a team and not individuals.”

“I’m here to win. I’m here to make them proud and you promised me that you would help me become Elite Openweight Champion. I put a lot of trust in you. You made me a promise as I made my son a promise. Tonight, I say we make both of them come true.”

Justin nodded. “Thank you. I told you that I would help bring you the Elite Openweight Championship if you supported us against Constantine and Hunnicutt. I may not be perfect but I keep my promises. You can trust me. I’m no villain... and neither is he.”

The sun had lowered towards the skyline. Justin walked over and picked up the leather jacket from the ground, handed it to Mark Keaton and patted him on the back. The McAllister’s made their way into the building first and Justin followed. Logan held the door for Justin and as he went to pass through, Mark grabbed him by the arm.

“Just so you know; villains have more fun.”

caption%20of%20Remarkable_zpsxc2kacfq.jpg

Mark Keaton opened his eyes slowly, his eyelids seemed sticky so it took a little effort to pull them apart. He noticed he was in a hotel room, memories of a wild party flashed across his brain.

Heavy drinker, you’re a wild beast man!

A slow vice seemed to be clamping his brain as a headache was coming on, he needed some Advil Extra Strength pills and he needed them now. Mark lifted his head and moved his upper body towards the side nightstand but something was weighing down his arm on his right. He pulled the white, silky covers off to reveal a brunette in her late twenties.

Looks older than that actually. She looked better last night.

Mark flexed his shoulder and tried to slide his arm free of her head weight, but she made a grunting noise and turned towards him.

Shit. I know I can get out of here without waking her up. I’ve faced impossible odds like this before.

He considered chewing off his arm but thought better of it. Mark removed the cover from his body and discovered they were both completely nude. He was sticky from head to toe from spilled vodka and sex. He tried to kick a Vogue Magazine off of his foot but gave up as the flapping was too loud.

That’s it! I’ll do a kip up and ninja my way out of this.

Mark lifted his legs and held a rung behind his head from the ornate headboard with his left hand for leverage.

What the hell man, this isn’t gonna work. She’ll end up flying off of the bed towards the bathroom.

He stretched his left leg out and pulled a swivel chair towards the bed. He ended up getting his foot wedged under the arm rest and couldn’t free it. The woman made a loud sighing sound, her eyelids moved rapidly like she was having a wild dream.

Stay asleep.

Mark reached out and grabbed the edge of the heavy wooden nightstand. He grabbed as hard as he could and tried to free his right arm. His hand slipped off and he cursed mentally. He lightly slapped the top and pulled, his hand caught a place mat and he thought he was moving the table itself, so he kept scraping. A lit oil lamp tipped over towards him and he caught it by the glass.

“Fuck!” He harshly whispered as the glass burned his hand, he swatted the lamp away and knocked a full ashtray of butts and ash all over his body.

The lamp smashed behind the bed and ignited the curtain behind it. The flames quickly spread halfway up. Mark rested his head on the headboard as he opened the Advil with one hand, he popped three pills and eyed the older woman laying on his arm. She had a goofy smile on her face as she looked like she was dreaming about shopping or something. Smoke started to crawl it’s way across the ceiling in the room, he saw it approaching the fire alarm. He looked at his cigarette butt, ash-covered body and shook his head. He yanked his right arm hard out from under the woman, she rolled off Mark’s arm then right off of the bed. She landed with a THUNK on the hotel room floor.

“Hey, yer up!” Mark tried but his voice was cracked as he quickly grabbed his clothes and jacket, “you were dreaming about mountain climbing or something chick.”

“Ohh,”The woman said as she stood up, “that was some party.”

“I don’t want to be rude but, let’s keep the chit chat at a minimum, is that cool? I have a splitting headache babe.”

“That’s alright Marky.” The woman turned and smiled, she put on her panties and jeans, then pulled on a light T-shirt that had The Three Smokes Band logo on the front of it. She combed her hair and quickly applied lipstick as smoke curled around her arm. She looked at the smoke dumbfounded as the fire alarm started to beep loudly.

“Hey Mark, I was wondering….” But Mark was already gone.

---------------------------------------------------

ONE HOUR LATER…..

Mark stood by the curb in his black leather jacket and black jeans. He pulled a smoke from his jacket but it stuck to his finger and broke in half. He cursed and threw it to the ground.

A stretch, bright red Iroc Z pulled up to the curb. Mark smirked and grabbed the back door and nodded at the driver that it was O.K and he didn’t need to get out. Yes, he did all that with a nod, he’s a professional nodder alright?

