Lesnar vs Orton II CONFIRMED

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/748831-brock-lesnar-vs-randy-orton-ii-confirmed#/slide/1

I am absolutely SHOCKED at these news. A live event in Chicago?? Will it air at the network? Really, really shocked and did not expect this.

I excpet Lesnar will lose the match via DQ and then Orton will punt him. They did the same thing with Cena back in 2014, although right now Lesnar losing doesn't feel right.

So we have a match than neither man can afford to lose here.

Orton will punt Brock and his foot will break. Then the Viper will eat twenty suplexs. Is there really room for Network House Shows? They've already nearly doubled ppv/special events with the Brand Split.

Orton will punt Brock and his foot will break. Then the Viper will eat twenty suplexs. Is there really room for Network House Shows? They've already nearly doubled ppv/special events with the Brand Split.

I think it's definately an act of desepration, because they want to sell out the Allstate Arena. However having this a house show is really tough.. I think it should be televised as a Network Special or at least have the match uploaded like how they did with Brock vs Sheamus, Rusev and Del Rio.

This is a house show and not a Network Special. I have a feeling they are using all of Brock's dates up and he'll be gone by WM33.

I hope it makes it way online it'll be a fun watch I imagine.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/748831-brock-lesnar-vs-randy-orton-ii-confirmed#/slide/1

I am absolutely SHOCKED at these news. A live event in Chicago?? Will it air at the network? Really, really shocked and did not expect this.

I excpet Lesnar will lose the match via DQ and then Orton will punt him. They did the same thing with Cena back in 2014, although right now Lesnar losing doesn't feel right.

So we have a match than neither man can afford to lose here.

We already had a match that Orton couldn't afford to lose, and he not only lost, but got completely squashed, so it doesn't matter now. Lesnar should be eating clean pins, but Vince won't allow it because of the hard-on he's always had for Lesnar. We'll get another bland, boring match with 20 suplexes, and Lesnar will pin Orton clean in the middle of the ring. Yawn. Next.

I'm surprised they felt they had to have this match to sell the Allstate Arena. I live in Chicago, and it's not difficult to sell that sucker out with a WWE event. Chicago fans are rabid yuppies who will buy tickets just to show up and drink themselves silly for a good time, even if just to boo whatever is on. They didn't need this match to sell out, Allstate Arena only fits like 16k people anyway, tops, which is why we'll never get a Wrestlemania again.

Orton was humbled last time, a Dusty finish or another loss doesn't do much for him. Also Backlash could do with this match more than a house show.

I'm surprised they felt they had to have this match to sell the Allstate Arena. I live in Chicago, and it's not difficult to sell that sucker out with a WWE event. Chicago fans are rabid yuppies who will buy tickets just to show up and drink themselves silly for a good time, even if just to boo whatever is on. They didn't need this match to sell out, Allstate Arena only fits like 16k people anyway, tops, which is why we'll never get a Wrestlemania again.

I know the feeling, anything with less than 70,000 seats is no longer considered "acceptable" for a WrestleMania, so there are even some cities with NFL stadiums or other venues of comparable size, who won't be considered for a WrestleMania.

Since it's a house show, maybe the same rules don't apply as far as "banned moves" go.

I see a head punt, knocking Brock out until around the Royal Rumble.

This is a house show and not a Network Special. I have a feeling they are using all of Brock's dates up and he'll be gone by WM33.

They could just as well use up all his appearances on TV.

And does the booking of Brock really lead you to think that he will be gone from the WWE in less than 6 months?

Summerslam this year also was in a 15K-16-K stadium. It seems WWE doesn't have faith in the New Era's drawing power to guide a show, Cena won't be involved.

I'm curious to see wether WWE will acknowledge this on TV, they don't acknowledge house shows most of the time, only when it comes to really big matches, like the change of the NXT Championship at a house show this year or when Rock defeated Lesnar at a house show in 2003.

They could just as well use up all his appearances on TV.

And does the booking of Brock really lead you to think that he will be gone from the WWE in less than 6 months?

Yeah but they may as well get some extra drawing power out of it.

If I remember right he only signed for 2 years and that was last year. I could be wrong though.