Cooper sat in the horseshoe-shaped leather seats as Mark opened the door, the large horn of a fire truck blared in the background and the bright orange glow of a massive fire. Emergency service vehicles joined with their sirens and lights. Mark slammed the door, cutting all the commotion out.

“Everything alright?” Justin asked, eyeing the young rocker and the state he was in.

“Ya. Some old guy fell asleep with a smoke in his mouth or somethin. What’s with the suit man? We goin to a wedding or what?”

Cooper checked himself out and straightened his collar. He eyed the attire of Keaton and opened his mouth to put the man down, but then thought better of it. The youngster looked to be hung over. I’ll give it some time and let him know before we head into the arena. This kid has to start dressing like a pro if he’s to be taken seriously. He’s certainly going to need a shower when we get to the locker room.

“You havin one of those old guy moments, man?” Mark gave the veteran a curious glance, Mark felt the sensation of his jacket pocket vibrating.

“It’s nothing. I take it you were partying last night?” Justin frowned at Mark.

“No way!” Mark laughed loud as he tried to smother the vibrations coming from his pocket, “I was working out! Workin on my biceps. Did you know I have the best biceps in, in….where the hell is that vibrating coming from?”

“Probably your cell phone.” Cooper nodded at Mark’s jacket.

Mark flipped open his phone and answered it, “Hello? Sexy man beast here, who’s talkin?”

Cooper noticed Mark’s expression change immediately, the youngster gritted his teeth as he held the cell phone tightly.

“Whoa man! Stop for second! Let's get one thing clear alright, you and I are not bros like me and Coop. I don't like people from Boston."

Cooper buried his face in his hands and let out a long sigh.

After a moment of nodding, Mark spoke again, “That’s right man! The TRIO OF DOOM won’t be going down at Lethal Lottery!”

Cooper watched Mark nod with conviction as he listened to his phone, he winked at Cooper and punched the air with his fist.

“Right on, see you at Lethal Lottery, suplex man!” Mark yelled and closed his phone.

“We need him, Mark. The three of us have to work together to take down Vis Imperium. Constantine is going to have his men working like a well- oiled machine in that ring tonight.”

“Pfft! Piss on ol big nose! Let me take him out with the VHS Lariat! He’ll be eliminated and we can work on the other two wankers.”

Justin smashed his glass of orange juice off of the carpet floor,“Shut up for a second and listen to me! I’m starting to get pissed off with your attitude! You have to focus Mark! You have to get your head out of the clouds! You had Hunnicut beat on Ascension, I watched you beat him down, but you didn’t stop and think Mark. You went right to the well and tried for The Very Rude Awakening and it was reversed into his special move. You should have waited and made sure his stamina was at zero then finish him. It was a huge rookie mistake. You can’t make mistakes against these guys.”

“Fuckin guy had fish oil or somethin squirting out of his pores. The damn slippery ogre.”

“Just focus Mark. It’s all I ask, I don’t want you to have a shortened career for doing something stupid in that ring and getting hurt. You guys really have to take my lead like Vis Imperium looks to Constantine for true leadership. Even if that slime Steven Holmes thinks he’s really running things, I know better Mark. I know who the real ring general is in that group and his name is Constantine. He’s going to have a plan and he’s going to lead by example. His men will do anything to win that match for him even if it means jumping into a fire…”

“Well, why don’t you go join Vis Imperium if you hold the man in such high regard? I’m lookin at you and praise is all I hear man! I want to hear how we’re gonna crunch those bastards!”

“I envy your confidence kid, I really do.” Cooper smiled and looked out of his window to the shops and people whizzing by as they raced towards the arena. He briefly remembered his time in WZCW at Keaton’s age, the confidence and brash attitude like nothing in the world could stop him. He lit a smoke and inhaled deeply, he blew it out of his nostrils.

“I was part of a stable with Constantine in the past. I’ve fought the man, I’ve beaten him before. I know what it takes, I know what he’s thinking in that ring.”

“And he knows what you're thinking too, right?” Mark lit his own smoke.

“Right. We almost cancel each other out Mark. That’s where I’ll need you and Logan as my warriors. You guys have to fight tooth and nail at Lethal Lottery, put everything you have in that ring to win those titles. Sort the pain out afterward, and enjoy the glory with the effort.”

“Amen, Coop. I promise I won’t let you down, brother.” Mark held out his sticky hand, Justin grabbed it and smiled. He shook it hard and stared into the eyes of the wild youngster, he could see his own spirit in there. Hungry for more gold.