Yeah but they may as well get some extra drawing power out of it.

If I remember right he only signed for 2 years and that was last year. I could be wrong though.

His contract is up, I just don't see why they wouldn't go for another 2 year deal. Brock could always just say he's done, but if he's willing to re-up for the same terms, I don't see any way McMahon doesn't keep him. They've built him up into something the business hasn't really ever had before.

If the UFC drug violation pissed off Vince that much, he wouldn't have had Brock go out there and decimate Orton to the point that people thought he went into business for himself. So I'd be shocked if Brock wasn't back due to the WWE not wanting him back.

I thought Brock signed for three years and had a year and a half to go. I could be wrong.

The venue is a surprise but the match is not. Orton said in his promo before Wyatt cut him off that he would cross paths with Brock again.

I thought Brock signed for three years and had a year and a half to go. I could be wrong.

The venue is a surprise but the match is not. Orton said in his promo before Wyatt cut him off that he would cross paths with Brock again.

You're right. I just looked it up. He signed a three-year deal with the WWE on March 23, 2015.

So any talk about his appearances being used up and being jettisoned after WM can officially be dropped.

This will definitely end up being televised on the WWE Network. You really think that the WWE are going to keep the biggest thing going on their product to a select few people in Chicago? If your answer to that is yes, then you really don't know what business is.

Really irritating that this isn't a Network special.While it's great for the fans in Chicago, it's a waste of one of Lesnar's dates. More importantly a match of this level should be televised in some form. Don't get me wrong it's not Hogan and Andre but after that finish at Summerslam it doesn't feel right for it not to be televised. A little reminiscent of the Hawaii live event that was rumored to be a Network special but didn't happen. So with any hope it will become a Network special. The Network's bread and butter is live content and how many true "House Shows" has Brock worked since 2012? WWE would foolish to not air this on the Network flat out.

Usually any match that Brocks involved in airs. So I would expect it on the Network. I'm surprised that they aren't doing this on a PPV.

I wonder who the WWE plans to have face Brock at Mania this year.

Owens
Rollins
Cesaro
Balor
Zayn

All of them would be good choices. I'd love for Shane to bring in Samoa Joe to feud with Brock.

Usually any match that Brocks involved in airs. So I would expect it on the Network. I'm surprised that they aren't doing this on a PPV.

I wonder who the WWE plans to have face Brock at Mania this year.

Owens
Rollins
Cesaro
Balor
Zayn

All of them would be good choices. I'd love for Shane to bring in Samoa Joe to feud with Brock.

As much I hate to say it, they will probably feed Goldberg to Lesnar at Mania.

As much I hate to say it, they will probably feed Goldberg to Lesnar at Mania.
I doubt Goldberg agrees to lose to Brock. He would ask for a great amount of money for it.

Lesnar Vs Orton at Summerslam was the last match I wanted to see of Brock. I even didn't see this one considering how it went. Lesnar has been doing same thing since a long time which is boring and stale. Therefore I have no more interest in any of his matches. Until someone looks competitive against Brock, I am going to avoid watching every Brock match.

This match will be on the Network. Lesnar and Orton are two of the biggest draws in WWE. WWE won't waste this match on a non-televised house show.

As for the match itself, I'm not interested. Lesnar returns, squashes a top star, and leaves. It never leads to anything, and the matches are getting boring.

I think it's definately an act of desepration, because they want to sell out the Allstate Arena. However having this a house show is really tough.. I think it should be televised as a Network Special or at least have the match uploaded like how they did with Brock vs Sheamus, Rusev and Del Rio.

Yeah, Network Special would be smart. Gives fans an incentive to tune in/subscribe.

The Brock matches are uploaded?

His deal ends in 2018. I could imagine WWE would resign Brock just to break the Super Bowl record in 2019 for WM 35.

Yeah, Network Special would be smart. Gives fans an incentive to tune in/subscribe.

The Brock matches are uploaded?

Usually yes. I don't know if it's the WWE that lets them out or just the fans, but you will easily find his matches against Sheamus, Rusev and Del Rio at Dailymotion or Youtube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back