The limo stopped.

“We’re here. Let’s go.” Mark smiled as he grabbed his dark pink travel bag.

The door opened before Mark could grab the handle.

Another travel bag flew into the car and landed on the floor next to Justin’s bag.

“What the f….?”

A man in a dark suit similar to Justin’s stepped inside the car. He removed his shades and sat at the top part of the horseshoe leather seat area between Justin and Mark.

“My limo broke down,” Titus Avison scrunched his nose, “and why does it smell like vodka, smoke, and sex in here?”

“That’s me,” Mark raised his hand,“I had a wild night, and a rough morning.”

The limo was moving again.

“I was just telling Mark about focusing on Vis Imperium at Lethal Lottery, he can’t take his eyes off any of them. Just like you can’t take any of your opponents lightly defending your Eurasian title.”

“What,” Titus took a handkerchief out of his breast pocket and covered his nose,“you expect some inspirational speech off of me here? I’m just getting a ride to the arena. If we did it quietly that would be great.”

“I got money on Tony Mancini.” Mark stuck a wad of chewing gum in his mouth and started chewing loudly.

“Mark…” Justin growled but Titus waved his hand.

“It’s alright Justin. You know, I’m starting to get sick of running into you guys. When are you splitting up? I’m sure once Justin sees how much trouble you are he’ll stab you good in the back.” Titus smiled under his handkerchief.

“Listen man! If anyone is stabbin anyone it’s ME stabbing Justin in the back! I’m the heel here!”

“Calm down Mark!”

“Yes, settle down young man.”

The rest of the ride was in silence just as Titus wanted. He soon removed the handkerchief and read his cell phone for the remainder of the ride.

Cooper looked out the window and started thinking deeply about the match coming. He thought about his brother from a different mother, the young man he needed to watch out for.

Mark Keaton fell asleep and nearly choked on the wad of gum in his mouth.

The limo approached the arena and started to slow down, the large tinted window rolled down behind the driver and he announced….

“NEXT STOP, LETHAL LOTTERY.”

There sits a man, nay a monster in a great, pale void. He is a leviathan, as broad as he is tall, and his hulking figure is slumped, pondering like one of those great stone figures of ancient Greek culture. He raises up his left hand; in it the World Tag Team Championship he owns and wears with great pride and dignity. Slowly he lowers it. Now he raises the right and in that, a key – to what we do not know. He lowers that too and exhales, these two metallic instruments nestled comfortably in his calloused thick, hairy clutches.

Hunnicutt: Life ain’t fair. Ne’er has been, ne’er will be. Straight up. I said it before an’ I say it a million times before am six feet under. It’s a fact o’ life. I come to one o’ those moments now: a rattlesnake, venom drippin’ crossroads. Where do I cas’ mah die? Do I take the path wit’ the man who tells the truth, no matter how stiff, difficult and hard it’s to take? Do I take the path with the comfortin’ little white lies o’ the kin’ that keep you safe at night?

Abel sneers, snorts and spits to the side. Quickly he wipes the little moisture lingering around his mouth and nose, sniffing.

Hunnicutt: Why’d a have to choose? Why not both? I could ride into town, slay and slaughtah anythin’ that crosses me. Whether they be a loudmouth Aust-ra-lian, a retro lovah or some family man. I could take great pleasure in sendin’ em’ back to that prison island, in breakin’ their vinyl, in hurtin’ their family’s future. I could do it. But I can’t simply do it in a way that satisfied all. They be people who want Viz Im-peer-ium to fall, to faltah, to be broken in the wind and ne’er rear its head again, jus’ like they be people who want me to choose which path to follow, which road to take.

But I can’ be doin’ wit’ that. I can keep it goin’. I can keep us together, long enough to crush Coopah an’ his upstart antics, long enough to string up Kea-ton, long enough to banish Mac-Allistah from our lives fore’er. I can rid us all o’ them. I can make all us happy wit’ that. Even Reynolds, an he’s ne’er goddamn happy, miserable sumbitch. An after that I can take stock. But that’s jus’ dilayin’ the inevitable. A decision gotsta’ be reached.

He raises his left hand and the title once more.

Hunnicutt: Do I follow the path that offers reality, truth, fact. Do I follow that which allows me to be blunt and truly what I fear; a bon-a-fide monstah. The path that’ll allow me to toss foes out left an’ right from the Lottery, sendin’ im’ crashin’ o’er, as if bein’ thrown o’erboard a boat.

Again the left goes down and the right rises, key still there, dangling, lingering.

Hunnicutt: Or do I move as I always have, cautiously not wantin’ to upset the order o’ things, allowing fo’ some truth to creep up in, but mostly usin’ what I learn; cunnin’, guile, cleverness, lies to deceive mah way toward the golden path. Takin’ what most see as the back road, but what has done brought me to the dance. Sneakily overthrowin’ the established order an’ allowin’ me to rise on the sly.

Now that hand goes down and Abel’s head is hung. He shrugs his shoulders.

Hunnicutt: Which path?

A deep almost whimpering sigh. He puts his head in his hands and unleashes a pained groan.

Hunnicutt: Mah destiny ain’t manifested itself yet. I still hold it in the palm o’ mah han’. An’ it could lead me to hurt those that have helped me, burnin’ them fore’er, or it could stunt mah growth, it could prevent me from reachin’ mah full potential. I could stan’ aside an’ chose neither, but then I ain’t goin’ nowhere fast. I get left behind an’ fo’ sure I get washed away in the tide o’ mediocrity, jus’ like most o’ the folks in the Lottery, jus’ like most o’ the folks am a hopin’ to throw an’ toss, an’ cast aside fo’ the glory and gran-d-eur that awaits. Do I get real wit’ people or do I lie to im’, pretend to help, look to assist an’ then jus’ eliminate them in Ma-ch-i-vell-ian style?

Now both hands stretch outwards, Abel’s head still bowed.

Hunnicutt: Which choice, which one leads to the best path, which one leads to me bein’ a frien’ an’ an apprentice? Which path don’t burn bridges, but reinforces em’? Which path allows me to toss folks out an’ stan’ their at the en’ with a chance at immortality. Which path allows me to maintain this feelin’ that I can topple jus’ about anyone, that I can take Coopah, Kea-ton, an’ Mac-Allistah all by mahself. Which path is the high road? Which leads to eternal bliss, an’ which leads to the fiery pit an’ damnation? Which?

As his destiny remains in the balance, Abel retracts his arms and finds himself curled up, like a wounded child, the weight of his decision crushing him and moulding him.

8:55am
Morning of Lethal Lottery
Phoenix, AZ​

Logan McAllister's eyes opened to the bright Arizona sun hitting his hotel bedroom. A large yawn escaped his body as he stretched his arms, before sitting up in bed. To his left was his soon to be wife, Brittany O'Shea. Logan watched her sleep, the blankets tangled in between her legs. She must be tired, her and Hayden flew in kinda late last night from Boston, but Logan needed his family here tonight. Logan quietly stood up, pulling on a nearby shirt, Boston sports obviously. This one was a faded gray one with the words "Who's your Papi?" on it. Logan slowly shuffled out of the room and down the hall, peeking in on his son. Hayden was all curled up, hugging his pillow, hard asleep. Logan couldn't help smiling as he headed to the balcony.

After opening the sliding glass door, Logan stepped out on the balcony, taking in the view of the desert. It was a stark contrast to the weather in Boston, where fall was in full effect. Here, it was still summer like. Logan noticed the bottle of Jack Daniels and the couple shot glasses from last night, and walked over to the table. He poured himself a shot, and walked back to the edge of the balcony, lifting his shot towards the sky.

Logan: It worked for the '04 Sox, cheers to Boston!

Logan downed the shot, and began thinking about tonight. Tonight Logan needed to trust his teammates. He needed them as much as they needed him. He had the added pressure of trying again to fulfill that promise of winning a championship for his son too, and should he be unsuccessful here, there's no telling when he might get another shot.

While Logan is lost in thought, the sliding glass door opens, and Hayden comes bursting through the door, tackling his dad from behind.

Hayden: Gotcha dad! I didn't think you'd be up this early, too excited for your match tonight?

Logan reached his arm behind him, scooping his unsuspecting child and whipping him around into a giant bearhug, before letting him go free, both laughing from the exchange.

Logan: You can say that. I am excited, but I'm also just focused buddy. I've been tangled with Vis Imperium for awhile now, and I always come up short, and it's usually a numbahs game. Coopah and Keaton, well they seem to have had the same type of luck, and it just makes too much sense for us to work togethah and hopefully we both get what we want....championships.

Hayden looks at his dad as he finshes talking, his eyes getting wide as he can't wait to watch his dad wrestle twice tonight. As much as he doesn't wanna bug his dad, he can't help but to ask another question.

Hayden: I think you guys will win dad, Cooper has lots of experience, and his partner is wild dad! The two of them and you should be unstoppable tonight! Do you think you can win AND then still win the Lottery? That'd be sooooo cool!

Logan smiled at his son, messing with his hair.

Logan: That would be wicked awesome Hayden, and I'd love to do that, but my first concern is winning the Elite Openweight Championship, and also helping Coopah and Keaton become two time tag champs. Don't get me wrong, your dad is gonna try and win both, but beating Vis Imperium needs to be done first.

Logan would love to win both, however if he had to pick, beating Vis Imperium would be his choice. Logan wanted, no Logan NEEDED to leave Phoenix as champion.

As the two men relaxed on the balcony, Brittany joined them, her hair a wild mess, and she hugged Hayden before hugging Logan as well.

Brittany: Good morning my boys! Usually I'm the first one awake, and it's you Logan that wakes up all late!

Brittany took a seat in between the two, and yawned, which triggered both Hayden and Logan to yawn as well.

Brittany: Haha sorry guys! So, should we go get some breakfast? Maybe Denny's? I know im stahving!

Hayden and Logan looked at each other, then at Brittany before both nodded. Logan and his family got up and went back inside the hotel room to get ready.

10:45am
Denny's

Logan held the door open as Brittany and Hayden walked into the restaurant. You could smell the pancakes and bacon immediately. It was seat yourself, so the trio found a booth in the corner and began looking over the menu.

Waitress: Hello, my name is Suzie and I'll be your waitress this morning. Can I get you anything to drink to start?

Brittany: Lemonade please.
Hayden: Can I have chocolate milk please?
Logan: I'll take a Coke please.

Suzie: Okay, Lemonade, Coke and chocolate milk. I'll be right back with your drinks.

The waitress walked off as the family looked over the menu, trying to decide what to get. In the end they all decided to get the Grand Slam breakfast and placed the order when the waitress returned.

Logan: You ready for tonight babe? You know you're kinda the great equalizah right? I mean Vis Imperium has Holmes on the outside, and now we'll have you, my beautiful managah and wife to be at ringside. That's a 4 on 4 scenario should Holmes stick his nose in the match.

Brittany: I'm ready Logan. I'm gonna be cheering the three of you the whole time, and I'll make sure Holmes can't interfere as well.

Logan: Just remembah, don't staht nothing out there, only if they try and play dirty first.

Brittany: Don't worry, I won't do anything to distract you or your team from the ultimate goal, championships for all!

As Brittany finishes,the food arrives. Hayden sees his pancakes and he's ready to dive in. Logan looks at his family, and smiles. Time to enjoy this breakfast before the real fun begins this evening.

Logan: Let's eat!

4:00pm
En route to Lethal Lottery

Brittany was driving the three of them to the arena, Hayden in the backseat, wearing his Logan McAllister shirt and excited for the pay per view. Logan was in the passenger seat, looking through his phone for the number to reach Cooper and Keaton. After a few moments, Logan finds it and presses the call button.

Brittany: Who ya callin?

Logan:Just trying to get in touch with my partnahs tonight, if they ever answ-

Logan pauses as it seems someone finally answered.

Logan: Hey it's Logan. Just wanted to touch base with you guys before the match tonight. We gotta all be cohesive if the three of us wanna beco-

Again Logan stops, though this time it's because he was interrupted.

Logan: Whoa dude, who said anything about being bros? Also, when was the last time Boston and Detroit had a sports rivalry? Unless we're talkin about that 2013 ALCS meltdown haha. Anyways, come on Mahk, you gotta know you need my help, just like I need yours. We both keep failing when we collide with them, and it's because we're always wicked outnumbahd. If we can work togethah, it'll be an even showdown, and I don't like Vis Imperium's chances when it's a fair fight.

Brittany keeps driving, all while trying to figure out the conversation going on, Hayden oblivious as he looks out the window.

Logan: Trio of Doom? Whatevah man, as long as we win you can call us anything you want. Tell Coopah I'll see you guys there shortly.

After a moment, Logan ends the call and takes a breath, followed by Brittany placing a hand over his.

Brittany: Everything okay?

Logan looks at Brittany, squeezing her hand with his and nods.

Logan: Yeah Brit, everything is okay. I really like our chances tonight babe. Tonight just might finally be the night, and I can't do it alone. I need Coopah, I need Keaton, and most of all, I need you and Hayden.

Brittany and Hayden: We're here for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back